• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Volki

Volki The Zazen Samurai

After work i took the kids to the pool and decided to do one of the swimming routines:

• 2 x 50 yards crawl warmup 
    (rest between laps if needed)
  • 4 x 25 yards crawl counting strokes per length 
    (try to keep an even number of strokes)
  • 4 x 50 crawl resting :30 between each lap 
    (try to hit the same time on each lap)
  • 4 x 25 yards crawl counting strokes per length 
    (try to keep an even number of strokes)
  • 2 x 50 crawl warmdown 
    (swim slowly and relax)

It was tough and by no means gracefully done but I liked it a lot. Also on a side note I decided to uninstall the Pokemon Go app tonight.

I know it is just a game but I know myself and I was already becoming way to attached to that game. So in the interest of staying on track I decided to get rid of it. It is definitely a fun game and I appreciate that it has people out and moving, the problem is when the game become your new reality and that is all you pay attention to. Anyway lol it was fun while it lasted!

• Like 7

I'm proud of you for thinking critically about what is best for your physical and mental health. Oh and also for doing that kick ass swim routine. It's a form a fitness that seems like is often ignored. I ignore it myself, but I have had aquatic therapy (physical therapy) and swimming has so many health benefits. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm proud of you for thinking critically about what is best for your physical and mental health. Oh and also for doing that kick ass swim routine. It's a form a fitness that seems like is often ignored. I ignore it myself, but I have had aquatic therapy (physical therapy) and swimming has so many health benefits. 

Thanks :D yes swimming definitely kicked my butt. I enjoyed it and I am at the pool almost everyday anyway because my kids are obsessed with playing in the pool lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Volki said:

Also on a side note I decided to uninstall the Pokemon Go app tonight.

I know it is just a game but I know myself and I was already becoming way to attached to that game. So in the interest of staying on track I decided to get rid of it. It is definitely a fun game and I appreciate that it has people out and moving, the problem is when the game become your new reality and that is all you pay attention to. Anyway lol it was fun while it lasted!

This may be the most grown up thing I've seen you do, sir. I know myself that well too that if it starts to effect my work then I know I don't need it. Even if I convince myself its for the boys lol. Smart move brother. Stay on track! As soon as I slog through the 43 hours on A+, I'm gonna tinker around with Linux+ because I want the shnazier jobs ;) 

Wolf

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wild Wolf said:

This may be the most grown up thing I've seen you do, sir. I know myself that well too that if it starts to effect my work then I know I don't need it. Even if I convince myself its for the boys lol. Smart move brother. Stay on track! As soon as I slog through the 43 hours on A+, I'm gonna tinker around with Linux+ because I want the shnazier jobs ;) 

Wolf

Lol yes sir :D do it! I am still working through Linux Essentials which is a step down from Linux+ to get me more familiarized with using Linux.

Also since you are here @Emerald_Dragonfly tagged me to do the 22day pushup challenge:

Day 1: 22 push-ups complete; I challenge:

@Wild Wolf

‪#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Volki said:

Lol yes sir :D do it! I am still working through Linux Essentials which is a step down from Linux+ to get me more familiarized with using Linux.

Also since you are here @Emerald_Dragonfly tagged me to do the 22day pushup challenge:

Day 1: 22 push-ups complete; I challenge:

@Wild Wolf

‪#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it.

4012225.jpg?543

Hmmmmm....who to challenge first now that I'm in the game....? 

tumblr_o5xnhlmJXE1v16trwo1_500.gif

Wolf

• Like 4

On 7/12/2016 at 10:34 AM, Wild Wolf said:n
3 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

You cannot hide from me even though you reside in a different guildhall, son!

Lol I wouldn't dream of hiding from a BardBarian such as yourself. I like to think of it as being a Ranger and venturing off to have new adventures with new warriors :)

giphy.gif

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Volki said:

Lol I wouldn't dream of hiding from a BardBarian such as yourself. I like to think of it as being a Ranger and venturing off to have new adventures with new warriors :)

Good call, brother.  As Rangers go, I've often leaned toward the Warrior Side of things due to my predilection for strength and distaste for cardio, but I'm Jack-of-all-Trades to a fault.  So I had to go invent my own character class to suit that personality.  :P

tumblr_lqlbt4sp9o1qjj9gj.gif

I have been watching a lot of gameplay videos from For Honor so your Samurai theme and my barbarian/Viking seem to be right in line!

