• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TiffanyD

Tiffany D is Back and Becoming a Strongwoman

Following to learn about strongman training! Thanks for sharing the videos :). I just started going to a new gym that has two tires -- I REALLY want to learn how to flip them.

• Like 1

Due to the stress of dealing with my house stuff, and getting a realtor set up to sell the place I skipped out on Orange Theory.  I needed to give my body some rest as well to be completely honest.

Starting out this week fresh though, and I am officially starting push-up challenge today as well (better late than never!).  Weight training is today as well as meal prep for lunches, and grocery shopping since I have no good food in the house.

As of Saturday A.M. I was 180.8lbs, so that is averaging a bit less than 1lb a week, but it's been steady for 3 weeks so that is a good trend to have!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2016 at 6:11 AM, Alanna said:

Following to learn about strongman training! Thanks for sharing the videos :). I just started going to a new gym that has two tires -- I REALLY want to learn how to flip them.

It's kind of like a squat, but instead of an upward movement you are aiming more forward for your push than up.  They are fun and exhausting, which means it's a good exercise in my book!

• Like 2

7/19 - This was originally supposed to be my Monday workout but we rescheduled to yesterday instead.

Speed Supersets

Squat 135 x 5
DL 135 x 5

Squat 135 x 6
DL 135 x 6

3 Sets with 60 second rest between sets
Squat 135 x 7
DL 135 x 7

2 Sets with 120 second rest between sets
Squat 135 x 8
DL 135 x 8

3 x 15 at 53lbs kettlebell swings

First day of pushup challenge I did pushup to alternating toe touches (and told my co-worker he was challenged), and yesterday were just normal ones because I was dead after my workout (and made my coach do them as well).  My back is a bit sore today, and I have another weight day scheduled so hopefully he is nice to me.

• Like 3

That's the kind of craziness my trainer was having me do. Supersets of the lifts with very little rest between sets. That is hard and you did what looks like 7 sets. You are kicking ass. 

• Like 1

7/20

Drop sets seated military press
70lb x 12 to 40lb x 15
70lb x 12 to 40lb x 9
70lb x 15 to 40lb x 15
3 sets of 85lb x 10 to 50lb x 10

Side abdominal cable pulldowns
5 sets of 15 per side at 55lbs

I then got a back massage via car buffer... Not going to lie, this is the best my back has felt in months.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Speak more of this massage via car buffer. 

It turns out that a car buffer (like you use for polishing a car) makes a tremendous massage tool...  And I'll bet you already have one....

• Like 1

Just now, wildross said:

It turns out that a car buffer (like you use for polishing a car) makes a tremendous massage tool...  And I'll bet you already have one....

Do not have one.  Is it electric?  Handheld?  Perhaps I should google this...

2OrbitalPolisher3.jpg

Random orbital buffer/polisher.  The sanding head is more soft/foam based with a micro fiber cover.  It doesn't purely spin.  It has a cammed wobble to it as it slowly spins.  It's kind of a big vibrating spinning foam pillow.  I've never heard of massage applications, but makes sense.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grymm said:

2OrbitalPolisher3.jpg

Random orbital buffer/polisher.  The sanding head is more soft/foam based with a micro fiber cover.  It doesn't purely spin.  It has a cammed wobble to it as it slowly spins.  It's kind of a big vibrating spinning foam pillow.  I've never heard of massage applications, but makes sense.

Yep, this was pretty much it.  I will be buying one asap.

3 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Speak more of this massage via car buffer. 

The gym I train at has a massage table with some PVC pipes, foam rollers, and the car buffer.  A lot of the trainers will use this stuff on their clients after some of the more harsh workouts or if you have some pretty bad soreness.  My coach had used the PVC pipe on my back before but not the buffer.  Overall less painful than the PVC pipe but with a deeper massage so a lot of knots and general discomfort that I have had are now gone.  I don't see it as something you could just use on yourself though which makes me kind of sad.

• Like 3

I've used my buffer on my quads and shoulders/arms before. It's pretty hard to apply it to your own back or hammies though :( I like the trend though. everyone will be jiggling away in no time. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Pat G said:

I've used my buffer on my quads and shoulders/arms before. It's pretty hard to apply it to your own back or hammies though :( I like the trend though. everyone will be jiggling away in no time. 

This is not untrue. Now I want one!

Week One Overview:

Workouts: 2 of 3 weight sessions completed.  My trainer was out of town friday and didn't get back in time for our workout Sat so I will be making that up this week.  Saturday I did however push mow the lawn for about 1.5 hours, and lets just say that it really needed to be done so it was quite the workout.  Sunday I hit up the 60 min Orange Theory class because they stopped doing the 90 min ones as of last week, I am kind of annoyed but busted my ass the whole time so I still got a good calorie burn and really pushed myself.

Food:  It went to shit, like really bad :( until yesterday.  I made sure to follow the plan yesterday, and got things ready for today.  I am forcing myself to track stuff on you food until I get back into properly following.

Feeling Pretty:  I got a groupon last week for a boutique salon that does shampoo, blow dry, and style sessions and treated myself on friday.  My thunder thighs also killed a pair of jeans while I was at work so I went and got a new pair over lunch that day.  Still trying to get used to throwing on makeup before I leave the house instead of on my drive, but getting there.

I've been horrible at updating for the push-up challenge but I am keeping up with it.  I stuck to normal for most of the week but did walkouts to pushups yesterday.

