Session 4 within the Asylum (Maddie Hatter)

Maddie Hatter

SESSION 4

July 17 - August 13

It is the start of a new session period and we are placing the bar for Maddie to become a little bit more active and less angry. She has been struggling in getting her anger under control due to forces outside of her hands. With that, here is the plan for the next four weeks.

Physical Activities

• Aim for 7,000 steps per day

• Perform (at least) 1/week, Critical Role Fitness Game* 

Consumption 

• 1 Glass of Water after any other drink not water 

Creativity & Wellbeing

• Meditate for 15 minutes each night

Reporting

During the course of the session period, Maddie or an official will complete how well she has done from the last login. Grading at the end of the session period as followed:

• A (100% Complete): All XP points awarded

• B (99 – 80% Complete): 75% XP Points awarded

• C (79 – 60% Complete): 50% XP Points awarded

• D (59 – 40% Complete): 25% XP Points awarded

• Below D (<40% Complete): No XP Points awarded

PVP Participant

• TBD

Accountabilibuddies

Motivation

• Mini-Madness (and the blood test results)

Tools & Information

• Jawbone Up2 Fitness Tracker

• Pokémon Go

• Critical Role Drinking Game transformed into Fitness Game*

Critical Role Fitness Game

Critical Role Fitness Game - Google Doc

Boring User Stuff

Spoiler

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Physical Activities

• Perform (at least) 1/week, Critical Role Fitness Game 

Consumption 

Creativity & Wellbeing

Entry Days

17 18 19 20 21 22 23

24 25 26 27 28 29 30

31 01 02 03 04 05 06

07 08 09 10 11 12 13

• Like 3

I love the Critical Role Fitness game and will be participating at once!

If you are using meditation as a method to reduce anger (particularly if that anger is person directed), I recommend a compassion (or loving-kindness) meditation. Here* is a description with a guided version.

*Disclaimer: I have not listened to the guided version and, as such, am not necessarily endorsing its use. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evicious said:

That fitness game looks interesting! Do you have a special set of exercises per roll/role?

I am always open to suggestions as this is a WIP but I figured that

1. Each character will focus on a specific area of the body to work out on (e.g. Grog would be maybe All-Body appointed exercises)
  2. There will be various suggestions (e.g. Grog would be planks (normal, sides) & any version of burpee)
  3. either choose a character to follow or...
  4. If you go the route of go with the flow of the show and not a specific character, you can
    1. watch the whole show and tally up your workout at the end
    2. if you are going to do this while the show is in session, do what you can not at the flow of the show.

Other than that, I am open to suggestions.

• Like 1

I think going with the flow of the show (whether you tally up at the end or workout through the viewing) is more likely to give a consistent workout. Otherwise you may end up with very little to do, if your chosen character has limited screen-time for that episode. I suppose you could allow for the switching of characters to counteract that... but if you assign particular areas of the body to each character, you may end up with some... interesting... exercise combinations. :P

• Like 1

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

9 minutes ago, Evicious said:

I think going with the flow of the show (whether you tally up at the end or workout through the viewing) is more likely to give a consistent workout. Otherwise you may end up with very little to do, if your chosen character has limited screen-time for that episode. I suppose you could allow for the switching of characters to counteract that... but if you assign particular areas of the body to each character, you may end up with some... interesting... exercise combinations. :P

Yeah - I was thinking of the inconsistency that could occur if taking the path of following a specific character but am leaning towards the flow of the show. If I don't have some idea posted in an hour or so, I will have it tonight and give it a test run/workout. 

• Like 1
On 7/11/2016 at 1:38 PM, Jessebel said:

I love the Critical Role Fitness game and will be participating at once!

16 hours ago, Evicious said:

That fitness game looks interesting!

I have yet to test it, but I have added the google doc of the game in current state within the main topic thread. I'm going to give it a shot and provide my example probably tomorrow (excuse my awesome questionable tired rambling) but feedback and suggestions are always welcomed.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Physical Activities

• Aim for 7,000 steps per day  ✓ 10243 steps. Thank you Pokemon Go. 
  • Perform (at least) 1/week, Critical Role Fitness Game  ✗ To be performed in near future.

