• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Stonefist

Stonefist accessorises, for real this time

Ok, so last challenge was all about the FUN (or losing, for the non-DF-initiated). So, what do you do when your fortress descends into catsplosion, manslaughter, magma-flooding or simple tantrum spirals ? You start over. So that's what this is, same challenge as last time, only this time I'll do better.

QUESTS

1: Lift 4 days a week. I'm going back to the beginning of the DANGER! program, since last challenge was basically maxing out. So sets of 10, here we go again!

2: Sleep. 8 hours is the goal. Additional bonus if I can get up at 5 am and do my workouts, since this will make everything so much simpler when time management is concerned. 

3: Accessorize. Just. Do. It. Doing them in-between the main lifts ought to cure my tendency to just skip them.

ZERO WEEK:

Just accessories, this week. To start myself off easy, I will do just the accessories on the day they are prescribed. Started off this morning by doing chins and stiff-legged DLs (replacing the hypers I cannot do in my home gym)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stonefist said:

Well, I did my accessories, and man do I need to do more dips. No wonder my bench fails to get off the chest. Whew! I'll be feeling those later, I suspect.

I miss dips! They're conspicuously absent in my program... I suspect I sub them but I don't want to mess with it just yet. Perhaps I will join your dip brigade in the future..

Welp, I did it. At least one day of the full DANGER program, with all the bells and accessories. I have a feeling I am going to regret this (I also have a feeling I have said this before...)

Details in spoiler, for anyone who might be interested, but can't be bothered to go to the dbl.

Spoiler

OHP: 45x10, 65x5x2, 75x5, 85x3, 105x10, 95x10x3

Superset

Chins: 4, 4, 3, 3,

Stiff-legged deadlift: 135x10x5

/Superset

Deadlift: 185x5, 225x4x2, 255x3, 305x10 [PR], 275x10, 275x5x2 (I really did try for 10 here, but there was no more in the tank)

Total weight lifted: 27,282 lbs.

Oh yes, I expect tons of fun. I am expecting at least a couple of tantrum spirals.

Also, I forgot to log my sleep:

Day 1: 8h

Day 2: 7h

Rest day today, I needs it.

Day 3+4 Update

Sleep: 6.5 h x2

Workout: Check

Spoiler

Low bar squat: 115x5x2, 140x5, 175x3, 205x6x3

Bench: 65x5x2, 80x5, 95x3, 140x6x2 (Ran out of time)

Accessories: Nope!

So-so. Time is kicking my butt, so posting on forums is the first thing to go, I'm afraid. 

Here's week 1 summary:

Quest1: Lifted 3.5/4 times, didn't get to do my squats, which I badly need...

Quest2: Slept an average of 6.85 h,

Quest3: Did accessories 2/4 times...back to my old ways, I'm afraid. When time is short, these are the first to go.

Ugh, between farm sitting for my IL and the weather being unbearably hot (for my nordic arse), I am short on both time and energy. I believe this week will be a float, and I'll have to use next zero week to finish the cycle.

Ugh, getting back on track was harder than I thought. 

Week 3 update:

Quest1: Lifted 2/4 times 

Quest2: Slept an average of 6.57h

Quest3: Did accessories 2/4 times.

Time to do better next week!

• Like 1