• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

Miss Marissa does JUST 3 THINGS

8 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm going to pretend I didn't see that. There are THREE hopcat's in Michigan. 

Our waiter told us that they have been voted by Food Network top 10 french fries in America.

I don't think I've ate all the French fries in America, but of the fries I've ate so far I would agree with that assessment.

On 7/11/2016 at 2:06 PM, Grizzy said:

I can get super lazy, so with a challenge like this I would do the following:

-Wake up, walk to computer. Moving accomplished!

-Turn on computer. Read someone's post response. Reading accomplished!

-Respond "thanks" to aforementioned poster. Posting accomplished!

well, that would be simple..

• Like 1

Super glue will fix those shoes right up. The same thing happened to my shoes a couple of years ago, and I still have them.

Just dump a whole bunch all over the parts that are coming loose, and set a dumbell or something heavy on top for a while.

But then again... new shoes are new.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, miss_marissa said:

I'll keep you posted! Mine the sole has started to fall apart from the rest of the shoe. I happen to be wearing them to work today and took a picture for you.

b7d724386ab0bde75ba3e24705d3bb4d.jpg

Same thing happened to my last pair -- they usually start to fall apart in <1 year, but that's because they're my main pair of shoes.

Let me know if you try out the deadlift slippers! I've thought about getting them before, too. I don't like my converses for sumo deadlifts, in particular (not that I lift sumo that much).

• Like 1

On 7/15/2016 at 11:52 AM, TiffanyD said:

I really needed a laugh today, and this was perfect!  So thank you :D

Glad I can help! :)

On 7/16/2016 at 4:54 AM, Curl Brogo said:

Super glue will fix those shoes right up. The same thing happened to my shoes a couple of years ago, and I still have them.

Just dump a whole bunch all over the parts that are coming loose, and set a dumbell or something heavy on top for a while.

But then again... new shoes are new.

I think I might do that still, but I'm going to transition them from gym shoes to street shoes. As my street shoes are now 7 years old and after all the Pokemon Go I've been playing, I can tell they need replacing.

On 7/16/2016 at 7:36 AM, Alanna said:

Same thing happened to my last pair -- they usually start to fall apart in <1 year, but that's because they're my main pair of shoes.

Let me know if you try out the deadlift slippers! I've thought about getting them before, too. I don't like my converses for sumo deadlifts, in particular (not that I lift sumo that much).

I'll keep you posted! I deadlifted barefoot the other day to see if I would like it, but I didn't try sumo. I've still got a few weeks until payday before I can pull the trigger.

@Urgan perfect :)

• Like 4

Days 0.5, 0.6, 0.7

Movement 1) Friday caught some pokemon. Saturday and Sunday nothing that I would consider dedicated movement. Supposed to have gone to the gym Saturday, but it just didn't work out.

2) Finished Chrononauts vol 1 Friday. Read A LOT on Saturday as I had a whole 2 hour car ride (and home) to the football game, plus during warmups to read. Sunday didn't get around to any reading.

I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to get to the gym this summer. Part of it is Mr. J being on a different schedule than I am, so when he's home I want to spend time with him. Part the gym is pretty far away, which after a day at work seems daunting (maybe morning workouts are in my future?) The other part is it's so nice out I want to be outside and drink on patios.

• Like 4

Morning workouts seem like a reasonable option. What would work best with Mr J's schedule? 

Are there any "less than ideal cheap globo" gyms closer to you that could go to sometimes even if they are not the best option? 

Convince him to start lifting? 

50 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Morning workouts seem like a reasonable option. What would work best with Mr J's schedule? 

Are there any "less than ideal cheap globo" gyms closer to you that could go to sometimes even if they are not the best option? 

Convince him to start lifting? 

His schedule varies from week to week so it's hard to tell. His last football game should be coming up and he's mentioned wanting to get back into lifting once football is over. That should make it easier.

I'm trying to do my own programming starting in August and I'm structuring it so I can do 2 days at the gym with a barbell and then 1-2 more days I can do at my apartment gym with dumbbells and a cable machine and the dreaded cardios.

42 minutes ago, Rooks said:

HOME GYM!  You know you want it.

HOME GYM requires a home and not an apartment :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Excuses, excuses.  #trollpost

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

Surely your downstairs neighbors won't mind if you deadlift on their ceiling??? (Assuming you have downstairs neighbors.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Surely your downstairs neighbors won't mind if you deadlift on their ceiling??? (Assuming you have downstairs neighbors.)

This. Exactly this.

1 minute ago, Sam Ashen said:

@Rookiebeotch

Having worked out with RB, I know for a fact this is NOT TRUE. :D

He is also not the norm :)

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Having worked out with RB, I know for a fact this is NOT TRUE. :D

51 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

He is also not the norm :)

7 minutes ago, Rookiebeotch said:

That's the last thing I want to be. 

You have nothing to fear RB.

• Like 2

I can barely do tree pose let alone flip through the air, so I'm pretty sure you shouldn't worry if it wasn't your prettiest one. ;) 

• Like 1

I'm so jacked that it happened still!!!!! :D I keep watching it over and over!

Day 1.1

1) Movement - DID AWESOME TUMBLING THINGS ON THE FLOOR ALL ON MY OWN. Also did jumps and turns on beam, a small amount of conditioning, stretching and bars until I ripped (because I always seem to rip)

2) Reading - started reading The Martian (finally..... @Rookiebeotch) 2 chapters down. I also spent significantly longer at the library than I meant to because it is a poke stop and there is a yellow gym right next door that I had to beat.

I also tried a new recipe which was lentils and wine-glazed vegetables. It was very good. It also happened to be vegan. And decent on the protein despite being vegan. It will have to suffice because I have 4 servings of it left. I think if I make it again I will incorporate some meat (read: bacon) and that should help. But it was simple to make so it's in the recipe book now.

• Like 4