• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ixaera

ixaera steals the Thief's Testimony~

c5nD9CT.png

totally not my fault...

Welcome to my FFXI challenge, which will be full of my ten year old screenshots! The challenge you never knew you wanted is here!

I liked simple. Simple is good.

Inventory Culling

Cutting for real this time, yep.

I am actually gaining weight kind of rapidly here. Oops. At least I have a really good feel for my current TDEE, which should help with a cut.

Scoring: I have a calorie range and this is pass or fail via weekly average.

Grinding Skill Points

I've swapped to 5/3/1. (Boring But Big assistance template) Today was the first day. Adding Sunday to the rotation.

Scoring: All 4 sessions in a week = A, 3 = B, 2 = C

Meat Mithkabobs

Protein intake. I'm still so dismal at this by default. Extra challenging due to cut.

Aiming for 100g+ daily.

Scoring: 6/7 days hitting target = A, 5 = B, 4 = C

Mithra Stretchcat

Mobility stuff. I still need some motivation here too.

Stepping this up. 15+ minutes per day. Can be self-guided stretches and rolling, a yoga video, whatever.

Scoring: 6/7 = A, 5 = B, 4 = C

Random Sidequest

Adulting point system. Good things earn points, with which I can buy variances. Positive points = good. Negative points = bad. Variances include stuff like buying small non-essential things, cookies, a cheat meal, extra time to play video games or read, etc, so long as it does not otherwise interfere with challenge goals. (I.e., eating an enormous cookie that puts the cut or protein target in jeopardy for the day = not really an option)

Scoring: Keeping track in daily update.

Starting measurements - +/- judged from a pretty bloaty 6/6/16. Red doesn't mean bad. For example, I was 'mirin' that bigger chest while doing dumbbell presses today because hoo boy I have been putting some muscle into my pecs! Some teensy recomp has happened in addition to the slow bulk. It's unusual for my thighs to track down when my waist at the navel tracks up. I'm chalking it up to putting some light muscle on my core and changing the dynamic a little bit around the middle.

Now with Ending measurements, start on left, end on right, comments below because I has them

7/18/16 - 8/16/16

weight: 107 lbs | 107.8 lbs +.8 lbs

waist: 26" | 25.5" -.5"

waist at navel: 30" | 28.75" -1.25"

hips: 35" | 34.5" -.5"

bootay: 36" | 36" -0"

r. thigh: 20.25" | 20" -.25"

l. thigh: 20.25" | 20" -.25"

r. calf: 12" | 12.25" +.25"

l. calf: 12.5" | 12.3" -.2"

r. bicep: 10.5" | 10.75" +.25"

l. bicep: 10.25" | 10.25" +0

chest: 31" | 31.5" +.5"

bust: 32.5" | 32.75" +.25"

First, it's important to mention that the first weight was after a week of cutting down from a high weight of nearly 110 lbs. So that was my "fasted" weight and measurements. The second measurements were after a semi-successful cut and some beer and ice cream bloat, so definitely some excess water weight and food weight going on there. My typical scale weight near the beginning was actually more like 107-108, and I've been hitting the low 105's more consistently at the end of this challenge. Just for reference. I didn't actually gain a pound here, is what I'm saying.

I think it's interesting that in spite of the similarities in weight, the actual measurement changes were positive all the way across the board. I gained measurements where I wanted, lost where I wanted. \o/  I feel like recomp is represented here.

I also think maybe I should swap to DB curls cuz that right bicep is getting weirdly bigger. :S

• Like 7

Maaan I know a lot of peeps that played the heck out of FFXI!  I heard stories of lots of partying up and grinding for stuff.  That one was before my journey into MMO's, I think.

Simple IS good!

• Like 1

Whenever I try to up my protein while cutting calories hard, the majority of my breakfasts become "protein powder blended in water" and dinners become primarily "slab of 8-10oz of meat prepared in some grilling-like fashion atop whatever I can justify by that point in the day". It's super easy to count calories that way, but it gets really hard to make not boring foods after the first week or so.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grizzy said:

Whenever I try to up my protein while cutting calories hard, the majority of my breakfasts become "protein powder blended in water" and dinners become primarily "slab of 8-10oz of meat prepared in some grilling-like fashion atop whatever I can justify by that point in the day". It's super easy to count calories that way, but it gets really hard to make not boring foods after the first week or so.