• Like 3

On 7/12/2016 at 6:26 AM, Kvedulf said:

Hi

Following along. Wandered into the thread when I saw the word samurai!

How do you find the zazen meditation?

P.S awesome signature quote is awesome ;)

Same here.  Saw Samurai.... came rushing in. :)  Great goals.  Love me some Linux.  My personal jam is Linux Mint at the moment, although work just got me this MacBook Pro, so I'm learning that at the moment.  

Subbing to see the samurai ways.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Good call, brother.  As Rangers go, I've often leaned toward the Warrior Side of things due to my predilection for strength and distaste for cardio, but I'm Jack-of-all-Trades to a fault.  So I had to go invent my own character class to suit that personality.  :P

tumblr_lqlbt4sp9o1qjj9gj.gif

I have been watching a lot of gameplay videos from For Honor so your Samurai theme and my barbarian/Viking seem to be right in line!

Yeah that game looks so cool!

Yeah I will learn the way of the Samurai but still keep in touch with you guys in the Ranger camp :)

tumblr_naj9xnBlKz1ttobouo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, Rooks said:

Same here.  Saw Samurai.... came rushing in. :)  Great goals.  Love me some Linux.  My personal jam is Linux Mint at the moment, although work just got me this MacBook Pro, so I'm learning that at the moment.  

Subbing to see the samurai ways.  

Thanks :) yeah I am just starting with Linux essentials. I hope to learn some more so I can get into pen testing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Volki said:

Thanks :) yeah I am just starting with Linux essentials. I hope to learn some more so I can get into pen testing.

Very cool.  I need to do more learning about cyber security as well.  Awesome.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rooks said:

Very cool.  I need to do more learning about cyber security as well.  Awesome.  

Do you work as a Linux admin? Or is Linux more of an interest? I am ready to move on from being a windows help desk tech!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Things are hapenning!!!! 

(Oh Hai!)

zukvh1I.gif

HAI! :D

Things are definitely happening

11ee9be68cc77087f9ae0f1c62b0991a.jpg

So yesterday was pretty chill nothing too much to report. I just started working 2 hours earlier M-F to get more overtime. So now I will work 6am-430p SOO that means a 4am gym session. I have faith lol it did not happen today at allthough

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Volki said:

SOO that means a 4am gym session. I have faith

You can do it, Volki! 

Do it tomorrow (or the next day you have planned) and then log on here and give us a two word post immediately afterward telling us how awesome you are. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

You can do it, Volki! 

Do it tomorrow (or the next day you have planned) and then log on here and give us a two word post immediately afterward telling us how awesome you are. 

Thanks :D yeah I plan on knocking out my leg day tomorrow morning before work. I just went to bed a little too late last night helping my wife with some work stuff so I ended up oversleeping my gym alarm. At least I made it into work at 6am like I planned. I wish the hospital had a gym that i could use, it would make things a lot easier. Oh well, tomorrow I'll get back to killin it!

• Like 3

Follow Jocko Willink on twitter for 4:30am wake-ups calls. :)  That said he's on the west coast so not sure if that helps.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Volki said:

giphy.gif

Not in IT but we do training/support for the EDRMS, and the number of times I have wanted to bang my head on the desk, the wall, the closest surface...

(EDRMS = electronic document and record management system)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Flex Luthor said:

New warrior? Welcome to hell.

giphy.gif

Thanks I will enjoy my stay in hell with all you fine Warriors :)

tim_the_doritos_samurai_by_crazybucket12

7 hours ago, maegs said:

Not in IT but we do training/support for the EDRMS, and the number of times I have wanted to bang my head on the desk, the wall, the closest surface...

(EDRMS = electronic document and record management system)

Exactly lol I am sure you get questions that make you wonder how they even survived this long :P

2 hours ago, Grizzy said:

Oh god, I start work at 9 and I'm ready to leave by 4:30.

I know it was a struggle and many cups of coffee were had today! 

51Qi%2B6buqcL._SY300_.jpg

• Like 1