ixaera steals the Thief's Testimony~

freck

Week 4, Day 2 & 3 (oops)

Inventory Culling

Not QUITE failing, not quite succeeding as much as I'd like. Perhaps 6 weeks is too long for me yet :P

Eating is half-decent. At least most of my meals are meals lately? Still getting too much sugar most of the time. Definitely have next-challenge ideas to incorporate, and possible point re-vamping to help.

Grinding Skill Points

A little mild cardio yesterday morning.

Today: Deadlifts

• 57 lb x 5 reps
  • 71.5 lb x 5 reps
  • 86 lb x 3 reps
  • 100 lb x 3 reps
  • 114 lb x 3 reps
  • 129 lb x 6 reps
  • 136 lb x 5 reps
  • 143 lb x 1 reps (PR)

Squats

5x3 108 lbs <-- these are cruel and unusual after deadlifts

Hanging Leg Raise

almost a 5x10, but lost grip on 3rd set, so that was only 7 reps.

Meat Mithkabobs

94g yesterday (ehhhh, kinda close enough for this)

87g today (not quite...)

Mithra Stretchcat

Yes & yes

Going to have the hamstrings from hell tomorrow.

Random Sidequest

Gave out a few extras for the anxiety victory, so I'm sitting on 25 right now. Played a little FFXIV after work.

Told gym buddy I was going to start doing lifting elsewhere (she hasn't gone to the weight room with me in 3 weeks anyway, so she is probably not miffed about that). Still going to meet her for cardio to help cheer her on. Talked to boss about how I will probably be later on lifting days (made sure it was ok with him and such) and I'm likely to work from home W/F just so I can be available earlier.

Now I want to hang on to this cushy job for dear life for how much room it gives me for lifting. Also I'm pretty sure my IRL friends are tired of me posting lifting vids and rambles on social media :S (New gym has a no selfies rule, though, so I dunno if form videos qualify or not.)

OH. New gym has STRONGWOMAN training classes on Wednesday. They have a ladies' night, of all things. I didn't go tonight because dead hamstrings for real, but next week lacks the joker sets and is lighter, might check it out. It's so hot though :(

• Like 8
19 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Seriously though everyone at my gym comes in with a whole truck full of gear or equipment. BYOB bitchezzz!!!

They should have no problem with it.

This is how I feel strolling in with my 10# bumper plates. (plus my weight belt, plus my shoes, plus my 1.25# plates, plus my training log, plus my headphones)

"What you gonna doooo abowt eet?"

19 hours ago, ixaera said:

I'm hoping from 7-8am the heat isn't too bad, but if I have to come in after work when it's 102F outside, I MIGHT die. Probably.

11de44306de91dc120a6f1f8e5f7d418.jpg

You're not going to die. 

• Like 5

yiJHbg6.jpg?1

true story, after word got out that it was possible for me to duo primes with a blm, there was the occasional request for help from people who were having trouble getting their whispers in our new Linkshell. This was the end of some such successful run. I'd carefully cautioned all these guys that aggro was a delicate balance in this affair, but the paladin, after agreeing that he would merely cast cure or dps sometimes, STILL provoked and it was a bloody miracle we made it. The dead guy below me wasn't nearly as good as my normal duoing partner at managing his black mage aggro, got himself smooshed. So did the paladin, IIRC, but he must have already been raised in this photo. I feel mildly certain that most of us died (except me, I had lots of ninja shadows and capped evasion and parry--I was really hard to hit). Think this was Leviathan Prime? He was pretty tough, even to duo at this point in the game (probably very early 2005).

Week 4, Day 4

Inventory Culling

Doing okay here. Food quality was not great today. I opted in for some oreo thins & starburst, and my lunch was a LITTLE lacking in protein so it threw my numbers off. This is how dinner became a protein shake :S

Grinding Skill Points

Mild cardio again, nothing else. 

Meat Mithkabobs

96g today, not bad. I'll probably just make my official range 95+ for the time being.

