Welcome from Thin Air!

...to quote our football slogan, anyways. Hey all! I've followed the main NF blog for several months now but I've been too nervous to join the community. Finally decided to suck it up and say hello today! I'm a cadet at the AF Academy in Colorado Springs, halfway through my second year here. Originally from Woodinville, WA, it was a life goal of mine to join the Academy and now that I'm here and through freshman year I'm trying to find some new goals!

I struggled a lot with the fitness standards here for the first year and a half of college, but I had a sudden charge of inspiration and turned it all around. Now I'm eating healthier, exercising daily and in much better shape than I have ever been. I scored a 350/500 on my last fitness test and I'm hoping to hit a 400 this coming Fall. I'm currently training for a half-marathon in May and I just started lifting last week. I don't have many specific goals yet but in general I just want to look better and feel better about myself.

One of the reasons I wanted to join the rebellion is because my friends from home don't understand the "fitness," and my friends at school don't understand the "nerd"!! I hope to find a reconciliation on the forums with you all. I was browsing some of the threads earlier and honestly, this place looks awesome! I'm so excited to be a part of this and I hope you all will treat me well. :tranquil:

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon