• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

Miss Marissa does JUST 3 THINGS

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Which two books did you pick up? 

I'm trying to decide between picking up the next book club book (which doesn't meet again for almost a month) or finally finishing the last Game of Thrones book. Don't hate me but I stopped reading half-way through book 5 because the series was taking me 3 years to read and I needed a mental break. Our library has also put up that there is a "community read" which is "Born to Run"by Christopher McDougall. The book club book is "Where'd You Go Bernadette" by Maria Semple, and that sounds fascinating. So I guess I have 3 book choices. Life is hard!

Haha!!! Life IS hard :D

I am reading a crap ton of books right now. I picked up Alanna and wasn't feeling it and then some comics.

This is my goodreads profile which I keep pretty up-to-date 

On 8/12/2016 at 10:14 AM, miss_marissa said:

I am reading a crap ton of books right now. I picked up Alanna and wasn't feeling it and then some comics.

I added you as  a friend, but don't judge everything because some if it was for book club. ;) 

• Like 2

Just now, Taddea Zhaan said:

I added you as  a friend (I'm Julia as you may recall from my former life as fitjulia), but don't judge everything because some if it was for book club. ;) 

Majority of mine are graphic novels so don't judge me! :) hehe

You can always read all 3. I'm constantly reading 2 or 3 books and rotating between them.

36 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I added you I am a creepy stalker

(I'm the one with the yellow fireman's hat.)

• Like 2

Just now, ixaera said:

I added you I am a creepy stalker

(I'm the one with the yellow fireman's hat.)

You are not a creepy stalker. I wouldn't have shared my link if I didn't want people to add me :)

Day 4.4

1) Movement: did things. Walked through (modified) deadlift workout of my new program.

Spoiler

FitNotes Workout - Thursday 11th August 2016

** Buncha Fucking Warmup Shit **
- 1 rep

** Single Leg Deadlifts **
- 20.0 lbs x 6 reps
- 30.0 lbs x 6 reps [PR]
- 30.0 lbs x 6 reps
- 30.0 lbs x 6 reps
- 30.0 lbs x 6 reps
- 30.0 lbs x 6 reps

** Straight-Arm Band Pushdown **
- 11 reps
- 10 reps
- 14 reps

** One-armed Dumbbell Push Press **
- 20.0 lbs x 6 reps [PR]
- 15.0 lbs x 8 reps [PR]
- 15.0 lbs x 8 reps

** Banded Glute Bridge **
- 12 reps
- 12 reps
- 12 reps

** Hand Release Push Ups **
- 8 reps
- 10 reps
- 8 reps

** Side Bend **
- 15.0 lbs x 12 reps [PR]
- 20.0 lbs x 10 reps [PR]

** Spiderman In High Plank **
- 8 rep

2) Read 2 chapters of Alanna and some comics. A productive reading day.

Need to dedicate some time to my cosplay this weekend otherwise I won't have a cosplay for next weekend and I'll need to recycle one.

Do you recommend single leg deadlifts as an accessory?  (Well done on the PR!)

I'm doing RDL right now, but am concerned about one side being significantly weaker than the other, so single leg may be an option for me that I hadn't considered.

1 minute ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Do you recommend single leg deadlifts as an accessory?  (Well done on the PR!)

I'm doing RDL right now, but am concerned about one side being significantly weaker than the other, so single leg may be an option for me that I hadn't considered.

I did them here as a main lift because I was in my apartment gym (no barbell). So I used a dumbbell in each hand.

I do like them as an accessory for the hamstrings. I have particularly bad balance so I really struggle with them, but I think that is a good thing :) I anticipate it helping with gymnastics quite a bit.

If you are considering them, try some with just bodyweight because they are much harder than they seem. My hamstrings are quite sore today.

• Like 1

Yeah, single leg work is supposed to be pretty good for gymnastics. :D

I am inspired to make a Goodreads account finally after all this book chatter. I need recommendations soon too! 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2016 at 10:35 AM, raptron said:

Yeah, single leg work is supposed to be pretty good for gymnastics. :D

I am inspired to make a Goodreads account finally after all this book chatter. I need recommendations soon too! 

Doooo itttttt!!!!!

Day 4.5-4.7

1) Movement - Sunday helped a friend move furniture / unpack her house. I also rode my bike over there.

2) Reading - A little bit of reading each day! Over halfway done with Alanna and knocked a few comic books out.

I did all the adulting this weekend. Friday I sew'd (how do I even grammar this?!?!) some of my jacket, hoping to get it finished by this weekend for Chicago Wizard World, but that might not happen. We also have new neighbors (2 males, 24 & 26) who invited us over for drinks which was pretty fun.

Saturday went for breakfast with Mr. J and then cleaned for dayzzzzz! And I still didn't get cleaned everything I wanted to :( DeepcCleaned kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and living room, plus laundry. Still need to get to my car, upstairs bedroom and upstairs bathroom. Also, dropped off dry cleaning, went to grocery store, and met with someone about a volunteer opportunity. I'm not 100% sure about it, it sounds like it will be more commitment than I'm willing at this point. I also watched the women's all-around finals that I DVR'd earlier in the week. YEPPP. I cried a little when Aly finished her floor routine #noshame. 

Sunday napped and finished S1 of Battlestar Galactica (I know I'm like a decade behind on this, but I'm loving it). And then helped my friend and her house looks 1000% better than when we started. I'll have to go over again sometime next week to tackle the basement. Most of it was moving furniture around and into the right rooms so that they could start unpacking boxes.

Overall very good productive weekend!

• Like 3

Challenge wrap up!!!

I pretty much survived. Mostly.

I posted every day but weekends.

I moved, not as much as I should have, but I certainly tried.

I read almost every day. Days I didn't read, I deemed acceptable as busy enough doing other things.

Here's the next one:

• Like 7