Elennare Chases the Shiny (part 2)

Elennare

Last challenge was a 50% success.  This challenge will be similar to the last one, but I have decided I need to shift my focus for my second goal this time around.

Goal One - maintain an average of at least 13,000 steps/day, composed of exercise converted into steps and actual steps walked.  This goal has a finish date of July 31st, so it doesn't run quite all the way thorough the four weeks (though it does continue during zero week).  If I succeed, I will earn $100.  I nailed this one last challenge.  I'm sure I can keep it going.  I will have to think of something else exercise related to replace it for the last two weeks.  I'll figure that out later.

Goal Two - get the fat loots.  Or, save money.  I think I can actually kill two birds with one stone with this goal.  My current primary not-needed expense is we eat out way too much.  Especially at lunch time, since I've gotten slightly better at making dinner more often.  So, the goal is to not eat more than two purchased meals (either from a restaurant, the prepared-foods section of a grocery store, or TV dinner kind of things) a week.  If I'm lucky, besides making the bank account fatter, some of that fat will come off of my midsection, since we'll theoretically be eating healthier.

• Like 3

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Just realized this first week is going to be hard.  Aside from the fact that I have slacked off a bit more than I meant to for a few days this week, so will have lots of make-up walking/exercising I'll need to do, I am going to be using up my two purchased meals for the week tomorrow. Not going to have a choice, due to traveling.  Then, we get home at somewhere around midnight, likely, and there's not really going to be food in the house for Tuesday, so I don't know how I'm going to avoid 3, or more likely 4, purchased meals this week.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2016 at 5:35 PM, Elennare said:

Just realized this first week is going to be hard.  Aside from the fact that I have slacked off a bit more than I meant to for a few days this week, so will have lots of make-up walking/exercising I'll need to do, I am going to be using up my two purchased meals for the week tomorrow. Not going to have a choice, due to traveling.  Then, we get home at somewhere around midnight, likely, and there's not really going to be food in the house for Tuesday, so I don't know how I'm going to avoid 3, or more likely 4, purchased meals this week.

Ouch. Travelling is hard on healthy eating habits. Welcome home, hope everything went well? 

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Thanks. :)  It went as well as it could have.  Unfortunately, on top of being exhausted from the LONG day, I brought home an unwanted souvenir - a cold. :(

I did, however, manage to buy a bit of food on my way home, so I'm at 4.5 purchased meals this week.  Assuming the cold medicine continues to hold the symptoms mostly at bay, and I can get to bed early again, I think I'll manage to not buy any more meals this week.

And, if I can get over the cold enough by Sunday to go to practice, I should still be on track with my steps, too!

I'm debating going home from work early today, honestly.  I got about 9 hours of sleep last night, and I still feel dead.  I guess I'll see how the morning goes, and then decide.

Edit:  *insert incoherent angry noises here*  I left my lunch at home, so I had to buy food. :'(

Goal two is out the window this week.  I'm not gonna stress it, though, because trying to cook on top of having the boys by myself for a week on top of being sick (and Little One being sick yesterday) and not having a clean kitchen to do said cooking in, is just too much.  I'm doing what I can, but getting over this stupid cold is taking priority.

• Like 1

Goal two is also shot for week two.  It was shot by the end of Sunday, honestly.  But, Husband is home now (yay!), so things are almost back to "normal," which means I'll have a better chance to get stuff in order the rest of this week so I can nail this goal for the second half of the challenge.

Still on track with goal one, though!

• Like 1

Figured out what I'm going to do for the second half of the challenge, to replace the work exercise challenge (which ends Sunday): http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2016/07/27/28-day-ab-challenge/

A 28-day ab challenge.  There's a chance to win some nice exercise clothes if you share it on Instagram and tag 3 people.  I don't think I know 3 people on Instagram, though. :(  Anyone want to help me enter the contest?  You can tag me back, if you want to enter, too. :)

Still haven't gotten the food stuffs in order, yet, but I'm working on it.  Hopefully soon?

And, Husband and I have decided we're going to start lifting weights.  Going to set up a calendar appointment for it.  Thinking Wed or Thurs and Saturday at present.

Edit:  I should probably include my Instagram name here.  elfchickgetsfit

• Like 1

Two days in, not too bad. :) I need to figure out how to take better pictures, though, because so far they've been pretty horrible.

Status update on other stuff:  I finished out the exercise challenge for work with an average of 13,469 steps per day, and earned the $100 reward!  My food goal has not been happening at all.  Every time I think I'm going to be able to get stuff sorted out, life comes and smacks me upside the head with something I need to make a higher priority.  I cooked last night, though!  Made a giant pot of chili, which we will get several days of meals out of.

Maybe I should have started with a goal of 2 days a week of no purchased food?  I'm not sure I've even met that, but given how it's been going, I think that may be a more reasonable goal. :/  Next challenge, I guess.

• Like 1

I went to a skate park this morning! I didn't do anything too fancy, because it was my first time trying something like that, but it was a lot of fun.

Challenge wrap up: 50% success. I nailed the fitness part for once. I maintained enough steps to get the $100 prize, and I've been keeping up with the daily abs challenge.

My food goal turned out to be WAY too ambitious. I did manage to start cooking slightly more, and am making progress on keeping the kitchen clean, so not standing completely still, even if I didn't come close to my goal.

I think next challenge I'm going to focus on all the habits I need to be able to maintain the changes I want to make, rather than trying to make the change first and hope the habit follows. So, stuff like keeping the kitchen clean, getting to bed on time, stretching every day, etc.

• Like 1