• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Volki

Volki The Zazen Samurai

tumblr_inline_myel9wOWO71qaw08j.gif

So this 4WC I am coming over from the Rangers to become a Warrior. I feel that I need to focus on just simply lifting and

chilling out more. I am going to use the strict determination and self control that a samurai displays for motivation this time.

The samurai were strong, intelligent and precise in their movements as well as grounded through Zen to make a well rounded warrior. Anyway here are my goals for this 4WC:

Lifting 3X a week:

I only have access to a rack of DBs still so my routines will revolve around this fact.

tumblr_inline_ndxfmkiVqd1t3yuk0.gif

Day 1:

• Squat 5X5 110#
  • Decline situp 5X5
  • Deadlift 5X5 150#
  • Good mornings 5X5 40#
  • Decline situp 5X5

Day 2: 

• Bench 5x5
  • OHP 5x5
  • 250#Weighted Pullups(50# backpack) 5x5  
  • Bent over Rows 5x5
  • 250#Weighted Chinups(50# backpack) 5x5  
  • DB Flys 5x5

Day 3 (BW day):

• 50 Prisoner Squats
  • 50 Pushups
  • 25 Jumps
  • 25 Stability Ball Leg Curls
  • 50 Stability Ball Jackknifes
  • 50 Step-ups 
  • 25 Pull-ups 
  • 50 Forward Lunges 
  • 50 Close-grip Pushups
  • 50 Inverted Rows
  • 50 Squats
  • 25 Chin-ups 

Swimming 2X a week:

I am going to  be following these swimming routines here:

http://100swimmingworkouts.com/#beginner 

I would like to finish all 10 by the end but I am shooting for 8 by the end.

dc1f913e418144f19cdf3c9c47c93b57.jpg 

Zazen Meditation 5X a week at least 10 mins

I recently started this meditation and it seems to help with relaxing me and getting me ready for the day.

51bf882c5bf0d5f3743f391688221813.jpg

5am Wake up 5X a week

I recently read The Miracle Morning and I really need to work on waking up early enough during the week. If I wake up early then the rest of my day usually falls in line nicely.

46a2fb8cb5d939e079d99c57466c4853.jpg

Linux 3X a week

I am working towards getting into Linux and I just started the Linux academy. I need to work on the training videos so that way i can work my way up to getting my Linux + certification.

370246.png

Journaling 5X a week

I started using Penzu.com for an online journal. I believe that writing in a journal will help me organize my thoughts alot better and stay focused.

zp_samurai-writing-a-poem-on-a-flowering

• Like 9

I just created a Centos 7 (RedHat 64) VM. I am starting from scratch on learning Linux. I have a been a windows admin for about 6yrs now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Following. 

This challenge will be awesome for you!  I like the meditation aspect - very cool. 

Welcome! 

Thanks! Yeah it is surprisingly difficult to sit in silence for 10 minutes without letting my mind go down all sorts of tangents 

11 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following again. The warriors cannot hide you from me.

Lol no worries I still love all my Ranger friends :D

• Like 2

Hey brother! I found you! Awesome challenge you got going on and definitely suits you. Lift and chill-not a bad way to go about business :) I may steal some of those swim workouts later on. I had to look up Linux training but it seems that it will help expand what you do for your job and thensome. Very, very cool.

I'm also getting the urge that we need to kick it soon! I'm gonna try and come down before summer ends :)

Wolf

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Hey brother! I found you! Awesome challenge you got going on and definitely suits you. Lift and chill-not a bad way to go about business :) I may steal some of those swim workouts later on. I had to look up Linux training but it seems that it will help expand what you do for your job and thensome. Very, very cool.

I'm also getting the urge that we need to kick it soon! I'm gonna try and come down before summer ends :)

Wolf

Hell yeah man lift, chill and swim is the way to go for me right now. Yeah that website even has some routines for your shoulders if I am not mistaken.

I am using https://linuxacademy.com/ to study Linux. Linux is awesome and definitely worth the effort to learn. I went through a Hackers bootcamp when I used to work for NSA

and it was so much fun. But yeah man it would be real fun to meet up again and chill.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Volki said:

Hell yeah man lift, chill and swim is the way to go for me right now. Yeah that website even has some routines for your shoulders if I am not mistaken.

I am using https://linuxacademy.com/ to study Linux. Linux is awesome and definitely worth the effort to learn. I went through a Hackers bootcamp when I used to work for NSA

and it was so much fun. But yeah man it would be real fun to meet up again and chill.

I will definitely look into the shoulder stuff. Heck yeah man, Hacker Bootcamp??? That sounds badass! I'm gonna delve into that site more once I get home, but I would love to learn more about computers and "hacking" lol...cuz it just sounds swanky! You suggest I start from the beginning I'm assuming?

It would be a blast-don't undersell it brother ;) Next time we'll go climbing or something and THEN go out for drinks lol. Might need to bring my single brother to "Dance Ward" all the chica's off. We're married men and can't be dealing with that mess lol.

Wolf

• Like 1

Just now, Wild Wolf said:

I will definitely look into the shoulder stuff. Heck yeah man, Hacker Bootcamp??? That sounds badass! I'm gonna delve into that site more once I get home, but I would love to learn more about computers and "hacking" lol...cuz it just sounds swanky! You suggest I start from the beginning I'm assuming?

It would be a blast-don't undersell it brother ;) Next time we'll go climbing or something and THEN go out for drinks lol. Might need to bring my single brother to "Dance Ward" all the chica's off. We're married men and can't be dealing with that mess lol.

Wolf

Lol yeah with computers its hard to make it through the beginning boring stuff but after that it gets fun :D

The Linux Academy is a paid website but I am pretty sure you could find some stuff that doesn't cost anything. Just hit me up if you have questions and i will use my newbie knowledge to help how I can. I need to get a mountain bike too cuz i used to love going mountain biking and I know you just went and had a blast.

• Like 1

So I got a little Zen practice in today, some writing and a couple more sections of the Linux academy finished. Also I took the kids out to ride their scooters around the apartment while I chased them on my skateboard. So over all a good day, i just need to work on this waking up on time thing so I have a good start for the challenge, not to mention get back on a more organized lifting schedule. Tomorrow will be better.

• Like 5

comic-book-movies-and-tv-series-to-strea

Here to enjoy the show, been thinking about hopping into the warriors for a challenge, so looking at this like some sort of beta ;) 

Good luck on the Linux stuff, i did it a few years ago (LPI1) but only the basics. It can become quite overwhelming, and for me it was a nuisance that i couldn't fin (figure out) all the stuff, while Windows almost has no secrets to me... Good luck!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mr_willes said:

comic-book-movies-and-tv-series-to-strea

Here to enjoy the show, been thinking about hopping into the warriors for a challenge, so looking at this like some sort of beta ;) 

Good luck on the Linux stuff, i did it a few years ago (LPI1) but only the basics. It can become quite overwhelming, and for me it was a nuisance that i couldn't fin (figure out) all the stuff, while Windows almost has no secrets to me... Good luck!

Awesome come on over :)

Sweet I am enjoying Linux so far so hopefully it won't become overwhelming.

• Like 1

KindHighBeagle.gif

I switched days 1&2 for this week 

• Bench 5x5.                        65#DBs
  • OHP 5x5                            40#DBs
  • 250#Weighted Pullups 5x5  
  • Bent over Rows 5x5        75# DBs
  • 250#Weighted Chinups 5x5  
  • DB Flys 5x5                       25# DBs
  • Like 4

Hi

Following along. Wandered into the thread when I saw the word samurai!

How do you find the zazen meditation?

P.S awesome signature quote is awesome ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kvedulf said:

Hi

Following along. Wandered into the thread when I saw the word samurai!

How do you find the zazen meditation?

P.S awesome signature quote is awesome ;)

Thank you :)

I really enjoy it and I know it is definitely helping me practice focusing my mind on whatever task I am doing. In essence it is simple, just sit there and stare at the wall for ten minutes and focus on your breath. In reality it's pretty tough fighting against the ADHD brain as it goes off on tangents. I try to use what I learn when I lift to focus on each movement. I recommend it for anyone, 10mins a day will do wonders. Thanks for following!

• Like 3

Did you get lost in the forums this month?

Following for reasons. All the swimming this challenge is making me jones for a good lap pool.

• Like 3

Here for early morningness. I secretly wish I was getting up at 5:00 am on the regular, getting in workouts before work would be stellar. It's the going to bed by 9:00 p.m. part that I struggle with, the 9:00 p.m. and having a social life on the weekends... 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Lifting and meditating sounds like a great way to improve on so many issues! Following :) 

Thanks :D I think its helping with the motivation slump from the previous weeks

2 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Here for early morningness. I secretly wish I was getting up at 5:00 am on the regular, getting in workouts before work would be stellar. It's the going to bed by 9:00 p.m. part that I struggle with, the 9:00 p.m. and having a social life on the weekends... 

Lol yeah I should probably be going to bed at 9 as well but I still usually manage to stay up until midnight. I usually put my phone across the room so i at least have to get up to turn it off which helps.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Volki said:

Lol yeah I should probably be going to bed at 9 as well but I still usually manage to stay up until midnight. I usually put my phone across the room so i at least have to get up to turn it off which helps.

Haha! I do the same stuff. Gotta make my ass get outta bed!

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

All the swimming this challenge is making me jones for a good lap pool.

I'm glad I laid low on my own swimming challenge and saved it-but I'm jonesing too!

I think I may end up paying for that Linux Academy. It would expand my knowledge and maybe help me get a better job, who knows. And the word "hacker" has just been stuck in my mind since you mentioned it. Teach me your hacker ways, O mighty one ;) 

1579feb3e44c8e658aac136445720687.jpg

Edit: Quick thought too...your code name would be the "Swole Hacker" ;) 

Wolf

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Haha! I do the same stuff. Gotta make my ass get outta bed!

I'm glad I laid low on my own swimming challenge and saved it-but I'm jonesing too!

I think I may end up paying for that Linux Academy. It would expand my knowledge and maybe help me get a better job, who knows. And the word "hacker" has just been stuck in my mind since you mentioned it. Teach me your hacker ways, O mighty one ;) 

1579feb3e44c8e658aac136445720687.jpg

Edit: Quick thought too...your code name would be the "Swole Hacker" ;) 

Wolf

Lol hell yeah man I.T is funner than ppl think and most of the people I have ever worked with have been pretty cool. Linux is the way to go I think for the shnazier jobs. If you end up doing it let me know! 

On a side note I drank the cult kool aid and downloaded Pokemon go. It's alright so far I just dnt want to be super obsessed like some people and run into traffic or running around at night looking for some lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Volki said:

Lol hell yeah man I.T is funner than ppl think and most of the people I have ever worked with have been pretty cool. Linux is the way to go I think for the shnazier jobs. If you end up doing it let me know! 

On a side note I drank the cult kool aid and downloaded Pokemon go. It's alright so far I just dnt want to be super obsessed like some people and run into traffic or running around at night looking for some lol

The laundromat I go to is in a kind of not so nice looking strip mall and yesterday i was like "what are these well-to-do people doing wandering through here?" oh yeah, staring at their phones.... haha. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

The laundromat I go to is in a kind of not so nice looking strip mall and yesterday i was like "what are these well-to-do people doing wandering through here?" oh yeah, staring at their phones.... haha. 

Lol I just have it at my desk and I had it on when I was walking to one of my other work sites and just went after the ones that popped up, idk about wondering around shady areas :D

pokemans.jpg

• Like 3