DarK_RaideR's BattlE_LoG

Thursday 7 December

CF Liftoff 2017 workout No.3

12' AMRAP

25 Pullups

50 cal row

100 Overhead Squats (empty 20kg/44lb barbell)

50 Box Jumps

25 Pullups

Score: 150 reps, meaning I made it to the 75th OH Squat. Pretty satisfied with how fast I got through the pullups (16 before I broke the first set) and a solid pace on the rower. My only regret is I should have rested the barbell on my shoulders back squat-style instead of dropping it on the ground and snatching it back up for the next set.

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

It's a trade off, as holding on to the bar would mean continuous strain of my back. Maybe the best thing would be to start by resting it on my shoulders, then later on put it down.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Friday 9 December

LiftOff competition

Snatch: 50kg and two failed attempts at 55kg

Clean&Jerk: 65kg, 70kg, 75kg (standing PR)

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Thursday 14 December

For time

500m row

40 Squats

30 Situps

20 Pushups

10 Pullups

Score: 5'50"

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Saturday 30 December

10km row for time

Score: 53'25"

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

9 hours ago, Endor said:

That's just disgusting!

Just because you can't or won't do it doesn't make it disgusting, old man :P

Tuesday 2 January

Warmup: A casual 1km run

Lifting class: Snatch technique complex

• Snatch shoulder push press
  • Overhead Squat
  • Snatch drop (dip, steady feet)
  • Snatch drop (no dip, foot switch during drop)
  • Snatch drop (dip and foot switch)

Made it up to 3 or 4 sets of 94lbs with solid technique. Not bad, considering my 1RM is 60kg

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

14 hours ago, Endor said:

You're doing it wrong...

You see, actually your image is the wrong version. People think rowing is about upper body strength, when in fact over 75% of the force comes from the legs. In that sense, I think the better analogy is that rowing is like a seated deadlift or DL High Pull (hiya there @Mr_Willes). With all your floating vehicular experience though, I think it's safe to say you'd most likely kick my butt in an actual rowing scenario.

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Wednesday 3 January

Post holiday week at the box

25' EMOM

2 Squat Cleans

Did the Rx+ version (touch&go) with 114lbs and flawless technique

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

8 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

That sounds like heaps of fun, and would be one of my first RX things i could actually manage!

The clue is you're supposed to go heavy. Rx+ is touch&go which can get demanding, while in the simple Rx you can break it down to a lift every 30' and the rest periods let you go heavier. Two different things really

Lvl 60 Multitasker

4 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

The clue is you're supposed to go heavy. Rx+ is touch&go which can get demanding, while in the simple Rx you can break it down to a lift every 30' and the rest periods let you go heavier. Two different things really

Ok, so i would probably start out Rx+ and would go Rx if i couldn't maintain... Hmm might have to try that at home...

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

1 minute ago, Mr_Willes said:

Ok, so i would probably start out Rx+ and would go Rx if i couldn't maintain... Hmm might have to try that at home...

Go for it. We were even allowed to change the load between sets (which takes out of your rest time though) so don't even worry about picking the right weight. Adapt as you go along, it's the Ranger way!

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Tuesday 9 January

12' AMRAP

10 Deadlifts

5 Power Cleans

5 Burpees over the bar

Score: 7 rounds and 8 reps using 40kg

Wednesday 10 January

3 rounds of

10 Wall Balls (6kg)

10 KB Swings (12kg)

5' AMRAP, 3' Rest

Score: 14 full rounds and a total of 15 bonus Wall Balls

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Sunday 14 January

Some workout from the 2011 Regionals

For time: 21-15-9, Deadlifts and Box Jumps

Score: 6'20" using 154lbs and a 24" box

• Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Friday 19 January

18.Zero

For time:

21-15-9

DB Snatches (35lb)

Burpees over DB

Score: 6'48"

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Tuesday 23 January

Rowing class

5 Rounds of:
750m @ 28 SPM (75% pull power)
2' Rest

Score: 16'14" total, apparently I'd done this again on June 5th 2017 and PR'd that performance by 56 seconds

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Thursday 25 January

Yoga class

Still got it. Wasn't too stiff/sore, though my wrists did take a beating. Worth it though, as I managed to pull off a sweet crow pose and hold it much more than I've ever done before

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Saturday 3 February

Rowing class

15 Rounds of:
1:40 @ 26 s/m (75% pull)
0:20 Rest

Score: 5.301m

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Tuesday 6 February

"Silverhawks"

Ten 90" rounds of 150m sprint, then Assault Bike for calories

90" rest between rounds

Score: 81 calories total

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Tuesday 6 February

"Silverhawks"

Ten 90" rounds of 150m sprint, then Assault Bike for calories

90" rest between rounds

Score: 81 calories total

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath