Jump to content

Ye Olde Ranger Guildhall: General Chat


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

I officially Have To Ask: can anyone here explain me the purple tags on some of the threads? I am experiencing curiosity.

 

Are you referencing the intermittent tags that state things like, "Innkeeper," "Barbarian," "First Challenge," etc?  If so, those are when you add tags to your initial thread post and select one of them to be your thread's prefix.  There's a drop-down menu to select one when you first post the topic.

 

29 minutes ago, Traxex said:

Does a huge camelback full of water count? Water is quite heavy... Sounds like the only kind of rucking appropriate for Texas! Although I guess it does get lighter as you go...

 

I would say it certainly counts as weight.  Generally I start with a set weight I want to be carrying and then add my snacks or food on top of it, but it's personal preference I think.

  • Like 2

 [ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Link to comment

Rangers, Week 1 is upon us. Welcome to the newcomers, and welcome also to those who have come home after being away. 

We are an amazing group, chosen from the world to be Rebels, then chosen from the Rebels to be Rangers. And who, you may ask, did the choosing? We did. We each chose for ourselves to join the Rebellion, and then we chose to join the Rangers. We are the chosen few, but that alone is not guarantee of success. Rather, it is the first step on the path to fitness. For we who are chosen must keep choosing. Fitness is a path with a million choices. Success is the accumulation of the consequences of good choices over time. We the chosen must therefore continue choosing, each day, countless times a day. Choose to work out, choose to eat what is healthy, choose to pass on what is not. Choose to rest when the body needs it, choose to believe the best about ourselves. 

 

You are an amazing person. You have unique gifts and abilities none of the rest of us can duplicate. We need you the same way you need yourself. So I encourage you, when the Empire tries to tell you lies, choose to believe the truth. When your doubts and fears try to bring you down, choose to ignore them. When those around you try to discourage you from doing what's good so they don't feel so bad about choosing what is harmful, choose to forgive them and make the right decision anyway. 

 

Week 1 is coming for us, with schemes and plans to stop us from bettering ourselves. WE WILL NOT YIELD. We will choose to fight, to lift, to run, to stretch, to select the best jetfuel for our crazy ranger-brain driven bodies and seize victory from the jaws of complacency. And if we fall we will scream defiance with our last breath, refusing to choose to give up.

 

We the chosen few will choose to remain on the path.

  • Like 27

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Rangers, Week 1 is upon us. Welcome to the newcomers, and welcome also to those who have come home after being away. 

We are an amazing group, chosen from the world to be Rebels, then chosen from the Rebels to be Rangers. And who, you may ask, did the choosing? We did. We each chose for ourselves to join the Rebellion, and then we chose to join the Rangers. We are the chosen few, but that alone is not guarantee of success. Rather, it is the first step on the path to fitness. For we who are chosen must keep choosing. Fitness is a path with a million choices. Success is the accumulation of the consequences of good choices over time. We the chosen must therefore continue choosing, each day, countless times a day. Choose to work out, choose to eat what is healthy, choose to pass on what is not. Choose to rest when the body needs it, choose to believe the best about ourselves. 

 

You are an amazing person. You have unique gifts and abilities none of the rest of us can duplicate. We need you the same way you need yourself. So I encourage you, when the Empire tries to tell you lies, choose to believe the truth. When your doubts and fears try to bring you down, choose to ignore them. When those around you try to discourage you from doing what's good so they don't feel so bad about choosing what is harmful, choose to forgive them and make the right decision anyway. 

 

Week 1 is coming for us, with schemes and plans to stop us from bettering ourselves. WE WILL NOT YIELD. We will choose to fight, to lift, to run, to stretch, to select the best jetfuel for our crazy ranger-brain driven bodies and seize victory from the jaws of complacency. And if we fall we will scream defiance with our last breath, refusing to choose to give up.

 

We the chosen few will choose to remain on the path.

This. Is. Perfect. Hope you don't mind me making a screenshot of this for inspiration when motivation wanes and the Empire feels stronger than me... :) 

  • Like 5

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

 

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: Rhovaniel looks Inwards, to change Outwards

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26

 

Link to comment

*stumbles in and sighs*

 

Its good to be back.  I got a little lost during the last challenge. But have managed to find my way back.  Another inspiring speech from the resident chaplain, thank you Tank for your words of encouragement. 

