• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone Builds Shelter From The Rain

7 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Wowza!!! I've been lifting for 2.5 years and still haven't hit 2xBW deadlift. :) GREAT JOB!

For reals?? I guess it's cause I'm so short? Well damn, thanks!!! :D 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Deadlifts

5/135#   5/155#   3X3/175#   1/195#PR   1/205#PR   1/215#PR 2XBW!

Gratz!  Your numbers seem to be moving!

• Like 1

Agreed, it's impressive. :) I'm hoping the extras like circuits and yoga help me make better progress. I was really not at all in shape (athletic, whatever you want to call it) when I started lifting. I think the supplemental stuff really helps. I know RedStone was doing lots of stuff before lifting and still does stuff like circuits currently. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Agreed, it's impressive. :) I'm hoping the extras like circuits and yoga help me make better progress. I was really not at all in shape (athletic, whatever you want to call it) when I started lifting. I think the supplemental stuff really helps. I know RedStone was doing lots of stuff before lifting and still does stuff like circuits currently. 

Oh, I'm really really glad you said something cause I was starting to feel a bit awkward and didn't know how to broach this exactly. I feel funny laying this out, but I don't want people to feel discouraged either...

No no no no no, I didn't start my foray into fitness 5 months ago, just heavy lifting. I've been involved with physical activity my whole life, and my body is used to long hours at it. Highlights include: competitive gymnastics (world team 3), varsity diving, and martial arts, which I have been a very regular practitioner of for the last 15ish years, and a teacher for about 6. For strength training and conditioning I've been a fan of kettle bells for at least 6 or 7 years now, and while the weight is low compared to powerlifting stuff, there's a ton of squats and cleans and presses and pulls and all that, so I came into lifting with a fair foundation of strength, particularly from the waist down. 

I'm humbled everyday with the long term process of lifting and the efforts everyone puts in. I love learning something new and feeling like I can take this trip with other people who are working to understand it like I am :D Much like these wiener dogs, frolicking in the grass...

ewkFZ6X.gif

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

I don't want people to feel discouraged either...

Don't worry!!!! Everyone is on their own journey :)

Can't compare someone's first steps to someone elses marathon.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

I feel funny laying this out, but I don't want people to feel discouraged either...

Far from it! I'm super impressed! I did random stuff before lifting, but nothing half as serious or with as much longevity as what you're describing. Mostly home dumbbell circuits, workout videos, and a brief foray into Krav Maga which was fun but way too much touching people. I'm basically your height (I think? 4'11"ish?) and about your weight too, and I'm nowhere close to your deadlift, BUT

Now I know where I could be if I keep going!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Don't worry!!!! Everyone is on their own journey :)

Can't compare someone's first steps to someone elses marathon.

:D Totally :D 

13 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Far from it! I'm super impressed! I did random stuff before lifting, but nothing half as serious or with as much longevity as what you're describing. Mostly home dumbbell circuits, workout videos, and a brief foray into Krav Maga which was fun but way too much touching people. I'm basically your height (I think? 4'11"ish?) and about your weight too, and I'm nowhere close to your deadlift, BUT

Now I know where I could be if I keep going!

Yes!! Shorties unite :P 4'10", currently oscillating between 107 - 110# (Speaking of which, did you figure out a good shoe solution?? I'm nearly due for some new chucks.) Yeah it's true, I do a whole bunch of stuff that I don't normally post about (and have been for years), but when I started I was told that 2X BW was a good goal! Excellent place to shoot for :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Speaking of which, did you figure out a good shoe solution??

I ended up just getting some kid's chucks on sale through zappos lol

You shorties are too adorbs. I buy men's tennis shoes for my outdoor walks because my feet  are the complete opposite of kid's chucks. ;) 

YFljy7Q.gif

3f392ec7d71f47cab3e03f321988678a.gif

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

3f392ec7d71f47cab3e03f321988678a.gif

8 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

^TRUFF. On many occasions. 

LOL yas

Express busses, y'all. I used to ride them daily and if I had to stand, the "handholds" were actually a rail up above the seats. Couldn't reach it, even on heels days. Bus driver finally gave up and stopped yelling at me not to hang on to the vertical bar in front. I'm like "it's this type of unsafe, or it's the type of unsafe where I am constantly falling on my ass everytime you brake."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ixaera said:

LOL yas

Express busses, y'all. I used to ride them daily and if I had to stand, the "handholds" were actually a rail up above the seats. Couldn't reach it, even on heels days. Bus driver finally gave up and stopped yelling at me not to hang on to the vertical bar in front. I'm like "it's this type of unsafe, or it's the type of unsafe where I am constantly falling on my ass everytime you brake."

One of my new favorites... not only is it hard to hold with one (and even two hands) but it's sometimes tough to get...

• Like 1

Ha!  I put things on top of my cabinets underneath the ceiling instead of using the bottom shelf!  I think the top of my fridge is about nose level, and when I sit on my bench, I'm basically at parallel.  However, then I get on a plane, and it's like being locked in a small box.  Also shopping tends to be a 2-stage event.  I'll wander about a store and see if I like anything, and then I'll go home and order it online to actually get my size.  As a man with no significant fashion goals or standards, step 1 is entirely optional.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ~RedStone~ said:

One of my new favorites... not only is it hard to hold with one (and even two hands) but it's sometimes tough to get...

OMG this. My boyfriend keeps random things on top of the fridge and FROWN. Need that step stool for everything :/

44 minutes ago, Grymm said:

However, then I get on a plane, and it's like being locked in a small box.