Mithra Stretchcat

Basically sat on a lacrosse ball half the day. I was SO SURE I would have DOMS from hell because cut and all the heavy deadlifts, and I could FEEL how tired my hamstrings were yesterday. But no. Mild soreness in the top part of the hamstring, and that's it so far. I don't trust it not to be awful tomorrow though, hence the ball-sitting. If it doesn't, that's a lot said for eating near maintenance and staying on top of magnesium and water~

Random Sidequest

Did not earn jack shit today besides the usual 2 points for working out at all. I've been feeling a little drained in the personal productivity department, need to flesh out more discipline there. Didn't really spend any since I don't charge myself for just reading on the couch with a cat on my lap.

First workout at the crazy gym tomorrow. Have a big water jug half-full in the freezer right now in prep for the morning heat. Here's hoping it isn't crazy busy at 7 am!

• Like 6
1 hour ago, shaarawy said:

Your gym saga makes my soul sing!!

AAHH HOW EXCITING!!!!  Even through the sweatball 90 degree heat yeah?!?!  WATER JUG LET'S GOOOO!!!

/me waits patiently for tales of excitement!

42 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

So...how did it go?  Was the sweat epic?

Not epic, no, but more than usual! It'll probably compound tomorrow for squats.

So, I get there, it opens 5 minutes late and I'm the only one there (besides the owner guy, who is off doing owner guy stuff and not paying me any mind). That by itself was kind of a special bliss. The heat didn't bother me until I was almost ready to go anyway. I only took about 3 swigs from my ice water and forgot to turn on the fans. (I knew about them at first because he said I could turn them on if I wanted, but I wasn't really warm yet and about to do heavy OHPs so I didn't yet... then I just forgot. I probably would NOT have forgotten on a leg day.)

My biggest worry was that it was possible all this time I'd been using lighter weight bars at the rec center. They weren't really weighable because of the location of the scale and their size, so I couldn't be SURE. I picked the bar off the rack and my mind CONVINCED me it was heavier. OHP starts with a buncha empty bar sets anyway, so I'm sitting there reminding myself that it's unlikely I'm doing 3 reps of what I would have previously recorded as 55 lbs if the bar really was heavier so easily.

SPOILERS I HIT ALL THE JOKER SETS

but I was not in the zone on my last regular set and forgot to AMRAP it, oh well. 

Then I hit the benches for a 5x3 at 90%. Lots of benches, all mine. I choose one and set it up, can't find a matching 5 lb plate (LOTS of mismatched rusty plates here), just go with it. It's on the lowest setting already (which is why I picked it) and

THE CRADLE IS TOO HIGH STILL D: I finish out the set carefully (I have to finagle getting it up into the cradle) and look around. The three immediate benches are all the same height cradle, but then I spy one with a LOT of settings. And yes! It goes ridiculously far down so I know I won't have issues. Unfortunately, there's two sets of holes and a 4" or so space with no holes. Ideally, it'd sit just an inch under the lowest hole in the top set, but I settle for the top hole of the bottom set. It's a little low, but that's so much better than too high.

Something I am noticing about these 5x3's at 90% is how much harder they feel as assistance than they do as the last regular work set. What's that business about anyway.

Anyway, I wanted to do chin ups. I haven't been progressing much on the bar so I decided I wanted to do them as pull-downs this cycle to try to change things up. The machines mystify me. They have a huge cable machine in the front with 2 cables on each side, but I could not figure out how to make it work as a pull down (I think I could now), and I probably looked like a huge dumbass carting bench seats around and trying to figure out how to do this. Then I spy like 4 pull down looking machines. One has a loop but no way to connect a bar that I can see (no uh, carribinger?? thingo??), the others I had never seen before, and the one that looked most friendly had some weird padding and I was like "maybe this isn't what it looks like" Kinda scared myself into just going home and doing halfsies again. On the way out, owner guy sees me and says "good workout?" and I tell the truth "I couldn't figure out how to chin pull down thingo"

So he shows me, and it's so simple I go "D: I am a dumbass, my old gym didn't really have these my bad sorry" All was well though, and I really liked the pull down thingie I ended up picking, but it wasn't as straight-down as I was looking for so I might try another one next time.

