noxiousGnome -- Rebooting the Gnome

noxiousGnome

Here's a recap of the last week, just so I don't forget it:

Since I posted this thread I have done the following consistently:

1. Tracked 2/3rds or more of all my food and beverage intakes.

2. Walked at least the 6k goal placed on my Jawbone UP, I hit 6.5k daily, average about 7.1k steps a day. I upped my goal last night to 7k a few hours before bed... Still killed it. So here's to seeing if I can do 7k a day.

3. Sleep is being tracked, still averaging around 6hrs a night.

4. Schedule... I may have to figure this one out more...

Here is a bit of my current situation:

I am a software developer for Walmart, I started here recently and I have a 8-5 job Monday through Friday that allows for a mixture of moving around and sitting but mostly sitting. The company seems to approve of physical activity and I say that because they are involved with a ZP challenge and have a three floor massive gym for employees at a reasonable price. They are big on biking as they have bike racks all over their campus (which stretches pretty much across the city of Bentonville). Outside of work though I am a father, we try to have a set schedule for things which involves: Wife's job, Daughter's Daycare, Dinner, Bathtime for Izzy, Bedtimes for all three of us. We have a roommate who lives with us and he is reasonable and kind enough to bring me home and pick up Izzy from daycare if wifey doesn't get out of work before 1800, which happens quite a bit actually.

So far my weekdays look something like this, it isn't entirely accurate though:

Up by 0600 - get dressed and around

0630 to 0700- take Izzy to daycare (we try for earlier, usually never happens

0705 to 0715 - drive home/work depending on wife's schedule

0715 to 0730 - if not home still driving to drop me off to work, traffic sucks. If going home, quick nap/get ready for the day.

0730 to 0800 - drop me off to work if we went home

0800 to 1700 - work for me, varies meetings, lunch at 1200

1700 to 1800- if wife is out before work, she comes and picks me up and we get Izzy. Otherwise I wait for roommate/coworker and he takes me to pick up my daughter from daycare and we go home.

1830 to 1900 - get Izzy fed and make dinner/lunches for tomorrow

1900 to 1930 - eat dinner

1930 to 2000 - watch some tv

2000 to 2030 - bathtime and bedtime prep for izzy

2030 to 2100 - take izzy for walk

2010 to 2130 - lay izzy down for bed, get ready for bed. Izzy usually falls asleep closer to 2130

2130 to varies all the way to 0000 - watch tv spend time with wife.

whenever we fall asleep to 0600 - sleep. get up periodically for izzy if she needs a drink or she has a nightmare, etc.

It looks like a pretty packed day, but really that 0800 to 1700 is pretty empty, I can't leave work but I need to start utilizing my time better for both me and work. So far it is just sitting there banging head on table while I try to debug something (or in this case... Do nothing cause things aren't working for me)

My weekends:

Up by 0900

2000 to 2030 - bathtime and bedtime prep for izzy

2030 to 2100 - take izzy for walk

2010 to 2130 - lay izzy down for bed, get ready for bed. Izzy usually falls asleep closer to 2130

2130 to varies all the way to 0000 - watch tv spend time with wife.

whenever we fall asleep to 0600 - sleep. get up periodically for izzy if she needs a drink or she has a nightmare, etc.

I always feel like I am missing stuff there. Wife works periodically on weekends too.

I will look into your guys suggestions and see what I can come up with. =D Thanks for the advice

Gnomish Superhero-In-Training S3|D3|S1|C3|W4.75|CH3

Gnomish Trials and Tribulations

1|2(a)|3|4
Gnomes Have Epic Quests Too! This gets updated as things get finished or I add more =D