• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone Builds Shelter From The Rain

Bodies definitely adapt in wierd ways.  I've been lifting heavy for almost 6 years now.  I'm still finding new muscles. 

Great work on the pushups. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Volki said:

Yay for a good day! Also from earlier I like to have lil toys in my pocket(I had a tiny kiwi bird for a couple ms) so dnt think ur out of line :) also awesome job on those lifts

!!! Kiwi Bird !!! Sometimes I like to keep a nice smooth stone in my pocket for comfort rubbing too.

11 hours ago, wildross said:

Bodies definitely adapt in wierd ways.  I've been lifting heavy for almost 6 years now.  I'm still finding new muscles. 

Great work on the pushups. 

Thanks Homie! I'm trying to keep it in mind and not be a brat about it lol Keeping the level head will be a big part of my battle...

5 hours ago, evabo said:

Following for challenge, and to learn more about Minecraft!

\o/ Evabo!!! Love me some cubes. And crush it tomorrow!!! Assuming I have my dates right for your next comp ;) I think that's right... CRUSH IT!!!

• Like 1

Goals updated to top spot! Upper hyper today and I woke up in a pretty good way. 200cal hit by 9am, possibly a new record! Feeling more aggressive about leveling out my needs today over sad or anxious. I need this to happen, I will make it happen!

Work tonight, and from the schedule and ticket sales it looks like this one might not get cancelled last minute, but with the way things have been going I never know. I'm really fed up with the job and company, and it's just a matter of finding a viable replacement before jumping ship. Part of me wants to just go after a skilled union trade since that seems to be the most reliable thing where I live now, the arts don't really get their due diligence salary wise in the mountains. Just some day job with reasonable benefits that I can count on. It's a shame, I really do like what I do...

Meanwhile, I'm trying to organize the day around this maybe event, I have gym and errands, but they're near the event so it seems silly to come home in between. Spending the day out requires a bit more planning (which I didn't do since I expected the event to be cancelled lol) so I find myself taking my time and procrastinating... using the weird schedule as an excuse. Herm... maybe I should quit before I have a replacement, it's not like I'm getting paid anyway :P and then I'll really feel like I have no excuses...

_____

Also, day 3 of the 22pushup for 22 days challenge, and today, I challenge @ixaera! If you haven't seen it already, details are here. Let's see what you got!! :D 

• Like 3

Dangit, my follow fell off, what the heck? Fixed.

PUSHUPS

these I can do

10 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

I'm really fed up with the job and company, and it's just a matter of finding a viable replacement before jumping ship.

I feel this. 

So much.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Goals updated to top spot! Upper hyper today and I woke up in a pretty good way. 200cal hit by 9am, possibly a new record! Feeling more aggressive about leveling out my needs today over sad or anxious. I need this to happen, I will make it happen!

I'm really proud of you and I know food is hard. Food is such an issue and there is no way to escape it because food is life. That is what makes it so hard, no? One day at a time, you are making it happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm really proud of you and I know food is hard. Food is such an issue and there is no way to escape it because food is life. That is what makes it so hard, no? One day at a time, you are making it happen. 

Oh thank you!!! >HUGS< <3

Stupid food lol The worst part is that I love cooking, I love the craft and interesting flavors and all the good stuff, and lately everything has been tasting like glue lately. I think that's why the flavored oatmeal was so important the other day, as banal as it seems, was kind of a massive turning point for me.

When I was (foolishly and indefinitely) doing keto, I experimented with all sorts of awesome stuff to make it delicious and fun, something positive. When I came to the conclusion that it wasn't healthy to keep on like that, I never really found a way to enjoy what I was eating and starting cutting out things that I enjoyed more and more until I ended up here, maintaining at 8-900cal. 

I can't argue with the fact that I've had more energy since I started eating more, and I want to get to a point where my body needs it to pack on the stronk. It's time to make it a positive thing... I even threw around the idea of working s'mores into the macros this weekend. I want to let myself enjoy something again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

\o/ Evabo!!! Love me some cubes. And crush it tomorrow!!! Assuming I have my dates right for your next comp ;) I think that's right... CRUSH IT!!!

Thanks dudette, bring my sledgehammer!

• Like 1

Did the stuff yesterday, had a negative interaction with work that caused much anger while I was in the gym, which was interesting cause all the sets I was mad during felt a lot easier ;) I can def feel some positive changes in upper hyper, feel stronger allover and still working on form which helps a lot. Today should be rest but I started late this week, so alas, I need to lower hyper today. So after a lovely sleep in (11.5 hrs!) I'll go do more stuff then spend the rest of this brutally hot weekend with the man and the garden - time to harvest the garlic! Spike isn't too hot about gardening, but he can just watch :P 

Yesterday:

Incline Bench

12/45#   10/55#   8/55#   2X12/55# 

Seated Cable Row

12/60#   3X12/65# 

DB Row

4X12/20#   

DB Lat Raise

8/7.5#   2X10/7.5#

Incline DB Curl

3X8/10#

Cable Tricep Extension

2X12/22.5kg   9/27.5kg   10/27.5kg

3X10 Hanging Crunches 

3X5 Hanging Side Crunches

_____

And of course we have the 22 pushups for 22 days! Speaking of which, it's time for today's challenge, so for day 4, I challenge @Laghail 

