MiaulinTheCat: Courage, Magic, and Strength

Maggie-Miau

tumblr_nxkwlnLe3d1tm22obo8_250.gif

And so I find myself wandering The Perilous Lands. What are the Perilous Lands, you ask? Lands. Lands that are Perilous. Long stretch of bleak wasteland that can change from one heartbeat to the next. One second you're wandering a desert and the next you're drowning in mud, then the wyverns show up, and the man-eating pheasant, and all in all it isn't the happiest place to be. So what's a young Ranger to do, eh? There are two options:

1. Keep going even though the waterskin is empty, the swords are all dull, we're out of arrows, the wyverns are circling, and the pheasants...we won't talk about the pheasants.

2. Keep spinning around, pulled one way then the next and at a loss for what to do.

...neither of those options sound like great fun, but at least with option one there's a glimmer of hope for making it out again. Which brings us to the,

Perilous Lands Protocols

A bad cloud has settled on me since Thursday and despite my efforts to shake free, I can't trust that most of the remaining Challenge days will spent in a Fully Functional Capacity. I'm operating at way less than full steam. Physical pain is persistent and varying from moderate to severe, and emotions are leaping out of nowhere to full-body tackle me with little to no warning. But I can't keep waiting for it to get better, so I'm relying on a plan that's rarely failed me before in order to maintain some level of productivity.

Ye Olde Highly Specific List

Each day, I'm going to have my Necessary Daily Tasks listed, to-do style, as well as a small number of goals specific to that day and that day alone. At the end, I'll look at the things crossed off and will only mark whether Most Of, A Few Of, None Of, or All Of the tasks were completed. At the end of the Challenge I'll consider the Challenge a Success if most of the time I managed to get everything done. I'm not going to go easy on myself but do recognize the need for some leeway at this point.

Re-Starting now, my Day One is July 25th.

For the Scoring, I won't bother posting the Necessary Daily Tasks, but only each day's Unique Goals on the score sheet, to minimize clutter.

couragemagicstrenth.jpg

• Like 7

Matthew 25:34-40

Scoring

Daily Tasks which can be assumed completed each day unless otherwise noted

• Minimum 4 Glasses of Water
  • French Lesson
  • Workout of some kind
  • 2 Mile Walk
  • Bible Reading
  • Post in at least three peoples' threads.

Day One Goals:

• Organize Merlin section of Fanfiction Folder
  • Clean bathroom
  • Wash mom's make-up brushes
  • 25 burpees :lol:(exceeded goal)
  • Put away laundry

Day Two Goals:

N/A

• Like 4

YOU ARE MY FAVORITE EVER!!!!   I'm just going to sit here happily and love on your awesome theme and crazy cool challenge and be kind of jealous because I haven't picked a theme yet but you've just convinced me that I absolutely have to because it is way cooler than not having a theme.

tumblr_n7wvhlmcmz1rmjvkto8_500.gif

^^ I don't know why Arthur has his pants off here.  But I'm going to roll with it.  You make me happy.  Like Arthur with no pants. :P

• Like 3

Level 10 Ravenclaw Adventurer

STR 19.25 | DEX 12 | STA 22.75 | CON 38 | WIS 21 | CHA 14.75
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
PREVIOUS CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 CURRENT: 12

Following again. Remember, you are awesome and amazing and I'm lucky to know you.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Oo, story time! Following along again to watch you blitz this challenge like you did the last one!

• Like 2

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

You continue to impress me with everything you do here, Miaulin! Awesome theme!

16 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Daily 2 Mile Walk/Run

Not sure if you've discovered Pokemon Go yet, but it makes covering walking miles a LOT easier :) And anytime you need an accountability buddy for reading the bible and praying more, don't hesitate to reach out to me. 

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Following! :) If you end up having to go to the doctor, you could ask about some of the issues you've been having with anxiety too!  I hope you feel better sooner than that though. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

And I'm your dwarf on the mini-challenge (but I'm pretty sure you already know that LOL)

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

On 7/11/2016 at 3:25 PM, athousandwords said:

YOU ARE MY FAVORITE EVER!!!!   I'm just going to sit here happily and love on your awesome theme and crazy cool challenge and be kind of jealous because I haven't picked a theme yet but you've just convinced me that I absolutely have to because it is way cooler than not having a theme.

tumblr_n7wvhlmcmz1rmjvkto8_500.gif

^^ I don't know why Arthur has his pants off here.  But I'm going to roll with it.  You make me happy.  Like Arthur with no pants. :P

OH HELLO
tumblr_o9tujcQa2u1uhto9ro3_1280.gif

Having a theme makes everything so fun! I see you picked one out since posting, and a fantastic one at that. :D Looking forward to following your thread!

