• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ixaera

ixaera steals the Thief's Testimony~

3 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Well then. As long as I can count the push-ups done in the dojo, I'm in. 

Hey I am not the pushup police! (I would assume that it totally counts anyway~)

3 minutes ago, Urgan said:

We need to get you and my mom together and put y'all in a zoo, lol. She is a fan of chicken livers and I just cannot comprehend.

ALL THE LIVERS! I remember being so surprised to find out how good it is for you, since the usual trend is if I love it, it's awful for me. Luckily most animal products break that rule, and liver is especially awesome b/c of all the B-vits and iron. I would eat it more often but I'm half afraid I would somehow give myself toxic levels of iron lol

• Like 1

Just now, ixaera said:

Hey I am not the pushup police! (I would assume that it totally counts anyway~)

I need to work up to being able to do full push-ups, they just crank out the reps so fast I can't manage it quite yet....

1 minute ago, ixaera said:

ALL THE LIVERS! I remember being so surprised to find out how good it is for you, since the usual trend is if I love it, it's awful for me. Luckily most animal products break that rule, and liver is especially awesome b/c of all the B-vits and iron. I would eat it more often but I'm half afraid I would somehow give myself toxic levels of iron lol

The primary thing that squicks me out about it is the primary function of the liver in the body, otherwise the texture is just off. Though I will fetch 'em for her if I just so happen to be in a place that serves them. It's a rare enough event that livers are offered on a menu it's a real treat for her.

• Like 2

I've only had livers in pâté form (god shaar you flippin' food snob... actually it was at a brewery so not quite as frou frou but still pretty dang good) and.... it wasn't terrible.  Tasty!  I'd be worried about the texture of liver in its original form.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shaarawy said:

I've only had livers in pâté form (god shaar you flippin' food snob... actually it was at a brewery so not quite as frou frou but still pretty dang good) and.... it wasn't terrible.  Tasty!  I'd be worried about the texture of liver in its original form.  

I prefer them in pate form. I've tried them in other forms. Even wrapped in bacon. And I just cant.

• Like 3

YRUDdvL.png

There was this one 24 hours I was a tank, and I led an exp party from level 19 - 37 in only that amount of time. We were fast, we were efficient, I don't think we ever died? LEGEND.

Week 1, Day 3

Inventory Culling

Wasn't hungry today, so under :/ Just couldn't be bothered.

Grinding Skill Points

Deadlift dayyyy

1x3x100lbs

1x3x115lbs

1x7x130lbs <-- strawng

5x10x65lbs <-- a little too easy. wasn't even cardio this time. bumping up the weight next time.

Hanging Knee Raises

1x14 

1x13

1x12

2x10

My grip is my weak point on these. I'd swap to leg raises (though I can't do 15) but I'm trying to improve my hang time a bit.

22 pushups! I did them!

Day 5 I challenge @Suzaqu!

Meat Mithkabobs

101g protein

A shocking amount of protein for my shitty eating, really.

Mithra Stretchcat

Rolled & stretched whole legs and lower back.

Random Sidequest

Not great, not terrible, spent some on TV & the new Palace of the Dead thing they put in FFXIV :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

101g protein

A shocking amount of protein for my shitty eating, really.

Then it wasn't really all that shitty, now was it??

• Like 2

Can you do 10 leg raises vs 15 knee raises? It seems like for the progression it would be worth it to switch to leg raises if knee raises aren't challenging enough for you. I don't know a lot about that progression but I thought I'd offer encouragement to push yourself. :D

• Like 1

Wheeee I want to try Palace this weekend!!  I totally forgot they put it in Tuesday, I thought the patch was just for Season 2 Feast!  (Need to do more of that too~)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

Then it wasn't really all that shitty, now was it??

I definitely underate for a deadlift day, but I'm actually not as sore as I thought I'd be? Small favors...

