• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Now that I´ve got your attention, welcome to my challenge!

In regard of my maybe provoking title I´ll start with a little disclaimer:

Yes, I´m german. No, I´m no Nazi. I don´t want to prove any political points here, I just love trashy films and to play with stereotypes. Kung Fury is a masterpiece in playing with stereotypes and bad puns, aims at typical 80th and 90th cliches - in short it hit´s my sense of humor perfectly and who doesn´t like it is invited to avoid my challenge. I´m not harming any board rules here!

I just loved this film so much and had sore abs after laughing 30 mins without a break watching this the first time. Now I want to create a challenge about it and even go further: I´ll do a gaming challenge with it, pen and paper style!

The rules are still in progress, I´ll use week zero to work on them and do some testings with it. I will write about my results here.

So far the challenge goals:

Train to wreck the Führer in the Final battle! Avoid his propaganda!

giphy.gif

The hero of the film is confronted with his friend getting murdered by the most dangerous kung fu master of all time Adolf "Kung Führer" Hitler.

giphy.gif

He travels back in time to kill him in Nazi-germany, but accidently lands in the Viking Age and needs to find a way to travel into the right time line.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Of course he needs to train to beat his arch enemy and take revenge for his friend. And fuel with the right stuff of course!!! Never listen to your inner demons propaganda and eat like an asshole!

Get back to lifting finally! (Lift 3 times a week!)

Track your food and hit your calories and Brotein! (2500kcal and at least 80g Brotein)

No freaking soda!!! Soda is Nazi magic, which is even worse than black magic (no racist nazi pun intended) and makes you weak, fat and unattractive!!!

Surround yourself with allies and become your strongest ally yourself!

Supercop Kung fury has a number of allies on his side

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I´m not sure how to make it a countable challenge to make new allies, but one sentence came into my head while thinking about it: Your subconcious is your strongest ally!

Battle your inner demon (represented by the Kung Führer) daily with a positive mindset and meditation!

Bonus: Get to know new people if possible and meet your friends when your time allows it.

Master your weapon of choice

There´s an audition running and I´m improving in bass playing. Keep it up and get even better!!! Get as good as the Hoff is in eating Cheeseburgers drunk! :D

Play at least 90mins bass guitar per week outside of the rehearsals!

• Like 4

Definitely following! I love Kung fury too! You know they are going to make a second one right?

I hope you crush those goals!

sdTtqDB.gif

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Volki said:

Definitely following! I love Kung fury too! You know they are going to make a second one right?

I hope you crush those goals!

sdTtqDB.gif

Tank you for following! Yeah I´m really looking forward to it

• Like 1

That looks like the kind of movie the SO and I would love to crack open a few craft beers to. I'm going to have to see if it is on Netflix. of course knowing my luck, he's already seen it. We love ridiculous 80's and 90's movies. Mainly ridiculous horror flicks, but ridiculousness of all kinds is welcome. 

26 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

That looks like the kind of movie the SO and I would love to crack open a few craft beers to. I'm going to have to see if it is on Netflix. of course knowing my luck, he's already seen it. We love ridiculous 80's and 90's movies. Mainly ridiculous horror flicks, but ridiculousness of all kinds is welcome. 

See the link above, it´s from YouTube and the regisseur even puts it up there himself!  I can approve this movie is pure ridiculousness!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calanthrophy said:

I'm definitely going to have to watch this movie.

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

This sounds amazing. Will be watching that movie sometime soon!

DO IT!!! This movie made me laugh as hard as adamantium!!!

9 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

WHATUP

e6046e750be9f68a5f17654a91a4cf3d.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

Sigh...

Is it still worth it?

YES YES YES YES. I had so many gifs to choose from, but in an effort to not reveal any more spoilers, I'll leave you with this. 

kT0y0h4.gif

522.gif

See, now you have to watch it to find out what explains the laser-raptor.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Sigh...

Is it still worth it?

Sorry for getting spoilerd. It is a 30min film so it is hard to not-spoiler you with any gifs or pics. Still absolutely worth it! So much weirdness and clichees wrapped into 30 minutes!

17 hours ago, evabo said:

Will admit that I haven't read all this, but don't you think you might be setting the bar a tad low with this challenge???

I have to agree, you've got a point there. Considering the rules I've planned to integrate in this challenge,  I would get wrecked pretty hard in my actual situation.

Taking a look at it:

Lift 3 times a week, track stuff , no soda, meditate, play bass.

Yeah it looks really big, especially when I want to play a game with it.

This week was pure shit regarding mood, motivation and some reallife stuff. I'm already thinking about either skipping this theme completely or creating a reeeeeally simple challenge like many warriors seem to do nowadays. Is there a virus cursing real life at the moment, I'm not aware of? I only hear why people need to take steps back, are stressed out etc. Maybe it's because their spring time high is falling down into a rainy summer?! I don't know.

Regardless of that:

All goals represent something that needs to be dealt with, at best yesterday. The problem is, that I'll quite sure lack the energy to focus on all at once now. Though I'm into a mood to skip all right now. I'll take the rest of week zero to consider what to do.

23 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Sorry for getting spoilerd. It is a 30min film so it is hard to not-spoiler you with any gifs or pics. Still absolutely worth it! So much weirdness and clichees wrapped into 30 minutes!

I have to agree, you've got a point there. Considering the rules I've planned to integrate in this challenge,  I would get wrecked pretty hard in my actual situation.

Taking a look at it:

This week was pure shit regarding mood, motivation and some reallife stuff. I'm already thinking about either skipping this theme completely or creating a reeeeeally simple challenge like many warriors seem to do nowadays. Is there a virus cursing real life at the moment, I'm not aware of? I only hear why people need to take steps back, are stressed out etc. Maybe it's because their spring time high is falling down into a rainy summer?! I don't know.

Regardless of that:

All goals represent something that needs to be dealt with, at best yesterday. The problem is, that I'll quite sure lack the energy to focus on all at once now. Though I'm into a mood to skip all right now. I'll take the rest of week zero to consider what to do.

Maybe ask yourself what you CAN do that isn't "all". Is there a part of this you feel would be manageable?  Remember that goals should be SMART and the A stands for achievable. 

32 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Maybe ask yourself what you CAN do that isn't "all". Is there a part of this you feel would be manageable?  Remember that goals should be SMART and the A stands for achievable. 

The point is that I'm in the MOOD to skip it, that's why I'm letting some water flow down the rhine before I choose what to do exactly. You write down quite in words what I'm about to do. Just have to consider now which problems to get solved.

My first ever challenge here was: Lift 3 times a week, watch your protein, meditate, no Soda - if i remember right. This for example would be a doable one. Let's see...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Taking a look at it:

Regardless of that:

I meant more the "being more awesome than hitler" thing, because tbh you're probably more awesome just by, you know, not actually being Hitler!!! Was trying for a funny and stepped into depressing.

Do what you need to to get yourself to where you want to be, simple is great. Good luck with it!!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, evabo said:

I meant more the "being more awesome than hitler" thing, because tbh you're probably more awesome just by, you know, not actually being Hitler!!! Was trying for a funny and stepped into depressing.

Do what you need to to get yourself to where you want to be, simple is great. Good luck with it!!!

Lol, thought you meant "setting the bar too low" in terms of limbo dance, not jumping over the bar :D

Edit: don't worry, you hit a nerve with it anyway, so there was NO way for me to understand it different ;) And hitler jokes go wrong quite often :P 

6 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Lol, thought you meant "setting the bar too low" in terms of limbo dance, not jumping over the bar :D

Edit: don't worry, you hit a nerve with it anyway, so there was NO way for me to understand it different ;) And hitler jokes go wrong quite often :P 

I'm one of those boooooring Germans who just don't get them :apple: (This is also meant to be a joke, because I live in England and am told I don't have a sense of humour approximately every other day. It's hi-larious.)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, evabo said:

I'm one of those boooooring Germans who just don't get them :apple: (This is also meant to be a joke, because I live in England and am told I don't have a sense of humour approximately every other day. It's hi-larious.)

122020140452173.jpg

For a reason on of my favourites  :D 

• Like 6