DarK_RaideR's BattlE_LoG

25 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

kept my cool and drove as I should to pass

There is no other way! I'm pretty certain this is what most examiners want to see. Ofcourse some instant fails can always occur, but i even heard of people having one major mistake (a certain fail) and riding confident the rest of the exam and still pass.

Congrats!!! First check on the European NF biker meet up ;)

I'm expecting a rough financial August too...

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

Thursday, August 11th

Nutrition: 2/10 servings of alcohol and 3/10 cheat meals

Workouts: Second workout of the week. Probably the last for this month, at least in a box, since both this and my hometown box are closed until the end of the month for summer. Looks like my next update will be trying out Muay Thai round the end of the month, without taking the random holiday run/climb/whatnot into account.

WOD

5 rounds for time

25m Bear Crawl

25m Goblet Walking Lunges

20 One arm KB snatches

Goal: ???

Score: 15:08

Comments:

- Since the box is about 30m long, every round except the first I had to walk back to the KB for the lunges

+ At least I used that to catch my breath and kept moving during the workout, doing everything unbroken

- As I was finishing the snatches for the 4th round, coach said my time was too fast and I looked ok, should probably have gone for the 16kg KB instead of the 12kg I used. Truth be told, when choosing weight I considered my snatch 1RM and divided by two, but failed my math (see @Raxie?)

Finances: SRLF estimated we're well within budget as far as most expenses go, but we've already hit our limit for supermarket and groceries. Buying from the central meat market has allowed us to stay quite under the projected number there, so with a bit of control we might be able to balance the losses. In all due fairness, the goals were set with plenty of guesstimation, so this is also a chance to monitor our spending and plan our September budget better.

Bonus: Unlikely alliances, huge battles, mystery and surprise: it's all there in HWA Episode 5

• Like 8

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing lots and lots of pictures of bikes here from now on.

I don't think ice cream is a "cheat meal" if it's a celebration. ;)

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Whoo hoo! Way to go!

Sent on dragon wing

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

On 8/11/2016 at 7:22 AM, mr_willes said:

Anaerobic mathing is hard

Hell, Aerobic mathing is hard!

TRUTH RIGHT HERE

CONGRATS on passing your exam!!!  We test, we pass, we ride again!!

mad-max-gif-pixel-art-tank-2248854.gif

• Like 5

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Congrats on passing your exam! 

200_s.gif

On 8/9/2016 at 3:22 AM, mr_willes said:

We have a saying:

"een slechte generale belooft een goede premiere"

translated (don't know if there is an english equivalent):

"a bad last practice makes for a good recital"

Yep, it's the same in english! or in the theatre world, a bad dress rehearsal means a good opening night! :) 

• Like 3

Well done on passing the bike test man!

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

It's really strange to return after a little while to a chorus of praise for my exam, then this

13 hours ago, Xena said:

Sounds like you and SLRF are working well together!

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not ungrateful. Oh well, let me explain.

Last update was Thursday, August 11. Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but since it's only like a month that the SRLF got a job and less than a couple of weeks that she finished training and got into the actual work, she's not getting any days off for summer. Which is a bummer, because I'd like to go with her somewhere for the holidays, but let's not get carried into hypothetical talk here. I don't wanna talk about her being unemployed all the while before, because that doesn't mean she was taking it easy while looking for a job and trying to survive on unemployment benefits, but as far as I'm concerned, after the summer of 2015 when I went through not only the referendum and capital controls but also the loss of my planned summer vacation and my job for a month, I couldn't just throw another summer away and stick around in the house. Call me selfish and unsupportive, I just couldn't do it. Attempting to balance both, I took the second half of August off from work and booked a ticket to my hometown. The plan was to take the morning ferry on Friday, get picked up by my usual camping buddy, go camp in the south for 3 days (15th is a holiday) and return asap to spend the remaining days at home with the SRLF. I had a previously unused ferry ticket which I used today to book a voyage back on the evening of the 17th.

