Inventory Culling

Still good~

Grinding Skill Points

More easy cardio. 22 pushups ofc

Meat Mithkabobs

95g protein

close enough? probably

Mithra Stretchcat

Did this. Mostly feet, hamstrings, and glutes.

Random Sidequest

Here's where my points shined. I really felt the loss of the points I used to buy the stuff. I didn't really have enough to play games or TV as long as I wanted so I actually spent a lot of today point-gathering. Ended the day with a net gain of 1 point, since I used most of them to TV and video game, and keep a few for tomorrow's fun. I'll still need to spend time point-gathering tomorrow to support it, too. Stuff gets done this way :P

• Like 7

I just spent 10 points on some sour gummy worms and now I'm eyeing my remaining 11 points like "there's way more than 2 hours left in the day, I can't possibly game on that"

Guess it's time to clean house lol

• Like 3

HPS8tG2.png

Full THF AF outfit, hanging out with my house moogle, my best bud

Week 0, Day 7 & Week 0 Summary!

Inventory Culling

Still on target. Did bump my goal mid-week because the gym I like to use after work is a pokestop, so my TDEE is higher than normal.

Grinding Skill Points

Squat DAY

Oh boy. I think of all 4 lifts, deadlifts wipe me out the most, but squats are the hardest in the moment.

Barbell Low-bar Squats

1x5 45 lbs

1x5 82.5 lbs

1x5 95 lbs

1x5 108 lbs

This was supposed to be a balls out last set but boy-o my balls were out just to nail the 5th rep. I blame cut + squats being the toughest for me overall.

5x10 55 lbs

WOW CARDIO. Also, color me insecure. I was feeling very self-conscious about squatting THAT light of a weight, plus it actually being a real workout b/c 10 reps.

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts

5x10 50 lbs

You might be saying "what's this? doesn't BBB call for leg curls after squats?" Why, yes! It does! HOWEVER, I learned today that I am not just too short for the leg curl machine, but WAY too short for it. I'd estimate you need to be 5'5" to ride that ride. I had it set on the lowest setting everywhere, and I was still on the edge and struggling to keep the ankle pad under my feet. Gave up. This is my alt. hamstring exercise. It was also way too easy, so 60 lbs next time.

Might add lunges to this. I like quads! Might also not.

22 pushups! I did them!

~RedStone~ challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,qwerty battledawgs.org

Day 2 I challenge @shaarawy!

‪#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it.

If for any reason you don't want to get challenged OR maybe you do and want to do this but haven't been tagged yet, feel free to PM me judgement-free and I will make a note not to challenge you. I apologize, but I might totally accidentally challenge people who've already been tagged elsewhere--if I do that to you, just handle it however you want. Do double, count your existing as completion, whatevs.

Meat Mithkabobs

118g protein

My better half grilled us up steaks, YAY

also I ate some alligator

Mithra Stretchcat

Oh shoot, better do this now! OK done.

Random Sidequest

Another shiny day for points. I cleaned a lot to earn 2 hours of game time and 1 hour of Shannara watching. (I also spent some on delicious sugary candy.) I'm sitting at 16 remaining before bed

WEEK 0 SUMMARY!

Inventory Culling

Avg: 1433 <-- A

Grinding Skill Points

4/4 complete <-- A

Meat Mithkabobs

6/7, if I don't count the 95g day. Don't need to count it anyway for an A

Mithra Stretchcat

5/7 <-- B

Random Sidequest

In the green with this, and it seems to be doing its job so far. Going to run with it.

Strong start for me, going to try to keep it going all challenge and make it to the next zero week before I need another challenge deload. Still, this isn't an official graded week, so if it turns out I start to flail one week, I'm going to use this as "extra credit" by way of a makeup grade.

kitty_cat_dance_2_by_ffxi_artico.gif

• Like 5

OHP video!

Crap angle, I work with what I got I guess. MUCH less noodle body (still too much tho)

I have worked on my grip, but recently after trying hook grip on deadlifts I discovered the main disadvantage of small hands. (One is that I can't hook grip, because they aren't long enough to grab my thumb securely. Another is, well, OHP grip.)

