• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Jord

Taddea Zhaan goes JUGGERNAUT

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

That said, if they sell Levi jeans in Australia I do totally recommend them because they were the most comfortable things I've ever put on and basically formed to my body! I want about 10 pairs. They are the Levi 505 straight cut jeans. I recommend them to anyone with some serious quads. 

 

I have heard that the Levi 505 were awesome, however the big problem here is the big price in Aussie. They range from AUD $130-$190 which for most families is not an investment but pure luxury. Rightly so we are considered one of the most expensive countries in the world.......our retail sucks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

I have heard that the Levi 505 were awesome, however the big problem here is the big price in Aussie. They range from AUD $130-$190 which for most families is not an investment but pure luxury. Rightly so we are considered one of the most expensive countries in the world.......our retail sucks!


That is awful! I got mine for $27 which the internet tells me $35 Australian. And that was a splurge for me, but not expensive by American clothing standards. I have had the same and only two pairs of jeans for a couple of years and neither of them fit me correctly. So I let myself spend more than I would like to have. With them being stretchy and slightly small, they fit my body for a long time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

big price in Aussie

 

This makes me think of a joke......

 

Brits shop at home and have goods imported because they live on an island.

Aussies shop at home and have goods imported because they live on an island.

Americans cross the southern border for cheap shopping, gas and liquor in a backwards country.

Canadians cross the southern border for cheap shopping, gas and liquor in a backwards country.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Brits shop at home and have goods imported because they live on an island.

Aussies shop at home and have goods imported because they live on an island.

Americans cross the southern border for cheap shopping, gas and liquor in a backwards country.

Canadians cross the southern border for cheap shopping, gas and liquor in a backwards country.

This sounds insulting to the Americans...but I'm just going to take it as Canada is a silly expensive place.

IdhPWwg.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not inaccurate.  I worked in retail in college in Rochester, NY when they opened a ferry from Toronto Rochester (which went bankrupt in about 3 weeks).  Canadians were pouring across and coming to the mall.  I think at that point the Canadian and US dollars were at parity whereas historically, it had been pretty much where it is now ($0.77 USD = $1.00 CAD).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sam Ashen said:

 

This makes me think of a joke......

 

Brits shop at home and have goods imported because they live on an island.

Aussies shop at home and have goods imported because they live on an island.

Americans cross the southern border for cheap shopping, gas and liquor in a backwards country.

Canadians cross the southern border for cheap shopping, gas and liquor in a backwards country.

 

1 hour ago, ArgSki77 said:

This sounds insulting to the Americans...but I'm just going to take it as Canada is a silly expensive place.

 

 

51 minutes ago, Grymm said:

This is not inaccurate.  I worked in retail in college in Rochester, NY when they opened a ferry from Toronto Rochester (which went bankrupt in about 3 weeks).  Canadians were pouring across and coming to the mall.  I think at that point the Canadian and US dollars were at parity whereas historically, it had been pretty much where it is now ($0.77 USD = $1.00 CAD).

 

My medieval household contains almost more Canadians than it does Americans. When they come over here for weekend events they shop at Costco because it is cheaper here. Not to mention stopping at the duty free store on the border. But on the other hand they also bring me and my American warriors things we can't get in the US, like ketchup flavored potato chips. They also really love maple syrup Whiskey, which I cannot stand. Somehow at campfires a bottle always mysteriously appears. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Taddea Zhaan said:

 

 

 

My medieval household contains almost more Canadians than it does Americans. When they come over here for weekend events they shop at Costco because it is cheaper here. Not to mention stopping at the duty free store on the border. But on the other hand they also bring me and my American warriors things we can't get in the US, like ketchup flavored potato chips. They also really love maple syrup Whiskey, which I cannot stand.

 

They never waste a trip south of the border.  Never.

 

Ketchup flavored potato chips.  Thanks for the reminder!  Yum!  Memories of the stuff getting all over the fingers!

 

Vinegar with the fries.  Gravy with the fries.

 

1 hour ago, ArgSki77 said:

This sounds insulting to the Americans...

 

Sense of humour! :lol:

 

It's called being at the butt end of a joke!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sam Ashen said:

 

They never waste a trip south of the border.  Never.

 

Ketchup flavored potato chips.  Thanks for the reminder!  Yum!  Memories of the stuff getting all over the fingers!

 

Vinegar with the fries.  Gravy with the fries.

 

 

Technically it is west of the border because our events are in southeast Michigan and they come over from Windsor.

 

I do also get over there from time, at least once a year because there is an annual event the SO and I go to. He usually tries to find an excuse to stop for gravy with the fries and I never argue. Never.

 

There is a chance we will go later this year to visit our contingent of household brothers and sisters who are in Nova Scotia. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

 

The best way to eat them!  I didn't know that it was a Canada thing; we get them that way at the beach on the Atlantic Coast. 

 

 

I just assumed Canadian / British Commonwealth because that was one of the first things I noticed when I moved away.

 

Meanwhile, every fast food joint has vinegar for the fries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weight this morning up slightly because of salty salty frozen pizza. I have a very low-salt day planned and brought chicken, sweet potato, and frozen broccoli/cauliflower for lunch. Tonight is squats so I'll be properly fueled up, not bogged down by pizza. ;) I will try to push myself a bit harder than on Wednesday when I slogged through the workout. 

 

I think for the cut I'll weigh in to my challenge on Sundays to keep the weekend accountable. But for reference I was 182.6# this morning, still down 2.4# for the week overall.

