• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Br0din

Br0din gets his #@$% together

It is very frustrating to have to stop before you are ready. You got 335 on bench which is pretty damned amazing. You are indeed the Allspotter, and there is a whole guild of warriors who look up to and admire you. (Don't think we Rangers don't know how to decode all the Warrior Mockery ;))

• Like 3

Days where you don't perform as well as you want to strike everyone. Tomorrow is another opportunity to crush it~

• Like 1

I did watch the "Fittest of Earth" and I loved the part where Matt Fraser knew he was going finish 2nd. He just went off, "I freaking hate this, you might as well call me the first of the losers, I'm never going to live this down, I'm freaking over it already. Ughh..."

I absolutely loved it. Perfect picture of the mindset of some one who wants it. I know people look up to me and I do my best to lead by example, but guess who I'm looking up to now?

I really love talking about mindset, mental toughness, and figuring out what it takes to train hard. Am I training as hard as I could be? Am I chatting too much between sets? Or if I get caught up in the truly 100% effort training, will I go until I'm so hurt that I find myself in the ER getting cool meds and an MRI. Finding the balance is hard.

I guess that's why I'm having a small crisis of faith.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Br0din said:

I did watch the "Fittest of Earth" and I loved the part where Matt Fraser knew he was going finish 2nd. He just went off, "I freaking hate this, you might as well call me the first of the losers, I'm never going to live this down, I'm freaking over it already. Ughh..."

I absolutely loved it. Perfect picture of the mindset of some one who wants it. I know people look up to me and I do my best to lead by example, but guess who I'm looking up to now?

I really love talking about mindset, mental toughness, and figuring out what it takes to train hard. Am I training as hard as I could be? Am I chatting too much between sets? Or if I get caught up in the truly 100% effort training, will I go until I'm so hurt that I find myself in the ER getting cool meds and an MRI. Finding the balance is hard.

Believe it or not this is a good place to be. Now it may not feel good at all, but this is where the psyche gets stronger. You are feeling the mental equivalent of DOMS. Faith is not absolute certainty in something. It is, if you will allow a phrase from my belief system, a hope in things unseen. Doubt is an integral part of faith, and what we do with doubt determines the strength of our beliefs. Those who ignore doubt and pretend it doesn't exist have a weak faith because they are not intellectually honest with themselves. Those who surrender to doubt have a weak faith because they abandon that faith at the first perceived challenge. Those in the middle, however, struggle with doubt, never surrendering their belief but never avoiding the testing of those beliefs either. That struggle breaks down some of the fibers of faith the same way muscle fibers are broken down in a lifting session. You will not get a full resolution to your crisis, but you will choose to continue believing. And when the struggle subsides for a time, your faith will heal, stronger than it was before the doubt.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Br0din said:

Vicodin and electromagnets FTW!

I need to watch FoE.

• Like 1

Vicodin and electromagnets FTW!

I need to watch FoE.

Vicodin... Pfftt!! I don't slum with that weak ass meds... Oxys all the way

What a weekend. I slept most of it and ate like an asshole the whole time. I figured out how to get into the clean rack position (flexibility in the wrists.) and I did Deload half week. Time to get back at it. Day 3 of week 1 of cutting cals hard

• Like 4

I may have been premature with my ability to get into clean rack position. I reall need to work on wrist flexibility and not just on legs days. Time to start a new cycle on 5-3-1 today, I'm going to need to repeat last cycle, but I need to figure out what number I was using as my 1RM

I got my shit (kinda) together yesterday with my bench workout. 6a45f237be178cda089fb4bbac48ac31.jpg

I'm repeating last cycle again with a planning max of 350lbs and I didn't fail the 5 reps at 300lbs. I did get slight spotter help, but he mostly just got me through the sticky spots.

Foods on point. And I'm sucking at writing up a Warrior's Challenge.

• Like 2

Re: clean rack position: Is it definitely flexibility or might it be grip width?

I remember repeatedly trying to find mine and it was a combination of flexibility, grip width, and where I point my elbows.

Edit: I also might be doing it wrong... smh.

• Like 1

Re: clean rack position: Is it definitely flexibility or might it be grip width?

I remember repeatedly trying to find mine and it was a combination of flexibility, grip width, and where I point my elbows.

Edit: I also might be doing it wrong... smh.

If I stretch my wrists out, I can do what think is the correct form. But I need coaching...

So something that really helped me get into what I consider a solid front rack position was mashing the crap out of my forearm and bicep around elbow with a la crosse ball.  For some reason, doing that really opened up my wrists.  Thinking was that I got some extra slack in my forearms and the tendons could stretch a bit more.  Might be worth a shot.

• Like 2

its been a while since I posted, so lets close this up.  

On 8/6/2016 at 1:17 PM, Rooks said:

So something that really helped me get into what I consider a solid front rack position was mashing the crap out of my forearm and bicep around elbow with a la crosse ball.  For some reason, doing that really opened up my wrists.  Thinking was that I got some extra slack in my forearms and the tendons could stretch a bit more.  Might be worth a shot.

This freaking hurt.  I've spent the last 2 weeks lax balling the fuck out of my forearms.  But I think I'm getting into a decent clean rack position, but still has room for improvement. My elbows should still be higher and I need to get all 4 fingers to wrap around it.   

i think the 3 weeks low on cals, 1 week higher mostly worked.  I'm seeing differences in my arms, shoulders and calves, but I think I'm gaining fat at the waist.  I'm going to try this again, but not eat like a complete asshole on the high week.  

Repeating my 5-3-1 cycle using 350 as my 1RM worked too.  I was able to hit all my rep PRs, including matching my "competition" 1RM of 335 lbs.

• Like 2