• Like 6

I feel you on being self-conscious about low weights. My new program has me starting this week on sets of 10 and I already know I'm going to be self conscious squatting such low weights. But hey, just being a woman doing barbell people will probably impressed, so we should give ourselves some slack. ;) I guess it depends on your gym though. If I go before work I'm like the only woman in the weights area. In the evening there will be 1-3 other women. This is what I'm telling myself to get through this month of low weights and high reps. 

• Like 1

I live in a pretty populated area, so the commercial gyms see a LOT of women on the barbells. (well, comparatively.) I go to a rec center though, and usually I'm the only one. I've seen others from time to time, but it's pretty rare. As a result, I've gotten a couple of comments from older men. Nothing creepy, just saying hay it's nice to see a woman who isn't afraid of it, or whatever. Still, probably a comment I wouldn't expect to get at a full gym?

• Like 1

You're getting there with OHP, just need a little more thrust with the hips. If you keep your feet firmly planted, quads engaged, the thrust will feel like a small quad stretch. That's where the rebound comes from.

54 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I live in a pretty populated area, so the commercial gyms see a LOT of women on the barbells. (well, comparatively.) I go to a rec center though, and usually I'm the only one. I've seen others from time to time, but it's pretty rare. As a result, I've gotten a couple of comments from older men. Nothing creepy, just saying hay it's nice to see a woman who isn't afraid of it, or whatever. Still, probably a comment I wouldn't expect to get at a full gym?

Actually they'll come up to you just about anywhere, lol. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Urgan said:

You're getting there with OHP, just need a little more thrust with the hips. If you keep your feet firmly planted, quads engaged, the thrust will feel like a small quad stretch. That's where the rebound comes from.

Actually they'll come up to you just about anywhere, lol. 

Yeah watching the video I was surprised that there was still noodling at all. I felt like I was so still for once! lol 

practice practice

My spoilers is that my 90% training max triple today (48.5 lbs) I cranked out 6 reps woo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ixaera said:

Yeah watching the video I was surprised that there was still noodling at all. I felt like I was so still for once! lol 

practice practice

I think this is only still an issue because you have to create the space for the bar to travel somehow and I'm not sure whether you're not thrusting or if you're just thinking about it too much so it's slow and you lose the tight springy effect of the stretch reflex. Try practicing the movement with an umbrella in hand so that weight is not a factor in learning the movement pattern. (Seriously, that's what I did while confused about what to do.) Thrust the hips > quad stretch by keeping those knees frozen in place > pop the bar overhead. You'll find that your head will naturally move back out of the way as your hips come forward without you having to concern yourself with the distinct possibility of the "pop" being delivered to your nose or chin, lol. This will happen because your back is braced via Valsalva and does not hyperextend to lever the weight up because you like your back too much to allow it to do that~ 

13 minutes ago, ixaera said:

My spoilers is that my 90% training max triple today (48.5 lbs) I cranked out 6 reps woo

Rawr. 

15 hours ago, ixaera said:

You might be saying "what's this? doesn't BBB call for leg curls after squats?" Why, yes! It does! HOWEVER, I learned today that I am not just too short for the leg curl machine, but WAY too short for it. I'd estimate you need to be 5'5" to ride that ride. I had it set on the lowest setting everywhere, and I was still on the edge and struggling to keep the ankle pad under my feet. Gave up. This is my alt. hamstring exercise. It was also way too easy, so 60 lbs next time.

Stability ball hamstring curls!!!! 

• Like 1

ckRdoKO.png?1

Just some warriors of darkness

Week 1, Day 1

Inventory Culling

OK start, food quality suffered today b/c MOODS

Grinding Skill Points

OHP Day

Rack was open. In a moment of IDGAF I decided to hell with 5/3/1 precision since I couldn't achieve much better than 40 lbs under the bar anyway and substituted all my <45 lb lifts with 45 lb lifts.

Needed a solid warm up though

3x3 45 lbs

1x6 48.5 lbs

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press

5x10 24 lbs (12 lbs each hand) <-- went up on this from last week, this is a better difficulty.

Half Chins

1x4

2x3

Band-assisted Chins

2x7

22 pushups! I did them!

~RedStone~ challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,qwerty battledawgs.org

Day 3 I challenge @Jonesy!

‪#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it.