 

Over the weekend I need to plan out what I am going to do for lunches next week. I have more cooked chicken I put in the freezer and I also bought pre-cooked turkey meatballs. I just need to make those things into tastier meals. 

 

supplements-for-weight-loss-gif-5.gif?w=

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

 

Over the weekend I need to plan out what I am going to do for lunches next week. I have more cooked chicken I put in the freezer and I also bought pre-cooked turkey meatballs. I just need to make those things into tastier meals. 

 

Carnitas yo.  Giant pork shoulder + onion soup mix + crock pot all day = freaking delicious food for the entire week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

 

Carnitas yo.  Giant pork shoulder + onion soup mix + crock pot all day = freaking delicious food for the entire week.

 

So smart!

 

Also, someone shared this link on FB today and this is a pretty accurate representation of what it was like for me doing those first box jumps last week and I was only jumping like 3-4 inches! https://www.facebook.com/GVSupplements/videos/494225570778509/ The struggle is real. I will make progress though. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Also, someone shared this link on FB today and this is a pretty accurate representation of what it was like for me doing those first box jumps last week and I was only jumping like 3-4 inches! https://www.facebook.com/GVSupplements/videos/494225570778509/ The struggle is real. I will make progress though. 

 

That's exactly what it looked like when I was doing it on stacked plates as well.  I still second guess myself every time I step up to it, especially if i'm already wore out.  There's just something about leaving my feet that is terrifying for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What gets me on box jumps is how does one fail a box jump?  It just seems to me like if your feet don't make it up to the box, you're either going to land on your shins on the edge and fall or just immediately fall.  I hate falling.  Falling sucks.  My shin still feels a little bruised from falling 7 weeks ago.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grymm said:

What gets me on box jumps is how does one fail a box jump?  It just seems to me like if your feet don't make it up to the box, you're either going to land on your shins on the edge and fall or just immediately fall.  I hate falling.  Falling sucks.  My shin still feels a little bruised from falling 7 weeks ago.

 

A few years ago I saw a little two-foot concrete pillar that looked perfect for a one-legged box jump.  I made it just fine on my left leg and missed by the correct amount and scraped my right shin.  It was my first "turned 40 pretending to be 25" injury.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

 

Also, someone shared this link on FB today and this is a pretty accurate representation of what it was like for me doing those first box jumps last week and I was only jumping like 3-4 inches! https://www.facebook.com/GVSupplements/videos/494225570778509/ The struggle is real. I will make progress though. 

 

 

Box Jumps are absolutely in my future; I play to start with like 2 inch "boxes". 

I'm scared of the failure, too.  Not trying to bark a shin or bust a hip. 

I love how they cheered for her when she made it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Grymm said:

What gets me on box jumps is how does one fail a box jump?  It just seems to me like if your feet don't make it up to the box, you're either going to land on your shins on the edge and fall or just immediately fall.  I hate falling.  Falling sucks.  My shin still feels a little bruised from falling 7 weeks ago.

 

I think face planting is probably the biggest fears, though it's much more likely they'll get caught on either the shins or more likely, the palms. Doing long jumps on the floor does something kinda similar without the fear of knocking out teeth...

 

nJR2EbN.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Grymm said:

It just seems to me like if your feet don't make it up to the box, you're either going to land on your shins on the edge and fall or just immediately fall. 

Landing on your shin on a hard edge blows.   I actually did just that in 8th grade PE.  Bruised the hell out of my leg and fell on the floor like a doofus in front of all the cool guys and hot girls in my class.

 

So yeah... That's why I was afraid to fail one. :mellow:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Landing on your shin on a hard edge blows.   I actually did just that in 8th grade PE.  Bruised the hell out of my leg and fell on the floor like a doofus in front of all the cool guys and hot girls in my class.

 

So yeah... That's why I was afraid to fail one. :mellow:

Well sure, everything looks bad if you remember it!! Junior high is nothing but a black hole in my memory :P

But yeah, hits to the shin are no joke, very painful indeed! Probably better than loosing a bunch of teeth but still ;)

Sent from somewhere in the universe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

Landing on your shin on a hard edge blows.   I actually did just that in 8th grade PE.  Bruised the hell out of my leg and fell on the floor like a doofus in front of all the cool guys and hot girls in my class.

 

Did one of the hot girls at least come up to you and ask if you were okay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

 

Did one of the hot girls at least come up to you and ask if you were okay?

No sir.  That's not quite how my junior high experience went. 

 

Thats ok though as I have now managed a 20" box jump and am marrying a hot girl of my own. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

No sir.  That's not quite how my junior high experience went. 

 

Thats ok though as I have now managed a 20" box jump and am marrying a hot girl of my own. ;)

 

So if you do box jumps it all works out in the end, lol. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

No sir.  That's not quite how my junior high experience went.

 

Hmm.  My experience was epic fail = everybody laughs at me.  Somebody asks if I'm okay.  Many years later, I realize she's hawt.

 

10 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

No sir.  That's not quite how my junior high experience went. 

 

Thats ok though as I have now managed a 20" box jump and am marrying a hot girl of my own. ;)

 

9 hours ago, Urgan said:

 

So if you do box jumps it all works out in the end, lol. 

 

9 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Haha, yes.  The moral of the story:  do box jumps and life will be better.

 

9 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Haha, yes.  The moral of the story:  do box jumps and life will be better.

 

Or worse.  Wedding vows are still "for better or for worse."

 

:P  :panda:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.