My plane out to Portland a couple of weeks ago was smaller than the average bear and I was startled when I went to stand up in the window seat because I actually hit my head. That usually doesn't happen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grymm said:

Ha!  I put things on top of my cabinets underneath the ceiling instead of using the bottom shelf!  I think the top of my fridge is about nose level, and when I sit on my bench, I'm basically at parallel.  However, then I get on a plane, and it's like being locked in a small box.  Also shopping tends to be a 2-stage event.  I'll wander about a store and see if I like anything, and then I'll go home and order it online to actually get my size.  As a man with no significant fashion goals or standards, step 1 is entirely optional.

Dude. Meetup, seriously. We must stand side by side one day. :P 

24 minutes ago, ixaera said:

OMG this. My boyfriend keeps random things on top of the fridge and FROWN. Need that step stool for everything :/

My plane out to Portland a couple of weeks ago was smaller than the average bear and I was startled when I went to stand up in the window seat because I actually hit my head. That usually doesn't happen!

LMAO plane - same thing of course!! And so far as hiding gifts etc, it's always the same, I hide stuff on the bottom, him on the top, and of course the kitchen is arranged thusly!

6 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Dude. Meetup, seriously. We must stand side by side one day. :P 

This can be arranged.  In my family, I'm normal sized.  We're a large people.  I know you're up 87 somewhere by Beacon right?  Which is on 84?  I had a friend who used to live in Beacon....so I was there maybe twice. 

Ever been to the pumpkin blaze at Sleepy Hollow?  Actually, I just googled it, and it's not as far north as I had thought.  In my mind, it was across the river from you.  I highly recommend it, though, once October rolls around.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grymm said:

Ever been to the pumpkin blaze at Sleepy Hollow?  Actually, I just googled it, and it's not as far north as I had thought.  In my mind, it was across the river from you.  I highly recommend it, though, once October rolls around.

That sounds awesome, pumpkin blaze??? Jack o lantern seeds we just put in are starting to sprout :D Yup, 87 and 84, pretty much where they meet. I was just musing that storm king might make a fun and simple day trip for walking around and hunting pokes!

Meanwhile, life continues. Had a mild rewind, very long session in the gym, not much appetite. However I have every intention of meeting my macros today despite a tiny bit of help from the wines and the ice creams. I'm sliding back a bit on water and need to be a bit more vigilant about that as well, though in general I'm pretty thirsty so it's not totally awful.

Today was upper hyper, which is kind of a slog other than incline bench which I really like for some reason :P I did hi reps with the bar and then 55#, taking the last of 4 sets super super slow. I did that with a few of the exercises, dropping the last set to very light weight and really grinding them out in slo mo, I guess just to see how they felt. Got some core in with the TRX, my 22 pushups, and some light squats supersetted with good mornings at 3X10/40# to work out some residual discomfort. Had a medium intensity MA session in the boxing room, then lots of extra mobility and stretching. 

After all that I went to the cool kids store to get DL knee socks, tho I was tempted to get food plushies instead...

Z9e8sMom.jpg   vNPJJvVm.jpg

• Like 6

Ah, I nearly forgot. It's challenge o'clock!

@Flex Luthor challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,qwerty battledawgs.org

In an effort to cross pollinate and meet new folks, I've decided to reach beyond the walls of the warriors and on day 9, I challenge @Tanktimus the Encourager

to spread this message to his honorable Ranger guild. Also, hello, I've seen you around, nice to meet you! :D 

‪#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've already been challenged by Miss Marissa. Hello to you too.

Dang, second time this week! Well hello there anyways :P 

UkkJkwU.gif

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pat G said:

Here's what your pecs shoulders and arms will look like after finishing this challenge: 

Hide contents

Wait, have you not been challenged yet???? Done and done. Consider yourself challenged!!! And may we all look like kangabro in 22 days... :D 

plp2jwt.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Wait, have you not been challenged yet???? Done and done. Consider yourself challenged!!! And may we all look like kangabro in 22 days... :D 

plp2jwt.gif

I can do that :) 

• Like 1

Happy Friday beautiful nerds! Today is looking much better than yesterday, when I spent three hours in the gym doing extra stuff I wasn't supposed to and then not planning my meals right and almost passing out from having only 800cals by 9pm... opps! :P All good, I had some emergency rice which gave me the energy to cook dinner and meet my macros, and I even added in an appropriate amount of ice cream which makes 3 sweets this week. Can't decide if this is a positive thing or not, but considering my measurements continue to stay tight I'm gonna say it's good :D

Today is already looking better, I was hungry before 9am and remembered my 10ish protein shake ;)  Gotta get more water in, I think the working out in the afternoon is what makes me forget these days. Change of schedule always requires some readjustment.

In life news, I continue to be in over my head for the play, and found myself googling - how to learn your lines. I do get to wear red lipstick and cool 1950s looking clothes and hair, but first I have to get off book. Bonus, turns out my character is the only "straight (wo)man" so I had to practice poor comedic timing and not laughing at all the hilarious one liners being constantly dropped. Fun and challenging, but still... too much yellow!!!

i8YPC9em.jpg

Lower hyper today which means front squats and lunges, gonna continue with extra low weight at super slow speeds to cap off each set. Also getting the house ready for some company, friends tomorrow to spend some time at the lake, and family on Sunday-Monday.

It's also day 10 of the pushup challenge!

@Flex Luthor challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,qwerty battledawgs.org

So today I challenge @BarbarianBassBro who I imagine will rock it hard as rockers are want to do

(thinking you haven't been challenged yet already? lol)

‪#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it.

• Like 4