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Can you do 10 leg raises vs 15 knee raises? It seems like for the progression it would be worth it to switch to leg raises if knee raises aren't challenging enough for you. I don't know a lot about that progression but I thought I'd offer encouragement to push yourself. :D

I wish! I can do 5ish leg raises, but maybe I can alternate them :)

30 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

Wheeee I want to try Palace this weekend!!  I totally forgot they put it in Tuesday, I thought the patch was just for Season 2 Feast!  (Need to do more of that too~)

It's fun! Fair warning: I had trouble with soloing on bard, especially going in fairly blind. It's probably possible, but you might need to rearrange cross class to make up for squishy-ness. The boss for level 10 didn't seem super kite-able. The save mechanic is interesting! And scary. Summoner is the easiest to solo it on, but my summoner is only 54, so I guess it's groups for me til that hits 60~ Tips: Save pomances of lust for boss fights (if you have 3 and find a 4th in a chest, it will just put it back in the chest, so you can pop one, blow up some mobs, then grab it again). I also save pomance of steel & strength for those fights too. Pomance of witching is best for interrupting casts that have very bad or long annoying consequences.

I have done SO LITTLE pvp. I am very bad at it!

WALKED INTO TONS OF WORK DRAMA TODAY

I'll just be hiding over here

• Like 2

Maybe you can find a way to make the knee raises a little more difficult?  Ankle weights are perfect.  You can do them pinching a 5lb plate between your feet (adds some adductor action) but setting up for that might be a little more difficult if you have to jump to grab the bar/handles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grymm said:

Maybe you can find a way to make the knee raises a little more difficult?  Ankle weights are perfect.  You can do them pinching a 5lb plate between your feet (adds some adductor action) but setting up for that might be a little more difficult if you have to jump to grab the bar/handles.

Hmm, this might lead to more reps than leg raises indeed. Next deadlift day my 5 sets will experiment with different methods!

• Like 2

uAiezur.jpg

working on club skill in Oztroja. Yagudo is future me~

Week 1, Day 4

Inventory Culling

Got hungry, spent all my hungry on lunch. Mmmm yellow curry.
Coworker wasn't a big fan so I got her panang curry leftovers for lunch tomorrow :D

Grinding Skill Points

Some light cardio this morning nbd

Changed my pushup sets from 4 sets to 2. Was easy enough that now I kinda wonder if I can do all 22 in a row now. Tomorrow is not the day to experiment, because bench presses! (I mean, I might anyway since they'll be the last thing I end up doing, but I won't be surprised if 4x5+ even is a feat after a good bench press workout day.)

22 pushups! I did them!

Day 6 I challenge @Alaysia!

Meat Mithkabobs

76g protein

Oops. Don't let it happen again this week, self!

Mithra Stretchcat

Forgot til right now and I'm too sleepy to take a stretchy 15 min detour from bedtime. Tomorrow~

Random Sidequest

Earned 19(!) spent 10 on Palace of the Dead. Sitting on a pretty balance of 29~

Have a lot of socializin (some with family) to do this weekend and might assign large adulting points to family stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Great, now I'm craving indian food! haha. :D Good luck with bench today!

YAS my work here is done!

Actually bench was ridic easy today. I felt like I cheated. I double checked the 5/3/1 instructions.

Next time I'll be at least moving row to 20 lbs and dumbbell bench to 40 or I might just go full beastie and do 5x10 of the bar after my 5/3/1 sets.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ixaera said:

YAS my work here is done!

Actually bench was ridic easy today. I felt like I cheated. I double checked the 5/3/1 instructions.

Next time I'll be at least moving row to 20 lbs and dumbbell bench to 40 or I might just go full beastie and do 5x10 of the bar after my 5/3/1 sets.

Are you doing max reps on the last set? That is an instruction on my program that is similar to 5/3/1 and I forgot that on bench the other day. My last set I'm supposed to do 2-3 short of failure this week and I accidentally stopped at the prescribed reps. 

From checking google I believe for 5/3/1 on your last set you do max reps, correct? Unless you are on a deload week. 

