• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone Builds Shelter From The Rain

yay more foods!!

also, the best way i remember learning lines is repeating them out loud over and over and over and over...

then getting an accomplice to be "on book" while you try to get through your parts (they'd say all the other parts). it will take time so don't get frustrated when you keep calling line the first few run throughs! have fun with it :)

• Like 2

I think getting someone to read with you and go through the funny parts over and over should crush the humor out of the jokes.  Any joke you immediately know the punchline to isn't nearly as funny.  Jokes you've heard 100 times tend to be boring.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:
So today I challenge @BarbarianBassBro who I imagine will rock it hard as rockers are want to do

(thinking you haven't been challenged yet already? lol)

‪#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it.

Challenge accepted B)

Heavy metal pecs, hardrock bro- and triceps, shoulders that can carry a fullstack of bass amps with ease...why shouldn´t I want that?

It will be hard to find not-challenged NFs here though :D Maybe I´ll spread it out to co workers and facebook friends :) 

Doing my first 22 right now and challenging @Schaengel B)

• Like 1

Week 1. Since this is a no points challenge, here is some other kind of recap that for some reason sounds a little academic in my head...

IPcxvOc.jpg

Anyhoo.

Observations:

I have now completed 1 month of PHUL. Here is what I have to say about that.

1. It is a much more intensive program than I had expected or even realized at first and has taken top priority in terms of my energy store. 

2. Hypertrophy work seems extremely effective so far in terms of making my thighs thick AF building muscle and supporting the big three.

3. Mobility is more necessary than ever. I find that I am almost always sore and stiff. I spend a lot of time stretching before and after sessions now, and do yoga type stuff on off days and really, whenever I can.

I have been tracking closely and believe I am currently maintaining at about 1500cals (Up from 800-900) and believe it's time to increase further because of the following:

1. My energy has taken a sudden dive in the last week

2. I am getting extremely hungry mid workouts

3. I am no longer bloated, my weight trend is higher, but my measurement trend is back on it's lowest end

My short term goal is to reach a maintenance where cutting is no lower than 1500. I'm planning a short cut at the end of August when I'm traveling to Idaho. I'll be staying at a rustic campground where there will be a lot of cardio like hiking and swimming and no heavy lifting so far as I'm aware. I plan on bringing the TRX along for BW stuff, but I figure even if there is a big weight room (that I can't seem to identify on the website), I'm going to take a planned break anyway. (I'll also be taking a break from the grid, apparently this place is big on "unplugging" and boasts shoddy cell service and limited hotspots.) 

So until then I'm going to consider the re-feed as a bulk of sorts, work up in PHUL as much as I can until then, and see where it takes me! Calling it an experiment at this stage ;) Like everything I guess lol :P 

Also, I'm nearly done with the duffel bag from zero week, it's actually coming out kind of cute and I'll post it once it's done!

_____

Finally pushups, I'm starting to experiment with variations for my 22for22. Yesterday I tried the boob smoosh @Emerald_Dragonfly, and today I did incline decline. It's day 11 today so I have another 11 days to experiment, wish I had come to that idea sooner! Meanwhile, today I will challenge @K_man to keep the mojo going! Details here

_____

Edited cause decline pushups, not incline :P 

• Like 3

On 7/21/2016 at 2:46 PM, Grymm said:

This can be arranged.  In my family, I'm normal sized.  We're a large people.  I know you're up 87 somewhere by Beacon right?  Which is on 84?  I had a friend who used to live in Beacon....so I was there maybe twice. 

Ever been to the pumpkin blaze at Sleepy Hollow?  Actually, I just googled it, and it's not as far north as I had thought.  In my mind, it was across the river from you.  I highly recommend it, though, once October rolls around.

On 7/21/2016 at 6:53 PM, ~RedStone~ said:

That sounds awesome, pumpkin blaze??? Jack o lantern seeds we just put in are starting to sprout :D Yup, 87 and 84, pretty much where they meet. I was just musing that storm king might make a fun and simple day trip for walking around and hunting pokes!

OHhh can I come?! Pretty please?! I love meetups :D:D

Also, RedStone, you are a badass.

that is all. 

(that 2xBW deadlift didn't look very hard)

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

OHhh can I come?! Pretty please?! I love meetups :D:D

Also, RedStone, you are a badass.

that is all. 

(that 2xBW deadlift didn't look very hard)

Let's make it happen! I've been meaning to hit Sleepy Hollow for yeeeears :D 

And thank you!!! I guarantee it was far from easy LOL I was definitely seeing stars :P 

• Like 3

I like your retrospectives Redstone. Well thought out.

I realised i haven't done any of these challenge push ups. 66 done this morning to make up for the last 3 days.

• Like 3

Was reading this article by Dan John, and he touched on music while training. 

https://www.t-nation.com/training/5-reasons-you-dont-look-like-you-lift

The article is long, so here are the relevant points.  It's pretty much the exact opposite of what I do.  :abnormal:

...And please don't make a mix of your favorite songs. Years ago, I was told that the Soviets discovered that "noxious" music actually increased the ability to train. Hey, maybe it was a lie, but I think it's a great idea. If you hate country, listen to country. I hate pop music so hearing it over the speakers in a public facility makes me train harder. Hate and extreme aggravation are great motivators.

So maybe, instead of reshuffling your "intensity mix," lie on the ground and work that stretch you know you need. Or, as the great bodybuilders used to do, superset most of what you're doing so you never truly rest. I'm a big fan still of supersetting for any sports goal. Obviously, you'd avoid doing this with the Olympic and powerlifts, but try these...

On 7/12/2016 at 5:30 PM, NatetheStrong said:

Please let us see the mini duffel bag you make.

Finally finished! Now that I've worn the belt a few times the bag might be a touch tighter than ideal, by who needs ideal anyway :P It works and I'm happy about it! 4 exterior pockets (1 for Spike!) and one inside for chalk, tho I still want to make liquid chalk so I don't mess this thing up too bad lol, tho I did use the leftover fabric from the deck chairs for the lining, so that should be somewhat easy to clean I hope! Nothing wrong with a little scuff on a gym bag IMO..

hkmYfFym.jpg treAKJOm.jpg 

8rCkVJOm.jpg l5JMSBrm.jpg

My normal gym bag for scale! This one's pretty little, perfect for the weight room. Basically just fits the on hand necessities!

• Like 7

23 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Finally finished!

treAKJOm.jpg 

This one's pretty little, perfect for the weight room. Basically just fits the on hand necessities!

It's awesome!  Great job - I envy you your fabulous skillz!!

• Like 1

On 7/24/2016 at 0:05 PM, Dagger said:

So pretty! :D

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Love the new bag. your sewing skills are impressive! :D When are you going to open an etsy store. ;) 

3 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

It's awesome!  Great job - I envy you your fabulous skillz!!

Thanks guys!! I'm glad I finally finished it, I was afraid it was going to sit and sit and sit like so many other projects that never get finished, and I really do need this one haha :P I'm hoping to have more time to devote to learning how to make clothing better some day, at the moment I'm mostly versed in bags for some reason lol. Some girls like their shoes, I love my bags!! :D

• Like 2

On 7/24/2016 at 10:12 AM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Was reading this article by Dan John, and he touched on music while training. 

https://www.t-nation.com/training/5-reasons-you-dont-look-like-you-lift

The article is long, so here are the relevant points.  It's pretty much the exact opposite of what I do.  :abnormal:

Hide contents

...And please don't make a mix of your favorite songs. Years ago, I was told that the Soviets discovered that "noxious" music actually increased the ability to train. Hey, maybe it was a lie, but I think it's a great idea. If you hate country, listen to country. I hate pop music so hearing it over the speakers in a public facility makes me train harder. Hate and extreme aggravation are great motivators.

