• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

37 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

It's just online dating. You can't take it personally. Some people may be busy and not respond. Others might have found someone who is more interesting to them. Also, it's all a matter of perception. You've rejected about as many girls as the ones that have not responded to you. ;) 

You're absolutely right. The thing is that you can be picky at online dating without any social pressure. In real life you say "No thanks, *Name a reason why not in a kind way* " when you don want to go out, when somebody asks you for going on a date. Online? Just ignore, it's ok... Last year during online dating I started responding though I don't want to date them. Like i would in real life.

Another problem (especially in this App) seems to be, that there are way more guys. Way more to choose from, so girls can be even more picky. At least that's my resumé

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schaengel said:

You could maybe try www.g33kdating.com it's a new site but it looks kinda nice :)

I´ll take a look at it, thx. Any experience with it or just heard of it? Once (the app I´m testing right now) doesn´t seem to work the way I imagined it. It´s the same bullsh!t as everywhere, but way slower

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:07 PM, BarbarianBassBro said:

Bonus Quest #22: day 2

Forgot to do my #22 pushups yesterday, so I did it twice today B) Now I challenge @Jarric to follow me into metal power!

#‎22pushups‬ for ‪#‎22kill‬ push up challenge to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

Here's how it works. Complete 22 push ups each day for 22 days and post your progress. Form doesn't matter. Time doesn't matter. Let's spread awareness to put an end to this tragedy. 1 is too many. 

Challenge a new person to do this every day you do it. Don´t mind if you don´t like to military at all, I don´t too. But mental issues need more awareness!

Sorry dude, completely missed your tag on this. I'm game though; will start it on Monday. How's it going for you?

12 hours ago, Jarric said:

Sorry dude, completely missed your tag on this. I'm game though; will start it on Monday. How's it going for you?

How could I miss my 666th post...^^

No problem, start whenever it fits you. This whole week is more of a meh, but I´ll write more about it after wakeup. Need sleep now ;)

• Like 1

On 27.7.2016 at 10:52 PM, BarbarianBassBro said:

I´ll take a look at it, thx. Any experience with it or just heard of it? Once (the app I´m testing right now) doesn´t seem to work the way I imagined it. It´s the same bullsh!t as everywhere, but way slower

I had a look into it and it seams pretty nice and friendly, it's pretty new so it might develop in one direction or the other...

36 minutes ago, Schaengel said:

I had a look into it and it seams pretty nice and friendly, it's pretty new so it might develop in one direction or the other...

That is my experience so far too. Though there are no people responding so far and many girls aren't my taste either, it seems to be a real fun community. Lets see where it develops, but I don think that a bunch of nerds at a love quest will transform into buttholes when there are more people involved.

• Like 1

Finally an update after a loooong time...

Goal 1) Train to beat Hitler in the final battle (Do your strongliftish workout 3 out of 7 a week, log your numbers and progress here)

I finally start to get back into Lifting, at least I went 2 times to the gym this week and I´m proud of my good form. Didn´t loose to much gainz and glory here B) 

Goal 2) Fuel your body with awesomeness, no food nazi stuff! (Eat good stuff and track it, don't drink sodas! They're nazi magic and harm you!)

Tracking more or less, at least I´ve trained to have an overview of my meals and can tell if it´s an ok day, awesome or "eat like an asshole" day. The last one was once this week, most of it was ok. We don´t talk about the Soda...

Goal 3) Be your own greatest ally! (Work on mindset by meditating daily and add something to your "Be thankful" list every morning

Meditated about half the days, totally forgot to establish the thankful list.

Goal 4) Balance inner child and adult (Do something adult every day like paper wars, get a bonus point when doing it before gaming and other fun stuff)

Adult stuff fell of the wagon a bit, but gaming did either because I had little time this week. Prepared a lot of music stuff this week with great success (see later on)

Bonus Quest: Dating and be an awesome single!

Finally uninstalled Once. About half was less than interesting or leaves me with the conclusion that the matchmakers are drunk. How does a Lifting rockernerd get matched with a hip-hop-party-barbie? The interesting half never answered or seems to think "Why do I get matched with a fucking nerd?".

G33kdating is just too small right now to be really interesting, but has the potential to be interesting. Started writing with a girl (another nerdnurse!), but she seems to have lost interest after some days.

Bonus Quest 2: #22 pushups

Hmm, now you´re saying...ups.

Bonus Quest 3: Music

After 2 hard weeks of searching ;-) I found my new band! I bet @Jarric would love it:

It´s a crazy mix of NuMetal like System of a down or Korn, some Trashmetal and funk (what the funk?!), all with a mix of clear voice and a hell of a shouting. At some parts of the songs you even hear some Rammstein-influence. When listening to them I couldn´t decide if I love it or find it crazy disgusting. After the audition I decided to love it! They´ve been pretty impressed by my play and loved my sound. The whole band are pretty cool younger guys and a really crazy guy in my age I love to do shittalk with :D Two of them seem to be loving some iron sometimes regarding their appearance (future gym buddies?). In short: love at first sight and hearing

Week 3 summary:

Had a hard time keeping up my goals, but it´s going straight up from now on. Will switch to some easier goals tomorrow, be curious nerds and nerdettes!

