4 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Ah damn, they are standard size not Olympic so won't work for me. Maybe that's why the one's I've seen are pricey. My Olympic size plates are the same brand as those though and they are good quality for the price.

This is why I opted for a standard bar, the cheapness! One day, in the distant future, I will upgrade to Olympic stuff. Still, good to know I'm getting value for money! Hopefully you can find something that isn't going to break the bank.

...and are you getting thunderstorms where you are? We've just gone through a couple of massive ones, and some of the pictures of the lightning in the area going around FB are kinda scary, considering this was happening right over our heads!

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Yeah the price of Olympic stuff is a bit much sometimes. Hubs wants some 25kg plates and I just can't justify paying for them!

I'm currently sitting on Hampstead Heath in the sunshine, no sign of thunderstorms yet. It is windy though so I'm sure they're blowing this way just in time for the evening commute!

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

10 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I'm currently sitting on Hampstead Heath in the sunshine, no sign of thunderstorms yet. It is windy though so I'm sure they're blowing this way just in time for the evening commute!

Apparently I can't share the one decent video I found, but I think the pictures speak for themselves...

Spoiler

13718787_1024897610960772_39316230038446

13718679_10208609200060288_8274568880247

This was the one I tried very hard to sleep through, the day time one was not as impressive.

Heh, hopefully you don't get them down your way, the sheer amount of rain they come with is horrible, even by Fort William standards!

• Like 7

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

3 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Ah damn, they are standard size not Olympic so won't work for me. Maybe that's why the one's I've seen are pricey. My Olympic size plates are the same brand as those though and they are good quality for the price.

One option you may want to look into for Olympic size smaller weights is baseball bat weights (the kind that slide on the end of the bat for warming up before batting).  Not sure how the price is over there but may be cheaper than actual plates and are generally just about the right size for an Olympic bar (or so I am told).

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

I don't know how I didn't follow you, but I'm following you now!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Damn this thread just exploded.

I-remember-that-I-forgot-your-birthday_o

My advice on the increments. Do 2,5 increments tilly our first deload. Deload and do 1 kg increments. That way you will have arrived at challenging weights, and can slowly increment from there. Combining 1,25 with 0,5 you can actually increment with 0,5 instead of 1 kg a time.

Another tip (you might actually have figured this out by now):

Eevee 

tumblr_mz2q4pFSbN1sial0xo1_r2_500.gif

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Those storm pictures are epic! We didn't get any thunderstorms or rain yesterday.

18 hours ago, bker1370 said:

One option you may want to look into for Olympic size smaller weights is baseball bat weights (the kind that slide on the end of the bat for warming up before batting).  Not sure how the price is over there but may be cheaper than actual plates and are generally just about the right size for an Olympic bar (or so I am told).

Oh that's interesting. baseball isn't a big sport over here so not sure how easy they'll be to find. I'm do some googling later though. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

@skinNbones - You sir are a genius! Either gloves, or I could strap those little wrist weights you can get in Argos to the bar! Those are 0.5kg each and dirt cheap.

Sorry for the thread jack Yeti!

• Like 2

2020 Races: 

4 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I don't know how I didn't follow you, but I'm following you now!

Great to have you along again :D

2 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Damn this thread just exploded.

I-remember-that-I-forgot-your-birthday_o

My advice on the increments. Do 2,5 increments tilly our first deload. Deload and do 1 kg increments. That way you will have arrived at challenging weights, and can slowly increment from there. Combining 1,25 with 0,5 you can actually increment with 0,5 instead of 1 kg a time.

Another tip (you might actually have figured this out by now):

Eevee 

tumblr_mz2q4pFSbN1sial0xo1_r2_500.gif

Heh, it did, didn't it?

That's pretty much what I aim to do once I get hold of the fractional plates. Might be taking baby steps, but they'll still be steps!

I DID NOT KNOW THAT ABOUT THE EEVEE EVOLUTIONS

*vanishes to rename Eevee*

Thanks for the tip! Now I just need to get enough Eevee candy to actually evolve it!

2 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Those storm pictures are epic! We didn't get any thunderstorms or rain yesterday.

Part of me wishes I could have actually seen it... Things have cleared up here now, we've got the sunshine back and far less humidity in the air.

1 hour ago, skinNbones said:

Hi yeti , sorry I've missed you for a few days. Happy belated birthday.

CQ , another way to mess about with small increments could be to use weighted gloves. Mrs bones has some .25, .5 and 1kg gloves (Although she doesn't use them for lifting).

They are us.

Thanks! :) 

4 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

@skinNbones - You sir are a genius! Either gloves, or I could strap those little wrist weights you can get in Argos to the bar! Those are 0.5kg each and dirt cheap.

Sorry for the thread jack Yeti!

Haha, no apologies needed, I'm getting all sorts of interesting tips and tricks from it!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Hey! Another belated Birthday wish, sorry your b'day was a bit pants.  Did you get to enjoy your cider in the end?

Thanks! It wasn't the worst birthday I've ever had, so I guess that's a brightside, maybe? But yes, I did indeed get to enjoy my cider, and that's what's important :D 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, obax said:

Happy belated birthday!!! (Please disregard Stephanie...)

Sounds like you're off to a pretty good start! Glad you got to enjoy your cider, there's nothing better than a good cider to celebrate, well, anything, but especially the coming of another year.