At the end I was sweaty, but I'm not a ghost. Or if I am one, I am a typing ghost, which is kinda cool if true.

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Anyway, I wanted to do chin ups. I haven't been progressing much on the bar so I decided I wanted to do them as pull-downs this cycle to try to change things up. The machines mystify me. They have a huge cable machine in the front with 2 cables on each side, but I could not figure out how to make it work as a pull down (I think I could now), and I probably looked like a huge dumbass carting bench seats around and trying to figure out how to do this. Then I spy like 4 pull down looking machines. One has a loop but no way to connect a bar that I can see (no uh, carribinger?? thingo??), the others I had never seen before, and the one that looked most friendly had some weird padding and I was like "maybe this isn't what it looks like" Kinda scared myself into just going home and doing halfsies again. On the way out, owner guy sees me and says "good workout?" and I tell the truth "I couldn't figure out how to chin pull down thingo"

So he shows me, and it's so simple I go "D: I am a dumbass, my old gym didn't really have these my bad sorry" All was well though, and I really liked the pull down thingie I ended up picking, but it wasn't as straight-down as I was looking for so I might try another one next time.

At the end I was sweaty, but I'm not a ghost. Or if I am one, I am a typing ghost, which is kinda cool if true.

YOU DIDN'T DIE. SEE. : D I'm not convinced you are a ghost, but I like this gif so I'm putting it here to check. Is this what you see when you look in the mirror? 

tumblr_mbu5cgTrbo1qc8ofbo1_250.gif

Mad props for being willing to admit to the owner that you needed help figuring out one of the machines. I'm not usually so brave and you totally had that situation handled. BOSS. 

• Like 5
12 hours ago, ixaera said:

Did not earn jack shit today besides the usual 2 points for working out at all. I've been feeling a little drained in the personal productivity department, need to flesh out more discipline there. Didn't really spend any since I don't charge myself for just reading on the couch with a cat on my lap.

You should read Steve's latest article :)

• Like 1

Week 4, Day 5

Inventory Culling

No. Wine and stuff. Also too much not-real-food

Grinding Skill Points

OHP DAY

1x5 45 lbs

3x3 45 lbs

1x3 49 lbs <-- supposed to be an AMRAP, was distracted and discombobulated from new gymmings

1x4 51 lbs

1x3 54 lbs

1x1 56.5 lbs <-- weight PR :D 

Bench assist

5x3 63 lbs

Suppinated pull down thing (sorry about spelling)

5x10 50 lbs

Meat Mithkabobs

57g :( I chose cookie and wine over life

Mithra Stretchcat

Not really

Random Sidequest

Earned a bit 

Spent a bit

Work was nuts, so I decided to let go a bit. Worth it. Needed the unwind.

Monday will be nuts too, sigh.

myRbnLG.jpg?1

Sometimes we just found NMs while exping. We had a very non-standard set exp party (PLD, BST, RDM, THF, BLM, WHM), and I know I know you're like BST??? But they can just solo! Plus you share exp with the pet!
Yes, true.  We still progressed just fine and our weird configuration meant we could do a lot of things other parties trying to exp in a zone couldn't do. And yes, I have a shield there because I'm probably being a THF/WAR for berserk (the mobs in this zone were slow, so the NIN shadows weren't super useful for pulling anyway). Background: THF/NIN was the cookie cutter standard for pretty good reasons, but our configuration gave me a lot of freedom that made other combinations work better sometimes.

Week 4, Day 6

Inventory Culling

This might end up a slight fail this week, but that's okay because I totally have that awesome zero week sub score!~

Only one more week of cutting (and I finally wooshed it on the scale and can see my hard work now, so last minute motivation to the rescue).