• Like 3

Congrats on finding the new band! Plus if that pans out and you guys start playing shows regularly = all the ladies come to the yard!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Congrats on finding the new band! Plus if that pans out and you guys start playing shows regularly = all the ladies come to the yard!

Right! This will take some time, but it´s definitely a brighter part of my future :P 

Last week challenge goals:

After reading why being selfish can be good, I started thinking about my own personal best and to my opinion it´s a good time to adapt.

Goal 1) Make Lifting a priority

Plan your schedule to be able to lift 3times a week

Lifting is gainz, stage body, less to no back issues....

Goal 2) Make Nutrition a priority

Track daily, track what´s possible and try to have an overview over things you can´t track. It should be roundabout the right amount of kcal and brotein.

Nutrition is gainz, stage body, a clear Skin, a flat belly...

Goal 3) Make Sleep a priority

Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night. This may not be possible every night (band rehearsals can get pretty late, or I´m just not tired the evening before early shift), but it´s a goal to keep in mind and makes me less vulnerable to nazimagic/Soda: You´re soooo tired, drink a can of monster to be awake when needed...ups, you drank too much, you´re awake till late evening and you´ll be exhausted and tired tomorrow...again! Muahhaha!!!

Sleep is gainz (oh wow, again?), mental health, stress reduction, THE counter argument to soda...

Goal 4) Make being constant a priority

Update here daily, even when you´ve got nothing or bad things to write about! It´s about the journey, not about impressing people on NF how well you did on your challenge!

I´m not the diary type of guy, but I need to check more often.

• Like 3

Name is not fixed yet, but "Toxicomane" is pretty high ranked (no there´s no Facebookpage etc yet, before you google ;-) ). Our rhythmguitar was pretty impressed by it, he translated it with "crazy about poison" and the double meaning. I don´t know if I like it, because I´ve got many (Poly)Toxicomaniacs at work.

• Like 1

On ‎08‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 5:54 PM, BarbarianBassBro said:

Right! This will take some time, but it´s definitely a brighter part of my future :P 

Last week challenge goals:

After reading why being selfish can be good, I started thinking about my own personal best and to my opinion it´s a good time to adapt.

Goal 1) Make Lifting a priority

Plan your schedule to be able to lift 3times a week

Lifting is gainz, stage body, less to no back issues....

Goal 2) Make Nutrition a priority

Track daily, track what´s possible and try to have an overview over things you can´t track. It should be roundabout the right amount of kcal and brotein.

Nutrition is gainz, stage body, a clear Skin, a flat belly...

Goal 3) Make Sleep a priority

Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night. This may not be possible every night (band rehearsals can get pretty late, or I´m just not tired the evening before early shift), but it´s a goal to keep in mind and makes me less vulnerable to nazimagic/Soda: You´re soooo tired, drink a can of monster to be awake when needed...ups, you drank too much, you´re awake till late evening and you´ll be exhausted and tired tomorrow...again! Muahhaha!!!

Sleep is gainz (oh wow, again?), mental health, stress reduction, THE counter argument to soda...

Goal 4) Make being constant a priority

Update here daily, even when you´ve got nothing or bad things to write about! It´s about the journey, not about impressing people on NF how well you did on your challenge!

I´m not the diary type of guy, but I need to check more often.

Mondays Review:

Lifting is planned for tuesday evening, yesterdays work wrecked me. Nutrition (especially tracking) was good, though I couldn´t resist soda again.This reduced my sleep qualitiy a bit, but I got about 7-8 hours of sleep (though it crashed my timeschedule a bit).

• Like 3

Tuesdays Review:

Lifting fell a bit of the wagon, because I bought Overwatch. Late shift, just Play a round of OW and then...timewarp and it's early in the morning O.o But I still got my 8 hours of sleep before work today! :D Well, I'm  at NERDfitness for a reason I guess ;) I'll text my lifting co worker nerd mate NOW, to have a spotter for my bench after work today B) 

Tracking was brutal honest and I crashed my kcal for 300calories, at least I ate much good stuff like avocado salad and Chili con pollo.