Today:

The food:

Breakfast: 3/4 cup cottage cheese with half an avacado and pepper, black coffee on the side

Lunch: couscous with slow cooker chicken thighs and some sauteed summer squash

Pre-workout: 2 rice cakes and some yogurt

Post-workout: 1 scoop protein powder with 1 cup almond milk.

Dinner: Salmon (8-10 oz) with 6oz brown rice and 6-8 oz broccoli

Weight Training after work, and 14 min on the max trainer when I get back from that.

My mini goal this week is to hit at least 2.2k calories burned every day.

• Like 4

Yesterdays workout:

Banded medicine ball throws/keg toss sim
42lbs of resistance on band based on position

15lbs x 12 for warmup

2 sets of 25lb x 15

4 sets of 35lb x 10

Viking press

Warmup - 40lbs x 10

5 sets of 50lbs x 8

22 reg pushups because my arms were kind of dead already.

I may have switched out my post workout for a beer :S but other than that I stuck to the plan.  Down to 179.8lbs this morning so I am still averaging about a 1lb a week loss.

• Like 5

7/27 Workout

Axel lift and overhead press
2 warmup sets - 70lb x 5
85lbs x 4
100lbs x 3
2 sets 110lbs x 2 - Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJYpNKD7jl8
2 sets 110lbs x 3

Still need work using my body at the overhead press part, but I have a huge internal fear of having my feet off the ground at any point.

Burnouts on leg press
270lbs of plates
40 reps first set
30 reps second set
40 rep on third - stubbornness kicked in to get me there.

Somehow I am not sore today, but I have weight training again to make up for last week so I am sure that will change.

• Like 3

On 7/21/2016 at 1:54 PM, TiffanyD said:

The gym I train at has a massage table with some PVC pipes, foam rollers, and the car buffer.  

Duuuuude..... if someone worked that out so you could just flip a switch and let it happen that would be epic!!! I'm totally stalking your videos btw! So inspiring :D:D:D 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

7/27 Workout

Axel lift and overhead press
2 warmup sets - 70lb x 5
85lbs x 4
100lbs x 3
2 sets 110lbs x 2 - Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJYpNKD7jl8
2 sets 110lbs x 3

Still need work using my body at the overhead press part, but I have a huge internal fear of having my feet off the ground at any point.

Are you supposed to jump?

Video looked strong!

• Like 1

7/28 Workout

Medicine ball throws - keg toss practice 8ft bar

Warmup with 25lbs x 5 - 1 miss
25lbs x 9 - no misses
35lbs x 5 - 1 over, 4 hits
35lbs x 6 - 1 over, 5 hits
35lbs x 5 - 2 over, 3 hits, 1 miss
25lbs x 13 because I only hit 4 time before the last one went over.
25lbs x 10, 9 over, 1 hit
25lbs x 9, all over

Yesterday we found out the ascending weights for the keg toss, 20, 25, 30 and 35 lbs.  We also found out another event which will be the Conan's Wheel.  Training for that begins today!

I am in fairly full makeup today, and it looks like my job is giving me some reinforcement for the feel pretty part of my challenge.  We are being audited next week and the week after so no jeans are aloud, I am not the happiest of campers but oh well. 

• Like 2

I would think a 35# medicine ball would be a little harder than a 35# keg.  You can hold the edge of the keg.  That'll get the center of the keg farther from your center, length the path of acceleration, and increase the release point height.  However, it might pose problems if your legs aren't long enough to easily swing the key through.  Your thoughts?

4 hours ago, Grymm said:

I would think a 35# medicine ball would be a little harder than a 35# keg.  You can hold the edge of the keg.  That'll get the center of the keg farther from your center, length the path of acceleration, and increase the release point height.  However, it might pose problems if your legs aren't long enough to easily swing the key through.  Your thoughts?

The keg should be easier due to a better grip since it has handles like you say.  I may in fact have problems with my short stubby legs, but I won't know until I get the keg.  They are half kegs/specific to competition though so hopefully I won't have problems.

7/29 - Workout

Axel overhead press (single lift)

55lbs x 10 warmup

55lbs for time
30 seconds - 19 reps
30 seconds - 22 reps

70lbs for time
30 seconds - 15 reps
30 seconds - 18 reps

80lbs for time
30 seconds - 12 reps
30 seconds - 15 reps

Back row - machine
40lbs x 15
60lbs x 8 
60lbs x 10
60lbs x 12

7/31 - Workout

Orange Theory 60 min class - got in my push-ups during class in the form of triceps pushups off of a medicine ball, that was super challenging. 

This was probably one of the worst ones I have done in a while, I just hated the whole thing and wanted it to be done with.  Still burned over 700 calories so that is a plus I guess.

Didn't do great with my other goals though, while I did try "lady like" a few days it hasn't been a grand priority (probably due to stressful shit going on but that is still just an excuse).  This week will be different since work is requiring me to not look like I rolled out of bed for the next 2 weeks.  Food wasn't great, and I swear every time the SO and I say fuck it, we want pizza the pizza is always disappointing :( so not only did I splurge too much, but it wasn't even that enjoyable.

• Like 2

8/1 - Workout

Conan's Wheel practice - Will post video later today

180lbs to 4th bar and back
180lbs to 6th bar and back - 3 sets

Cable Back Row with pause
5 Sets - 60lbs x 10

There is another lady training for the same competition I am in at my gym, and she works with my trainer.  By the sounds of it she wants to train work with another woman so I may be getting free sessions on Sundays :D

• Like 2