:lol: Even having recently seen that episode, the pantslessness remains a mystery. I think they're throwing bait for the Arlin shippers.

On 7/11/2016 at 5:35 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following again. Remember, you are awesome and amazing and I'm lucky to know you.

:redface: Thank you, Tanktimus <3

KOQy0Mh.gif

On 7/11/2016 at 8:49 PM, Atrytone said:

Following along! I love the role play concept.

Yay! Glad to have you! :D

On 7/12/2016 at 7:09 AM, Jarric said:

Oo, story time! Following along again to watch you blitz this challenge like you did the last one!

Hail, Jarric! Glad to have you on board and looking forward to following your Challenge as well!

On 7/12/2016 at 7:24 AM, Wild Wolf said:

You continue to impress me with everything you do here, Miaulin! Awesome theme!

Not sure if you've discovered Pokemon Go yet, but it makes covering walking miles a LOT easier :) And anytime you need an accountability buddy for reading the bible and praying more, don't hesitate to reach out to me. 

Wolf

tumblr_inline_oa0bcruqk51ridpek_500.gif

You're too nice :D Thank you so much!

I've heard of Pokemon Go and am wallowing in intense jealousy toward everyone who has the technology to play it. It sounds super-fun. <3 As it is, my brother and I mostly chase each other like Small Children or get into lyric-battles along the way. ^_^

Oh, yes! Thank you so much for the offer and know that it is heartily returned!

On 7/12/2016 at 8:16 AM, iatetheyeti said:

Following along for more awesome :D

Thanks much, Yeti, glad to have you!

On 7/12/2016 at 8:33 AM, Shadri said:

HAY GURL HAAAAAY <3 I've only seen a few episodes, but Merlin is an awesome show, which means this is gonna be an awesome challenge! Following~

HAI HELLO FRIEND! Ohhh it's such a good show. I mean it's terrible on many levels, but it's so good I love it. <3 Gotta love Epic Friendship. Thank you for following! :D

On 7/12/2016 at 9:57 AM, NeverThatBored said:

Following! :) If you end up having to go to the doctor, you could ask about some of the issues you've been having with anxiety too!  I hope you feel better sooner than that though. 

Heyoo! I'm looking forward to following your Challenge as well! :D Turns out we probably won't be going to the doctor for this, as things seem to be taking care of themselves, but I'm juuust about resolved to still take the opportunity next time a doctor is called for. Thank you infinitely for the encouragement- it truly means a lot!

On 7/13/2016 at 8:48 AM, x Valkyrie x said:

I'm in love with your concept! How super fun!! Looking forward to following!

Also, I'm the Gnome of your team for the mini-challenge, yay for teammates!!

Oh hai friendpal!

4.gif

Very excited to play the Mini with you and also follow along with your Challenge! :D

On 7/13/2016 at 10:05 AM, bker1370 said:

And I'm your dwarf on the mini-challenge (but I'm pretty sure you already know that LOL)

Heloo, Dwarf-Friend! ^_^

• Like 3

A'right, not many days until Official Start and here's what's happening:

1. There have been storms and rains where I live (which, we love rain and sunshine equally in turn, both are magnificent) and the result of this weather is very bad internet connection. It's having trouble editing posts so I haven't gotten to add the story yet. That's a "Hopefully Get It Done Before Monday" thing.

2. Infection or whatever it was seems to be clearing up nicely. Knees and ankles are tolerable until after the daily walk, at which point they feel terrible but that's Just Too Bad. Mom's considering dragging me to the doctor on Monday but I personally think it would be a waste of money...we'll see what winds up happening but I'd rather wait until the visit would be more budget-friendly or at least have a better reason for going.

3. Mom just left today for her trip, and will be back on Sunday evening, so if those of you who pray could please pray for her safety during travel if it's not too much trouble?