_____

After gym I spent some time at Barnes and Noble working on some drawings, which I miss doing very much. Also got the webbing I needed to finish the mini duffel, so hopefully that'll be done by next lower power day when I really need all the stuff. (I found some old labels from a line that didn't launch when I was in fashion. I always loved the branding, but am wondering if I shouldn't be thinking about zero week instead. ZERO WEEK! There's some decent branding in that me thinks lol...) Btw, I'm using the leftover outside upholstery fabric I got for the deck chairs - pretty much the only water proof ish I have lol

Uu0JREjl.jpg  05vCJNpl.jpg

• Like 8

ZERO WEEK! 

I feel better than I did this time last week, that's certain. I'm eating the foods and even cutting myself a break with tasty things I like a tiny bit. Rehearsals start tomorrow and I'm kind of excited about that, and the re-feed is starting to level out at my current intake so I'm starting to consider how I want to do the next jump, but I think it's probably smart to take another week-ish at this intake to make sure I'm really adapting properly. Mini duffel is mostly done, just need to do final construction now.

Yesterday's lower hyper kicked my butt. I had a headache but went in anyway since it was the best timing for life stuff. Maybe would have been better to just rest but I get these kinds of headaches so often in the summer (humidity, barometric pressure and all that), that I don't want to start a trend of just not doing, tho in retrospect I would have had a much better session if I'd felt better... I stuck to the low end of required reps and sets and my calves are killing me today so I'll take a walk later on to work that out some. 

Yesterday's (kind of sad) log:

Front Squat

5/45#     8/65#     8/65#     10/65#     8/65#

BB Lunges

8/65#     8/65#     8/65#

Leg Extensions

12/20#     12/25#     15/25#

Leg Curl

15/20#     12/40#     12/40#

Seated DB Calf Raise

12/25#     12/30#     12/35#

Calf Press

12/65#     10/75#     10/85#     10/95#

22 Pushups Day 4 at the end of the night. (For day 5, I challenge @Taddea Zhaan ! Details here if you haven't seen it yet :D)

Really felt my pecs burning when I did these yesterday, haven't really felt that before. Quite odd indeed... :abnormal: As in... why haven't they been sore from bench or something before?? Hmm.

Also did some awesome garden stuff and continuing that today - harvested the garlic and now have to set it up to cure. So much garlic!

kqsM0gCl.jpg

• Like 3

I'm in for the amazing transformation that will be inherent in this challenge. I mean, look at what you've already accomplished in zero week! It's inspiring me big time!

60418525.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alaysia said:

I'm in for the amazing transformation that will be inherent in this challenge. I mean, look at what you've already accomplished in zero week! It's inspiring me big time!

60418525.jpg

Umm... how did you know I have a soft spot for grungy long hair rocker dudes?? <3 swoon <3 Here's hoping that good stuff happens out of all this, that's usually my experience of bad stuff anyway, either everything falls apart or the cycle starts over. I'm starting to level out at 1500 so it's a good thing so far anyway... hoping to keep pushing that up and up! o/

1 hour ago, SevenofSeven said:

Wow, garlic is awesome! No vampires near your house!

Seriously. And the best place for us to cure it is in the office lol... hoping it doesn't get too funky in there with the 50+ heads airing out...

VBuG1VBl.jpg

• Like 5

IN!

Job Hunting Front: I am always fantasizing about jumping ship it getting sacked and finding something in a new and exciting location.

But.... Your thread. I should continue this conversation on my own.

Anyway. Hi!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Challenge accepted! Although, mine might be kitchen counter push-ups. I haven't tested in a while. Last time I checked the stove (which is a bit lower than the counter) was the best height for push-ups but I don't want to wreck it. 

P.S. your office is totally gonna smell like garlic. ;) I've never cured garlic, but as a garlic aficionado, I'm confident garlic is gonna garlic. 

• Like 3

On 7/16/2016 at 10:59 AM, ~RedStone~ said:

had a negative interaction with work that caused much anger while I was in the gym, which was interesting cause all the sets I was mad during felt a lot easier 

The Angrylifts program has always worked for me. If I'm trying to do a 1RM lift or something close I'll often think of something that pisses me off to get me fired up.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2016 at 7:15 PM, Sam Ashen said:

IN!

Job Hunting Front: I am always fantasizing about jumping ship it getting sacked and finding something in a new and exciting location.

But.... Your thread. I should continue this conversation on my own.

Anyway. Hi!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Hijack away! Major problem is I've been doing that for about 6 years now... haven't found a steady fit. It's more fun this way, but much less secure I'm afraid.

23 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Challenge accepted! Although, mine might be kitchen counter push-ups. I haven't tested in a while. Last time I checked the stove (which is a bit lower than the counter) was the best height for push-ups but I don't want to wreck it. 

