• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

2 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Image result for hitler memes

There are lots and lots of Hitler memes... and now we have a place to put them... some are a little dark tho.

Well, I'm german and have a really dark humor. Feel free to add them without bad conscience, I know how to take them and don't feel offended by it. :) As long as it doesn't go into politics and nobody's feelings (or board rules) are harmed, feel free to invade my thread (see what I did there ;) )

Week Zero summary:

It was pretty shitty, but I wasn't that motivated at all because there were some real life things that sucked balls. And I don't mean the nice way.

I will make this challenge a more tutorial one, because I'm not ready to gamify it (rules aren't finished yet and real life is pretty rough most of the days right now). Tutorials are easy and can't be failed hardcore (at least if you're not playing real asshole horror games ;) )

Goal 1) Train to beat Hitler in the final battle (Do your strongliftish workout 3 out of 7 a week, log your numbers and progress here)

Goal 2) Fuel your body with awesomeness, no food nazi stuff! (Eat good stuff and track it, don't drink sodas! They're nazi magic and harm you!)

Goal 3) Be your own greatest ally! (Work on mindset by meditating daily and add something to your "Be thankful" list every morning

Goal 4) Balance inner child and adult (Do something adult every day like paper wars, get a bonus point when doing it before gaming and other fun stuff)

• Like 2

Think you've broken down your goals really nicely, and I'm sure you'll do well this challenge. Good luck with the real life stuff too :)

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

Think you've broken down your goals really nicely, and I'm sure you'll do well this challenge. Good luck with the real life stuff too :)

Thx, I'm positive too. Are you having a new challenge up now or soon?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Thx, I'm positive too. Are you having a new challenge up now or soon?

Yeah, as soon as I can sit down in front of a computer tonight I'll get it written up :)

6 hours ago, Jarric said:

Yeah, as soon as I can sit down in front of a computer tonight I'll get it written up :)

Great, keep me up to date :)

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

This is an article I have bookmarked on my phone for when I need it (which I have been a lot recently)

I think you might need it too

http://www.negharfonooni.com/doingyourbest/

Thx I´ll take a look.

I will do an update from my start into this challenge tomorrow, just taking a quick look at NF and then go to sleep. *waves*

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rookiebeotch said:

Hmm, have never seen the connection between doing weed and Hitler. I love such strange connections!

Between my ongoing medical issues, moving across the country, planning a wedding, traveling, adjusting my entire family to a new location and routine–well, let’s just say it’s been more than a little crazy and I’ve been more than a little stressed. I typically deal with stress appropriately, having several strategies in place, but my lifestyle has certainly taken a hit as my stress threshold reaches it’s limit.

There have been a few times that I began to crack. Not completely. Just a few cracks here and there. And within those cracks I’ve found myself living out of balance, further from my center than I ever prefer to be.

In fact, over the last few weeks I’ve experienced so many cracks that I’m lucky to have simply done the bare minimum in all aspects of my life. As a recovering perfectionist, it’s often difficult to accept the bare miminum. But when I realign with my purpose and bring myself back to center, I realize it’s okay.The minimum is okay.

What it comes down to is this: Every now and then, I place unnecessary pressure myself to be better than my best. 

It´s a quote out of the article @miss_marissa linked above and it´s pretty much summ´d up my actual feeling:

TL;DRTWSH (Too long, didn´t read this whining shit here)

Spoiler

Being perfectionist in regard of yourself and think that you HAVE to deal with everything. You get wounded and can heal up to a certain point. You can´t handle all stuff! Try to be satisfied with dealing with the minimum!

When I take a look at the first challenge days after my inner perfectionist cries:

Drank tons of soda every day, haven´t been lifting yet (with an excuse every day why later) and I didn´t track because I knew that my kcals are above the roof. I didn´t even take a look at my list what I´m thankful about.

On the mediocre part I meditated 2 out of 3 days and ate at least some healthy things in between eating like an a$$hole.

