Burpees

Box Over Jumps

Shuttle Run

Jump Rope

5' Strength AMRAP

Turkish Get-Ups

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

Monday, 31 October

9' AMRAP

25 Burpees

25 Pushups

25 Lunges

25 Toes to bar

25 Box Jumps

Score: 130 reps (1 full round and 5 Burpees)

Ranking: 31/46 males

Comments: We were told that many people had trouble even completing a full round, so I'm pretty satisfied I went beyond that. Pushups were broken into sets of 3, T2B started in sets of 5 then 3, 2 or one but with minimum breaks inbetween. Everything else was done unbroken. Pretty happy with how T2B came out, they're one of my weak spots and absence has deteriorated my skill which seems to be slowly coming back. Speaking of skills coming back, I forgot to write that during Saturday's warmup I pushed my Double Unders PR from 23 to 26, so I can safely say that one came back real quick. Now, to demolish some lifting PRs. Gotta catch up with @Endor.

• Like 10

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

On 30/10/2016 at 0:21 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

2 sets of 6 Dips

Are these ring dips or on bars? How are you going with them? 

Geez, Pireaus is not messing about, you have some high volume WOD's there. That Thursday one looks very daunting, not aimed at an old man like me :lol: 

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

9 hours ago, Endor said:

Are these ring dips or on bars? How are you going with them? 

Geez, Pireaus is not messing about, you have some high volume WOD's there. That Thursday one looks very daunting, not aimed at an old man like me :lol: 

Ring dips. They call the bar variation "Matador Dips". I'm pretty good at dips, especially after learning the kipping/kicking trick. As for that Thursday WOD, there was no warmup before it since it was done at a slow pace so it didn't feel as bad as it looks.

Did you check my challenge thread? Somewhere in that wall of text there's news about me signing up for competition again :D

• Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Wednesday, 2 November

WOD was Front Squat. We had to build up to a weight that gave us trouble on the 5th rep, then do 5 sets of 5 at that weight. Warmed up and went all the way to 164lbs (65% of my 1RM) for the workout. Strange compromise with the guy I was working with, since his 1RM was something like 140lbs while after the lifts I felt like I could have gone heavier (hey, at least I pushed him to go heavy, right?) plus he was shorter, but not that I minded the lower bar. Getting back on the saddle, nice and steady. Baby steps.

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Thursday, 3 November

7' AMRAP

10 Sumo Deadlift High Pull

10 Push Press

Rx: 94lbs

What I did: 74lbs

Score: 90 reps

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Monday, 7 November

Newport Crippler

For time:

30 Back Squats at bodyweight

1 mile run

12:37 total at 164lbs as I weighed in at 74kg. Broke the squats into 15-10-5 in 2:38, which means I did the mile in 9:59

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Wednesday, 16 November

Damn, it's been a week and a half already and I felt the loss in performance when I blew up during warm-up. Thought I'd take it easy and lower expectations. Not a nice feeling for a fourthnight before the first WOD of the competition

WOD was Elisabeth

21-15-9 for time

Cleans 135lb

Ring Dips

Scaled it to 94lb and paced the (Power) Cleans pretty well. Dips began in sets of 5 but quickly broke down to 2 and eventually I had to switch to Matador Dips in order to maintain a decent pace. Final result was 9:42 and as long as it was under 10 minutes, I'll take it.

Two more reasons why CF Pireaus is awesome

1) The workout was judged, meaning class was broken into 2 heats with one half judging the other half

2) Coach told us an elite athlete should be able to do the WOD in about 5' while someone at our level should take under 10' so depending on that, we should scale the weight and dips. Taking 15 or more minutes just to Rx it is pointless

• Like 9

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Friday 18 November

3 rounds, each for time

100 Single Unders

50 Double Unders

1' of Triple Under attempts

Rest as needed between rounds

Nailed my first Triple Under. Then another one. @Endor, @Rurik Harrgath your move