Thanks! (I like corn on the cob too :P)

Cider is always the celebratory drink of choice, no matter the occasion. It's actually the first drink I've had in a good few months as well, which is kinda weird for me... 

Those lightning pictures you posted are gorgeous, Yeti. I hope the storms don't give you too much trouble, though. We've had a small bit of daytime lightning over here. For all its beauty, that stuff is no joke.

Glad you enjoyed your cider!

And...Eeveeeee <3 So cute. I almost hate to evolve them because they're so cute. ^_^

• Like 3

Matthew 25:34-40

7 minutes ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Those lightning pictures you posted are gorgeous, Yeti. I hope the storms don't give you too much trouble, though. We've had a small bit of daytime lightning over here. For all its beauty, that stuff is no joke.

Glad you enjoyed your cider!

And...Eeveeeee <3 So cute. I almost hate to evolve them because they're so cute. ^_^

I envy how so many people were actually able to get a clear shot of the lightning, especially on their phones! It seems to all be clearing up now, there's certainly far less of an atmosphere to mess with my head, anyway. And the rain has dried up, which is a bonus!

Eevee is most definitely cute, but cute will not stand in the way of me getting my Flareon!

• Like 1

Happy (very) belated birthday! I don't know how I got.so far behind in your thread, but finally caught up. Glad the weather's clearing up for you, still bloody hot down here!

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 7  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 2  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Honour amongst thieves

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

Happy (very) belated birthday! I don't know how I got.so far behind in your thread, but finally caught up. Glad the weather's clearing up for you, still bloody hot down here!

Thanks!

I'd ask you to send some of that sun up north, but with the amount of rain still in the sky it'd probably kick off another chain of storms... 

• Like 1

Week: One

Day: …?

Atlas: Hah!

Cronus: Haha!

Mnemosyne: Hahaha!

I haven’t updated in a couple of days thanks to pressure-induced storm-headaches. Tuesday was full of the most oppressive humid heat I’ve come across in a long time, which of course led to actual storms. I got woken up at around 6:30am by thunder, discovered I had a raging headache, and tried to ignore it all and go back to sleep.

When I eventually did drag myself out of bed I didn’t go much further than the sofa, and I definitely didn’t get dressed. However, I did make the decision not to do penalty burpees on account of the fact everything hurt and I felt like death.

So I stayed on the sofa, then crawled back into bed to finish my book.

This morning I woke up feeling a little better, but not great. Still, went to work and did what I could. Spoke to FDO and she let me take a working lunch and clear off an hour early. That was nice, because I finished my shift by cleaning out the chicken section.

I never want to see another chicken again.

It was fowl.

(I told so many variations of this pun and NO ONE gave it the proper appreciation…)

Finally got myself some Pokeballs on the way home, and I hatched this baby:

18dc6c13-5a4a-42ed-9d12-9a7fcabe105f.png

He was originally 283CP, but I boosted him as much as I could. Now I want to find a gym where I can overthrow someone’s Vaporeon or Lapras with my little bunch of noodles.

Looking forward to seeing what comes out of my 10km egg. Over half way there!

The rest of tonight is a refuel and recover kind of deal. I feel better than I did, but I’m wiped out. Tomorrow, all going well, I’ll get back on the workout wagon and start keeping up with my other goals as well.

• Like 5

I may have snorted out loud at your pun.... I'm just glad I wasn't eating or drinking at the time, that would've been messy...

How do you find your battery life is with the Pokemon app? Maybe my battery is just crap, but I find it kills it so quickly that I can't go very far before I get the low battery warning. I wish it would just run in the background for eggs, that'd make things simpler, and faster, since I only have one incubator. Then my runs could hatch my eggs!

• Like 2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

6 hours ago, obax said:

I may have snorted out loud at your pun.... I'm just glad I wasn't eating or drinking at the time, that would've been messy...

How do you find your battery life is with the Pokemon app? Maybe my battery is just crap, but I find it kills it so quickly that I can't go very far before I get the low battery warning. I wish it would just run in the background for eggs, that'd make things simpler, and faster, since I only have one incubator. Then my runs could hatch my eggs!

At least someone appreciates it!

I've had to switch on the battery saver mode, but even then it still chews through some amount of battery. That said, my phone is kind of old, as far as smartphones go (four years), and the battery runs down a lot quicker than it used to. Right now I've only had it running to/from work, which is about 2km each way at best, and that takes about 20% off. I've heard a lot of talk of battery packs, and at this point I can see why...

I've used the battery saver mode, but I have an issue when I do, whereby when I get near a pokestop or it vibrates to tell me I've met a pokemon, and I look at the screen, it returns to the map/animations fine, but I can't interact with the screen at all. So I can't turn the map or tap on a pokestop or pokemon, and I have to restart the app to make it go. My phone's old too, it drains fast but charges slowly, I may have to look into a cheap battery pack if I want to go for a big jaunt.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

10 minutes ago, skinNbones said:

I think Mrs bones has those symptoms. She was saying the touch screen wasn't working.

They are us.

Ya, it's not a big deal with a pokestop, I just walk a little slower, but I've had a couple of pokemon escape on me because of it. It's happened often enough that I think it's an actual issue rather than a minor glitch, at least with my phone, hopefully they fix it soonish.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge