• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

freck

ixaera steals the Thief's Testimony~

I somehow managed to finish 41-50 with AST (I am only 42 so that was super exciting, TIME DILATION, wtf) but I agree, I need to get BRD or WHM in there for easier times.  I really like the leveling XP it gives for my lower level classes though, granted it doesn't get overwhelming.....................

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

I somehow managed to finish 41-50 with AST (I am only 42 so that was super exciting, TIME DILATION, wtf) but I agree, I need to get BRD or WHM in there for easier times.  I really like the leveling XP it gives for my lower level classes though, granted it doesn't get overwhelming.....................

I think I'm gonna reset tonight and do 1-40 again on warrior. I could use more aetherpool, I'm only at 20/17 and thought I could sneak in there a bit earlier than some post I read recommended. Then go through 41-50 on warrior, get exp, and warrior I can at least play~

• Like 1

giphy.gif

My computer with my old screenshots is down, so you get this *evil laughter*

Week 2, Day 3

Inventory Culling

Oops, basically ate maintenance today.

Also had a diet ice cream binge and was like oh no, my cut, my proteins, only to realize that it's apparently PROTEIN ice cream, so \o/

Grinding Skill Points

Deadlift Day

Needs moar warmup

2x5 95 lbs warm up sets

1x5 107 lbs

1x3 121.5 lbs

1x2 136 lbs

5x10 70 lbs

Was disappointed. I've done 136 for 5 before. I also majorly struggled. I tried twice and couldn't get it off the floor, adjusted mind and form and got it up twice after some quiet cussing that still caught a few glances. But, I know why and it's expected. I'll get it good next week 3 cycle when I'm no longer cutting. Volume set still easy, 75 next time. Felt a bit like a dweeb in the weight room for setting up janky platforms with plates, taking them down, struggling with 45 lb plates for one set, then resetting my janky plate platform. Oh well. Also, there's some hanging equipment where people also deadlift, and it's interesting because the people who want barbells wait, but always the people who want the hang-y stuff just hang on top of you. That's ok, I'll keep deadlifting, rude lady :P 

Hanging Raises

First number is leg raise, second is knees immediately following

4 & 7

4 & 7

4 & 7

5 & 7

4 & 5

Grip is always my limiter here. Some of those leg raises probably don't count. I did my bestest though.

22 pushups! Doing them right after this.

Day 12 [to be] completed!

If you want to participate and have not been challenged, consider yourself challenged!
Later on today I'm going to hunt down that donation site again and send some money in lieu of direct challenges: stop22.org

Meat Mithkabobs

97g protein

Seriously, Enlightened ice cream isn't super great, but it wayyyy beats the flavor of any protein bar. I was sitting there thinking "hmm I prefer sorbet" til I saw the protein count. Definitely worth the slight flavor hit for a not-so-bad kind of treat.

Mithra Stretchcat

Rolled quads again, stretched, did some low squat sit balancing to stretch ankles, did some shoulder dislocator thingos with a band.

Random Sidequest

Earned like 5, today I felt kind of blah about adulting in general. Spent 10 on palace of the dead again. Took whm, cleared the whole thing, am at +21/+28, so hopefully one more clear will get me a weapon. Think I prefer taking whm for the tomes and confidence for now.

• Like 3

Do you use chalk for your hanging stuff? Depends on the day and what I've been doing, but most of the time I need it to maintain any grip after 2 or 3 reps :P 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Do you use chalk for your hanging stuff? Depends on the day and what I've been doing, but most of the time I need it to maintain any grip after 2 or 3 reps :P 

I do not. The gym I go to doesn't do chalk (and I doubt they allow it, no one uses it there). And with hanging bars, none of the bars there are less than 7 feet off the ground (they have two), so even on a chair I can't reach them, and I end up using my doorway bar at home, which has a spongey grip on it.

Edited to add: My next year goal is to find a lifting gym in a decent location so that these random idiosyncrasies aren't a thing! It's hard, though, because the good ones are way out of my way, far away, or really intimidating. Eventually I want a home gym.

5 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I do not. The gym I go to doesn't do chalk (and I doubt they allow it, no one uses it there). And with hanging bars, none of the bars there are less than 7 feet off the ground (they have two), so even on a chair I can't reach them, and I end up using my doorway bar at home, which has a spongey grip on it.

