Hello  all, thanks to all the help and advice in the respawn thread :D 

Its probably time to begin a daily journal and i hope some of you pop in and help, encourage and cheer me on haha

My mental health has been kinda bad lately, my confidence is just non existent. I want to lose weight, i want to be able to run, i want to be stronger and healthy. 

So, my fitness goals are to:

• Run 3km. 
  • Lose 20lb

Yep thats it for now. i dont have a time limit. the way i plan to do this is. 

• Eat well, fish, veg, salad, eggs, nuts. Im ok with eating anyway so it wont be a huge change. 
  • Walk 3km, add in jogging, then running; try to beat the time each time i work out. 
  • Start to cycle to most places i go. (but if i DO get public transport dont beat myself up) 

Few more lifestyle goals:

• Meditate daily
  • Dont bite nails
  • Read a little each day
  • Drink more green tea
  • Go back to volunteering 

I dont want to bombard myself with goals because ive done that before and i end up missing something and giving up, spiralling into depression thinking im a failure... 

Im also a recovering alcoholic so thats been difficult for me. Doing ok, 4 days sober. 

anyway, here we go...!!

• Like 1

good luck!

Do you have a program you're going to follow for the running?

I find it helps me push myself, when i have a fixed goal for each running session.  When I "just run", I give up more easily.  When I have a set number of minutes I have to run, I'm like "I'm dead, done for, finished, but I've come this far and I'm gonna find a way of squeezing out that last minute"

• Like 1

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

I'm trying to lose the same amount of weight as you! I'll definitely be checking in on your log. *clicks follow button* :D

Your goals look good: very clear, and with a good plan on how to achieve them. Remember, even if you're "only" faster by a second each time - you're still getting faster! :)

Oh, and on the nail-biting thing - I started biting mine when I was 5 years old (I blame Bugs Bunny for making it seem so funny). I struggled with stopping for years... hell, I still find myself tearing at them if I'm seriously mad or upset. I tried painting them, getting fake nails, hot sauce... you name it, I tried it. I think what ultimately worked best (other than my persistence in quitting the habit) was keeping them trimmed to the barest minimum length possible. It seemed that as long as there was nothing to chew, I wasn't as inclined to bite them. These days I'm trying to get them to grow out more so the shape will come back (they look like tiny spades, at the moment) but I still cut them the instant I find myself even thinking about nibbling.

Keep on keeping on! ^_^

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Thanks evicious! Yes, one second IS still faster :D lets hope i do this...!

haha i tried everything too, and 3 weeks ago something just clicked and i havent bitten them since...ive even got them painted now, they look lovely. My goal is to not go back to the habit, but you know, i dont think i will ^_^

thanks for following!! x

• Like 1

Just been to the shops  and got lots of healthy food, fish, eggs, salad, veggies...

Walked there which is a mile or so. 

also got some new nail varnish, a nice purple :) 

Will do housework today and watch the tennis!

Ive joined the gym (i did so last week but my payment bounced :() but its sorted now and ill be able to use it from Monday when registration has gone through!

• Like 1

if it's just the one pizza and the next day you're back on track... you'll survive

• Like 1

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Today has been much better. 

Eaten well and been to the gym! Drinking lots of water and got some fruit tea which im trying to have instead of normal tea/coffee. 

Marked down my numbers for the 4km (2km walk/run & 2km bike) pushed myself hard, especially on the treadmill. 

Mental health wise - ok, bit sad for no reason, trying to look for motivation, positivity! 

alcohol - none! 

• Like 1

Looks like you're doing excellent! :D What kind of fruit tea have you been enjoying? I bought the Celestial Seasonings Wild Berry Zinger, and it is DELICIOUS! I especially enjoy it cold; it really enhances the berry flavor.

• Like 1

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

22 hours ago, alexis88 said:

Drinking lots of water and got some fruit tea which im trying to have instead of normal tea/coffee. 

Mental health wise - ok, bit sad for no reason, trying to look for motivation, positivity! 

alcohol - none! 

Yes! what kind of tea are you drinking? I enjoy peach and raspberry (at least for now while its hot out).

I have been feeling the same way too! I started a bullet journal and that seemed to help me, plus i bought lots of fun colored pens cause it made me smile to do so. Stay strong it will get better :)

Woot on the no Alcohol!

• Like 2

My Character ~~ My Log ~~ Formerly Kelley Gammell

Thank you guys :)

Fruit tea, ive got pomegranate & green tea, blueberry & blackberry and a mixed berry with hibiscus! (Hibiscus meant to be good for depression too!) 

Coloured pens and bullet point journals sounds great!

Today has been another good one, been to the gym again :D will begin to log numbers here so:

2km on treadmill

11/07/16 - 20mins 40 seconds

12/07/16 - 19mins 52 seconds

2km on bike

11/07/16 - 4mins 46 seconds

12/07/16 - 4mins 58 seconds

So already im improving! 

Eaten really well also, fish, veggies, salad. Drank lots of water, my fruit tea...

Mental health - not too bad, saw my friend for breakfast which was great to catch up. Its the evening when i have time to think that i get a little worse, but will try to keep distracted. 

alcohol - none!

Hey, 

Yesterday was rest day, today back to the gym. Bought some new running shoes as my old cheap ones had cut up my ankles :( so painful. New trainers are mega comfy but rubbing on the wound. I only managed 1km on the treadmill so did extra on the bike. Hoping it heals quickly...

Did some more weight work as well. I can calf press 290lb which im pleased and surprised with. must be my chunky legs :( haha

Having my bloods done next week as im exhausted constantly. They think it could be the anti depressants, or just the fact, im depressed(!) at the moment. It was a struggle to get to the gym but im proud of myself for going. 

Eaten pretty well today, maybe a bit too much cheese but MFP says its been a decent enough day!

Mental health - had a cry this morning, feeling lost in my work and daily life. But felt better after the gym. 

alcohol - NONE! 

people often don't get just how exhausting depression is.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Igaduma said:

people often don't get just how exhausting depression is.

I totally agree. I feel guilty for being so exhausted and trying to push my self through it but its such a struggle. 

Today has been a write off. I literally couldnt get out of bed. Ive got up and moved about a little in the garden but its so difficult. Dont know how to move past this, its been like this for about a month now. 

2km on treadmill

11/07/16 - 20mins 40 seconds

12/07/16 - 19mins 52 seconds

14/07/16 - (could only do 1km due to cut foot)

16/07/16 - 18mins 46 seconds (!) 

as you can see, ive cut the time down by 2 mins in just under a week. Im pushing myself hard and it feels good (afterwards!) 

Mental health is bit better today, feel less exhausted and glad ive been to the gym, definitely gives me a buzz to see me beating times...

alcohol - none still. feels good. 

Biting nails - not done for over a month now! 

Eating - still doing well with this. 

thanks for reading!!