If for any reason you don't want to get challenged OR maybe you do and want to do this but haven't been tagged yet, feel free to PM me judgement-free and I will make a note not to challenge you. I apologize, but I might totally accidentally challenge people who've already been tagged elsewhere--if I do that to you, just handle it however you want. Do double, count your existing as completion, whatevs.

Meat Mithkabobs

107g protein

Honestly my dinner was a frozen banana and 2 scoops protein

bad kitty

Mithra Stretchcat

Stretched and rolled shoulders.

Random Sidequest

Only earned 7 points, all of them mostly by default for doing my challenge stuff. Bare minimum.

Yeah, not in the best space mentally today and getting my challenge done was about the best I could do. Work stressors mostly, some of it my crappy depressive personality that comes out to play occasionally. I guess play is not quite the word I should use :P

I also practiced OHP with a Swiffer mop. I only own those little pocket umbrellas you see

On a positive note, one of my forever-single friends is ENGAGED :D She has been dating this wonderful geeky dude for a year or so (I lost track really) and I guess it really has been working out! I love it when stuff looks up. That also means like the 3rd wedding this year. Assuming they set a date before December. 

• Like 5

Some days are the bare minimum kind, those are the times when you're really winning because it's easy to do it all when everything's looking sunny. When it's cold and/or rainy out, you didn't sleep worth a damn, traffic is terrible, and the boss is jerk that makes you want to curl on the couch and Do Nothing Good and not giving in (completely) is where the magic happens. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I can't do real push ups or that many on consecutive days but I'd happily substitute 22+ seconds of planks for 22 days. :) 

That seems perfectly in the spirit of things to me!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

Some days are the bare minimum kind, those are the times when you're really winning because it's easy to do it all when everything's looking sunny. When it's cold and/or rainy out, you didn't sleep worth a damn, traffic is terrible, and the boss is jerk that makes you want to curl on the couch and Do Nothing Good and not giving in (completely) is where the magic happens. 

Sometimes you're stuck in second geeeeaaaaar

I went to bed right after my post, it helped a bit. I'm opting to work from home today to recuperate. It'll probably open up some extra opportunities for adulting points, too.

• Like 4

Seconding that the shittiest garbage fire days are the ones where you learn what you're really made of - Old You may have gone NGGGAAAAHHH and eaten 5 sleeves of Oreos while watching Friends but Today You strugglebussed through a workout and that's the force of HABIT right there!

I will do my best to add extra pushups into my days!!!  22 isn't terrible but if Left Shoulder decided to get sassy with me they may be knee pushups or some other lovely lighter variety!~

• Like 1

SCIcHdE.png

mememememememe

Week 1, Day 2

Inventory Culling

Fine right now, about to go over because I'm going to trivia for the first time in MONTHS and there will be beer.

Grinding Skill Points

Just some light cardio today, and my 22 pushups.

22 pushups! I did them!

Day 4 I challenge @Urgan!

Meat Mithkabobs

113g protein

Better at fooding today, though I ate an awful LOT of beef liver. I love liver and onions, it's true, I am a freak.

Mithra Stretchcat

Stretch hamstrings and low back, rolled quads and feet. Neck randomly hurts today dunno what that's about.

Random Sidequest

Made up for yesterday and then some. About to spend it all on beer probably, though.

• Like 3

I can't even imagine eating liver but a lot of people across the world eat things I can't even imagine eating and liver is probably on the tame end of the spectrum, so *shrug*. You do you boo! :barbershop_quartet_

• Like 1

Stupid necks.  Always the PITA...

YAY trivia and beer, man I miss trivia nights, those were some fun times!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

YAY trivia and beer, man I miss trivia nights, those were some fun times!!

I hadn't been in AGES

it was pretty fun, but we lost pretty resoundingly. oh well!

I was able to shove my deadlift day to later in the morning so I wasn't ridiculous tired, plus I tipsy-ate so it was a strong day lol

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ixaera said:

Day 4 I challenge @Urgan!

Well then. As long as I can count the push-ups done in the dojo, I'm in. 

16 hours ago, ixaera said:

Better at fooding today, though I ate an awful LOT of beef liver. I love liver and onions, it's true, I am a freak.

We need to get you and my mom together and put y'all in a zoo, lol. She is a fan of chicken livers and I just cannot comprehend.

• Like 1