LOL somehow it doesn't seem funny until there's more than one of us - but of course I can't reach the hanging bars at my gym either :P I hear* that most gyms will allow liquid chalk, but some of them can be really picky about it, the stuff really does get everywhere. I do use it with the spongey bar - grip is one of my biggest issues for sure! (tiny hands I guess?) I may eventually invest in a hand trainer :P 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ixaera said:

Grinding Skill Points

Deadlift Day

Needs moar warmup

2x5 95 lbs warm up sets

1x5 107 lbs

1x3 121.5 lbs

1x2 136 lbs

5x10 70 lbs

Was disappointed. I've done 136 for 5 before. I also majorly struggled. I tried twice and couldn't get it off the floor, adjusted mind and form and got it up twice after some quiet cussing that still caught a few glances. But, I know why and it's expected. I'll get it good next week 3 cycle when I'm no longer cutting. Volume set still easy, 75 next time. Felt a bit like a dweeb in the weight room for setting up janky platforms with plates, taking them down, struggling with 45 lb plates for one set, then resetting my janky plate platform. Oh well. Also, there's some hanging equipment where people also deadlift, and it's interesting because the people who want barbells wait, but always the people who want the hang-y stuff just hang on top of you. That's ok, I'll keep deadlifting, rude lady :P 

This is how I felt doing the lighter deadlifts on my program. At my gym they have wood blocks, so anything with 25# plates I had to set wood blocks on mats and then set the BAR on the blocks. If I was doing a set with 35# plates just mats under the plates would get it up to the right height. Plus we have the world's worst plates, the polygonal ones. They have ONE set of 45# bumper plates.

This is why I ended up buying 10# bumper plates. I carted them into the gym yesterday. I actually felt LESS silly (but still a little odd) carrying in a backpack that clearly contained plates (circular bulges, duh) and then whipping them out at the deadlift station. It was totally worth it. Plus I think a couple people had that look like "wow this girl takes her lifts seriously she brought her own plates". 

• Like 1

I love this idea!

I currently drag 4.5 lbs in microplates around with me, and have had more than one person ask me where to get some lol

An extra 20 lbs wouldn't be SO bad, but I would need a different bag... I love this plan

32 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I love this idea!

I currently drag 4.5 lbs in microplates around with me, and have had more than one person ask me where to get some lol

An extra 20 lbs wouldn't be SO bad, but I would need a different bag... I love this plan

18 minutes ago, Grymm said:

It's not carrying; it's rucking for a purpose.

It also helped that my gym has large lockers. So once I am done with them I can put them away for the rest of my workout. But if they didn't I would still take them back out to my car before finishing my workout, rather than lugging them around. 

Rogue Fitness had 3 different kinds of 10# bumpers. I bought this kind because they are the widest 10# bumpers: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-hi-temp-bumper-plates 

I use Grymm's suggestion to sandwich them between my other plates for stability (you'll see what I mean if you buy some). 
If I wear them out over time and they bust from torque, I'll move up and get 15# bumpers. Someone suggested I just go ahead and get 25# bumpers, but carrying in 50# of plates, just no. 

I carried in the two 10's in a large backpack, which had clearly become circular... hahaha! 

• Like 1

ffxi-opening-march-o.gif

Desktop still down, so have this one.

Week 2, Day 4

Inventory Culling

Doing just fine here.

Grinding Skill Points

Some light cardio, hit my step goal, did all 22 pushups in one go!

22 pushups! 

Day 13 completed!

If you want to participate and have not been challenged, consider yourself challenged!
Later on today I'm going to hunt down that donation site again and send some money in lieu of direct challenges: stop22.org

Meat Mithkabobs

96g protein

Meh

I should really lay off the Complete Cookies but mmm so tasty

Mithra Stretchcat

More squat mobility, hamstring rolling (DOMS city), quad rolling, calf & ankle stretches

Random Sidequest

Earned 9, spent 15. Really need to adult more. Been feeling meh about my writing, sometimes wonder why I bother and if it's just a waste of my time.

(Is it really lazy to start a story 5 years after a post-apocalyptic event? And if it is, should I care?)

Bench tomorrow!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

96g protein

Meh

I should really lay off the Complete Cookies but mmm so tasty

Make a cookie budget for the week/month, maybe? 

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

Earned 9, spent 15. Really need to adult more. Been feeling meh about my writing, sometimes wonder why I bother and if it's just a waste of my time.

(Is it really lazy to start a story 5 years after a post-apocalyptic event? And if it is, should I care?)

These feels, I have had them. 

Does it make you happy to write? Then it isn't a waste of time. 

Post-apocalypse is practically a sub-genre, there are lots of people interested in how humanity/society/living things cope with world devastation. If you have an original take on it, that's all you need to be potentially publishable. Otherwise, if you aren't even seriously committed to taking your work to a printing press, no apologies, do whatever pleases you. It's creative and it's good for you. It's good practice if you aspire to be published--after all, you're going through all the mental processes of creating a work from your own brain, it's the mind equivalent of training the lifts, yeah? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Make a cookie budget for the week/month, maybe? 

Something must be done. I had another one for breakfast. I mean, they're better than the out and out COOKIES I used to have, but not really what I had in mind lol

C'mon self

56 minutes ago, Urgan said:

It's good practice if you aspire to be published--after all, you're going through all the mental processes of creating a work from your own brain, it's the mind equivalent of training the lifts, yeah? 

I mostly aspire to finish things I don't absolutely hate, so I've got my work cut out for me :) Plot is my biggest weak point. Premise and character ideas in spades, no plot creativity

Just now, ixaera said:

Something must be done. I had another one for breakfast. I mean, they're better than the out and out COOKIES I used to have, but not really what I had in mind lol

C'mon self

Buy a quota amount, give yourself a time span--week, month whatever, and don't buy any more or else challenge fail?

1 minute ago, ixaera said:

I mostly aspire to finish things I don't absolutely hate, so I've got my work cut out for me :)Plot is my biggest weak point. Premise and character ideas in spades, no plot creativity

This is me, this is my struggle. Characters that are practically my babies...they end up in slice of life non-plot scenarios. Sigh. Do you outline? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

Buy a quota amount, give yourself a time span--week, month whatever, and don't buy any more or else challenge fail?

I'm a binger if something I really love is in the house, best practice for me is a quota, but buy one at a time. Much easier to avoid them when they're still at the store :) Otherwise, on a bad day, what will happen is I'll eat all 3 in a sitting. This happened with my luna bars ;_;

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

This is me, this is my struggle. Characters that are practically my babies...they end up in slice of life non-plot scenarios. Sigh. Do you outline? 

Yes! My babby characters, and their babby relationships with other characters. Sigh. I'm trying the outline thing currently, it's what I'm doing in my writing time. I need to sit down and devote more time in a sitting to it, but it's been hard lately because of studying for the exam (SOON) and I end up feeling guilty I didn't spend all that time on keeping that knowledge fresh. Can't wait til that's out of the way.

4 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I'm a binger if something I really love is in the house, best practice for me is a quota, but buy one at a time. Much easier to avoid them when they're still at the store :) Otherwise, on a bad day, what will happen is I'll eat all 3 in a sitting. This happened with my luna bars ;_;

Be interesting to see if that works for you, then~

4 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Yes! My babby characters, and their babby relationships with other characters. Sigh. I'm trying the outline thing currently, it's what I'm doing in my writing time. I need to sit down and devote more time in a sitting to it, but it's been hard lately because of studying for the exam (SOON) and I end up feeling guilty I didn't spend all that time on keeping that knowledge fresh. Can't wait til that's out of the way.

I guess the exam is more important for you to get out of the way first, and devoting all your extra "literature" time to that is one approach, another would be to do all your study first, then whatever is left can be spent writing, guilt-free and priority-centric. Whatever it takes to make it easy, after all writing isn't a guilt-trip for doing it AND not doing it, lol. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Be interesting to see if that works for you, then~

Definitely considering stepping up my food quality challenge next time. Ideas coalescing...

19 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I guess the exam is more important for you to get out of the way first, and devoting all your extra "literature" time to that is one approach, another would be to do all your study first, then whatever is left can be spent writing, guilt-free and priority-centric. Whatever it takes to make it easy, after all writing isn't a guilt-trip for doing it AND not doing it, lol. 

Indeed, I could probably work my study quota a little more intelligently, too. I don't feel like I'm studying hard enough. Or writing hard enough. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here going "maybe I should just do my squats routine right now since work is finishing up and I'm on call in 5 hours AND at 10 am tomorrow" 10 am is my "normal" squat time, so you see...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Definitely considering stepping up my food quality challenge next time. Ideas coalescing...

tumblr_npw2w0I8in1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

12 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Indeed, I could probably work my study quota a little more intelligently, too. I don't feel like I'm studying hard enough. Or writing hard enough. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here going "maybe I should just do my squats routine right now since work is finishing up and I'm on call in 5 hours AND at 10 am tomorrow" 10 am is my "normal" squat time, so you see...

Work smarter and work around work, lol.

• Like 1

Week 2, Day 5

Inventory Culling

Hitting targets, but not cardio. Oh well vOv

Grinding Skill Points

BENCH AND SQUATS (yes I did both workouts today because of awkward scheduling and not wanting to deal with noon opening at the gym Sunday)

Bench Press

2x5 45 lbs (badly needed warmup

1x5 52.5 lbs

1x3 60 lbs

1x6 66.5 lbs <-- not even hard, felt really strong

5x10 45 lbs <-- this felt like a better amount of work so sticking to this for the next few bench sessions instead of dumbbells

One arm rows

5x10 20 lbs

Curls (gotta get them arms)

5x10 25.5 lbs

(Many hours pass)

Squats

1x10 45 lbs <-- quick warm up

1x5 65 lbs <-- just a little more warm

1x5 95 lbs

1x3 108 lbs

1x2 120.5 lbs

5x10 60 lbs <-- bumped this up for more work because I could handle it

Barbell lunges

5x10 30 lbs

Squats were disappointing. I mean, I'm on a cut, so I knew it'd be brutal, and lower body days the deficit is always gonna show more than upper for me. But still, knowing I completed most of a 5x3 at 121 barely scraping out 2 reps of half a pound less sucked a bit. Like, I thought I was gonna need those fail rails today and had to push that rep up harder than I ever have before. Bench on the other hand is performing as if there's nothing wrong. Is it the extra pushups? *scratches chin* Should I maybe do goblets at home on the daily? Or tag a light-ish 3x8 on my upper days? Hmm. Or just keep going and hope when I get back to maintenance calories it works itself out and just follow my program...

Speaking of pushups, got 10 left, about to finish them out.

22 pushups! 

Day 14 completed!

Meat Mithkabobs

100g protein

Did ok today except for the cookie.

Mithra Stretchcat

Did a little but not enough to count this. Nope.

Random Sidequest

Earned 20, spent 10. Did some Palace. 

Actually a really shitty day today, so on a whim I assigned 10 points bonus to doing "on call stuff" as some kind of reward for making it to nearly 11 pm without punching someone :P My poor boyfriend got the brunt of my bad mood when it came to a head as I got home from squats, wanted to shower, and couldn't.

Explanation: Work has been blech this week, but the real fun was that my main sewer line broke last night. After I hadn't showered in two days already. Yeah. So, I'm already like well shit, I was about to clean up so I wouldn't stink up the gym, and now I can't. Can't flush either. That's awesome. Plumber comes out, charges over $100 to unclog, but it's BROKEN and to fix? nearly $900. The total will be about a grand.

I just gave my mom emergency money for her drama stuff last month, and my savings are NOT recovered. While I'm looking forward to Camp, I'm currently regretting it financially. But what can you do.

Anyway, it's also prime shark time, with Jaws looming in the corner over there making me extra moody, perhaps more than usual. Which MIGHT also be screwing with my strength too, but I don't know enough yet about my cycle and how it plays into my programming to say yet. :/

THERE YOU GO

plus no gif or otherwise because I'm going to bed. After these 10 more pushups.

12 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Squats were disappointing. I mean, I'm on a cut, so I knew it'd be brutal, and lower body days the deficit is always gonna show more than upper for me. But still, knowing I completed most of a 5x3 at 121 barely scraping out 2 reps of half a pound less sucked a bit. Like, I thought I was gonna need those fail rails today and had to push that rep up harder than I ever have before..

I'm going to dub this an effort PR.  These are important as well in the long run.  The ability to actually go all out 100% is a tough one to acquire.