Rq3jY.gif

• Like 10

Lvl 60 Multitasker

On 2016-11-20 at 4:37 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

@Rurik Harrgath your move

I rediscovered ring muscle-ups the other day.  Triple unders are stupid!  :P

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

4 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I rediscovered ring muscle-ups the other day.  Triple unders are stupid!  :P

That's what people said about double unders before crossfit made them a thing. Just because you can't do them doesn't mean they're stupid :P

Monday, 21 November

Endurance class

Leg mobility warmup

Running pose and move theory (this one's for you @Xena). Leg/Foot movement, straight pose, leaning forward

2 rounds of

4x30" run

Pick a running drill and do 20 reps on each leg

2' run

WOD: Test 3 (Judged)

Air squat tabata, 8 rounds

4' AMRAP Muscle ups

Multiply worst squat round by MU reps for score

Score: 560 (16*35 transition progressions. Felt real strong, an actual MU might be closer than I thought)

• Like 8

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Wednesday, 23 November

WOD: Helen

3 rounds for time

400m run

21 KB Swings (24kg)

12 Pullups

Score: 16:19 Rx, 28/47 of male athletes

Comments: Just one running theory class and I'm already seeing improvement there. Swings broke down terribly but I never felt the big pain of going too heavy so it was simply a matter of endurance. Same with pullups, where I needed a breath after every rep. Still, my last attempt was 14:47 at a scaled 16kg so I'll take the extra 1:30 in exchange for finally Rx'ing it!

• Like 9

Lvl 60 Multitasker

35 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

(And you probably weren't even last!)

According to Wodify's Whiteboard, I was actually 29th out of 49 males that day.

Itcing to try out today's WOD, it's actually the first qualifying WOD for January's Greek Throwdown*. Not participating, but it's nice we're doing it anyway. They do the same during the Open every Friday and I like that.

*27-21-15-9 Unbroken Thrusters at 64lb/30kg. If the athlete breaks during any of the sets, they have to start that set again from zero. Resting the bar at a front rack or overhead position during sets doesn't count as breaking. Barbell can rest on the floor between sets.

Oh, and all that's got a 7' Time Cap B)

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Well, never got to try that WOD out. Thanks, torrential rain!

Wednesday, 1 December

Bench Press

Find max weight for 5 solid sets of 5 reps

Score: 134lbs/60kg

Not bad, considering my 2 rep max about a year ago (Oct.26, 2015) was 70kg

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Tuesday, 6 December

Weightlifting 101

Push Jerk class, with a focus on footwork

Load up to a 1RM that looks and is technically sound

Score: 134lbs/61kg with ease. Ran out of time and didn't have the chance to push past my 1RM of 65kg

WOD

5 rounds for time

800m run

3' rest between rounds

Score: 32'50" (including rest)

• Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Friday, 9 December

Isabel

30 Snatches for time (135lb)

Score: 4:06 scaled (94lbs)

16th/26 male athletes

Broke it into single reps to keep the heart rate down. Felt like I could have gone for 114lbs so next time I'm taking another step towards Rx'ing this. I should also note that it's been a long while since I tested my 1RM for snatch, but it stands at 50kg/110lbs so using a little under that for a 30 Snatch race is great progress.

Spent the next hour playing fitness games and having fun

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Monday, 12 December

Endurance class

1' sprint

50" rest

1' sprint

40" rest

1' sprint

30" rest

1' sprint

20" rest

1' sprint

10" rest

repeat backwards

Score: 2574m total

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

On 11/28/2016 at 11:39 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

According to Wodify

We've got this in the box now, hopefully I'll get on it this week. I think you can add peeps from other boxes, might be fun to do that and keep tabs on one another! 

Early days but I assume you are entering the Open? 

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

11 hours ago, Endor said:

We've got this in the box now, hopefully I'll get on it this week. I think you can add peeps from other boxes, might be fun to do that and keep tabs on one another! 

Early days but I assume you are entering the Open? 

Yes and yes

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker