• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Br0din

Br0din gets his #@$% together

Being a Ranger is free. Crossfit is expensive. Not all Rangers Crossfit. Some of us are power lifters who also do other things.

I think I'll stick with training for power in bench, physique in everything else and 500m sprint rows. Those peg boards looked fun. I want to be available for different training opportunities. Train harder and smarter.

I may be struggling with eating "only" 2500 cals. I need to be better.

• Like 2

Excuse my stupidity allspotter, you morning my gains? Or is it from more?

Ha! My spelling does suck, at least it wasn't an obvious grammar mistake.

• Like 1

Look who's back! Hello, almighty Brodin! *waves*

On 25 Jul 2016 at 9:49 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Rangers gonna Ranger, even the ones who don't know they're Rangers yet.

Rangers are just warriors who haven't yet realised that they like lifting more than they like cardio.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Rangers are just warriors who haven't yet realised that they like lifting more than they like cardio.

What is the point of all that strength if you have neither the speed nor the endurance to get where your strength needs application?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What is the point of all that strength if you have neither the speed nor the endurance to get where your strength needs application?

With warrior strength, you just slowly plod to wherever you want to be.  Once there, no amount of cardio can dislodge you.  Cardio is for running away.

• Like 5

My operating philosophy is if I can make my bodyweight so sub-maximal relative to squat and deadlift work sets, moving my body at greater speeds for longer times is inevitable. Ergo I don't actually train it, yet it improves.

• Like 3

For me it's about interest. Tell me to run a 5k, and I'll laugh at you... Get me playing soccer, I'll run until I puke, and maybe run some more. I think my problem is... I'm not being externally pushed as hard as I can be. Sure, I'm making gains and getting stronger, but am I maxing my potential? Am I as athletic as I could be? That's my hangup, why aren't I more athletic?

I'm sucking at counting my calories this week. Basically eating more (2500 cals/day) = eating everything. Today's legs day. I am really starting to feel my mobility strengthen and I'm starting to be able to add weight to my front squats, but I need to learn how to grip the bar better with a snatch grip. Off to interwebs for research.

Now back to the cardio vs non cardio fight!!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm more like...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Br0din said:

I think my problem is... I'm not being externally pushed as hard as I can be. Sure, I'm making gains and getting stronger, but am I maxing my potential? Am I as athletic as I could be? That's my hangup, why aren't I more athletic?

I have this internal debate all the time. I'm still struggling to find the external motivator that will help me get more athletic. I tried a circuit class and then was broken 2 days later. I'll try it again soon. 

What's stopping you from doing more soccer?

• Like 1

I have this internal debate all the time. I'm still struggling to find the external motivator that will help me get more athletic. I tried a circuit class and then was broken 2 days later. I'll try it again soon. 

What's stopping you from doing more soccer?

The usual 2 reasons: it's cost money to join a league and... It's too hot outside, only 109 yesterday.

I did have one of my best legs days yesterday. My motivation was through the roof and since I've been eating... I had a shit ton of energy. And I can actually use this meme.

769213141cc96657b967e640dd46a2f0.jpg

Cause I'm

Hurting today (finally!!)

3392ed39eb1bd44bd86d7347c4072627.png

So I'll walk it off and get ready for bench day today

• Like 4

I feel you on the heat. I really want to get into hiking but my lungs don't tolerate heat or extreme cold well. Being in the north that leaves like 2-4 months of the year for outdoor exercise... like April 15 - June 15 and Sept 15 - Nov 15. haha. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I feel you on the heat. I really want to get into hiking but my lungs don't tolerate heat or extreme cold well. Being in the north that leaves like 2-4 months of the year for outdoor exercise... like April 15 - June 15 and Sept 15 - Nov 15. haha. 

I think those two ranges work here, as well....

• Like 1

Cold doesn't bother me, and it doesn't really get cold here, so that only means June-August are the most miserable months of the year. Or I have to drive 2-4 hours away to do things...

5 hours ago, Br0din said:

Cold doesn't bother me, and it doesn't really get cold here, so that only means June-August are the most miserable months of the year. Or I have to drive 2-4 hours away to do things...

Where are you based? Maybe there are some no fee meetup groups (I've had good luck with those) or craigslist type community activities that aren't creepy and involve strangers coming to your house and cutting your hair, seriously WTF is wrong with craigslist anymore??? 

So tired, yesterday's workout destroyed me. But I'm an (Internet) tough guy. So I did this:

df83354e5d40a981c856339558181988.png

I really struggled on the 3 reps at 300lbs. And got really stuck about 1 inch above my chest for the 335lbs. Spotter said he didn't really help me, he had to get both hands gripped on the bar. Maybe I can crash and burn around 9.

• Like 3