Back to Thursday, August 11. That update was posted in the morning, while I was at work. SRLF had warned me in advance she's not cool with me leaving. That is partially because I'd be on the beach while she'd be working, but also because every time I visited my hometown or my parents came to visit, we had serious communication problems which resulted in major fights, so she was afraid she'd go through the same experience again. I thought that was all taking it too far, especially since my parents are out of town until the 20th, but I chose to respect it. So, in coming back home after having picked her up from work, I joked about her having to go out with her friends for a while as I'd pack my bag, because I was leaving the next morning and it had to be done, but doing it with her around in the house made me feel bad as if I was rubbing it in her face that I'd be leaving while she'd stay back. Somehow, this all came out the wrong way out of my mouth as if I wanted to kick her out and have my fun packing, which of course resulted in a big fight.

Friday I got up with her in the morning which means I was 2 hours early to the ferry (for a grand total of a 9 hour voyage) but didn't really mind as I had packed enough episodes of Lucha Underground on my phone. I also had home cooked lunch with me, packed by the SRLF to prevent me from messing up my nutrition with ferry food. Of course, I was still in a bad mood from the previous night and spent all 9 hours nailed to my chair watching Lucha Underground. The few times I talked with her on the phone she picked up my sour mood and attempted to cheer me up to no avail. It didn't take long for things to deteriorate into a little addendum of the previous night, as after a while I felt like she was almost calling me out for my mood, as if I was supposed to apologise for it (the other alternative probably being to get over it in an instant and come across as an insensible bastard?). Anyway, phone signal was as terrible as my mood so that got cut off short. I called her again when I reached port, but never got through. My friend picked me up and he had already gotten most of the supplies. Of course, they were completely opposite to my nutrition plan but what could I say by that point? My slip had already begun earlier too, as I was still hungry after the packed lunch and caved in to buy a pastry from the ship, which of course killed my stomach for hours later.

Fast forward a few hours, we reach a village in the south and my friend slows down the car to greet some people. We've been there again a few years back, but then he only drove by and said hi. This time I knew he'd bought sweets for them, so we stopped and did a proper visit. I of course was on the phone with the SRLF, but joined the party a little later. We were planning to spend the night at the beach, but the people took us to a tavern for dinner (which they bought for us in secret) and insisted we should sleep in a spare double bed they had. I called the SRLF again from the tavern and when the food plates started arriving, told her I'd call her back soon. That "soon" turned out to be more than that, since we left the tavern at 1 a.m. I helped clean up the room and make the bed, intending to call the SRLF once we were done. She caught up to me first, complaining about how I said I'd call "soon" but didn't, how she had to call me first (she took my intention to call as an excuse), how I never texted her or something to tell her that I got caught up and how I should apologize. I thought (and still do) that this was silly and we're too grown up for this teenage shit so of course another fight started and even though I did end up apologizing, it went on for a while after that.

Saturday dawned and after a dip in the sea, we thanked our hosts and took off to explore the coastline for a beach to camp. We also made a stop at the nearest city for meat, veggies and other sensitive supplies that had to be bought fresh and consumed quick. It was there that I called the SRLF to say good morning, but of course we had to go on about the previous night and all our arguments since Thursday evening, until things blossomed into a full blown argument about pretty much everything. She ended up crying, I ended up talking very, very badly to her, hanging up and turning off my phone for 3 days.

Onto the camping, we explored several beaches, some of them hard to get via dirt roads, but all of them were exposed to the weather. Winds were strong and the next day we heard on the radio that they were strong enough to keep ferries moored for the night across the country. Eventually, we chose the most protected beach and set up camp. Meat was grilled, alcohol was consumed and of course I was in such a bad headspace that I smoked again. As for the remainder of the night, the wind literally brought the tent to our faces, preventing us from sleeping.

Sunday the wind stopped, only to reveal another problem. A protected beach also meant dirty water, especially now that the wind was gone. There was some kind of filthy foam everywhere on the surface (think of the foam that rises when you boil goat meat) so our swims were short and strategic, mainly to cool us down from the sun. Another problem, limited to me this time, had to do with my intestines.

TMI ALERT!

Spoiler

I go to the bathroom every morning shortly after breakfast, sometimes one or two times more again during the day. This time there was constipation. I'd gone to the bathroom on Friday evening and it happened again on Sunday evening. Things were normal after that, at least on the timetable, because after the first time, I was plagued by diarrhea and I still am as I type this, Tuesday the 16th. Some kind of stomach bug I guess?

