• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ixaera

ixaera steals the Thief's Testimony~

Week 1, Day 6

Inventory Culling

Cals fine, hunger levels have completely adjusted already.

Grinding Skill Points

Squaterday!

1x5 45 lbs

1x3 89 lbs

1x3 101.5 lbs

1x5 114 lbs <-- FitNotes thinks this is some kind o PR too

5x10 55 lbs <-- very cardio phew

Weighted lunges

5x10 30 lbs

I thought these would be easy b/c 30 lbs

nope

Overall the whole workout was super hard.

22 pushups! I did them! I can do 19 in a row, very tipsy and late at night, when I suddenly panic and remember I didn't do this today. so 2 sets. One of 19. One of 3. lol

Day 8 completed!

If you want to participate and have not been challenged, consider yourself challenged!
Later on today I'm going to hunt down that donation site again and send some money in lieu of direct challenges: stop22.org

Meat Mithkabobs

55g protein

bleh not within goal at all, tomorrow is on point to keep a B for this

Mithra Stretchcat

Stretched whole legs and lower back.

Random Sidequest

SO

I realized this morning that I drank last night and didn't count the points. I'm so in the hole, guys. -20

Tomorrow is a housework day for reals. I'd have a positive balance if I didn't just drink beer during the Holm/Schevchenko fight tonight.

• Like 1

ALL the lunge DOMS today. All of them.

I picked lunges because I never really feel my quads get sore from any of my lifts, or even tired. Well, today they are sore. The major sore things are those and my butt. Ow.

• Like 2

SUTwfhO.jpg?1

I think I had to do this like six times?

Week 1, Day 7

Inventory Culling

Good~

Grinding Skill Points

A rest day happened

22 pushups! I did them! l

Day 9 completed!

If you want to participate and have not been challenged, consider yourself challenged!

Meat Mithkabobs

78g protein

sigh

Mithra Stretchcat

Rolled quads, major lower body stretches

Random Sidequest

Basically spent the day super productive. Earned 40, spent 15 on tv and gaming, balance of 10 positive now. Phew.

• Like 3

TARUTARU.gif

Week 1 Summary

Inventory Culling

Avg: 1395

Pretty close to target

A

Grinding Skill Points

4/4 = A

Meat Mithkabobs

Avg: 90

4/7

C

Mithra Stretchcat

5/7

B

Random Sidequest

Positive balance now, again. Yay. The key to this for me has been making sure there's a large variety of productive, life-helpful things that give points, so I don't feel like I'm always cleaning or always studying, but am still more productive than I have been because earning the right to play for hours or have an indulgent food or drink~

I have added saving $50 to my savings account, visiting family, and cooking more elaborate meals (like my Blue Apron stuff and the soup I made today).

• Like 3

23 hours ago, ixaera said:

ALL the lunge DOMS today. All of them.

I picked lunges because I never really feel my quads get sore from any of my lifts, or even tired. Well, today they are sore. The major sore things are those and my butt. Ow.

I love lunges.  And by love them, I mean I love the thought of them.  I absolutely hate doing them.  My balance is really poor on unilateral leg work.  Specifically on lunges, my back foot provides zero balance help laterally because my foot tends to rise up onto the point of my toes which is a problem if you step back to finish the lunge rather than walk through or step forward.  This probably indicates I should do more lunges and not less.  When I add some variation to my program (either with a deload on squats or going into a cut), I'll probably go back to doing them as a transition for BSSs.

• Like 3

Just now, Grymm said:

I love lunges.  And by love them, I mean I love the thought of them.  I absolutely hate doing them.  My balance is really poor on unilateral leg work.  Specifically on lunges, my back foot provides zero balance help laterally because my foot tends to rise up onto the point of my toes which is a problem if you step back to finish the lunge rather than walk through or step forward.  This probably indicates I should do more lunges and not less.  When I add some variation to my program (either with a deload on squats or going into a cut), I'll probably go back to doing them as a transition for BSSs.

Yes! Exactly! All of this! I'm terrible at lunges and my hamstrings already get hammered on deadlift day anyway so I wanted something harder that I'd have to improve that hits stuff that I don't feel getting hit as much on deadlift day. It definitely did all of that, but I'm STILL feeling it.

I might also consider weighted high step ups.  I'd need like a 20-24" box and enough head room to not put my head through the ceiling.  I wouldn't need to do these in the basement, though.  The dumbbells are portable and should provide enough weight for a while.  Step ups would let me use unilateral drive without really using much unilateral balance.  That's probably cheating the system.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grymm said:

I might also consider weighted high step ups.  I'd need like a 20-24" box and enough head room to not put my head through the ceiling.  I wouldn't need to do these in the basement, though.  The dumbbells are portable and should provide enough weight for a while.  Step ups would let me use unilateral drive without really using much unilateral balance.  That's probably cheating the system.

I have swapped for step ups before. To me they feel basically the same (and almost as awkward, balance-wise). I stopped b/c at home I didn't have a very stable base so I was scared to increase weight and potentially just tip over the chair or my little wobbly bench. At the gym, I could probably use the ledge in the hallway. It's nice and stable. I'll probably keep working on that coordination though.

1 minute ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

@Grymm, could you do the step ups on the...(wait for it)...steps?  Maybe the 2nd step up from the basement floor? 

Not really.  That involves a lot of stepping forward which is more of a shift in balance.  I mean, I could literally do them, but I don't think it would be quite the same.  Also, to get the height I want I'd have to go to at least the third step.  I think steps are generally limited to 8" each.  There are a lot of ways I can accomplish this.  I could simply stack concrete blocks on my back patio.  I might build a box because I like building things.  This is more of a fall project/concert.  For now, I'm sticking with do the squats until you can no longer do the squats.  And even then, keep doing the squats until you've proven you can't do the squats.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grymm said:

For now, I'm sticking with do the squats until you can no longer do the squats.  And even then, keep doing the squats until you've proven you can't do the squats.

I can get behind this. 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2016 at 10:04 AM, ixaera said:

I wish! I can do 5ish leg raises, but maybe I can alternate them :)

Leg raises until failure and then switch to knee raises. So if you can only do 4/5 leg raises do those and then finish your set with knee raises.

Or you can do hollow hang

On 7/23/2016 at 9:34 AM, ixaera said:

1x8 63 lbs <-- fitnotes thinks this is a PR for some reason. I noticed it's been doing that on my higher rep sets this program. It must have some algorithm that tells if it one repxweight set is better than another at a higher weight and lower reps. 

FitNotes does rep PRs. So if you click an exercise and then click the trophy at the top it will tell you the highest weight you have done for each # of reps up to as many as you have ever logged. So you will have 1RM, 2RM, 3RM and so on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Leg raises until failure and then switch to knee raises. So if you can only do 4/5 leg raises do those and then finish your set with knee raises.

Or you can do hollow hang

FitNotes does rep PRs. So if you click an exercise and then click the trophy at the top it will tell you the highest weight you have done for each # of reps up to as many as you have ever logged. So you will have 1RM, 2RM, 3RM and so on.

Oooh. Thanks for the explanation!

Also, good advice! \o/

And now I'm off to keep being on call between chin-up sets (well, half-chins + band-chins, I do what I can)

• Like 2

mBGTlrq.png

yep, duo'd Ramuh, too. He does a crapton of AoE, so this was one of the two trickiest ones. The only one we never did was Fenrir~

Week 2, Day 1

Inventory Culling

Cals on the low side, but didn't do any extra cardio or remotely hit step goal, and likely to uptick on the average, so dubbing it a "just fine" kind of start.

Also, shark week is looming and the scale is playing mind games with us today.

Grinding Skill Points

OHP Day

1x5 45 lbs <-- quick warm up set

1x5 45 lbs <-- actual first set

1x3 50 lbs

1x4 51 lbs

Was disappointed, but knew going into cut that weak days were gonna be a thing. Only 4 weeks of cut to go, though. Learning a whole lot about food quality and alcohol's role in making for a good strong workout day. Also still not getting form down. Naturally it's better with a light stick, but I'm not getting the springiness with quad tension really. Never give up, never surrender. I WILL get this. If it's the last damned thing I do lol

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press

5x10 24 lbs

On the easy side, but the next step up is 30 lbs. I'm not even 85% convinced I can complete the reps at 30 lbs. I wish they had an adjustable short/light straight bar for this reason.

Close-grip Bench Press

5x10 45 lbs

This felt awesome and just tough enough. Struggled with reps 8-10 every set, felt it in my triceps, which is what I was trying to hit. I kind of feel like I should apologize to the program gods for adding this in, but oh boy do I ever want Michelle Obama arms

I took the spirit of @miss_marissa's leg raise advice to the chin-up bar today.

So instead of just 4 reps of half chins and 7 reps for the last couple of sets on bands, I mixed and matched

The sets went half-chins to failure, then band-chins to failure

4 & 4

4 & 4

3 & 4

3 & 4

2 & 4

And then all my push-ups.

22 pushups! I did them!

Day 10 completed!

Later on today I'm going to hunt down that donation site again and send some money in lieu of direct challenges: stop22.org

Meat Mithkabobs

102g protein

Getting good at stuffing in emergency protein via real food. Canned tuna + cottage cheese + raw broccoli = palatable enough to get the job done. Skill level = increasing

Mithra Stretchcat

Rolled feet & quads, stretched quads, some basic shoulder stretches and rolled them a bit with a golf ball to hit the small spots.