 

I will ill not be participating in the challenge,made to work commitments, but wish you all the greatest success in the coming weeks, no matter how big or small your challenge may be, it is still a challenge.  A challenge that can be overcome, beaten, conquered, destroyed and put to bed. We are all, every single person here, a truely remarkable individual with a lot to offer and with the help and support of those around us, can move a little closer to being our ultimate selves on our own hero's journey. 

So go out there, grab life by the horns and enjoy yourselves! 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Success is the accumulation of the consequences of good choices over time.

Nutrition, in a nutshell

 

1 hour ago, ab14aeq said:

This. Is. Perfect. Hope you don't mind me making a screenshot of this for inspiration when motivation wanes and the Empire feels stronger than me... :)

Feel free to look up past challenges as well. Tank has been giving weekly speeches for a while now and even recorded one of them for our listening pleasure!

  • Like 8
Link to comment
59 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

 

Wow, thanks for that... definitely going to look through those past challenges, thanks. Tank, echoing others here but you've a real gift for inspiring others :) 

  • Like 3

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

 

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: Rhovaniel looks Inwards, to change Outwards

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26

 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, KlutzyBallerina said:

Rucking with a Shih Tzu: normal slow walking for a mile followed by putting the dog in her PuppyBjorn and carrying her the rest of the way.

 

This is an excellent idea! Kali will go on adventures the way she likes to: being carried like the princess she is.

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

 

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link to comment

It must be Monday, the Chaplin has spoken the words of benediction and righteous fury. Week one the Rangers are coming. Don't bother running, it only pisses us off and you'll die exhausted. 

  • Like 15

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Link to comment
1 hour ago, ab14aeq said:

Wow, thanks for that... definitely going to look through those past challenges, thanks. Tank, echoing others here but you've a real gift for inspiring others :)

For clarity, the battle speeches are in the Ranger Chat threads from past challenges, not my own challenge threads.

  • Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
37 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

How do you change the avatar picture? I haven't done it since the forum update, and now I can't figure  it out.

 

  1. find the upper right corner drop down menu
  2. click on profile from the menu
  3. look for the big version of your profile picture on the left side, should be near the bottom corner depending on your screen resolution
  4. click the little "image" icon in the lower left corner of the big profile picture
  5. add your new profile photo
  • Like 1

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, everanything said:

Barkeep, a flagon of mead and a med kit, please. I'll be in my usual corner.

 

(Got cut off in traffic and dropped my scooter. V much in pain.)

 

That sounds awful. Hope you recover soon! 

  • Like 1

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Unikarm said:

So how is everybody? 

Doing great making Monday my bitch! Had a great weekend and off to a great start even though I had a bit of trouble getting out of bed this morning. Got in 18 minutes of yoga and 45 minutes of weights/strength training. 

Starting to get some calluses on my hands though so I pulled my gloves back out. I use them in the shop when building/ moving wood so not sure why I haven't been using them for lifting. 

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Aprilhtx said:

Starting to get some callouses on my hands though so I pulled my gloves back out

 

Gloves won't prevent calluses. They will, however, make it harder to get a good grip on the bar. (which, honestly, can lead to *more* calluses). 

 

Calluses aren't a bad thing. Lots of us ladies around here wear them proudly. You can also scrub them lightly with a pumice stone (like for your feet) and use moisturizer :) 

 

  • Like 4

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Traxex said:

 

Gloves won't prevent calluses. They will, however, make it harder to get a good grip on the bar. (which, honestly, can lead to *more* calluses). 

 

Calluses aren't a bad thing. Lots of us ladies around here wear them proudly. You can also scrub them lightly with a pumice stone (like for your feet) and use moisturizer :) 

 

The calluses themselves are not the problem. It's the fact that I am getting broken skin on top of them :( need to use more lotion. I have to use the gloves in the shop or I can't grip the heavier tables. For lifting I haven't been using them until the broken skin. I will go back to not using them once I get that healed a bit better. Thanks for the pumice stone idea! I need to get one. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines