• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Volki

Volki The Zazen Samurai

On 8/4/2016 at 4:27 AM, mr_willes said:

Somehow you were swept off my radar, good to see you are doing great! And there will come a day i can complete your BW workout!

He man yeah I think I was swept off my own radar :P 

You can do it! oh I found out there is an even harder one called the 750 0.o im not sure if I am ready for all of that lol

I hadn't realized it has been a week already and I haven't posted any updates :/

So to make it short:

WEEK 3?

CHECK

So last week I completed all of my goals but the motivation train was not doing so hot due to being tired from work and starting

to get ready to move next month (same city just nicer apartments). Everything is going pretty well, I am expecting a small bump in pay coming 

my way soon. I realized that it has almost been a year that I have been back on NF after about a year away (due to being away for work and working over 100 hrs a week)

and things have definitely improved for me now that I sit back and remember how I was just a few short months ago. Anyway I hope to finish out this last week strong

and get things rollin on this move.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Volki said:

and things have definitely improved for me now that I sit back and remember how I was just a few short months ago. Anyway I hope to finish out this last week strong

giphy.gif

• Like 2

On 8/8/2016 at 8:32 AM, Volki said:

and get things rollin on this move.

So how did the last week go? and when are you moving?

• Like 1

On 7/28/2016 at 8:29 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

39 minutes ago, maegs said:

So how did the last week go? and when are you moving?

Oops I fell off the face of the Earth again didn't I?! Thanks for everyone checking in! I move next month to a nicer apartment for the same price. The only bad side is the apts I live in now won't let us out of the 60 day notice any easier so we have to pay double rent I  September ;( so because of this my wife and I have the finances in overdrive working OT and making a detailed budget. Anyway the week went decently well. 

I completed my lifts but the rest suffered due to being stressed the hell out. I believe I have everything reigned in and the "oh shit!" Moments have passed lol 

So overall the challenge was a success!!

But due to the fact that I have been on a nonstop 4\6 week challenge binge for almost a year back to back I am going to take a lil break until the move is over.

I am still going to workout and do some more bodyweight routines but my focus is on this move. I plan on checking in more next challenge but I won't do one for myself. Anyway good luck everyone and keep kicking ass! Til next time!

JGLCheers.gif

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Do what works for you!

You work out at your apartment gym now, right?  Does the new place have a gym?

Bummer about paying twice.  Jerks.

Yep it has a gym but unfortunately the DBs aren't as good and only go up to 50# ;( oh well I will make it work.

Thanks yeah I am tired of moving for sure. Counting the times I moved when I was a kid this is probably move #20 lol we move pretty much every year.

Oh I got offered a full-time position with Dell so it might be a lil tricky switching from getting paid every Thurs to every other week. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Volki said:

Oh I got offered a full-time position with Dell so it might be a lil tricky switching from getting paid every Thurs to every other week. 

Congratulations!  Are you looking forward to starting?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Volki said:

What are you gonna be doing at Dell. I think about 80% of all of our servers are Dell and we just started transitioning from Dell-Workstations to Intel NUC's.

Paid every week, every other week? Over here almost everybody gets paid on a monthly base...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_willes said:

What are you gonna be doing at Dell. I think about 80% of all of our servers are Dell and we just started transitioning from Dell-Workstations to Intel NUC's.

Paid every week, every other week? Over here almost everybody gets paid on a monthly base...

I am basically a glorified helpdesk tech. We support a group of hospitals here in Austin. Damn every month would definitely take some planning. 

6eed2e556663d22ef15ef9e19b3c9ac3.jpg

But I am still messing around with linux and I hope to get my linux + soon so I can move on up :D

Ive been using centos7, mint, ubuntu, and manjaro.

One day I will grow up to be L337 lol

QkWoZmx.gif

• Like 4

hmmmm so I might have lied about not doing a challenge this time around.

I am thinking of switching back to a primarily BW focus the next couple ms until I can get into this amazing 

gym thats only 30$ a month and is nothing bunch benches and squat racks as far the eye can see.

They even have 100# Olympic plates! So Iafter this move I need to see if I can work it into the budget and schedule because they ae only open 9-9 and I am watching the kids right after work.

Anyway, I plan on doing a harder variation of my previous 500BW routine.

I am planning on doing a 1K version:

http://ezinearticles.com/?TT-Bodyweight-1000-Workout&id=3643686

Also I have been picking up some steam with Linux + and I want to keep up my training so I can get ready for the cert test.

My only issue it seems is focusing on BW with only 1 DB day a week, should I stay with the warriors or hang out with the rangers again until

I can get back in the gym. (inb4# it doesn't really matter which guild i'm in, its wherever I wanna be)

• Like 3

hmm maybe if I alter the 1k routine to include my 50# sandbag (ducktape egg the size of a basketball with 50# of sand inside that i put in my ruck) it would be considered more along the lines of lifting weights and not strictly BW

well after talking to myself out loud lol I decided to stick with warriors this challenge again and will probably do this:

(suggestions on alt moves are welcome also I will do some practice runs during zero week to see if anything needs to get tweaked)

The Bodyweight 1000

100 Juping Jacks
25 Close Grip Pushups
25 Jumps
25 Pull-ups
100 Sandbag Squats
25 Stick Ups
50 alt bicycle Crunches 
100 Close Grip Pushups
50 Walking Lunges
50 sandbag rows
50 reverse Crunch
100 alt bicycle Crunches
50 Diamond Pushups
25 sandbag rows
50 alt Mountain Climbers
50 Sandbag Squats
25 Chin-ups
100 Jumping Jacks

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Volki said:

hmm maybe if I alter the 1k routine to include my 50# sandbag (ducktape egg the size of a basketball with 50# of sand inside that i put in my ruck) it would be considered more along the lines of lifting weights and not strictly BW

well after talking to myself out loud lol I decided to stick with warriors this challenge again and will probably do this:

(suggestions on alt moves are welcome also I will do some practice runs during zero week to see if anything needs to get tweaked)

The Bodyweight 1000

100 Juping Jacks
25 Close Grip Pushups
25 Jumps
25 Pull-ups
100 Sandbag Squats
25 Stick Ups
50 alt bicycle Crunches 
100 Close Grip Pushups
50 Walking Lunges
50 sandbag rows
50 reverse Crunch
100 alt bicycle Crunches
50 Diamond Pushups
25 sandbag rows
50 alt Mountain Climbers
50 Sandbag Squats
25 Chin-ups
100 Jumping Jacks

Dude, you could probably do that twice a week starting out while you're getting in more Linux+ and then if you feel like you wanna add another day later on, go for it. Absolutely do what works with your schedule so you can be successful :) 

Sounds intense dude! I remember you saying the BW500 was pretty gnarly. It'll be good grip strength with all the sand bag stuff and rucking is always good too. Test it out, adjust and press forward. WWSD (What would Sevro do?)

W0lf

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grymm said:

I just got tired reading that.

Me too, thinking about doing the workout still counts right?

2 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Dude, you could probably do that twice a week starting out while you're getting in more Linux+ and then if you feel like you wanna add another day later on, go for it. Absolutely do what works with your schedule so you can be successful :) 

Sounds intense dude! I remember you saying the BW500 was pretty gnarly. It'll be good grip strength with all the sand bag stuff and rucking is always good too. Test it out, adjust and press forward. WWSD (What would Sevro do?)

W0lf

yeah thats what I was thinking. Anyway ill post the next challenge on here once I make it. Thanks

• Like 2