Positive: I finally visited my best friends after getting their baby, had a great time and talked much about how to be happy in life with some great advice on either side. Also I´m starting to get back into dating without putting too much pressure at it. I downloaded an app that gives one suggestion per day [if you don´t buy in-app-stuff of course] and have a look at it every day.

The good thing about it: I can´t search the crap out of the thousands of female profiles like I usually would

The bad thing: so far 7 girls suggested, 2 were data corpses, 3 were "just no", 2 were fine but didn´t respond at all

The so called matchmakers that choose who to suggest to who, "should" learn what the user prefers and adapt to it...I´ll give this app time to prove himself during this challenge, I´ll keep my data up to date as a bonus quest

On 16.7.2016 at 2:55 PM, BarbarianBassBro said:

Goal 1) Train to beat Hitler in the final battle (Do your strongliftish workout 3 out of 7 a week, log your numbers and progress here)

Goal 2) Fuel your body with awesomeness, no food nazi stuff! (Eat good stuff and track it, don't drink sodas! They're nazi magic and harm you!)

Goal 3) Be your own greatest ally! (Work on mindset by meditating daily and add something to your "Be thankful" list every morning

Goal 4) Balance inner child and adult (Do something adult every day like paper wars, get a bonus point when doing it before gaming and other fun stuff)

Goal 1) so far 0/3

Goal 2) 0/3 again

Goal 3) 2/3 and 0/3

Goal 4) 1/3 (did some banking stuff before gaming today)

Bonus Quest) Dating! 7 suggestions, 2 data corpses, 3 "just no", 2 were fine but didn´t respond

• Like 2

I think the online matchmaking website thing is a game of patience. I think it HAS to be more successful than trying to wander around town and meet people in person, because that method is SOOOO limited. Whereas online you can cast a wider net and meet lots of people you wouldn't otherwise. Especially if you are not a social butterfly.

I think also though that the website you choose should reflect your personality. The first one I tried was way too conservative in my opinion (read: boring people) and kept matching me with people who were like the complete opposite of me. Like I hate sports so why are you matching me with people who want to watch football, baseball, basketball, etc every day of the damn week. The second site I tried was way better and I found my current SO who I've been with for years now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I think the online matchmaking website thing is a game of patience. I think it HAS to be more successful than trying to wander around town and meet people in person, because that method is SOOOO limited. Whereas online you can cast a wider net and meet lots of people you wouldn't otherwise. Especially if you are not a social butterfly.

I think also though that the website you choose should reflect your personality. The first one I tried was way too conservative in my opinion (read: boring people) and kept matching me with people who were like the complete opposite of me. Like I hate sports so why are you matching me with people who want to watch football, baseball, basketball, etc every day of the damn week. The second site I tried was way better and I found my current SO who I've been with for years now. 

You´re absolutely right on that one, that´s why I choose this kind of matchmaking. I limit myself to 1 girls daily and don´t spend my free time at searching. The social part isn´t a problem usually, more to get connected to people. There are friends who know people, co workers, musicians...yeah, thank you - didn´t work so far or failed hardcore on the emotional part.

Choosing the right website is really difficult and I´ve tried many websites and apps that could fit. Sometimes with ok-results (and a price intense membership), most of the time with bullshit-results. At my current dating app I´m not sure if it´s a right one, but I don´t need to spend a penny when I don´t want to. Let´s give it some weeks and we´ll see.

Sounds like some good advice about battling the inner perfectionist. I particularly like the line about pressure to do better than your best.

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:59 PM, BarbarianBassBro said:

Great, keep me up to date :)

New one is up mate; link in signature.

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

Sounds like some good advice about battling the inner perfectionist. I particularly like the line about pressure to do better than your best.

New one is up mate; link in signature.

Yep, right about that one. Thx, I´ll take a look :) 

• Like 1

Still 0/3 but I´ve got a lifting date with my mate tomorrow. At least it will be 1/3 in a hard and super hot week then ;)

It´s about 50/50 bullshit and good stuff. Still not getting rid of Monster Energy drinks, but at least it´s getting less. Tracked about half of my days in average

I forget to write down things in my thankful list every day! arg!!! At least meditating and calm down helps (4/6)

Haven´t had much time for gaming anyway, so 1/3 transformed into something like 4/6 I guess. I sometimes even get bored of gaming and do adult stuff like laundry instead. Weird... :D

Bonus Quest: Dating and be an awesome single!

11 suggested by App, 2 data corpses, 6 nopes from my side, 5 girls that are cute but don´t respond.

At least the matchmaking system seems to learn a bit, but often I ask myself what the connection is in their eyes. How to connect a typical disco party babe with a nerdy musician? I´ll collect more experience and data from it and make a fun out of it.

Bonus Quest 2: #22 pushups

Spoiler

#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it.

Got challenged by @~RedStone~ and will do my first 22 pushups right now, spread it already

• Like 3

Some quick mini update:

Bonus Quest #22: day 2

Forgot to do my #22 pushups yesterday, so I did it twice today B) Now I challenge @Jarric to follow me into metal power!

#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it. Don´t mind if you don´t like to military at all, I don´t too. But mental issues need more awareness!

Music:

And I´m bandless now. I didn´t like it, but it was a necessary step into freedom. One of my best mates playing guitar in it doesn´t change the fact that the music style changed over the last weeks into something I can´t refer too any longer. Even bigger is, that I don´t have the best chemistry with our new singer. And before I put pressure on it like "choose between him and me" when the overall tendency goes into changing to something more metal, I take my hat and leave them in friendship. Had a great BBQ plus conversation with my bandmates and everything is cool now.

Sadly the semipros didn´t send me anymore messages about what´s going on. I think they forgot me or are simply buttholes. Nevermind, their drummer was stoned all the time and took joint during the audition break, so I guess I wouldn´t be the perfect fit either way.

More updates today evening or tomorrow, be awesome!!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pat G said:

Get your Victor Wooten on, form the band around you.

As a bass player I always feel like a hot gaming chick on a dating site...when I´m doing my advertisements in Facebookgroups etc that I´m searching a band, I get tons of calls for it. There are 1-2 interesting bands, one of them will be met at wednesday. I´ll take my time and only become a band member anywhere when I´m 100% positive on it.

Week 1 summary:

Managed to lift 1/3, feel really sore in the back but it feels good :)

It´s about 50/50 bullshit and good stuff. Still not getting rid of Monster Energy drinks, but at least it´s getting less. Tracked about half of my days in average

Thankful list 2/7, meditating 5/7

4/7 in total

12 suggested by App, 2 data corpses and 6 nopes from my side, 6 girls that are cute but don´t respond.

Did 22 with ok form, now I challenge @Dargon Steele

Spoiler

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it. Don´t mind if you don´t like to military at all, I don´t too. But mental issues need more awareness!

• Like 1

I second the above suggestion. Maybe starting a band is the best way to go :)

I´ll take a look at two bands this and next weeks wednesday, especially for the next weeks one I´m pretty excited. I´m already writing a lot with their rhythmguitar player and we seem to be on the same page in many points. They´re making a mix of Korn, System of a down, Trashmetal and Funk (WTF is this mix?! :D ) and they´re excited about me adding some Iron Maiden bass style and Rammsteinpower to it.

If those two bands won´t work I´ll start something special.

On 24.7.2016 at 0:38 PM, BarbarianBassBro said:

Week 1 summary:

Managed to lift 1/3, feel really sore in the back but it feels good :)

Thankful list 2/7, meditating 5/7

4/7 in total

12 suggested by App, 2 data corpses and 6 nopes from my side, 6 girls that are cute but don´t respond.

Did 22 with ok form, now I challenge @Dargon Steele

Reveal hidden contents

Week 2, day 1 and 2)

Pretty sore today, so I´ll lift tomorrow, thursday and saturday

Managed to do one day without soda, one day I couldn´t. Didn´t track sunday, but did today. So it´s 1/2 and 1/2

Thankful list 1/2, Meditating 2/2

1/2 because sunday was funday

14 suggested by App, 2 data corpses and 7 nopes from my side, 7 girls that are cute but don´t respond. It starts wrecking my selfesteem...I´m totally not trying to date out of my league in my view, but somehow it´s pulling down my motivation.

Did 22 with ok form, now I challenge @Volki and @AugustaAdaByron

Spoiler

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Did 22 with ok form, now I challenge @Volki and @AugustaAdaByron

Reveal hidden contents

I hate you a little bit at the moment.

I fully support the cause but...

Nop, nop, nop! Not happening! I'm already sore from yesterday's bench and I'm supposed to go up to my 1RM in two weeks from now. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Nop, nop, nop! Not happening! I'm already sore from yesterday's bench and I'm supposed to go up to my 1RM in two weeks from now. 

Don't feel bad. I was challenged and haven't done any. It just isn't in the cards right now. I don't think my body can take the extra challenge at the moment. Maybe later this year. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

9 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Don't feel bad. I was challenged and haven't done any. It just isn't in the cards right now. I don't think my body can take the extra challenge at the moment. Maybe later this year. 

No need to hate me. See my "challenge" as an invitation you can refuse any time. Taddea got it on point there

(It´s hard to find challengers in the forum...they´re busy and sore or already challenged by others, will switch to co workers and friends now ;) )

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

No need to hate me. See my "challenge" as an invitation you can refuse any time. Taddea got it on point there

(It´s hard to find challengers in the forum...they´re busy and sore or already challenged by others, will switch to co workers and friends now ;) )

I don't actually hate you. Maybe I should have added a ":P".

I'll take a rain check on the invitation though. :) 

I like that you non-Americans are participating in the challenge for American veterans :)

As written above I´m no fan of any military at all, but such things need awareness.

Week 2, day 3

Had a real hard day at work (my patients are more mad than average these days, today was even worse) and sleep is pretty meh too. Before completely failing again by doing more stuff than I can afford, I´ll not go lifting today and take care of some important adult stuff, recovery and go to bed early. There will be 2 lifting sessions this week for sure, which will be a progress compared to the last weeks ;)

I tracked as well as I could, so it´s 2/3. Nazi soda got me again (need to focus on that one more!), 1/3

Thankful list 1/3, Meditating 3/3

2/3. Followed a webinar after my afterwork nap, will start gaming now.

15 suggested by App, 2 data corpses and 7 nopes from my side, 8 girls that are cute but don´t respond. I start thinking about stopping it even more than yesterday. Getting rejections over and over again, maybe I get matched with a lot of girls that think they´re out of my league or are just not into me. Maybe I´m too impatient, but I need to find other ways of dating. Let´s brainstorm what I haven´t done yet the next days and improve selfesteem again.

Did 22 with ok form, I switch to talking about this challenge with friends and co workers. I don´t want to stalk the forums who doesn´t to this challenge yet, so I just spread awareness otherwise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

15 suggested by App, 2 data corpses and 7 nopes from my side, 8 girls that are cute but don´t respond. I start thinking about stopping it even more than yesterday. Getting rejections over and over again, maybe I get matched with a lot of girls that think they´re out of my league or are just not into me. Maybe I´m too impatient, but I need to find other ways of dating. Let´s brainstorm what I haven´t done yet the next days and improve selfesteem again.

It's just online dating. You can't take it personally. Some people may be busy and not respond. Others might have found someone who is more interesting to them. Also, it's all a matter of perception. You've rejected about as many girls as the ones that have not responded to you. ;) 

• Like 1