• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber tries not to die

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Front squats went well Monday. Anything past 5 reps is cardio for me currently, so getting the 1st set of 8 @ 50lbs without having to rest for a few seconds mid-set felt good. Also PR deadlifts for reps on Wednesday. I think my Nightmare before Christmas socks really help with my lifting lol.

Nice progress with your lifts. I personally go with anything other than a single as cardio.

a6f713de74efbc49de6fdcfb5773316f.jpg

Also, socks are a key to any lifting wardrobe and I feel as though people drastically overlook them!

• Like 2

On 8/8/2016 at 4:29 PM, ArgSki77 said:

Nice progress with your lifts. I personally go with anything other than a single as cardio.

Thanks! Progress hasn't been particularly linear, but I feel like the past few weeks have gone pretty well. 

I think I'm going to post this on my motivation board, for the next time I consider going for a run when it's 100+ degrees outside lol

a6f713de74efbc49de6fdcfb5773316f.jpg

On 8/8/2016 at 4:29 PM, ArgSki77 said:

Also, socks are a key to any lifting wardrobe and I feel as though people drastically overlook them!

Agreed! A lot of people overlook socks in general. I try my best to make up for those people ;)

• Like 1

Week 4 summary:

Food- Meet my macros.  5/7. Ate out Thursday, not sure about the #'s.. probably over, since there was about cup of butter in that broccoli lol. Saturday was an epic fail between a bridal shower and a buffet. Worth it!

Activity 1- Walk everyday, 10 minutes minimum. (Bonus for 8000+ steps) 7/7. Bonus point Monday evened out Wednesday's miss. Dadgum headaches! :hypnotysed:

Activity 2- Restart handstand practice  Thrice weekly. Check! 3/3

Mental Health self care. 5/7. See aforementioned headaches. I did feel a little better about my outward appearance for a change. (Just in time to start cutting!)

1st challenge mission report:

Food- 21/28. Room for improvement. Weight stayed within the same 2lb +/- from lowest point to highest spike. Something to keep in mind when I finish my cut.

Walk- 29/28. Feel pretty good about that. I think I'll increase the duration of the minimum to 20 minutes for next challenge.

Handstands- 12/12. Bit of improvement. Debating more practice versus giving my shoulders a break.

Mental health- 26/28. Did pretty good with this. I think I'll try to do more positive self-talk for the next challenge.

I survived! :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

I survived! :D

Seriously awesome job on your first challenge!! :D

Seems like you met all of your goals or know where you still need some work. Its always a journey! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

Seriously awesome job on your first challenge!! :D

Seems like you met all of your goals or know where you still need some work. Its always a journey! 

21 hours ago, Grymm said:

Good job on the challenge!

Thanks!! Time to post the next challenge to keep the momentum rolling!

• Like 1