Consumption 

• 1 Glass of Water after any other drink not water  ✓ 3 16oz Bottles.

Creativity & Wellbeing

• Meditate for 15 minutes each night  ✓ Nearly lost my patience during dinner - took that moment while waiting for food to tune out and step into self.

• Like 1

If you want, I can find all the videos I used while I was meditating on compassion.  I found a lot of them that I didn't embed into my first challenge.

If it is not going to take much time, would be awesome. I have never been so unbalance in my life with this matter. Family were sitting next to some visiting foreigners and with the parents behind us, next to us was the whole caboose of kids. They were being kids but holy crap, it was eating me away to not suddenly scream at them. Felt like the waitress from Waiting.

From the voices in my head.

Cleveland Clinic's empathy video which I like because it demonstrates how to see an alternate story.  See, we tell ourselves stories about other people in order to justify, and sometimes amplify, our negative emotions toward them.  We tell ourselves that what they're doing and how we feel about it is something that they're doing to us, but what if we told ourselves a better story, a more compassionate story?  Wouldn't we at least be more inclined to wait and see?  This video helps me to see that other people are just like me, that real humans don't come with captions to tell me all the things they're holding inside, all the things I don't know.

Pass it on video that I like.  It makes me feel good to think that, if I stop and do someone a kind thing, it might be passed on.  And it puts me in a better mood than being a bitch would do.

Centrality of compassion with the Dalai Lama.  It's really long, and I listened to it while coloring in a coloring book, which kept my hands busy without requiring much brain attention.

Conversations on compassion with Eckhart Tolle  Another long one.  Seriously, invest in a coloring book and some fine-tipped markers and pencils.

Conversations on compassion with Thich Nhat Hanh  I really like this guy. 

I usually go for the longest talks, because I don't like getting these conversations in bits and pieces, it loses context.  Just try to get through the long-winded introductions.  All of these videos should pop up more like it in the sidebar on Youtube.  I'd suggest browsing those suggested videos.  You can also search under "conversations compassion," which should bring up more, as well. 

• Like 2

I read your challenge again, and noticed that you gave yourself fifteen minutes to meditate.  If you can give yourself an hour and a half, maybe watch one of these videos instead of a tv show you normally watch, I think you'd benefit more from watching the videos all the way through at least once rather than one part at a time.  You really don't want to lose context.  Listening to them, thinking about what's being said, is a kind of rational meditation.  And you can listen to them more than once, getting accustomed to the words and the cadence, letting it sink in a little more each time. 

You can use the youtube converter to make an MP3 to play while exercising, or cooking, or whatever, and then meditate on them for your given fifteen minutes.

• Like 1

Monday, July 18, 2016

Physical Activities

• Aim for 7,000 steps per day  ✓ 8456 steps.
  • Perform (at least) 1/week, Critical Role Fitness Game  ✗ To be performed in near future.

Consumption 

• 1 Glass of Water after any other drink not water  ✓ 4 16oz Bottles.

Creativity & Wellbeing

• Meditate for 15 minutes each night  /Was able to stick in a quick 5 minutes but later in the night, was so tired from walking in the boiling sun, crashed out.
18 hours ago, tienlong said:

I read your challenge again, and noticed that you gave yourself fifteen minutes to meditate.  If you can give yourself an hour and a half, maybe watch one of these videos instead of a tv show you normally watch, I think you'd benefit more from watching the videos all the way through at least once rather than one part at a time.  You really don't want to lose context.  Listening to them, thinking about what's being said, is a kind of rational meditation.  And you can listen to them more than once, getting accustomed to the words and the cadence, letting it sink in a little more each time. 

You can use the youtube converter to make an MP3 to play while exercising, or cooking, or whatever, and then meditate on them for your given fifteen minutes.

Thanks for posting the links and the suggestion. TV is normally stuck on Sprout Channel (so I can get a little bit of food in me) and turned off when xenomorph is down for the nap/sleep but I can shift some gaming time into meditating. I will probably convert and keep clips on the phone to 'tap out and unwind' since I tend to loose my cool or stuck in a location I don't want to be (which happens to be a lot of time standing with eyes twitching). Thanks again @tienlong :)

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Physical Activities

• Aim for 7,000 steps per day  ✗ 2081. Today was not a good day as I feel miserable and tried to nurse whatever this is, with a xenomorph that decided to have some tantrums. With that, I took my activity band off for most of the day.
  • Perform (at least) 1/week, Critical Role Fitness Game  ✗ Not yet.

