Deffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 - Deffy vs Angelus : Passion (Def #22)

deftona

Deffy The Vampire Slayer Season 2

Deffy vs Angelus: Deffy Finds the Passion

angelus-thinking-o.gif

"Passion... it lies in all of us. Sleeping, waiting, and though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir, open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us, guides us... passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?"

This challenge will pick up where the last one left off. I successfully defeated The Master but because I set myself so many tasks to do outside of health and exercise I got a low score despite doing ok with the exercise goals because I got addicted to Arkham Knight. I'd like to say I have learned my lesson but I haven't and probably never will so I will have to work around the weird obsessions I get that pop up from time to time, and also learn to live with setting myself lofty goals I have few intentions of meeting

So the challenge will follow the same format as the last - I have a different special opponent every few days and I have a special task I have to complete to beat said opponent. I am not running any special opponents during weeks 3 and 4 because work is about to go seriously crazy and I will have zero time for myself for that fortnight.

The Main Goals

Don't Eat Like A Dickhead

f0698ff8830f44d3a7e5cf6b9b2b7336.jpg

Whenever I calorie count for a long time my diet gets crappier and crappier. I focus on calorie load instead of nutrition and my diet gets filled with stuff I don't want to be eating so I am going to half forget about calories and focus on eating good nutritious foodstuffs and stay the heck away from the chemical shitstorms. This is back to the heady days of 'Don't Eat Like A Dickhead' but with more rules than I used to follow when I first started doing this. I have a list of contraband items ('contras') with portion sizes worked out and I am allowed thirty contras across the challenge. Some examples of contras are: White bread (per slice/bagel half/mini bagel etc), chocolate with stuff in (chocolate without stuff in doesn't really appeal to me so don't eat a lot of it), all cake, fizzy drinks, biscuits and cookies, sweets and anything else that is clearly frankenfoodstuffs masquerading as food. All alcohol is included in this too (except alcohol I cook with) with the exception of red wine. Because give me red wine or give me death.

Move that Body

faith-buffy-dance.gif?w=300&h=225

I want to do 50 kms and get 750 fitness minutes. This has been heavily scaled down to account for those two weeks of being really busy.

Chase the Booty

H6a3Eh.gif

I am done messing around, I want a great ass and I want it now. But I can't have it now so I am going to focus on working on it for this challenge so I can have it soon. I want to do 2,016 standing splits or heel kicks in this challenge period. And to say there are at least eight days when I won't be able to do any exercise at all, that averages out at more than 80 per day. If that doesn't help me achieve my bubble butt goals I should probably give up on them.

Passion

tumblr_m1v9ymXb0g1r6j3ga.gif

That's it. I am not going to set myself any extracurricular goals except my villain battle focus challenges because if last challenge is anything to go by, I set these goals and then laugh in their faces while I sit on my non excellent ass and play video games. But what I am going to do is approach everything in my life with more passion. No formal grading for this, just an attempt to keep it at the forefront of my mind.

The Prize

If I get 85% or above for this challenge, I get this.

6733-heathered_black-z1-t-midnight-socie

Lower that 85% and I get a kick up the arse.

I think that's it. New challenge.... goooooooooooooooooooo! 

• Like 15

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Dear Deftona. 

- I feel you re-learn this lesson every freaking challenge but TAKEAWAYS ARE BAD MMMKAY?

- You don't have to be all or nothing with your eating goals and surely the desirable state is to not be? Where you can go out for a junky meal or have a big dessert and push your calories over and then do well the next meal/day/hour. Practising this skill will be a much better lesson for the future rather than allowing yourself to be de-railed when life happens. (25/7/2016)

• Like 1

Weekly Results

Week One - Graded B - 

Spoiler

I had a lot more contras in the first week than I planned but then we had cause to celebrate and the end of the week so I won't be too harsh on myself for those. I have also decided I still want to pay more attention to the calorie count so I am going to drop my calories to 200 below what I usually aim for and slightly change how the contras are counted - if I go over my new calorie limit by even one, I have to count the contras. If I stay under then the contras don't count regardless of how many of them there are. This seems more challenging and flexible and probably a better method for fat loss anyway. I have 17 contras remaining. 

I didn't get done as much exercise as I planned and considering there will be two weeks where I will have little time this could be a problem so I need to be more serious about it this coming week. I got 10 kms and did 450 booty moves in week one. 

Both of my mini challenges were scored at 100% so I am pleased with that. 

Focus for this week - more exercise, more productivity, and lets be honest, probably the same amount of time being Batman. 

Week Two - Graded A 

Spoiler

I well and truly have my mojo back. Calorie counting feels easy and I am getting a really good deficit every day. I have a problem with or all nothing thinking regarding my diet so I usually stay away from the bad food in case it sends me into a spiral of eating badly but on Saturday I went out for dessert and kept it together the rest of the day. The same for when I went to McDonalds for lunch on Thursday before the lido. And instead of staying away from the bad food it's good to put my self control into practice and I learned some lessons this week regarding this. 

I got 25 KMs done and 1,400 booty moves with a total of 247 fitness minutes. I have two crazy weeks coming up where I won't have much time for exercise but I am going to do my best. The Doodlies challenge this week was based on how many rounds of the Darebee Daily Dare we do and I had never done Daily Dares before but I really like incorporating this into my workout plan so going forward, especially for these next two weeks where I wasn't going to have any mini opponents I think I am going to have some mini goals involving this instead. 