Absolutely. Having food on point is a really important part of success here. I can't just be throwing cookies down my gullet like I often do to meet calories. I have a protein powder I enjoy okay (as in, I don't hate it at least, but I would if I were eating it daily), and my normal go to is cottage cheese. I have tons of cans of tuna and such to mix in there for another low cal boost, too. but yeah, it's gonna get old, wah

If I can keep up with making my own food, it's usually less of a problem! Chilis, stews, and shredded meat dishes for the win~

• Like 2

Just now, ixaera said:

Absolutely. Having food on point is a really important part of success here. I can't just be throwing cookies down my gullet like I often do to meet calories. I have a protein powder I enjoy okay (as in, I don't hate it at least, but I would if I were eating it daily), and my normal go to is cottage cheese. I have tons of cans of tuna and such to mix in there for another low cal boost, too. but yeah, it's gonna get old, wah

If I can keep up with making my own food, it's usually less of a problem! Chilis, stews, and shredded meat dishes for the win~

I should pick up more cottage cheese. I don't mind it and it would be nice when I get bored of protein shakes. Also goes pretty well alongside most chicken dishes.

I recommend plain greek or normal yogurt mixed with the Optimum Nutrition banana cream flavor whey protein. It ends up tasting kind of like Vanilla pudding with a hint of banana and it blends in really smoothly. Awesome for either a high-protein breakfast or dessert substitute. For some reason this method does not work well with the chocolate flavor, as that powder is a little grittier. I would try other mixtures but I still have a total of like 5 lbs of chocolate and banana and can't really justify getting another several pounds of protein powder...

I would love to see what you cook for inspiration! I have my full week up through thursday of high-protein dinners planned out.

Yesterday- burgers.

Today- chicken parm, but on top of veggies for me instead of pasta.

Tomorrow- beef stroganoff, again with veggies for me. Oh, I bet this would go well with shredded cabbage.

Wednesday- Chicken with herbs and squash

Thursday- Salmon with honey asian glaze (NF recipe)

I may post pics, recipes and calorie/protein counts in Shit Warriors Eat, but I have never ever gotten a like or a response or anything posting there, so I feel like I'm doin it wrong. Might just go in my challenge thread.

24 minutes ago, Grizzy said:

The struggle is real.

Just now, Grizzy said:

Wait, are the eggs canned?

Lol, I have seen them in bags in the ready-made section but have never been that lazy~ I boils 'em three at a time, usually. Fresh and warm are crucial to palatability. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Lol, I have seen them in bags in the ready-made section but have never been that lazy~ I boils 'em three at a time, usually. Fresh and warm are crucial to palatability. 

I enjoy a hard boiled egg, but I tend to get super fresh (farm fresh) eggs and peeling those bitches is awful :( 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I enjoy a hard boiled egg, but I tend to get super fresh (farm fresh) eggs and peeling those bitches is awful :( 

Have you considered a softish-boiled egg? A hot start boil results in less egg left behind with the shell, I find--I get the water boiling, then drop 'em in for 9-10 minutes. 8 gives a good bit of moisture on the inside, >10 is hard boil. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Urgan said:

Have you considered a softish-boiled egg? A hot start boil results in less egg left behind with the shell, I find--I get the water boiling, then drop 'em in for 9-10 minutes. 8 gives a good bit of moisture on the inside, >10 is hard boil. 

I'll give it a shot! 

23 minutes ago, Grizzy said:

Tomorrow- beef stroganoff, again with veggies for me. Oh, I bet this would go well with shredded cabbage.

Eyes opened! I usually do chicken stroganoff, but have never considered cabbage instead of pasta. What a good idea!

A thing I sometimes do with my powder (especially in the hot summer) is frozen banana + powder + almond milk

Ends up being a frozen banana-like thing that I think takes a lot of the weird out of just powder and milk or water.

Just now, ixaera said:

I'll give it a shot! 

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention. You may already know this, but a cold egg + hot water = POP goes the shell. Cold rubbery bits are not fun eats. You might wanna get them to room temperature before dropping them in. 

• Like 1

I keep chickens, so eggs are an almost daily staple for me (agreed that they are hard to shell hard boiled, though).  I prefer omelettes, though.  Easy, peasy, and you can toss whatever veg you have in it to A.) make it bigger if you are hungry and B.) get some veg in.  I also add cheese, but probably shouldn't when trying to cut.  Meh. 

Completely lost with your theme, but here anyway!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I keep chickens, so eggs are an almost daily staple for me (agreed that they are hard to shell hard boiled, though).  I prefer omelettes, though.  Easy, peasy, and you can toss whatever veg you have in it to A.) make it bigger if you are hungry and B.) get some veg in.  I also add cheese, but probably shouldn't when trying to cut.  Meh. 

Completely lost with your theme, but here anyway!

A pretty normal work breakfast for me is a microwave scramble, which is pretty much the same thing! I use laughing cow cheese with it, since it's not super caloric and still adds good flavor.

And yeah, I'm going a little bit off the rails with my theme here, but! I have stories for most of my screenshots!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Urgan said:

And who doesn't love a good story that ends in faceplants in the snow? 

INDEED.

That time, my usual exp party decided to go do a rank up mission together. Our target was Castle Zvahl, in Xarcabard, which was a LITTLE too high level for us at the time, so we were sneak/invis-ing across the snowy terrain. Unfortunately, an ice elemental aggroed one of the sneak/invis casts, and we handled that okay except low health makes those bogey ghost things angry at you, and we couldn't take two at the same time. Not pictured are the other 5 of us sprawled in the snow (some of us tried to run, always unwise in a game where the mobs trail you all the way to zone).

PS in this game, death meant experience loss, so it was Kind Of A Big Deal to die, especially if you couldn't get a Raise II to get back some of the exp you lost. IIRC our white mage made the trip back alone to raise us. So kind.

At the end of the day, we did manage to complete the rank up mission, at least!

• Like 3

Found you on MFP! Here for all the goodness, particularly fudz support, imma having one of those months too :P Let's kill it! :D 

uruJklF.jpg

the first time I fought Shiva Prime, it was with a full party...

I have no screenshots of the time I thief-tanked her with a black mage, just a two-person party. :( Note: When the level cap was still 75, and we weren't yet!

Week 0, Day 1

Inventory Culling

Calorie goal okay.

(PS, if you JUST started following my MFP you might clutch your pearls, so here's a rare reminder that I'm 4'11" and tied to a desk at home and at work--lifting and whatever cardio gym buddy pulls me into is literally about all I get. Plus, I have 1.5 years of data backing up my calorie targets. I'm also hypothyroid, which plays a role part of the time, whenever my levels decide to go off the range.)

Grinding Skill Points

OHP Day!

Barbell Standing OHP

2x5 40 lbs

1x7 46 lbs

Seated Dumbbell Press

5x20 20 lbs

Chin-Ups (LOL)

3x4 half chin-ups

1x3 half chin-ups

1x7 band-assisted chin-ups

Easy day. Expected because of starting a new program that encourages light starts. Was definitely feeling the week off anyway, though. Can't rack the bars that are pre-weighted, and the rack was occupied for the 3rd set, so I (sigh) cleaned them to get them in position. Not ideal. Wanted to video, but nowhere to put my phone. For some reason 10 am on a freakin' weekday was prime time. I went later because gym buddy wanted to sleep more, and I could use the sleep after vacation myself. Back to work tomorrow.

Meat Mithkabobs

118g today, pass! :D

Many proteins got by way of sushi~

Mithra Stretchcat

Adequate amount. Pass today.

Random Sidequest

Earned myself 9 points with various adulting today. Spent none. 

• Like 2