• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

Miss Marissa does JUST 3 THINGS

Ooh, another gymnast hiding amongst the iron. I bet DOMS is a significant feature in your life? The amount of times I have to plan workouts based on "what won't make me exhausted for my next gymnastics sesh?"...

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Sore, but it hurts so good, right? 

Yes, the best kind of sore.

15 hours ago, SymphonicDan said:

Ooh, another gymnast hiding amongst the iron. I bet DOMS is a significant feature in your life? The amount of times I have to plan workouts based on "what won't make me exhausted for my next gymnastics sesh?"...

It has been a serious issue lol I have to plan deadlifts after gymnastics so I don't trash my grip for bars. And then I've been too sore the days after gymnastics to do much of anything at all. It's a serious issue! Welcome :)

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Did you benchity bench bench bench? Think about your pecs. Your pecs are getting sad. Sad pecs. 

I think tonight benching is in the cards. I miss it.

Day 1.4

1) Movement - I ended up doing none of the things listed and went with an hour of yoga + some foam rolling instead. It was a wise decision. As soon as I put my gym clothes and shoes on it started DOWNPOURING. Like seriously, flash flood warnings. Mr. J came home from work saying the water at Menards was waist high and a dozen cars stalled/flooded. A good decision to stay home and workout in the living room.

Did a 20 minute full body flow and then a 40 minute "yoga for upper back" which was torturous during and I didn't think it was helping, but after I felt damn good.

2) Read more of The Martian. Seriously so good. @Rookiebeotch you can think of an appropriate punishment for me waiting this long to read it.

And seriously it's like exactly what I do at work!!!! Valves and sensors and plant growth and human life support in space :D Brilliant.

And just for fun, here is a new video of my other boyfriend the Mountain.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

I love your boyfriends commercial! AND I LOVE ICELAND MOUNTAIN VODKA! :D

Me too, I can relate. I totally flex my pecs when I eat my 12 eggs for breakfast. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

2) Read more of The Martian. Seriously so good. @Rookiebeotch you can think of an appropriate punishment for me waiting this long to read it.

500 day special meal plan. Only potatoes. You may use ketchup for the first 200 days.

I was in tears for the last few chapters. So much catharsis. That shitty book ruined reading for me. I read an A-list fantasy after it, and I was so disappointed, I haven't read anything since. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Me too, I can relate. I totally flex my pecs when I eat my 12 eggs for breakfast. 

56 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

And 1.4kg of beef in between

And according to Bro Science, nobody knows if a clean bulk works because nobody has ever tried a clean bulk.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rookiebeotch said:

500 day special meal plan. Only potatoes. You may use ketchup for the first 200 days.

I was in tears for the last few chapters. So much catharsis. That shitty book ruined reading for me. I read an A-list fantasy after it, and I was so disappointed, I haven't read anything since. 

AHHHH I hope it doesn't ruin it for me. I love it so far, but if that was the case I JUST CANT.

Yoga for the Upper Back when you have a tight upper back hurts. I should do that, actually... I feel like it's good for me. Or any yoga. I should do yoga. 

Your boyfriend's commercial makes me want to possibly try vodka again. And eat all the things. Ever. (I loved the 'training to fight the mountain' shirt - oh the irony)

The Martian was amazing, and I nerded out over most of it, but it didn't ruin books for me?

On 7/22/2016 at 0:50 PM, Rookiebeotch said:

@Rookiebeotch what kind of lame books are you reading?

I've read at least 12 books since then? (not including school stuff - that doesn't count). That is admittedly not a lot for me, but I've been a touch busy.

And I got more into video games. Details. 

MM - I feel like you'll be ok.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2016 at 2:19 PM, miss_marissa said:

AHHHH I hope it doesn't ruin it for me. I love it so far, but if that was the case I JUST CANT.

Loved it.  It did not ruin other books for me. 

I did, however, re-read it a month later because it was that good!

• Like 2

On 7/23/2016 at 3:05 PM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Loved it.  It did not ruin other books for me. 

I did, however, re-read it a month later because it was that good!

On 7/23/2016 at 1:23 PM, elvenengineer said:

Yoga for the Upper Back when you have a tight upper back hurts. I should do that, actually... I feel like it's good for me. Or any yoga. I should do yoga. 