Bonus Quest Dating:

Doing some Research on the Internet makes me wanna quit onlinedating for real...I'll stick with the advices from you guys and my mates: take care about lifting and music, groupies/girls will come when time has come. Geekdating is a nice thing to take a look once a day, but it's a just started beta dating site...every two days a new girl and then they live 300-400km away. Nah...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Tuesdays Review:

Lifting fell a bit of the wagon, because I bought Overwatch. Late shift, just Play a round of OW and then...timewarp and it's early in the morning O.o But I still got my 8 hours of sleep before work today! :D Well, I'm  at NERDfitness for a reason I guess ;) I'll text my lifting co worker nerd mate NOW, to have a spotter for my bench after work today B) 

Gym partners for the win! You two should go on the regular and then it will be harder to skip out for video games. :) 

10 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Gym partners for the win! You two should go on the regular and then it will be harder to skip out for video games. :) 

Indeed. He's been my gym mate for a long time now and we both had the form of our lifes some years back (when being training buddies constantly for a period of nearly 2 years in a row, 3 times a week). Sadly we're both shift workers and then life and studying psychology happened for him, so the streak broke. We're trying to fix this for some years now, with mediocre success.

You're right on that one. Though I would really need a perfect timed gym buddy at least every bench session. By the way he's sick of yesterdays party because the last beer must have been bad, he'll answer me later if he's ready for some bench action ;) 

Soda...you got me. O.o

At the moment I'm satisfied when soda doesn't affect my sleeping schedule, what's my prioritiy for now. I still don't find a way to skip them completely (like I did for weeks when starting here...which makes me angry), but when i can't be perfect I need to take baby steps till i can avoid soda.

Surprise of the day: I DO like tea! I sometimes try some tea with a bit honey when I'm bored, sick and feel cold (all at once) or at work. Today a patient gave me some fresh peppermint out of our clinics garden and I gave it a try. I got the feeling that I need to spit it out when drinking tea, since I'm some days old. Now I drink some tea and like it. Strange world...one day I'll love coffee maybe? B) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Strange world...one day I'll love coffee maybe? B) 

Coffee is an acquired taste. But once you acquire it (i.e. become addicted to its sweet sweet lovin') you'll never go back. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Coffee is an acquired taste. But once you acquire it (i.e. become addicted to its sweet sweet lovin') you'll never go back. 

The problem is that my stomach wants to jump out of my body when smelling it...it will be a loooong run to get used to it^^

Wednesday review:

Didn´t track everything, but was in an ok range (though I couldn´t resist soda). Worked out after exhausting work with a hangovered buddy, but it was fun and technique was good with challenging weights. My mate improved great at squat mobility, which is even more awesome because he´s as strong as a bull but as flexible as a brick wall. :)  Sleep was great after that lifting session and without the need of an alarm clock.

Thursday review:

I know it´s still thursday, but I can do this one short. Didn´t track because it was a planned eat like an asshole day with a friend (we tried out a burger restaurant in town with great reviews; absolute awesome!), lifting is set for friday right after work and I´ll not get enough sleep because it´s early shift tomorrow and I´m not tired yet. I bet it will be about 5 hours.

• Like 3

Friday Review:

Planned to work out right after work, but my bet was wrong (3 hours instead of 5 hours of sleep). So I took a nap after a really exhausting early shift and tried to go to bed early. Tracking was good, nutrition ok. Sadly I'm still pretty tired the whole days, so I can't stick to skipping caffeine-sugar bombs. Nazimagic, you got me -.-

Saturday Review already:

I'm off to a birthday party right after work, so I've got no time left for working out instead of yesterday. This will make tracking complicated but not impossible. Sleep was ok, but only about 5-6 hours. I'll watch out getting back home today early and not start playing games instead of going to bed.

Challenge finals:

Wow, is it already over? Well, my Kung Fury Challenge didn't go as expected (because crushing a ton of nazis at once isn't that easy), but at least I got back to lifting and ok nutrition

hdy4lwmvdnesl7lv9dd3.gif

Thanks all for having good advice, you're help is always appreciated

i2q6FVN.0.gif

Now I'll travel on to future challenges (watching out of course, because time travelling is dangerous), I'll stick with the same goals next round to improve more - because being awesome is a journey B) 

1432889122912261.gif

\m/ Keep on rocking! HAMMERTIME \m/

tumblr_inline_nph9x5nbUC1s3vxgv_500.gif

• Like 4

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 2:47 PM, BarbarianBassBro said:

Bonus Quest 3: Music

After 2 hard weeks of searching ;-) I found my new band! I bet @Jarric would love it:

It´s a crazy mix of NuMetal like System of a down or Korn, some Trashmetal and funk (what the funk?!), all with a mix of clear voice and a hell of a shouting. At some parts of the songs you even hear some Rammstein-influence. When listening to them I couldn´t decide if I love it or find it crazy disgusting. After the audition I decided to love it! They´ve been pretty impressed by my play and loved my sound. The whole band are pretty cool younger guys and a really crazy guy in my age I love to do shittalk with :D Two of them seem to be loving some iron sometimes regarding their appearance (future gym buddies?). In short: love at first sight and hearing

Sorry I've not been keeping track bro, I really need to sort out my notifications so I see tags! That sounds awesome, please send me a link when you guys have something recorded, I'd love to hear it!

And sounds like your journey is going awesome man, a few stumbles along the way, but you're definitely moving forward. Looking forward to the next one!

• Like 1