Hi!

I'm (yet another) newbie from the UK. I'm 27 and an Electronics Engineer based in Leicester in the Midlands, and decided it was about time I started to get into shape!

I did do some exercise back in 2010 when I joined the TA, but was (very mildly) injured in training about a year ago which stopped me running for a couple of months and things just slid from there. Roll on Christmas and I found that I was struggling to get into my 34" trousers - up from 30" about 2 years ago, and thought I should do something about it!

I started off with running and starting strength and kept that up for about 5 weeks, but then based on what I read here I've moved to doing more bodyweight exercies, mostly due to lack of a rack or bench, and interval training; although I do still try to get in a 5k at the weekend! I think I'll be joining a gym very soon though, and hoping to take up Jui Jitsu later this year too. I've also started switching to mostly paleo - and think I might be in the low-carb flu stage, at least I hope so because that might explain why I had so little energy and enthusiasm for working out last week and why I feel so wooly now.

So my goals are

- Get bodyfat under 10% (currently about 21% down from 23% at the beginning of Feb if you believe my scales)

- Enter (and complete) Warrior Dash in June

- Run a half marathon in September

- Be awesome

And one perhaps slightly less realistic goal

- Be able to charge across a battlefield fighting off Orcs and Zombies in full chain and plate with a damsel-in-distress over one shoulder. (Yes, I LARP, sadly :))

I think that about covers it all for now.

Ben

Level 2 Ranger
Aspiring to awesomeness