Basement Cat - Prepare body for ludicrous speed!

Basement Cat

A new challenge! It's time to pick up the pace. My DIY sandals have evolved to their final form, so I am ready to start my journey to running!

This challenge is threefold: the first part is going to focus on running progression, the second part will be about diet and the third part will be about flexibility. I want to increase my running time, lose weight and stop neglecting the stretching. 

Running objectives

9iRzzGzXT.gif

Week 1: 2 minutes running/2 minutes walking

Week 2: 4 minutes running/1 minute walking

Week 3: 6 minutes running/ 1 minute walking

Week 4: 8 minutes running/ 1 minute walking

I will adjust based on how I do. We'll see how it goes.

Diet objectives

tumblr_nolgz3MPI61uulkbto1_500.gif

1- Consume between 1600 and 2000 calories a day.

2- Include a vegetable or fruit in each meal.

3- No alcohol and no potato chips. Diet soda is permitted, but only one can a day.

Flexibility objectives

tumblr_nmq50jefDy1u0cjqco1_400.gif

1- Stretch thoroughly after every run.

2- Do a stretching routine before going to bed.

That's it! Here's to another beating another challenge!

lyzA8h4.png

• Like 2

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Following. :) 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On 11/07/2016 at 5:15 PM, Jessebel said:

Are you basing your running goals on a particular program? I am adoring the Zombies! c25k training program right now and hope to be up to speed by the end of the challenge. 

Thanks for the well wishes! I did use C25K as a basis and adapted to my needs, but this is just a testing phase. I'll see how it goes during the challenge and if I need to dial up or down.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

It's a good thing the challenge isn't officially started, because I have a double whammy: time of the month and a cold. I can breathe fine but my lungs feel a bit 'grimy' if you know what I mean. I also have a sore throat. Hopefully this will have passed by Monday.

No walking today on account of excessive tiredness. I'll walk to work tomorrow. In my super DIY sandals!

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

I walked part of the way, about 5.5 km, then took the bus because the balls of my feet were hurting. It felt like bruising. Weird. My hip feels fine though, and no blisters. Yay!

The air is very humid today, so that was good for my lungs. I got a fair bit of gunk out. Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

When I did a lot of walking and running with my Vibram FiveFingers, I felt the impact on the bottom of my feet for a while, curiously more when walking than running.  I think you will get used to less padding, and your feet will toughen up.  Better a slow start for the long haul than overdo it up front and drop it because of illness or injury. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Friday, July 15th

No walking today on account of lack of sleep due to my cold and the heat (sounds weird when put that way...). But I'll be ready for next Monday! I know the challenge officially starts Sunday, but I only run/walk during the week.

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Those sandals are something. They kinda look like the laces would bite into your feet. Then again, I'm sure they weigh hardly anything.

Good luck with starting running -- are you going to be doing it in those sandals? 

• Like 2

Level 11 Brutish Scoutsassin (That's totally a thing, shut up)

Str: 30 Dex: 26 Sta: 27 Con: 11 Wis: 23 Cha: 18

NerdFitness Trials: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Hellfire Club 4LIFE!

Inspiration comes in many forms. Watch me fumble towards it at Accidentally Inspired.

9 hours ago, Basement Cat said:

Friday, July 15th

No walking today on account of lack of sleep due to my cold and the heat (sounds weird when put that way...). But I'll be ready for next Monday! I know the challenge officially starts Sunday, but I only run/walk during the week.

Rest days count!  They are just as important especially as you have been ill.

• Like 1

Monday July 18th

Ok, so it turns out that trying to run when you are recovering from a cold is a bad idea. I got out of breath really quickly and I felt exhausted after less than 2 km, compared to my last attempt where I was able to run intervals over 7.3 km. So I know it's the cold acting. Oh man, so little effort and I'm sweating a fountain.

I'll try again tomorrow, but instead of going to work that way, I'll stick to running circuits in my neighborhood. 

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.