• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ixaera

ixaera steals the Thief's Testimony~

MqmwSfc.jpg?1

This is just a pretty landscape screenshot I took, I think in one of the Zilart zones, which were really new at the time I quit.

Week 4, Day 7

Inventory Culling

SO TERRIBLE TODAY

Started out great. Ate a pre-workout banana (woke up kinda late and didn't wanna eat RIGHT before, so banana was it), then re-fueled after respectably.

DID NOT PLAN VISIT WELL

THREE BEERS

which led to lil smokies, 3 brownies, and chips and queso

and a tummy ache

and a headache

and a destroyed weekly cut average :(

ugh

Grinding Skill Points

It's 5 rep week, which feels honestly like a half deload.

Squats

1x10 45 lbs

1x5 48 lbs

1x5 60 lbs

1x5 72 lbs

1x5 78 lbs

1x5 90 lbs

1x6 102 lbs

I dunno, something about squats, everything after 95 lbs feels super heavy to me, still. Deads are similar that way, where pretty much anything over 125 is like "are we sure we can get this off the ground? oh I guess we can, what a surprise"

Deadlifts

5x5 115 lbs

Bumper plates made this awesome. Also, other girl used the uh, thing you put the bar on and lever down to the ground? For deadlifts? And she was not doing very heavy ones, so now I feel like that's a big open door that says "you don't gotta be pulling two plates to use this bad boy" hell she was using it with the 25 lb ones. I didn't mind not using it, I have a lot of experience under my belt struggling with getting plates on a deadlift bar from the ground now. But it was good to see I don't have to worry about using it for heavy days if I want to and it's free.

Leg curls

5x8 40 lbs

Goes from 25 to 40, and I probably shoulda been doing 35. Gym owner guy was nice enough to show me how to adjust this one (I actually didn't need help in this particular case, but I didn't want to discourage the guy from being generally helpful, since he's otherwise been kinda stand-offish and tends to point at things in a general way and say "yes that thing you are asking about is over there" and you still can't really tell what he's pointing at.) AND I FIT. This one didn't try to rip my shoes off and roll up under my feet. It's nice to have a new good accessory to throw in here. I also spied a yoke bar, HELLO good mornings. Someday. When I'm not too scared of them.

Meat Mithkabobs

58g. Abysmal. Agh.

I need more party discipline :(

Mithra Stretchcat

Limbered up good for squats, not that I needed much for a less-work day.

Random Sidequest

At -4 right now, should hit break even by bed. :(

Spent it all on beer.

Can't always be awesome, I guess. I'll probably be subbing in that zero week grade for this week.

Gonna do my summary in a bit, measurements tomorrow (yay, while I'm beer-bloated, good job, me!). Cut goes on one more week, but I've been feeling REALLY good right around 1500, so that'll probably be where I sit going forward for a while after that, til I see a need to adjust.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

If you measure while you are beer bloated, your progress for next month will look even better. ;) 

<-----This seems to be a good idea!  I have had my parents in town for a little over a week now and I am already up 6 pounds!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ixaera said:

Also, other girl used the uh, thing you put the bar on and lever down to the ground?

Deadlift jack is the phrase you are looking for :)

Great press PR! Can't wait to hear about strongwoman once it happens!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Deadlift jack is the phrase you are looking for :)

Great press PR! Can't wait to hear about strongwoman once it happens!

Well that name makes total sense!

I tried to find out what time class starts and it was the owner's baby brother watching the front who really only knew that it was on Wednesday. Yes, I know that part! lol 

5 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

If you measure while you are beer bloated, your progress for next month will look even better. ;) 

bahahaha, I was in a rush this morning anyway and couldn't find a pen so I just took it as a sign and skedaddled off to workout #1 for today (work is NUTS atm so I split off my small accessories for after work so I could get in earlier).

4 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

<-----This seems to be a good idea!  I have had my parents in town for a little over a week now and I am already up 6 pounds!