Consumption 

• 1 Glass of Water after any other drink not water ✓ Pretty much water all day.

Creativity & Wellbeing

• Meditate for 15 minutes each night  ✓ Almost an hour (and still counting really)
Two out of three isn't bad! I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Pollyanna - I always seem to forget I'm a human barometer and feel like poo when high pressure ventures to my home. Freaking monsoon season.

From the voices in my head.

• Like 1

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Physical Activities

• Aim for 7,000 steps per day  ✗ 5065 steps today. Was not able to take a walk due to monsoon rains and humidity to the point of no. Let us hope for tomorrow or really get into gear with the CRFG.
  • Perform (at least) 1/week, Critical Role Fitness Game  ✗ Not yet - am however rewording and moving a few things.

Consumption 

• 1 Glass of Water after any other drink not water ✓ Besides the coffee that went cold and the vanilla shake, water with both and more water to add.

Creativity & Wellbeing

• Meditate for 15 minutes each night  ✓ Forgot how much I loved coloring

Are you coloring?  Yay!  One of my coworkers re-introduced me to coloring, by giving me one of her coloring books that she didn't think she'd ever be able to use.  OMG.  Now I have a collection.  The mandala ones are my favorites, but there are so many quality, complex, interesting adult coloring books available now. 

Knitting and crocheting are another thing I do while listening to videos and audibles.  Keeping my hands busy is a must, or I start opening new tabs and mindlessly flicking from one thing to another, distracting my attention and ruining it for myself.

• Like 2
On 7/21/2016 at 3:57 AM, tienlong said:

Are you coloring?  Yay!  One of my coworkers re-introduced me to coloring, by giving me one of her coloring books that she didn't think she'd ever be able to use.  OMG.  Now I have a collection.  The mandala ones are my favorites, but there are so many quality, complex, interesting adult coloring books available now. 

Knitting and crocheting are another thing I do while listening to videos and audibles.  Keeping my hands busy is a must, or I start opening new tabs and mindlessly flicking from one thing to another, distracting my attention and ruining it for myself.

I had actually got my bridal party coloring books that would fit their personality, which I ended up getting one for myself cause what goes better with coloring in curse words?! I wish I knew or remembered crocheting - I tried to start it at the beginning of pregers but carpal tunnel became impossible as I lost feeling in both hands until about two months after delivery.

Thursday & Friday, July 21 & 22, 2016

Physical Activities

• ✗ 5378. Was unable to go on evening walk with the threat of monsoon downpour and just humid conditions would make munchkin miserable.
    • ✓ 9150. Thanks workout!
  • Perform (at least) 1/week, Critical Role Fitness Game
    • ✗ Not that day. Made it a necessity to be in bed before 1130pm due to having <5 of sleep for the past week (I think).
    • ✓ Done. Battle Log Here.

Consumption 

• ✓ More than equal amounts
    • ✓ Equal amounts

Creativity & Wellbeing

• ✗ I went to bed early. Was needed.
    • ✓ Done. After workout, unwind and tuned out.
  • Like 2

SAT - TUE, July 23 - 26, 2016

✗✓

Physical Activities

Aim for 7,000 steps per day

Perform (at least) 1/week, Critical Role Fitness Game

Consumption 

1 Glass of Water after any other drink not water

Creativity & Wellbeing

Meditate for 15 minutes each night

• Like 1

WEN - THU, July 27 - 28, 2016

✗✓

Physical Activities

• ✗5110 (Teething Monster Has Return!!!)

Consumption 

Creativity & Wellbeing

• Like 1

FRI, July 29, 2016

✗✓

Physical Activities

Notice: Physical Activities may shift as Maddie has pinched a nerve in her spine as she has been complaining of tingling from her bum down to toes since last night, July 28, 2016*.

* Assumption, not true diagnosis. Making mention with date in the event this last longer and I need a reminder when I see medical professional.

Consumption 

Creativity & Wellbeing