4. Mother's considering getting my allergies re-tested if we can find another allergist within driving distance. (The one in our town left ages ago) because I seem to have had a severe, although very brief, reaction of some sort to squash yesterday. Peeling it normally makes my hands itch, but this time all I did was touch it and the reaction was much worse than itching, but also over very quickly so. It would probably be nice to get tested again just for some confirmation, but I'm also nervous that it'll say I'm not actually allergic to any of the things the first test said and that I've been psyching myself out for nearly a year now because I'm an idiot. :P

5. Earned 50 Points yesterday for cleaning the heck out of the bedroom. Actually found the floor under all the boxes in one corner. Made up for almost twenty years of total uselessness and it was awesome if somewhat inadequate. I'll be cleaning other rooms today :D

6. We watched the S4 finale of Merlin last night and will be starting S5 soon.

tumblr_inline_n0neh5s4m61r3p48k.gif

We don't want it to end :o Of course, there's a screaming stack of fanfiction to be written now and I'm probably just gonna shove the entire series right back into the queue, but still. ;)

• Like 4

Okay so if nobody watches any of the other nonsense I throw into this thread, WATCH THIS ONE. It is adorable and a liar that makes this look like a happy, fun show. :D (also...y'all prepare yourselves for eventual Disney!Merlin spam because I Just Can't Help Myself and We Are One is too fitting a song for this show for me to not squeal about it.

Oh and in other news, I FINISHED FRENCH 1 ON MEMRISE. *Twirls* *Glitter* And my French is now decent enough that I've been able to read some sentences, put a few together on my own, and make a good go of translating songs. (Which I have discovered to be a fun and useful exercise) this has brought me to discover that He Lives in You is way, way better in French, while I Just Can't Wait to be King is way, way creepier.

But seriously though there's something gorgeous about,
"Il vit en toi!
 Il vit en moi!"

• Like 3

Annnnnd I'm going to the doctor on Monday. :( My right hand has begun kind of...it feels like it's been burned, but it feels cold, but I somehow can't tell if the actual hand is hot or cold? My brother says it feels normal to the touch but I can't....it's just odd. There's no injury, no marks. Looks totally normal but hurts like hell. So at this point I've had enough strange stupid things happen that mom says she doesn't care if everything's fine by Monday, we're going.

Meanwhile I just promise I'm not doing this on purpose, the whole new ailment every five minutes thing. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Annnnnd I'm going to the doctor on Monday. :( My right hand has begun kind of...it feels like it's been burned, but it feels cold, but I somehow can't tell if the actual hand is hot or cold? My brother says it feels normal to the touch but I can't....it's just odd. There's no injury, no marks. Looks totally normal but hurts like hell. So at this point I've had enough strange stupid things happen that mom says she doesn't care if everything's fine by Monday, we're going.

Meanwhile I just promise I'm not doing this on purpose, the whole new ailment every five minutes thing. 

I'm glad your mom is getting you to the doctor! That sounds like a really weird sensation. Maybe it's another allergic reaction of some sort?

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

11 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Your mom just won Tank points. 

• Like 5

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I'm glad your mom is getting you to the doctor! That sounds like a really weird sensation. Maybe it's another allergic reaction of some sort?

I'm honestly quite freaked out about it, but trying to look at it as a potential blessing in disguise. I just don't know what could have caused a reaction, since I made sure not to touch the squash again yesterday, which leaves only the peppers as far as things I'm not usually handling...unless the cat had something in his fur. Which, being an outdoor cat, maybe he could've? Their little claws definitely get a reaction nine times out of ten.

--------

Hand doesn't hurt so much today, but it still feels odd and the anticipated Bad Feelings(TM) are in full swing. I'm kind of freaking out a bit about the doctor visit. Kind of feeling extremely vain and selfish thinking I have any right to suggest...I don't know, I mean, what if this actually is what everyone goes through and I'm honest-to-goodness just being an obnoxious child thinking I'm somehow above having to deal with it?

But if I don't talk to the doctor but continue expressing distress, then I'm not only a cowardly obnoxious child but a whiny one as well since in the unlikely event I'm not just being stupid, not taking the chance to fix the problem and then being upset about it would make me even more annoying...this is what's been tumbling around in my mind for the past several hours.

Feelings of abject terror are present again, partially due to nightmares last night.

Anyway, I already knew the Bad Feelings(TM) would arrive at some point, and now they have, and I've wasted the day's beginning on them but now it's time to stop and figure out how to get some work in.

tumblr_lsrqo0mIfD1qa22qso1_500.gif

Oh, also, what with mom being off work on Monday (already a scheduled day off, thank God, not one she took specifically for the occasion) plus the visit to the doctor, it's safe to say my official start day for the Challenge will be moved to Tuesday.

11 minutes ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

I'm honestly quite freaked out about it, but trying to look at it as a potential blessing in disguise. I just don't know what could have caused a reaction, since I made sure not to touch the squash again yesterday, which leaves only the peppers as far as things I'm not usually handling...unless the cat had something in his fur. Which, being an outdoor cat, maybe he could've? Their little claws definitely get a reaction nine times out of ten.