The difference between giants and dwarves--my bloat is more like 2.5 lbs lol

• Like 1

Week 4 Summary & Challenge Wrap-Up

Inventory Culling

Avg: 1530 <-- pretty much maintenance, so fail

CHALLENGE AVERAGE: 1431, slightly below maintenance

Pass? Ish.

Not willing to call 100 cals under maintenance a fail, hard to really call it a pass. I dunno, this is like a wash or something.

Plus, pretty sure I did enough cardio to push maintenance up a bit, because I definitely lost a couple of pounds. Not all of it, but maybe half.

Honestly I feel pretty decent at 100 under, and slow is fine. After this week I'll bump it up to maintenance for LOL JOKERS week and onward, planning a similar slow cut for the start of next cycle (as in, after I can't bump the training max no more b/c I'm failing work set reps)

We'll color this one "Generally Satisfactory"

Grinding Skill Points

Week 4 was 4/4 again.

This is like, free points for real. Might as well have a challenge to breathe everyday, too. A+++

(Seriously, the other challenges are the hard part and exist to support this goal. I score it only for the easy free points.)

Meat Mithkabobs

Week 4: 4/7 = C

Challenge overall: B, not too bad. Needs work

Mithra Stretchcat

Week 4: 6/7 = A

Challenge overall: B, also needs work. Have future plans, but prioritizing a food tidying challenge next go to step it up a bit, maybe for a future challenge I'll step this one up.

Random Sidequest

Finished at an even 0, lol.

Honestly, this did what I wanted. My house was never truly clean or anything, but I never got sick of earning points this way and it was a damned sight better than I'd done on my own house in a long time. It needs work in terms of motivating me to write and study, though. It was often easier just to do a load of laundry or vacuum for points. I have IDEAS though to make such things a little more enticing. This will be coming back again.

Measurements tomorrow since I blerped on them this morning, but I wish I took them all three days ago :( Stupid beer bloat is still here. I comfort-ate a pint of chocolate sorbet (yes, the whole pint. 450 calories.) and now I look pregnant. I don't QUITE regret my choices, it was a real shit day.

---> New challenge is here! <---

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ixaera said:

Measurements tomorrow since I blerped on them this morning, but I wish I took them all three days ago :( Stupid beer bloat is still here. I comfort-ate a pint of chocolate sorbet (yes, the whole pint. 450 calories.) and now I look pregnant. I don't QUITE regret my choices, it was a real shit day.

Yeah but a pint of ice cream doesn't even put you at looking real jumbo pregnant. You're like between an soda can and an ice cream sundae, so like 5 months preggo maybe. 

GoOR30r.jpg

• Like 3

Okay here we go, and added to first post for posterity:

start on left, end on right, comments below because I has them

7/18/16 - 8/16/16

weight: 107 lbs | 107.8 lbs +.8 lbs

waist: 26" | 25.5" -.5"

waist at navel: 30" | 28.75" -1.25"

hips: 35" | 34.5" -.5"

bootay: 36" | 36" -0"

r. thigh: 20.25" | 20" -.25"

l. thigh: 20.25" | 20" -.25"

r. calf: 12" | 12.25" +.25"

l. calf: 12.5" | 12.3" -.2"

r. bicep: 10.5" | 10.75" +.25"

l. bicep: 10.25" | 10.25" +0

chest: 31" | 31.5" +.5"

bust: 32.5" | 32.75" +.25"

First, it's important to mention that the first weight was after a week of cutting down from a high weight of nearly 110 lbs. So that was my "fasted" weight and measurements. The second measurements were after a semi-successful cut and some beer and ice cream bloat, so definitely some excess water weight and food weight going on there. My typical scale weight near the beginning was actually more like 107-108, and I've been hitting the low 105's more consistently at the end of this challenge. Just for reference. I didn't actually gain a pound here, is what I'm saying. I'd estimate I lost about 2 pounds (ish) over the challenge.

I think it's interesting that in spite of the similarities in weight, the actual measurement changes were positive all the way across the board. I gained measurements where I wanted, lost where I wanted. \o/ I feel like recomp is definitely represented here.

I also think maybe I should swap to DB curls cuz that right bicep is getting weirdly bigger. :S

• Like 6