So maybe, instead of reshuffling your "intensity mix," lie on the ground and work that stretch you know you need. Or, as the great bodybuilders used to do, superset most of what you're doing so you never truly rest. I'm a big fan still of supersetting for any sports goal. Obviously, you'd avoid doing this with the Olympic and powerlifts, but try these...

"Hate and extreme aggravation are great motivators"

Yes. My old coach used to get me hyped about lifts by talking about superheros. Except he had no idea what he was talking about and would mix DC and Marvel and then say he's never seen "X superhero movie that I've seen a bajillion times". It worked.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

"Hate and extreme aggravation are great motivators"

Yes. My old coach used to get me hyped about lifts by talking about superheros. Except he had no idea what he was talking about and would mix DC and Marvel and then say he's never seen "X superhero movie that I've seen a bajillion times". It worked.

Water_9b76cc_151838.jpg

Had two solid rest days this weekend, including an outing to my niece's summer camp for visiting day (coincidentally 20 minutes from me), so hanging with the family and such, my folks stayed overnight and convinced us to get a new air conditioner for our bedroom which was sorely needed. Slept something fantastic, even my face was cold! Today was bench day, went later in the afternoon which is becoming routine and I like it. I managed to eat more correctly in preparation for the timing, and I had my new little bag along! Here's what hapenned.

Bench

5/45#   5/65#   5/85#   2X3/95#   2X4/95#   1/105# PR! (next PR = BW!!!)

Incline DB Press

2X10/20#   2X10/25#

Pendalay Rows

5/65#   2/85#F on 3 for wrist pain   3/75# more wrist pain. whats up with this noise??

OHP

5/45#   5/55#   5/55#

BB Curl

2X10/30# 9/30#

Skull Crusher

10/30#   10/40#   10/30# (Better mind/muscle connection at lower weight)

So, pretty happy about hitting another bench PR, but I suspect this will be it for awhile, it was extremely challenging to bring the bar back up, didn't think I was going to make it halfway through :P Also moderately concerned about this wrist pain I'm having with the bent rows, I may need to post a form check to see what I'm doing wrong, and/or work those reverse grip rows for a bit while I sort that out. Lots of good stretching, lower power AKA squat and DL tomorrow! Happy Monday nerds!!! 

• Like 7

Eep, once again, I have forgotten to mention the pushup challenge! Today on day 13, I continued with decline, using a plyo shelf at around 2'.

@Flex Luthor challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day. While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,qwerty battledawgs.org

In yet another effort to cross pollinate and meet new folks, I'm reaching beyond the walls of the warriors, and challenge @Owlet to spread this message to the Assassin guild :D I hope this helps you with your handstand development! :) 

‪#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Also moderately concerned about this wrist pain I'm having with the bent rows, I may need to post a form check to see what I'm doing wrong, and/or work those reverse grip rows for a bit

A form check would help. In my experience wrist pain in rows comes from having my hands too close together. As the arms come up, the wrists flex, causing the pain. I try to keep a straight line from the elbow through the wrist and it helps.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

In yet another effort to cross pollinate and meet new folks, I'm reaching beyond the walls of the warriors, and challenge @Owlet to spread this message to the Assassin guild :D I hope this helps you with your handstand development! :) 

woah I've never interacted with a warrior before! I did the pushups as part of my workout today, phew. 3 sets of 10, of which 22 were full pushups (the rest on my knees because that's the level I'm at!) Good times, cheers for the challenge :) 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Owlet said:

woah I've never interacted with a warrior before! I did the pushups as part of my workout today, phew. 3 sets of 10, of which 22 were full pushups (the rest on my knees because that's the level I'm at!) Good times, cheers for the challenge :) 

And soon all of the assassins will be infected with the push-up challenge! Mwuhahaha!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Owlet said:

Oh hai there! We like our gifs as much as the next nerd ;) Hello from this bunny saying hello with their bunny :D 

3GBibdt.gif

1 minute ago, Grymm said:

And soon all of the assassins will be infected with the push-up challenge! Mwuhahaha!

Push ups for all, and for all a good bench!

hCyfOWi.gif

• Like 2