• Like 3

Week 2, Day 6

Inventory Culling

A TOUCH over, considering I didn't work out, but meh, it's fine. Eggs and spinach and cheese for bfast, found a tiny pack of oreo thins at the store and a tiny pack of sour gummy worms. TREAT time. Beef jerky for lunch. Mom took us to McAlister's for fixing up the internet over there, settled on half an angus spud. Not nearly as much meat as the photo led me to believe :| This is not how to potato, people. Small portion of a new sorbet flavor and a single half-filled tumbler of cranberry juice & rum with the SMALLEST splash of my Portland bitter tea liqueur to cut the sweetness, because I had a sip and my face caved in from too-sweet.

Grinding Skill Points

Nothing here but 22 pushups (almost forgotten and literally done right before midnight). Got a compliment on my form from boyfriend (stop creepin' on my pushups)

Day 15 completed!

Meat Mithkabobs

73g protein

I did not try hard yesterday. My whole "try" was the beef jerky for lunch, which is not really an ideal way to try I suppose.

Mithra Stretchcat

lolnope

Random Sidequest

Earned a lot, because I paid the plumber, I visited family, I did on call things. I was SUCH an adult

Spent like 20 on games still. GAMES. I'm so close to my Palace bow. And then I gotta run it again to get my whm scepter too.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2016 at 11:10 PM, Grymm said:

I'm going to dub this an effort PR.  These are important as well in the long run.  The ability to actually go all out 100% is a tough one to acquire.

In the hole there was a moment of "sit down or stand up?" and the acknowledgement that standing up might still not happen if I tried. Tried anyway because failing lifts I've succeeded at before makes me angry and I sometimes just hammer through them with pure anger lol. I'm SURPRISED I managed it, it was definitely an effort PR!

• Like 4

BXGmDb.gif

what I did to this week

Week 2, Day 7

Inventory Culling

Good number considering the lack of movement today. Food quality was so-so, but not TOO shabby. Eggs and spinach again, homemade chicken breast & roasted garlic veggies for lunch, and then um, 13 oz of chocolate sorbet oops. Dinner was a protein-emergency of 2 scoops of my powder + frozen strawberries + almond milk (delicious, I love frozen strawberries in smoothies in summer)

About this sorbet tho. As an ice cream fiend, I promise I have tried many many many many diet ice creams in search of something that actually could replace the rich stuff on a regular basis. Most are crap, some are palatable enough but I would NEVER crave it. This brand of sorbet is different. The chamomile orange flavor is my favorite, and it's sweet and 350 cals per pint. It's basically just sugar orange ice, done well. But it's NOT creamy or like ice cream, so it's still just a replacement sweet treat, and doesn't hit the actual ice cream craving. Today I found "chocolate fix" which is a semi-creamy tasting chocolate sorbet. 480 cals per pint, but... WOW. So well done. THAT could actually replace ice cream on the regular (I'd still want the real thing now and again), and at less than half the cals. NICE. 

Grinding Skill Points

Did mah pushups

Nothing else though.

Day 16 completed!

Meat Mithkabobs

98g protein

team nofail

Mithra Stretchcat

Did some shoulder stretches and wrist flexibility exercises, was less vigorous on the lower body but I'm determined to sit in the low squat position every day. IF I determine that my bench press feels strong because of daily pushups, I wonder if adding some goblet squats everyday at a light weight would be good. And definitely working on ankle mobility and balance. There is no way I could pull off an overhead squat with good form. :/

Random Sidequest

Earned 17, spent 20 on games. Tried to go see Ghostbusters today but it was SOLD OUT WUT

Bought tickets ahead for tomorrow night.

Week 2 Summary!

Inventory Culling

Average: 1310 calories

A+++

This is ideal deficit for as little cardio as I did this week. Just about exactly 300 under TDEE.
Just 3 more weeks then back to our regular recomp schedule! AND GAINZ 

Grinding Skill Points

A+++

Did all my sessions, worked around work :)

Doing the thing, trying to get better at the thing.

Meat Mithkabobs

A

6/7 days successful. Falling SLIGHTLY short of that 100g target, but not enough to punish myself over.

Mithra Stretchcat

5/7 = B

So struggle

Random Sidequest

Currently in the positive at 33. Did not flip out and spend a bunch I didn't have this time.

Also was VERY kind to myself because of having to deal with unexpected house repair costs, momstuff, sisterstuff, work stuff, shark week, goblins, bears

got bear-wrestling points thrown in there to help deal with all the dealing to be done.

And now for the deload week of 5/3/1, which I will probably find annoying and boring, but Stick To The Program

(Yes, I timed deload week for shark week on purpose.)

• Like 1