• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Emerald_Dragonfly

Emerald_Dragonfly positively rocks

On 7/11/2016 at 6:22 PM, Volki said:

It looks awesome, I know you guys put in a ton of work on it. Oh did you decide what equipment you are going to put in there?

All the regular stuff, some new, some second hand. 

• the husband brought home a set of those buildable dumbbells that he got off Craig's list for an absolute steal!  YAY!
  • power cage
  • bench
  • bumper plates
  • Rogue brand Ohio Power Bar
  • maybe some boxing stuff ;-)
  • I have some bands, yoga mats, yoga blocks, and a mini trampoline (wth I am going to do with that last, I don't know, but I have one!)
On 7/11/2016 at 7:17 PM, ~RedStone~ said:

And I have to say, I a freakin loving all of this positivity you are positively radiating here!!! What a wonderful way to start a new cycle. :D I'll be keeping a close open palm ;) def something we can all use. You positively rock indeed!!!!

My most successful challenge was the one where I said something positive every day.  It was quite uplifting, so this is a new take on that.  :beguiled: 

• Like 3

Love your challenge, and like many others have said, you are a great positive force in the warriors!  Grats on the home gym setup, the exterior looks awesome so I can't wait to see the finished product :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

Love your challenge, and like many others have said, you are a great positive force in the warriors!  Grats on the home gym setup, the exterior looks awesome so I can't wait to see the finished product :D

Awww, thanks!  :redface-new:

I can't wait, either.  Although with July being busy, progress will slow for a bit.  Still - we are getting there!

Down the tiniest smidge on the scale today. 

A positive (well, uplifting & powerful, anyway) poem for today.  :-)

INVICTUS

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud,
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

~William Ernest Henley

And one of my favorite songs (yeah, he made up words, so what?)

• Like 5

@~RedStone~ challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,qwerty battledawgs.org

Day 1: 22 push-ups complete; I challenge: @Volki

‪#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

@~RedStone~ challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,qwerty battledawgs.org

‪#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

I'm so glad that this is spreading to NF too!!! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Challenge Excepted for my brothers and sisters in arms! 

• Like 1

Down a respectable amount on the scale today.  I like this trend. 

Today's training session, in pounds:

Squat

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 3 at 185

3 x 3 at 205 (pr for reps!)

Bench

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 3 at 115

3 x 3 at 150 (PR for reps!)

DB Row (per side)

1 x 5 at 30

3 x 3 at 60

Today's music selection brings the absolute worst song that I love.  I have no defense for liking it.  And yet I do. 

Warning: a bit of language.  Also, be sure to keep your eye on the back up dancers to your right (her left). 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Down a respectable amount on the scale today.  I like this trend. 

Today's training session, in pounds:

Squat

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 3 at 185

3 x 3 at 205 (pr for reps!)

Bench

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 3 at 115

3 x 3 at 150 (PR for reps!)

I'm thrilled for you and the scale progress! That is damn awesome. Also, fabulous rep PRs! And in the midst of doing 3 sets at that weight. 

• Like 1

Hell yeah! Such a great time seeing a nice push of progress on all fronts, makes those weeks of patience and waiting all the worth while, everything leading up to it. Rock it girl! You're doing amazeballs.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm thrilled for you and the scale progress! That is damn awesome. Also, fabulous rep PRs! And in the midst of doing 3 sets at that weight. 

Thanks!  Not gonna lie, those squats were a touch difficult. 

51 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Hell yeah! Such a great time seeing a nice push of progress on all fronts, makes those weeks of patience and waiting all the worth while, everything leading up to it. Rock it girl! You're doing amazeballs.

I keep telling myself that with all the muscle I've been working, if I can just stick to the plan, I should be okay. Positive self-talk, yeah?

29 minutes ago, TiffanyD said:

Look at that sexy bench pr!  You go!!

THANKS! :-)

9 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

I am positively onboard with this challenge.

And I am positively glad that you are here! :-)

2 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I keep telling myself that with all the muscle I've been working, if I can just stick to the plan, I should be okay. Positive self-talk, yeah?

That's what I keep telling myself. Repeat repeat repeat until I believe! :D And here is the proof. BAM!

• Like 2

Mental note: 22 push-ups first thing in the morning still in my pajamas and before eating breakfast the day after benching heavy makes me want to throw up.  Do not do that again, Em_D! 

Speaking of push-ups, day 2 is complete - today I challenge @TiffanyD to do 22 push-ups per day for 22 days to raise awareness for US soldiers who commit suicide.  One is too many.  The paragraph is above if you would like to cut and paste it for your thread.

Continuing the "critters" sharing from last challenge, I went to collect eggs this weekend to discover a visitor in the coop

Today's musical selection comes to us via @Alanna.  She introduced me to this song (cuz we are WARRIORS, duh), and it immediately became part of my training soundtrack.  I love it! 

• Like 3