• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat G

It's a challenge, not a walk in the park... or is it?

So I did Conditioning #4 this arvo. 

Sorry @Emerald_Dragonfly but i couldn't video this one. Plus, do you really want to see me prance around like a numpty?

I forgot how quickly shadow boxing tires out my back, having to pull punches back in compared to the heavy bag absorbing that energy.

3 x 2 minute rounds. 

Now its dinner time. 

Shakka 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pat G said:

LIke a bunch of angry cold kangas

kanga+full+size.jpg

It has never even occurred to me to picture winter in Australia. What is wrong with me? 

• Like 3

On 23/7/2016 at 0:30 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

It has never even occurred to me to picture winter in Australia. What is wrong with me? 

Endless summers. We have them. Except in Tasmania (where those roos were)

Saturday

SS A

Squat triples at 82.5kg

Bench fives at 77.5kg

Clean triples at 60kg

Then i put my mate Tommy through his paces after the session, some weighted pull ups @ 5 and 10kg (3, 3 and 1, 1 reps), 30 box jumps at low, med and max height. Then a timed 400m run with a 6kg ball.

Sunday

Wifey arranged for me to be able to sleep in (pure love). Didn't hit up church this morning, sent in my apologies to the team that they'd have to manage without bass and stayed home to manage the remaining plague victims.

Spoiler

I didn't get their strain of the plague. I did manage to cop an ulcer right at the back of my throat next to the tonsils. that is giving me an earache? strangeness of the human body. I've got some deadening spray that is keeping me swallowing.

I fired up the fry pan looking to eat and feed some nutrient dense food. Bacon grease, red onion chunks, tomatoes chunked and a green apple chunked... then i had one of those... "ah.... what now?" moments :P

After some really slow deliberation i found some frankfurters, cut them up and fried them up too. Then made wraps out of the soft to swallow stew that resulted.

winner!

also 66 pushups to catch up on the 22 per day challenge RedStone put me on.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Pat G said:

Sunday

Wifey arranged for me to be able to sleep in (pure love). Didn't hit up church this morning, sent in my apologies to the team that they'd have to manage without bass and stayed home to manage the remaining plague victims.

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't get their strain of the plague. I did manage to cop an ulcer right at the back of my throat next to the tonsils. that is giving me an earache? strangeness of the human body. I've got some deadening spray that is keeping me swallowing.

I fired up the fry pan looking to eat and feed some nutrient dense food. Bacon grease, red onion chunks, tomatoes chunked and a green apple chunked... then i had one of those... "ah.... what now?" moments :P

After some really slow deliberation i found some frankfurters, cut them up and fried them up too. Then made wraps out of the soft to swallow stew that resulted.

winner!

Is that Australian fare? Fried green apples? 0.o it sounds as though it could be good, but also rather odd...

We do fried green tomatoes in the South, and fruit in our jello in Utah, so I got no room to talk...

Edited by x Valkyrie x

13 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Is that Australian fare? Fried green apples? 0.o it sounds as though it could be good, but also rather odd...

We do fried green tomatoes in the South, and fruit in our jello in Utah, so I got no room to talk...

It's Pat fare... i don't know of anyone else doing it. I do like grating it up and adding it to my mince for rissoles and burger patties. We do fruit in jelly here too. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pat G said:

It's Pat fare... i don't know of anyone else doing it. I do like grating it up and adding it to my mince for rissoles and burger patties. We do fruit in jelly here too. 

Huh, I may try that!

Thursday 27/07/2016 19:51

I haven't trained properly since Saturday.

The only training point would have been Tuesday arvo, i did 3x5x62.5kg OHP cold. Got home from work, saw Tommy in the garage and worked in with him for 5 minutes.

The ulcer is still happy playing neighbours with my tonsils. I had the erroneous thought that spicy food would clean it up and allow it to heal... i could not have been more wrong. In hindsight i laugh at my thought process, in the moment, it was terrible. I choked down a spicy pulled pork burrito, regretting it with every bite, first time I've not enjoyed one of those. sad day :(

The little beings in the house are still waking me in the night with various ailments (including the dog needing to go). On the plus side the healthy to sick ratio is climbing again, thank you Jesus my man.

singapore-20tour-20august-202009-20164_m

I've still got @Rooks suggestion for the Dan Wod to do this week. But i need one more. Any takers?

Edit: it's not Thurs. It's only Wed... my place is all over the head.  Need an iced coffee.

I'm up to ch 12 in pride and prejudice. More characters and feverish developments. 

Tried reading a few of Seneca's letters... Opened the links on the AoM website only to funk out and glaze within the first paragraph today at work. 

Again!  Tomorrow! 

Edited by Pat G

Wednesday 27 July 10:29pm

Went out to the Pit and did some stuff after re-reading what i just typed above.

Squat:

3x10x30kg warmup. took it real slow

triples at:40, 50, 60, 70kg

2x5x80kg

Pushups

22, 22

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pat G said:

I've still got @Rooks suggestion for the Dan Wod to do this week. But i need one more. Any takers?

Nancy!  Haha... I sort of really like Overhead Squats. :P That said, I'm not sure if I could actually get through a Rx'ed Nancy.  It'd probably take me like 45+ minutes and that's assuming I didn't barbell my head during one of those OH Squats.

11 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I forgot, what kind of fitness suggestions are we supposed to be making? Re: like the Dan Wod. 

Anything that'll make my lungs burn and my stomach gurgle. Conditioning. 

10 hours ago, Rooks said:

Nancy!  Haha... I sort of really like Overhead Squats. :P That said, I'm not sure if I could actually get through a Rx'ed Nancy.  It'd probably take me like 45+ minutes and that's assuming I didn't barbell my head during one of those OH Squats.

"Nancy"

5 rounds for time of:
400 meter run
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps

That sounds terrible. I couldn't RX that. Not even sure if i could do that with the bar and not die.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

What does RX mean? What does Nancy mean? (You warriors speak a different language!)

Glad the plague is passing, sounds like you lucked out! *knock on wood*

I don't know what any of this is either :P We need a lifters glossary admins!!!

8 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

What does RX mean? What does Nancy mean? (You warriors speak a different language!)

Glad the plague is passing, sounds like you lucked out! *knock on wood*

9 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

I don't know what any of this is either :P We need a lifters glossary admins!!!

Rx'ed means "Prescribed".  In this case, the workout specifically calls out 95lb OH Squats for males and 65lb OH Squats for females.  75 OH Squats at 95lbs though is a brutal workout for most humans.  So a lot of people will drop the weight to make it through a workout, but they aren't doing it as "prescribed".  Probably a better definition (taken from here):  

RX is used in CrossFit WODs (Workout of the Day) to prescribe recommended weights or standards for what is typically your best athletes in the class.  Above all it should be a POINT OF REFERENCE to make the process of choosing your weights easier.

Meaning if you can hit most WODs as prescribed, you are probably an animal capable of making lesser humans bow in your presence just by shear force of will. :)  

• Like 3