Yesterday was a really delicious but not macro friendly plate of eggs & avocado toast. There are many ways this COULD have been a reasonable meal, but the Egg & I doesn't believe in reasonable meals as far as I can tell. The toast was big, soft, and thick, with bits of something crunchy in it. The avocado spread was not purely avocado, and probably made up of an entire medium avocado at that. The spread was nearly as thick as the bread. The eggs were plain enough. Over easy, of course, so I could soak the bread in yolk. Yum. Ate the whole thing of course. Lunch was a frozen bibimbap meal, pretty tasty. Realized I wasn't anywhere near protein targets, ate a protein bar (it wasn't bad, either, might be switching brands when I run out of Quest). Didn't want to have a protein shake dinner again to meet macro AND calories, so I sacrificed calories instead of proteins and ordered in some bbq chicken and shrimp and veggies. Ate about maintenance.

Grinding Skill Points

Some medium cardio yesterday with gym buddy. Was tired and oddly fatigued (wtf body) all day so took a 2 hour nap instead of squatting, which I'm doing today instead.

Meat Mithkabobs

95g yesterday. Decent save.

Mithra Stretchcat

Yep, did some night stretches to get ready for squats, which I'll be repeating soon. Someday I'd like to add fancy things like heavy front squats and overhead squats to assistance, but as it stands now, just not flexible enough and too much tipping forward on overheads. Front squats might be okay because counterweight, OR I might just fall straight forward vOv

Random Sidequest

Mostly spent what I had due to fatigue. I have 6 right now, and I'll be studying today after squats to help earn a few. Though I think this Keeb-friend visit may end up being worth points to me b/c politic-talkers. If they bring any up, I get 5 points for every time I smile and nod.

ALSO, thoughts, if anyone has any on this. I'm trying out this strongwoman thing on Wednesday barring work stupidity, because this week is just 5-rep no joker week, so almost like a deload comparatively. Means I'll probably have juice for something new like that on a deadlift day. If I like it, I'd probably want to move deadlift day, right? Basically swap upper and lower in my weeks. Is it okay to do that mid cycle? Or am I being a wimp anyway and it's probably find to bust my ass on heavy deadlifts in the morning then return in the evening to bust my ass on unknown strongwoman activities?

• Like 3

Their leg curl machine fits me! I was able to do them!

Yay!

Edit: OH! And they have rubber bumper plates so I didn't have to finagle a weird platform to get my bar to the correct height! And there was another girl! We were the only two there!

This place is great so far. I sweated like a pig, it was so weird. A DROP FELL.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, ixaera said:

Their leg curl machine fits me! I was able to do them!

Oh you poor thing. I'm so very, very, very sorry :apologetic:

(Just kidding of course, sounds like you don't hate them like I hate those awful buggers lmao So that's probably great news!! :D)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Oh you poor thing. I'm so very, very, very sorry :apologetic:

(Just kidding of course, sounds like you don't hate them like I hate those awful buggers lmao So that's probably great news!! :D)

THEY SUCK A LOT

but I need more hamstring for my deadlift!

Last gym on the smallest setting my ankles were rolling out still :S

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ixaera said:

THEY SUCK A LOT

but I need more hamstring for my deadlift!

Last gym on the smallest setting my ankles were rolling out still :S

LOL damn those hams. I've been exploring alternatives... At least the machine is cooperating?

BTW, did I tell you I saw a girl at my gym that was smaller than me by a fair bit - squatting 2+ plates?!!!! I only saw her once and she had a posse with her, I'm guessing she was a traveling competitor...

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

LOL damn those hams. I've been exploring alternatives... At least the machine is cooperating?

BTW, did I tell you I saw a girl at my gym that was smaller than me by a fair bit - squatting 2+ plates?!!!! I only saw her once and she had a posse with her, I'm guessing she was a traveling competitor...

I was doing straight-leg deadlifts for hams before, which also hit the low back, which as it turns out is also great for deadlifts!

Also: GOALS

I'm still struggling with 1ish plates!