--------

Hand doesn't hurt so much today, but it still feels odd and the anticipated Bad Feelings(TM) are in full swing. I'm kind of freaking out a bit about the doctor visit. Kind of feeling extremely vain and selfish thinking I have any right to suggest...I don't know, I mean, what if this actually is what everyone goes through and I'm honest-to-goodness just being an obnoxious child thinking I'm somehow above having to deal with it?

But if I don't talk to the doctor but continue expressing distress, then I'm not only a cowardly obnoxious child but a whiny one as well since in the unlikely event I'm not just being stupid, not taking the chance to fix the problem and then being upset about it would make me even more annoying...this is what's been tumbling around in my mind for the past several hours.

Feelings of abject terror are present again, partially due to nightmares last night.

Anyway, I already knew the Bad Feelings(TM) would arrive at some point, and now they have, and I've wasted the day's beginning on them but now it's time to stop and figure out how to get some work in.

tumblr_lsrqo0mIfD1qa22qso1_500.gif

As someone who is also visited by Bad Feelings, I'm sorry you're going through this! I would only suggest to try to think about if it was your mom having these symptoms - I reckon you would probably tell her to see the doctor, even if it turned out to be nothing. If it is nothing, that's great and peace of mind is restored, but if it's something then you can get it fixed, and peace of mind is restored. Either way, it's good to get it checked out. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

As someone who is also visited by Bad Feelings, I'm sorry you're going through this! I would only suggest to try to think about if it was your mom having these symptoms - I reckon you would probably tell her to see the doctor, even if it turned out to be nothing. If it is nothing, that's great and peace of mind is restored, but if it's something then you can get it fixed, and peace of mind is restored. Either way, it's good to get it checked out. 

Thank you. I'm so sorry you go through this as well! It's no fun, no fun at all. *Hugs*

Thank you for the advice, too :)

• Like 1

Hey Teammate, Good luck on those lunges this week.

• Like 2

Bad Feelings have temporarily retreated back into the dark cave from whence they come. Still nervous about the doctor visit tomorrow and, not going to lie, will be perfectly content if mom changes her mind. Am convincing myself to be okay with either course, though.

I found a new favorite song! Keeping with the Theme, here it is in a nice Merlin video (I promise to get over Merlin at some point. Maybe not soon, but at some point :P )

And I also, thanks to a very good friend, discovered a singer by the name of Noah Gundersen, whose music is breathtakingly beautiful and in many cases highly relatable. The violins are tear-jerking and the voice is magnificent. Very pleased to have found this.

Getting more cleaning done today- almost done with the ever-full laundry baskets again. They've been crammed full of winter blankets for months now. Planning to give the kitchen a good once-over as well, with special attention paid to the microwave as it's looking gross at the moment. Hallway needs sweeping and bathroom needs scrubbing, but we'll see how much of it gets seen about.

Mom's trip has been okay in that she's still alive, but I think she's less pleased about time away from home than expected, and has said she's very much looking forward to getting back tonight.

I had a dream last night in which I was roaming a very large store, but without any intent to buy anything. There was some running involved, and at some point I encountered a young boy (probably eight to ten years old? I'm a terrible judge of age, but he was still shorter than me so he had to be quite young) attempting to rope off a section of the place using a long extension cord. I kept asking him, "What's wrong? Are you alright? What's the matter?" even though he didn't seem particularly upset. There were a few non-descript men walking around, and some vaguely threatening people. I found a restroom and decided, for no apparent reason, to hide there. I personally hate public bathrooms and never fail to be even more dissatisfied with them in dreams than I am in real life, despite the fact that the dream versions are always larger and cleaner and overall nicer than just about any I've encountered in the real world. A fiasco ensued and the lock, and the door-handle in general, was obnoxious. Leaving the area, I entered a room set up like a lounge, and proceeded to trip over the couch where it intersected with the wall- a feat which slightly injured my nose. There was a woman on the couch who vaguely resembled my favorite real-life librarian. I overheard her phone conversation as I found the correct way around the couch: apparently her husband (who might or might not exist in real life) had committed some kind of highly complex insurance fraud. The scene changed to an outdoor area- white fence and green grass, blue skies as far as could be seen -with about three or four horses running around. At least  one was brown, and one a kind of cream color. I think there was a helicopter. I could still hear the woman talking about how her husband, while thinking he was dying, wrote a letter in which he confessed the entirety of his scheme only to awkwardly not die. So I think he was in some kind of scramble to retrieve the letter. 

• Like 2