Chris-Tien vs. the Dog Days of Summer

Here to follow my friend. 

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Glad you're enjoying the archery (and doing pretty well at it by the sound of it!). It's on my current hobby to-do list - tried it in scouts when I was a kid but haven't had a look since.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

hi there lady!

so excited about your combat sports, sword especially. :)

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

On 7/18/2016 at 2:41 PM, AthenaMM said:

You may actually get me to go take archery lessons like I said I was going to in one of my first challenges. It sounds like a lot of fun even if it's been a little painful!

Week 2 at the range (after bruises had mostly faded), and I did JUST FINE!!  I had spend the week practicing holding out my arm with the inner elbow rotated IN and NOT UP .... shoulders DOWN.  Spend some time looking at form videos online.  And Sunday, I dinged my elbow once, which was my signal that I was getting tired.  

With good form, I'm not always hitting the target at 20 yards, but that will come.  

On 7/19/2016 at 10:43 PM, Jessebel said:

A corgi who hates cabbage for your viewing pleasure. 

UKhGa.gif

Archery seems awesome. It is on my list of things to do. Unfortunately, it will probably have to wait until spring. I'm excited to see how you progress with it!

Love that Corgi, but I do have to wonder what's going on in it's brain there!!!

On 7/21/2016 at 10:19 AM, MiaulinTheCat said:

Heyoo, fellow Alliance Party Member! I love your theme and your goals, and it looks like you're performing marvelously so far! Especially eager to hear of your archery progress!

Burpees!  Why did it have to be burpees????

• Like 5

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Because Lunges weren't enough torture.

Whole body torture!!!  You guys are just being too helpful in getting me ready for my first OCR!

• Like 4

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

20 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Glad the archery are going so well. Missed you :love_heart:

Thanks!!!  I've been a bit AWOL because I was wrestling with the option of quitting my job.  Yeap. The one I've had for 4 months.  

I came to the conclusion that it was not only a bad fit for me but just a bizarre office with a manager who is either clueless or cruel.  

Not sure what I'm going to do with the extra 12 hours per day, but I'm sure I will find something to do.  (My bow and my running shoes are calling me even now ....)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Thanks!!!  I've been a bit AWOL because I was wrestling with the option of quitting my job.  Yeap. The one I've had for 4 months.  

I came to the conclusion that it was not only a bad fit for me but just a bizarre office with a manager who is either clueless or cruel.  

Not sure what I'm going to do with the extra 12 hours per day, but I'm sure I will find something to do.  (My bow and my running shoes are calling me even now ....)

You have put in a lot of effort to make your position productive and resolve the issues with your colleagues. Good for you for deciding that your good faith effort failed and it is time to get out.

I'll bet you get a lot done with an extra 12 hours a day. I wanted to pick up archery again this summer, but just don't have time until after my next test. Enjoy the summer!

• Like 1

Level 75  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

It took me too long to find your thread to follow!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."