• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Emerald_Dragonfly

Emerald_Dragonfly positively rocks

Speaking of push-ups, day 2 is complete - today I challenge @TiffanyD to do 22 push-ups per day for 22 days to raise awareness for US soldiers who commit suicide.  One is too many.  The paragraph is above if you would like to cut and paste it for your thread.

Challenge accepted!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Continuing the "critters" sharing from last challenge, I went to collect eggs this weekend to discover a visitor in the coop

Holy crap! Which one of you decided to take care of it? Or did you just walk away? 

Also, duh google drive, that never occurred to me as a way to share photos on here. 

58 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Holy crap! Which one of you decided to take care of it? Or did you just walk away? 

Also, duh google drive, that never occurred to me as a way to share photos on here. 

Oh, most critters fall squarely under the husband's responsibilities.  I screamed and ran (cardio!) like the giant wus that I am.  Totally okay with my reaction. 

Can't just walk away once a critter has located the chicken eggs...too bad, we like snakes. 

I tried to use the album feature of the forum, but it was such a pain in the behind; google drive is much easier for me. 

• Like 7

Im missing out on this so far. I just scrolled through and saw a Matisyahu song who's one of my favorites. Definitely following for the positive music(and lifting of course)!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Climbed into bed.  Oh crap, I forgot to do my push ups.  Did 22 incline push ups off the side of the bed.  Clothing was...let's go with 'casual'.

I challenge @Grizzy!  22 push ups per day for 22 days to raise awareness for US vets who commit suicide.

K. I can't back down from a challenge!

• Like 2

On 7/11/2016 at 6:44 AM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I knew it! I knew that if I was patient, I would have proof that the Doctor was here. Clearly this is Eleven taking a break from saving the universe to do an 80s video.

I adore this song and yet had never seen the video for it. I am so happy you rectified this for me, Emerald!! Best thing ever!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Up a fair amount on the scale.  Likely due to the highly festive weekend that I had.

same. liked for doing nothing with Bruno. Week one is gonna get smashed... in a passive way? Yes. yes indeed. Lets do it. Or not. :P

• Like 1

Scale is also up here. I'm pretty sure yesterday's quarter pounder with cheese and 1,100 mg of salt didn't help. Up about 1.5-2# from Friday. 

Here's to a new week though. :) I'm chugging water as we speak. 

5 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Snake in the coop! What'd you do with it?

To the great snake sanctuary in the sky. 

(Not our first choice, but chickens are prey, so once ANY critter finds them, we have to protect the chickens and the eggs.) 

On 7/17/2016 at 7:37 AM, Dagger said:

Wow, I really like this challenge! Positivity and great music. Who can complain?

Go, Em_Dragon!

Thanks!! No complaining here.  Unless, you know, there ends up being something to complain about.  In which case there will be complaining here.  I guess.  :beguiled:

3 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

same. liked for doing nothing with Bruno. Week one is gonna get smashed... in a passive way? Yes. yes indeed. Lets do it. Or not. :P

Yes, Em_D & RedStone smash!!!

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Scale is also up here. I'm pretty sure yesterday's quarter pounder with cheese and 1,100 mg of salt didn't help. Up about 1.5-2# from Friday. 

Here's to a new week though. :) I'm chugging water as we speak. 

Silly weekends full of salt. 

Today's workout, in pounds:

Squat

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 3 at 185

3 x 3 at 210 (that there's a reps PR)

OHP

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 75

1 x 1 at 95

3 x 1 at 115 PR with 35 pound plates FOR GLORY, @Rookiebeotch, FOR GLORY!

(Um...my form looks terrible from that angle - please don't judge me too harshly - that is very likely my 1RM, it wasn't going up a second time any of the 3 sets - it felt pretty tight, though.)

DL

1 x 5 at 45 RDL

1 x 5 at 135

2 x 5 at 185

1 x 5 at 135

(Form work, mostly.  As @Alanna said, I think my set up is off.  Working on it.)

Here I am, sweaty but proud of my glorious OHP. 

• Like 12