Random Sidequest

Only earned 7, but spent none, so there's that. Just points for workout, mobility, push up challenge, and some studying I squeezed in while working. (BTW if you are curious, I scheduled that exam for the end of next month... it's not close enough yet to be anxious, but I'm not performing super well on practice exams so nervousness WILL happen)

In other randomness, I've been looking up powerlifters my size to see what they get up to. It's really impressive to see how the sky's basically the limit! Very inspiring :)

• Like 6

11 hours ago, ixaera said:

Grinding Skill Points

OHP Day

1x5 45 lbs <-- quick warm up set

1x5 45 lbs <-- actual first set

1x3 50 lbs

1x4 51 lbs

Was disappointed, but knew going into cut that weak days were gonna be a thing. Only 4 weeks of cut to go, though. Learning a whole lot about food quality and alcohol's role in making for a good strong workout day. Also still not getting form down. Naturally it's better with a light stick, but I'm not getting the springiness with quad tension really. Never give up, never surrender. I WILL get this. If it's the last damned thing I do lol

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press

5x10 24 lbs

On the easy side, but the next step up is 30 lbs. I'm not even 85% convinced I can complete the reps at 30 lbs. I wish they had an adjustable short/light straight bar for this reason.

If you can do sets of 45# with OHP I am confident that you can do 30# DB overhead press. I've done both and unlike with bench press and DB bench, my OHP and DB OHP seem to be pretty similar. That might not be true for you, but I think 30# is less enough than 45# that you got this! I believe in you! You can start doing 30# where you are confident, say sets of 6-8 and then work up to sets of 10 from there. 

• Like 1

tumblr_nydpqeNhnY1txb7llo1_400.gif

The famous SHANTOTTO

Week 2, Day 2

Inventory Culling

Cals OK, hacked my blue apron recipe to stay in range (and as a result get some potato with my egg bowl for breakfast tomorrow!)

Blue Apron is hard as a small person on a cut. The fat macro, you guys. So much butter and oil in these things. It's doable, though. Doing stuff like trimming fat/skin from my meat portion helps make up for the butter (which I don't want to cut out because boyfriend could use the calories), and saving something like the bun or the potatoes for the next day helps too. Today's hack was not using the gravy (besides just cooking the beans in it), not garnishing with cheese, and saving potatoes. Kept the skin on the chicken this round because SURELY there's protein in that mess.

Grinding Skill Points

Easy cardio this morning, nothing else besides my pushups.

22 pushups! I did them! 11 & 11 today.

Day 11 completed!

Meat Mithkabobs

98g protein

Close enough to count.

Mithra Stretchcat

Hamstring, calf, low back stretches to prep for deads tomorrow.

Random Sidequest

Earned 20 (22 if you count the 2 I earned last night after my update), spent 10 on vidja games. Failed floors 41-50 of Palace twice, think it was my fault. Note to self: don't go back in as an astrologian again.

• Like 6

How are you liking Blue Apron? We did it for at least 6 months at it was like, dude, this took me more than 30 minutes to make :P Also I thought the portions were maybe a little crazy?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Urgan said:

The right class makes all the difference....

Words for life lol

9 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

How are you liking Blue Apron? We did it for at least 6 months at it was like, dude, this took me more than 30 minutes to make :P Also I thought the portions were maybe a little crazy?

On the one hand, it's delicious and there's interesting flavors and stuff I've never tried before.

On the other hand, the portions are large, the macro setup is unfriendly to what I'm trying to do, and the cook estimation times are WAY WAY off (last night's 10 min prep, 35 min cook took a total of 75 minutes... we're slow but not THAT slow)

I'm giving it one more week, but right now I'm thinking it was just a fun experiment. I kind of miss my swift in-and-out of the kitchen cooking. Boyfriend LOVES it though, so I'm feeling ultra guilty that I don't want to keep it up long term.

In other news, deadlifts are SO HARD on a cut. Just 3.5 more weeks to go, and when I'm back at maintenance, it'll be time for the tough 5/3/1 week again and hopefully it won't be so much of a struggle. I could only lift 136 lbs off the floor twice today, compared to 5 times in the past :(

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ixaera said:

Failed floors 41-50 of Palace twice, think it was my fault. Note to self: don't go back in as an astrologian again.

The only time I've failed was with Astro - it was me and THREE tanking classes and none of them thought to... you know... pick up the mobs that were brutalizing me, so I died, they all died, the end.  Sadly it was on 31-40 ahahahaha.

I really love AST overall and I find the sects/switching/cards really fun, but the only other class I've been in there with was Monk, and my Monk is only 32 so when I got up to the higher floors with all the new bizarro skills I don't have yet I was just AAHH BUTTON MASH TRY COMBOS KILL THINGS!??!.... ok good.

• Like 1

I was in there with 3 dps! If we got more than 2 mobs it was a hectic disaster, because my ast is only 39 and I barely know how to play it. (I love it though, the cards! so fun)

I really need to drag warrior or whm or bard in for 41-50, ast was fine on all the other levels

Smn might be a good idea, too. Titan will save me

• Like 1