1 minute ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Are you doing max reps on the last set? That is an instruction on my program that is similar to 5/3/1 and I forgot that on bench the other day. My last set I'm supposed to do 2-3 short of failure this week and I accidentally stopped at the prescribed reps. 

From checking google I believe for 5/3/1 on your last set you do max reps, correct? Unless you are on a deload week. 

Yup! Did 63 lbs (90%) for 8 reps. (It's week 2, so it's 3x3 week) I struggled on the last two! But that was the most tiring thing I did and I was over it pretty fast.

• Like 1

My Timehop app was kind to me today. It showed me taking progress selfies exactly a year ago, at the end of my 30 lb weight loss dealio. I decided to take a few today for comparison. The difference isn't what's important here so much (there isn't hardly any anyway, I might be the only one who can see any):

Spoiler

7/22/15: 103.8 lbs                                                               7/22/16: 106.2 lbs
ZexZqI0.pngXnMrJIo.png

Obviously 2.6 pounds of trapezius muscle lol

I miss that waistline a little, but not the lack of core strength (which I am still weak on). Good trade, I suppose, but I still fret about it sometimes.

Also, goodBYE hip dips? (The blue pants are a smaller size though, and are probably smoothing out some as well.)

What's good about being reminded is that sometimes the higher weight gets to me a bit, and Timehop to the rescue with a "hey, it's less than three pounds and you look just fine stop it hey check out your new traps"

• Like 6

You have clearly traded in fat for muscle from the navel on down, it is SO obviously progress. Clothes designed for a non-athlete may whine about the changing proportions, but there is nothing wrong with where your training is taking you. Keep doing the thing.

• Like 3

YES dude the difference between neck/shoulder hunch and posture from one to the other is BOMBASTIC!  You are really truly doing The Thing!

• Like 2

<3

Thanks. 99.9% of days I see the me from 2014, 30 lbs heavier, no muscle or strength, couldn't do 4 flights of stairs without wanting to die, she's there in the mirror, so DO PROGRESS PICS. it helps (I still don't see much difference, mostly just traps, but the traps are enough to make me happy today!)

4 minutes ago, Grymm said:

And you are half a head taller in the second pic!

loooool

I wish!

lEfZAri.jpg?1

I don't have any pictures of me soloing this for reasons unknown to me. That's not that big of a deal though, Titan Prime is a big ole pushover in 11, unlike his debut in 14.

Week 1, Day 5 (yesterday)

Inventory Culling

Average is still decent. Have got it to the point where I can deal with a Surprise Mom Cookies incident if that happens later today.

Grinding Skill Points

Bench Press Day!

1x5 45 lbs <-- warm up

1x3 49 lbs

1x3 56 lbs

1x8 63 lbs <-- fitnotes thinks this is a PR for some reason. I noticed it's been doing that on my higher rep sets this program. It must have some algorithm that tells if it one repxweight set is better than another at a higher weight and lower reps. 

Dumbbell Bench Press

5x10 30 lbs

Dumbbell One-Arm Row

5x10 15 lbs (each side)

Barbell Curls (I missed them)

5x10 25 lbs

After work did an easy cardio workout. Watched the gym wildlife. Yesterday it was the lady who was

22 pushups! I did them! (Nope, could not do all of them in a row on bench press day lol)

Day 7 I am not sure anymore who hasn't been challenged, so I'm going to stop that and do two things instead:
If you want to participate and have not been challenged, consider yourself challenged!
Later on today I'm going to hunt down that donation site again and send some money in lieu of direct challenges (not now because I'm about to go squat and today is a big time crunch)

Meat Mithkabobs

95g protein

Close enough.

Mithra Stretchcat

omg can't believe I forgot again. I am so bad at this one :/ 

Random Sidequest

Earned a pathetic 5 points (1 for pushup challenge, 4 for working out twice), spent a huge 25 playing in palace of the dead with a friend. Gonna earn 15 doing fam stuff later at least. My balance right now is only 4 :o

• Like 4