Your boyfriend's commercial makes me want to possibly try vodka again. And eat all the things. Ever. (I loved the 'training to fight the mountain' shirt - oh the irony)

The Martian was amazing, and I nerded out over most of it, but it didn't ruin books for me?

@Rookiebeotch what kind of lame books are you reading?

I've read at least 12 books since then? (not including school stuff - that doesn't count). That is admittedly not a lot for me, but I've been a touch busy.

And I got more into video games. Details. 

MM - I feel like you'll be ok.

I'm about halfway through right now. Seriously love it.

Yoga for the upper back ughhhh. Such torture lol But necessary.

Day 1.5, 1.6, 1.7

1) Movement

Friday went for a walk at lunch, Saturday nothing, Sunday lifted some things: goblet squats, DB bench, abs, leg extensions, front plate raises, db ohp... I think that's it

2) Read

Lots of reading. The martian mostly. Also a TIME magazine.

This week will be busy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

Yoga for the upper back ughhhh. Such torture lol But necessary.

Sounds like a thing I could use, too.

• Like 1

Oooo, thanks for the yoga link *bookmarks site*

And I'm also searching for more sci-fi/fantasy books to read... time to see if my library has The Martian!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alanna said:

And I'm also searching for more sci-fi/fantasy books to read... time to see if my library has The Martian!

Ebook like a normal person from this century. 

• Like 2

First two pages, 

Copy and Paste! 

LOG ENTRY: SOL 6

I’m pretty much fucked. That’s my considered opinion. Fucked. Six days into what should be the greatest two months of my life, and it’s turned into a nightmare. I don’t even know who’ll read this. I guess someone will find it eventually. Maybe a hundred years from now. For the record…I didn’t die on Sol 6. Certainly the rest of the crew thought I did, and I can’t blame them. Maybe there’ll be a day of national mourning for me, and my Wikipedia page will say, “Mark Watney is the only human being to have died on Mars.” And it’ll be right, probably. ’Cause I’ll surely die here. Just not on Sol 6 when everyone thinks I did. Let’s see…where do I begin? The Ares Program. Mankind reaching out to Mars to send people to another planet for the very first time and expand the horizons of humanity blah, blah, blah. The Ares 1 crew did their thing and came back heroes. They got the parades and fame and love of the world. Ares 2 did the same thing, in a different location on Mars. They got a firm handshake and a hot cup of coffee when they got home. Ares 3. Well, that was my mission. Okay, not mine per se. Commander Lewis was in charge. I was just one of her crew. Actually, I was the very lowest ranked

• Like 4

Ebook like a normal person from this century. 

I'm old school when it comes to books ;). Also I do most of my reading right before bed, and I try to stay away from computer and phone screens an hour or two before that... though getting a kindle would solve that problem. Mostly I'm just old school.

Thanks for the sneak preview, though!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Alanna said:

I got mine from the library and they had about a bajillion copies. :)

I'm on Chapter 17 now out of 26, getting to the meat of it.

Day 2.1

1) Movement - gymnastics.

Low beam turns, jumps and cartwheels (landed one!). High beam mounting and dismounting. My first time on the high beam, significantly scarier than low beam, but not as scary as I thought it would be. I was able to do a cartwheel off the end so there's that.

Vault - handstand fall flats. Trying to work on my effed up timing with footwork. Hard when I only have 3 steps to run up to it.

Bars - tap swings + flyaways for all of 5 minutes until I ripped.

2) Read - more of the Martian :apple: <this is an apple, but imagine it is an alien

Today I pick up my dress for the wedding. I still have to determine my hair and makeup. Nails get done tomorrow.

The fridge is barren, but it seems like a waste to buy food when I will be gone Thursday night - Monday afternoon.

I'm wearing purple pants today and I hatched a Geodude on my way to work from a 2k egg and added that to my pokedex. Today's gonna be a good day.

• Like 11

Excellent work on the Martian reading.  I got so into that book I mowed through it 3 days.  I think day 1 I picked it up thinking I'd read a chapter or two and stopped about 150+ pages later. :)  Haha...

• Like 1