A great week with a recorded weight loss.

Week Three - Graded C

Spoiler

The week has been so busy there was no real time to do anything. Any free time I did have was put towards recuperating so I could get through the rest of the shit and I think my original plan to not set mini challenges for the two weeks of insanity was a better idea than trying and failing to shoehorn this stuff in. I have another week of craziness that I am really really dreading and then normality should follow so it's a case of shovelling the snow until then. 

I got 5 kms this week, 31 fitness minutes and 166 heel kicks to finish those. I ate 7 contras and I have four left for the remainder of the challenge. I recorded victories of 59% and 0% in my mini challenges but with the exception of  yesterday, my eating has been really good. 

For week four, my goal is just to get through it as best as possible because I am seriously dreading it. The Doodlies weekly challenge is to post a food log so that is going to be achievable. 

Foe #1 - The Anointed One (Days 1, 2, 3 and 4) 

250px-AnointedOne.jpg

Aw, look at that cute little hellbeast. 

Since I am going against the Anointed One, my special focus is to anoint myself every day with lotion. Smooth! 

• Like 7

Ah, is this a good time to confess I haven't finished season 1 yet?  

Is it a surprise at all that both of our challenges have been cleaned up a bit and simplified from last challenge?

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

1 minute ago, LadyShello said:

Ah, is this a good time to confess I haven't finished season 1 yet?  

no-no-no-very-bad-man-Babu-Bhatt-seinfel

2 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

Is it a surprise at all that both of our challenges have been cleaned up a bit and simplified from last challenge?

Not even a little bit since we not only have to cope with the Doodlie Hive Mind, we also have to contend with being literally the same person, where the term 'literally' is of course used in the figurative sense. 

• Like 5

Ok,  for just once, I don't have my next challenge ready, and this is the only time that forums were set up on time, grrrrrrrr...

You seem to have prepared a thoughtful challenge, I hope you will end this one with better feelings and better results (but remember results weren't as bad as you thought...).

178948.jpg

• Like 4

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Just now, jmk said:

Happy Lubing!

567266842_992dc49093.jpg

Hahahaha when you put it like that, JMK... lol

14 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Ok,  for just once, I don't have my next challenge ready, and this is the only time that forums were set up on time, grrrrrrrr...

You seem to have prepared a thoughtful challenge, I hope you will end this one with better feelings and better results (but remember results weren't as bad as you thought...).

178948.jpg

You are slacking Lara, what's going on?!

And cheers! 

• Like 1

Hi there :D 

Love the goals, your food goal is similar to mine :)

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

37 minutes ago, deftona said:

You are slacking Lara, what's going on?!

I wanted to do it cool, with badges to win and all... but now... boogieonastickplz.gif

• Like 2

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

1 hour ago, skinNbones said:

Hey Def, can't believe new challenge already.

We're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are. We gotta find our own way.

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

FOLLOWING

Time flies!!! I can't believe it's Monday already!!

Welcome both, it's great to see you again :D Time really does fly doesn't it? Madness. 

52 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

No clue what's going on, but following

That's the spirit ;)

• Like 1

All this talk of nerdiversaries and I realised it was my 3 year nerdiversary just over a week ago. 

Three awesome years with some of the bestest people I have ever not-met in my life! 

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, deftona said:

All this talk of nerdiversaries and I realised it was my 3 year nerdiversary just over a week ago. 

Three awesome years with some of the bestest people I have ever not-met in my life! 

Congratulations!

You've been here officially twice as long as I have :D

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

2 minutes ago, deftona said:

LOL.  I had to go back to see when mine was.  July 23rd 2014 was my first challenge but I found the forum a few weeks before that and waited with baited breathe to start.  So I guess it's really my 2nd nerdversary around the same time.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

3 minutes ago, Terah said:

Congratulations!

You've been here officially twice as long as I have :D

Thank you! And this might be why I am twice as weathered as you are ;) 

1 minute ago, LadyShello said:

LOL.  I had to go back to see when mine was.  July 23rd 2014 was my first challenge but I found the forum a few weeks before that and waited with baited breathe to start.  So I guess it's really my 2nd nerdversary around the same time.  

So Shello and Def were 'born' on the same day too. Makes sense ;)

• Like 3

Following again! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

5 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Following again! 

Hi there :D Great to have you along again NTB :) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jessebel said:

I adore your loot. And your layout. And so many things about this. 

Good luck during the current challenge! I look forward to seeing how things turn out!

Edit: Following

Hello, welcome and thanks! :D 

Day One Write Up

Yesterday wasn't the best start because I was sick. It started Sunday night with just general nausea and then when I went to bed the whole room started spinning like I was drunk but without the fun of drinking and when I woke up on Monday it wasn't all that better. So I took a rest day and stayed in bed because lying down was the only way I felt human. It would have been better to have got a head start on those butt training moves but a day in bed complaining will have to do. I am a terrible patient. 

Food was good. I did have a contra but the rest of what I ate was vegetables, fruit and nuts. I have so much stuff to do over these next two weeks I am really hoping that I am right in thinking I feel better now so I can actually get shit done. I did 'anoint' myself with body lotion and I realised why I don't do it that often. It feels kinda gross, right? All sticky and gloopy... it's a pretty high price to pay for smelling like honey and my skin isn't dry anyway. 

Contras Remaining - 29

Booty Training Remaining - 2,016

KMs Remaining - 50

Fit Mins Remaining - 750

Anointments - 1/4

• Like 6