That was pretty much Sunday and Monday, with the addition of pasta as the main dish on both days. Delicious, but not fun for my system after having detoxed for so long from processed carbs.

Returned to my hometown on Monday afternoon, where I turned on my phone again and got a call from the SRLF. We talked things through and although I wouldn't really call it a fight, it wasn't a burying of the hatchet either. Frankly, it couldn't have been with the way we left off. Anyway, we talked for something like 3 hours, to the point where I went straight to bed, not showering after 3 days of camping.

This morning I took my shower and headed downtown to book my return ticket. I also paid the first installment of my annual insurance dues. My guts are still bad and nutrition isn't according to schedule still. I'm meeting a friend tonight, planning to see an old classmate and her brother tomorrow and hop on the return ferry.

I should note the SRLF reads my posts and will probably disagree with stuff I've written, say I omitted things, presented me in a favorable light etc. I do however need to write it in order to let you know where I'm at and put the mess in my head in some order. Tried to document what happened and provide my point of view in an impartial way. I'm not proud of myself, I'm not happy and frankly, I'm not that optimistic for the immediate future.

I've caught up with everyone (still owe the final story piece for the Ranger mini) and I'm just starting to find people's new threads. Don't expect me to provide accurate daily updates until I'm back Thursday morning and maybe even later than that.

• Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

Ughhh that sort of fighting is the worst. I'm really sorry you're dealing with all that.

I think part of why these things happen is that people just have different ideas about how much communication should happen on vacation? Like, when I go on a trip on my own I often talk to my boyfriend waaaaay less than normal, because I am on vacation and seeing friends and doing things, and he misses me but it's not a big deal if I'm out late and don't get around to chatting with him. But I know other people who call their significant others constantly and for them that's what's normal if you're separated for a while. So I imagine if two people have opposite communication styles when one is on a trip, that could cause a lot of problems where you both feel like the other person is being unreasonable. 

Also, re: the gut thing - that EXACT thing happens to me when I go from eating really well for a while to eating non-paleoish. It might not be a bug at all, but just food-related. 

• Like 5

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Sorry you guys are going through all that together. Getting communication nailed down is very important. A huge part of solvable problems in relationships revolve around communication.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

8 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Getting communication nailed down is very important. A huge part of solvable problems in relationships revolve around communication.

If I could add a <blink> </blink> tag to Tank's quote I would.

Communication is SO HARD and often takes a lot of vulnerability from both sides, in my experience, to really make things work.  I think a lot of times people fight and yell at each other because they're frustrated and not willing/ready/understanding of the fact that they really need to be more open (vulnerable) and let those true feelings out; it's scary to open yourself up like that and often times I think because it's so scary it instantly turns into arguments instead, because then you have a strong wall of defenses up... and it needs to come from both sides, not just one.  And all of this is something that's VERY hard to be on the same page with.

In my 10 years with Kell, especially with everything that we've dealt with over the last year, I can't emphasize enough how communication, with both people on the same page, can really resolve any problem rationally and with respect to everyone's feelings, whether it's for better or worse in the end.

(SORRY FOR THE RUN ON I REALLY FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT PEOPLE TALKIN' SHIT OUT YO)

I hope the rest of your trip goes as smoothly as possible man, and that you both can control the damage and get to rebuilding in a healthy way!! *rangerfist*

• Like 9

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

That is rough, and sounds like a miserable time for both of you.

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Sorry to hear you're having problems man, but you'll be back home soon and I'm sure the two of you will work through it together.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

I can't say it any better than shaarawy.  There is nothing open and honest communication can't solve one way or another, but that openness and honesty can be SCARY.  Especially if you're still feeling each other out in terms of what types of communicators you are, how to integrate those types, and how to communicate while travelling.  A lot of times two people in relationships see completely different things as obvious and talking through that can be really frustrating for both the party that feels it is obvious and the party that doesn't see it at all, and talking through it and not getting upset is hard but neccessary. I'm glad you were able to lay it all out here in as logical and non-subjective way that you could, I think that can really do wonders in sorting things out in your own head which is a great step forward.  I'm sorry you're having such a rough time - I really hope you guys work through this and you come out stronger for it. 

• Like 3

Just poking my head in to say ditto to @shaarawy and @Raxie and offer support and hugs across the miles

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda