• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ixaera

ixaera steals the Thief's Testimony~

19 hours ago, Grizzy said:

Wait, are the eggs canned?

19 hours ago, Urgan said:

Lol, I have seen them in bags in the ready-made section but have never been that lazy~ I boils 'em three at a time, usually. Fresh and warm are crucial to palatability. 

People up here in Wisconsin LOOOOOOVE pickled eggs.

• Like 1

ulRU0uU.jpg?1

Here's actual evidence of said duoing primals! Garuda was a little tougher because she has an AOE wind attack that stripped my shadows occasionally. Sometimes we would bring along people who needed the fight for Summoner, but some people weirdly insisted on trying to help, which actually disturbed the delicate aggro balance we'd mastered, resulting in death for everyone. Damn paladins!

Week 0, Day 2!

Inventory Culling

So far averaging out within range, go me! Day 2 of cut is my tummy like "um, excuse me, but where is daily cookie??????"

"we are saving it for weekly cookie, Tumtums"

"oh that's lame. I can't WAIT for eggs can it be morning now?"

Grinding Skill Points

Some light cardio near a pokestop >.>

Caught me some pokemons

Deadlift day is tomorrow. My 5x10 BBB accessory is 65 lb deadlifts, I'm gonna feel so lame. And then probably tired, because it says 40-50% for a reason.

Meat Mithkabobs

135g protein

I'm making it look easy but I choked down a crappy protein bar called FitCrunch, birthday cake flavor, as a snack. I got it from a gas station. Never again. Nope. Ew.

Mithra Stretchcat

Oop forgot

Random Sidequest

7 points today, still haven't spent any. Should give writing more points so I'll do it :P

Today my points came from not drinking any soda and doing a workout \o/

It turns out I'm a BIT of a point hoarder, so I've actually not bought anything, eaten total empty calorie crap, or even played video games. By the time I feel comfortable spending points, I'll be sitting on a pile of them, I guess.

Hurray for it doing something positive???

I should probably make TV cost something. I totally didn't think that would be a thing, not a big TV gal, but... that's happening. I can compensate with writing giving more and possibly stretching giving a couple too.

Edited by ixaera
too sleepy to do basic things
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I was tricked! 65 lb 5x10 deadlifts is CARDIO!

I feel the same about heavy squats!  TRICKERY

Also Garuda is a PITA~

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

I feel the same about heavy squats!  TRICKERY

Also Garuda is a PITA~

Yesssssssssssssss. Heavy squats make my heart go whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat also

1 minute ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I am studying your challenge like it is a grad class, because I am starting 5/3/1 next challenge. 

You did it, though, yeah? 

Rock on!!!

I like 5/3/1! the 5x10 is specific to the Boring But Big assistance template, so if you pick up another one you might not see the same things! I am liking it so far. Less relying on hoping other equipment is open after I'm done, because I'm on one thing for most of it. After I run this one out of PRs (a couple of months from now likely) I might try one of the two other templates that appealed to me, too. The Periodization one kinda lets you just pick from a list, and I like that kind of flexibility.

ANYWAY. I am looking forward to how the progression feels. Right now it's still so light for the actual 5/3/1 bit that I have no opinion. Well, honestly, my set of 121.5 lb x 7 reps deadlifts felt pretty hard, but I am blaming the cut and the cat meowing all night for that. 

• Like 2

I'm seriously considering doing the I'm Not Doing Jack Shit template next challenge, since I'm wanting to try a bunch of other activities in addition to lifting. That and I'm lazy.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Grizzy said:

I'm seriously considering doing the I'm Not Doing Jack Shit template next challenge, since I'm wanting to try a bunch of other activities in addition to lifting. That and I'm lazy.

Yes! I would probably go this route too if I wasn't mostly just sitting on my butt besides lifting :) Seems like a great pair with existing other activity!

5 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Yes! I would probably go this route too if I wasn't mostly just sitting on my butt besides lifting :) Seems like a great pair with existing other activity!

It also makes a great misleading challenge title! "Grizzy isn't doing jack shit" (but is actually doing lifting and yoga and skateboarding and rock climbing and biking and sprinting and walking and...)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Grizzy said:

It also makes a great misleading challenge title! "Grizzy isn't doing jack shit" (but is actually doing lifting and yoga and skateboarding and rock climbing and biking and sprinting and walking and...)

Sounds like my current challenge. ;) 

• Like 2

Following along! 

One of my goals this next challenge is to increase my protein as well. I'm jonesy516 on MFP and I added you. :) 

• Like 2

rZ7Xprq.png?1

I just liked that this outfit matched. So rare that outfits did if you were going for stats in this game... Also, can't remember why the heck I was leveling RNG. Had to have been for some subjob.

Week 0, Day 3

Inventory Culling

Calories in range.

CHICKEN TACOS. WITH CHEESE. :D

Grinding Skill Points

Deadlift Day!

Deadlifts

1x5 93 lbs

1x5 107 lbs

1x7 121.5 lbs

5x10 65 lbs

Hanging Knee Raises

1x13

1x12

3x10

Dumbbell Bicep Curls

5x10 20 lbs (10 lb each hand)

NOT an easy day. Partly (probably) due to cut, partly due to my cat screaming at me from 3 am on (for no reason I could figure out to cure). Felt like a jerk b/c I had to hog the power rack as all the other doable deadlift bars were in use, but then weren't at some point, but it was too much effort to move/use another bar. Worked from home, so did the knee raises there (since no reachable bar at gym). Tacked on curls b/c I felt like it.

Meat Mithkabobs

107g today, not bad. Had to work for it, though. Out came the protein shake.

Mithra Stretchcat

20 min of rolling and stretching lower body.

Random Sidequest

Earned 15 points today, spent 5. Still testing the points balance. I have enough points for my most expensive point-reward things, but neither of those are in the cards right this moment due to $$ or cut goals, so I spent a few on an episode of Shannara with my guy.

What a productive day, too.

• Like 5

I am intrigued by your points system (along with everything else in your challenge of course). I use habitica for to-do lists and daily to-dos and I really need to start setting up some out of game rewards to spend my in-game gold on. I also friended you on MFP, I need moar protein (and less sugar, but that's another issue, damn those s'more Oreos!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suzaqu said:

I use habitica for to-do lists and daily to-dos and I really need to start setting up some out of game rewards to spend my in-game gold on.

I had a hard time using Habitica regularly and almost just used it instead of points, but I just wanted more control over things, and no equipment or other stuff for it.

Speaking of my points system, I discovered I need to up the cost of buying random stuff, cuz who has two thumbs and bought $90 in clothes today? sigh oops

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I had a hard time using Habitica regularly and almost just used it instead of points, but I just wanted more control over things, and no equipment or other stuff for it.

Speaking of my points system, I discovered I need to up the cost of buying random stuff, cuz who has two thumbs and bought $90 in clothes today? sigh oops

Yeah, I've been using it for motivation while I don't have a job, but I think it will need to be revisited next month. Currently I have all the equipment I need and I'm primarily using my money to check off undone daily tasks (a self created reward) which probably isn't the best use. I definitely need to up the value of that one and figure out some good other rewards, or just make my own system.

Were they useful clothes purchases at least? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Suzaqu said:

Yeah, I've been using it for motivation while I don't have a job, but I think it will need to be revisited next month. Currently I have all the equipment I need and I'm primarily using my money to check off undone daily tasks (a self created reward) which probably isn't the best use. I definitely need to up the value of that one and figure out some good other rewards, or just make my own system.

Were they useful clothes purchases at least? 

I just bumped point costs of all monetary non-essential purchases. Hopefully that keeps me more in check. The plus side is, getting a couple points for any adulting is really pretty motivating and I'm doing a lot!

I bought a pair of workout shorts which I've really been wanting for home. My house is warm in summer and I own no workout shorts, just lounging shorts, which are not very good for bopping around. I also got a workout tank (I only had one or two, so it wasn't super necessary but! tank!) and matching capri workout pants that I really didn't need but are super cute. Also, a long sleeve shoulder cut out tunic (for winter, it was on sale for like $14 since it's out of season), a raglan style shirt with a big Texas shape on it in colorful stripes, and a green and burgundy stripey tye-dyed dress/tunic thing.

Just think, if I didn't buy these I could have put $90 toward a new PC. Oh well, I know I'll enjoy the clothes when they get here.

• Like 4

wiihcCs.jpg?1

this one time I solo'ed Bloodtear Baldurf. this is no longer a feat of any kind. but it totally was when I did it! two parties of people stood around me hoping I would die so they could claim it from me.

Week 0, Day 4

Inventory Culling

Calories in range.

MOAR TACOS

Grinding Skill Points

Did some easy cardio with gym buddy.

Meat Mithkabobs

110g today, no problem. The tuna, cottage cheese, and broccoli lunch is very helpful for this.

Mithra Stretchcat

nope

Random Sidequest

Earned 13 points today thanks to total lack of diet soda (it's easier on days I go into the office). Random adulting, too, and stuff. Spent 15 points, but the same activity in the future (buying 90 bucks worth of clothes) now costs 25 points. Hopefully that discourages more frequent spending.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

I just bumped point costs of all monetary non-essential purchases. Hopefully that keeps me more in check. The plus side is, getting a couple points for any adulting is really pretty motivating and I'm doing a lot!

I bought a pair of workout shorts which I've really been wanting for home. My house is warm in summer and I own no workout shorts, just lounging shorts, which are not very good for bopping around. I also got a workout tank (I only had one or two, so it wasn't super necessary but! tank!) and matching capri workout pants that I really didn't need but are super cute. Also, a long sleeve shoulder cut out tunic (for winter, it was on sale for like $14 since it's out of season), a raglan style shirt with a big Texas shape on it in colorful stripes, and a green and burgundy stripey tye-dyed dress/tunic thing.

Just think, if I didn't buy these I could have put $90 toward a new PC. Oh well, I know I'll enjoy the clothes when they get here.

Yay for adult motivation! Why is it so hard?

I was just moaning on my thread about how I have no workout shorts, so I feel you there. Also I really want one of these tanks, probably the suns out guns out one. It looks like you got a lot for your money, $90 for all of that sounds like awesome sales!  I wouldn't feel bad, if it's stuff you needed/wanted, it will get good use. Twas a good way to figure out your reward system balancing and get some motivation as you are getting started. Are you doing a dollar to points ratio or is it a certain number of points per item (eg 20 points for a shirt no matter how expensive)? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suzaqu said:

Also I really want one of these tanks, probably the suns out guns out one.

omigosh I love that tank too lol!

I'll have to remember that next time I feel like I can justify a new workout tank~

1 hour ago, Suzaqu said:

Are you doing a dollar to points ratio or is it a certain number of points per item (eg 20 points for a shirt no matter how expensive)?

Been chewing on this actually. I had a scale of $ ranges attached to points, like 0-25 = 10 points, and so on. But I'm finding it a bit too easy to rack up 10 points and then not spend it on gaming or TV, so, I bumped it to 20 for now. Which I thought at the time is pretty close to a $ = point ratio. So it's a good idea! And more scalable and less incentive to buy like $90 worth of things so I don't bust into the $101 scale >.>

And yeah, it was zulily's fault. I know better than to click those emails! Their darn sales are so tempting and I have gotten a good amount of nice things from there ><;

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ixaera said:

omigosh I love that tank too lol!

I'll have to remember that next time I feel like I can justify a new workout tank~

Been chewing on this actually. I had a scale of $ ranges attached to points, like 0-25 = 10 points, and so on. But I'm finding it a bit too easy to rack up 10 points and then not spend it on gaming or TV, so, I bumped it to 20 for now. Which I thought at the time is pretty close to a $ = point ratio. So it's a good idea! And more scalable and less incentive to buy like $90 worth of things so I don't bust into the $101 scale >.>

And yeah, it was zulily's fault. I know better than to click those emails! Their darn sales are so tempting and I have gotten a good amount of nice things from there ><;

I swear, since I switched from primarily cardio to strength stuff, I've been all about the sleeveless. Sun's Out Guns out is basically my summer motto, unironically and unashamedly even. 

I refuse to look at zulily, because I know it would be bad for me. I like the range idea, just to allow for some flexibility in purchases, but still gives you good spending limits.

• Like 1

Ji4s6ha.png

itsa me!

Week 0, Day 5

Inventory Culling

Uhhhh no

Not catastrophic or anything. Average is still more than acceptable with the activity I've been doing.

Grinding Skill Points

Bench Press Day!

Barbell Bench Press

1x5 45 lbs <-- warm up

1x5 45.5 lbs <-- super duper exact because why not I have microplates

1x5 52.5 lbs

1x10 59.5 lbs

Pretty surprised I lasted 10 reps, but happy about it.

Dumbbell Bench Press

5x10 30 lbs (15 each hand)

Learned a lot about stabilization!

Dumbbell Row

5x10 15 lbs (each side)

Left shoulder is not a fan for some reason. Lots of burny sensations over there. Right shoulder was like, hey, can we bump the weight?

Dumbbell accessories might be good for evening me out it seems.

Dumbbell Walking Lunges

2x10 30 lbs (15 lbs per hand, each side)

1x8 30 lbs

got bored and my left hamstring was angry. Gave it a break.

Did minor cardio too, because I knew I wanted wine tonight.

Meat Mithkabobs

129g lol

Mithra Stretchcat

yep

My pecs are already like whoa

Random Sidequest

Earned 10, spent 20. 2 hours of FFXIV, 1 (larger than probably points intended) glass of wine

Going so strong week 0 I might allow a replacement grade for one of the other 4 weeks if I don't do so well later in the challenge. Seems only fair since I JUST came off of a vacation, anyway.

• Like 5

I forgot about this yesterday due to shenanigans but

@~RedStone~ challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,qwerty battledawgs.org

Day 1 I challenge @Cataleya

‪#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it.

I have completed Day 1~

Also, if for any reason you don't want to get challenged OR maybe you do and want to do this but haven't been tagged yet, feel free to PM me judgement-free and I will make a note not to challenge you. I apologize, but I might totally accidentally challenge people who've already been tagged elsewhere--if I do that to you, just handle it however you want. Do double, count your existing as completion, whatevs.

I think I deserve a point every day I complete~
  • Like 2