P.S. your office is totally gonna smell like garlic. ;) I've never cured garlic, but as a garlic aficionado, I'm confident garlic is gonna garlic. 

Yay! Form and style is of no matter, and yes, the office has become the anti-vampire room. We've decided to move the operation into the cellar even tho it's a bit cooler.

18 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

The Angrylifts program has always worked for me. If I'm trying to do a 1RM lift or something close I'll often think of something that pisses me off to get me fired up.

It's interesting that you mention, I had a pretty angry workout yesterday resulting in some nice numbers. I typically don't listen to music in the gym, but I think I'm going to cue up some rage against the machine on my way in today and see how that goes...

• Like 3

Rage against machine is amazing for setting rockets off in your head during a session. They were my go to for a long time, lately its been old Muse.

Get angry at the MAN Redstone!

• Like 3

Yesterday was weird, between weird sleep and food and weather and scheduling. I was anxious all day and ended up having a bit of an angry lift (see above and below lol) and hit a nice bench PR, getting close to body weight there! Back tracked a bit on some things, advance weight in others. Interesting to see the push pull...

Also had my first table read for the play and am officially in over my head with that! Everyone either knows each other or knows of each other from all the major playhouses in the area, (I recognize almost no one from the auditions... these guys landed theirs parts some other way...) and when we did the read through I realized how experienced and talented 95% of us are. (Guess who's the noob lol) I'm really quite grateful for having the smallest role, I get to be around all these great actors, the director is amazing, and it's not too much pressure for my first rodeo. I'm stoked, even tho I wasn't really expecting it to be so much work :P 

Speaking of work, yesterday's set, bench getting close to body weight!

Bench

5/45#    5/65#    5/85#    3/90#PR   1/95#PR 3/90#    3/90#

Incline DB Press

10/20#    10/25#    10/25#    10/25#

Bent Rows

5/45#    5/55#   3/75#   3/85#PR    3/85#

Over Head Press

5/45#     5/50#     5/50#    5/503

BB Curl

6/30#     6/30#     6/30#     

Skull Crusher

10/30#     10/30#     8/40#

_____

Aaaand... 22 pushups. For the next challenger, I challenge @Aeri-sand!  Details here :D 

_____

Lower Power today, thinking about keeping the momentum going and trying for a heavy DL, we'll see! Gonna try to unplug here in a little bit and get some stuff done around the adulting world.

• Like 6

nice lifts! also i completely missed somehow that you had auditioned and gotten into a play! well done! it IS a lot of work but it goes by super fast. what show?

• Like 1

It's amazing that you get to work with and learn from such talent!!!

And that you have a place with them means that the casting director saw that same talent in you!  I have complete confidence in you!  I'm glad that you are excited - this is bomb diggety wowsers!

BW bench is so close!  Color me impressed, like whoa!

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Pat G said:

Rage against machine is amazing for setting rockets off in your head during a session. They were my go to for a long time, lately its been old Muse.

Get angry at the MAN Redstone!

9 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I go with powerful gym music instead of purposely angry.  Being angry all the time is exhausting for me.  

This is an interesting thing I'm trying to wrap my head around. I may have mentioned in the past that I've had some anger issues a long time ago, and when I started Kung Fu I channelled all of my anger into it. I calm down a fair bit over the years and it turned into a sort of slow burning focus which is how I do intense stuff now, including lifting.

The last few workouts proved the worth of an adrenaline rush, (is that what it is?) and I'm interested in manipulating that purposefully, not being angry per say... I get the feeling most people bring it out with music? I never listen to music while I'm working cause I find the headphones/phone thing to be physically distracting, but maybe in the car...

How else do people feel about hyping themselves up? How do you do it?

12 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

nice lifts! also i completely missed somehow that you had auditioned and gotten into a play! well done! it IS a lot of work but it goes by super fast. what show?

10 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

It's amazing that you get to work with and learn from such talent!!!

And that you have a place with them means that the casting director saw that same talent in you!  I have complete confidence in you!  I'm glad that you are excited - this is bomb diggety wowsers!

BW bench is so close!  Color me impressed, like whoa!

Thanks! I'm super excited. There's one dude in particular that has such exceptional timing, but also was so thoughtful in his interpretations. Hoping for a new mentor there!! It's a Neil Simon piece called Laughter on the 23rd Floor, a topical comedy in the early 50s about everything post WWII, Macarthyism, red scare, masogony in the work place, anti semitism - somewhat auto biographical about the writers room for the Sid Ceasar show. (Mel Brookls, Carl Reiner etc) If I wasn't excited before, I hella am now!! :D 

• Like 4

I think what gets people hyped up is different for everyone. If I'm struggling through a workout I start to think about all the physical struggles I have overcome and how I'm really a beast and I'm going to be a beast and not a wimp and I can do this I'm awesome and these people around me have no idea how hard I've worked and I'll be damned if I'm going to wuss out on this last set of deadlifts and on and on until I'm man-handling the bar like I'm BOSS. 

It's an internal monologue thing for me. 

• Like 3