• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM's light and fluffy challenge

10 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

That is a really weird soup and I never would have thought of that. ahaha. Which clearly means I need to save it and try it this fall when it's not a billion degrees outside. 

haha i can eat soup anytime of year! plus i made it in the pressure cooker so it didn't get too hot in the kitchen. and bonus, i finally used my stick blender for something other than mayo! it really is very good and would be easy to add meat or starch to.

15 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

haha i can eat soup anytime of year! plus i made it in the pressure cooker so it didn't get too hot in the kitchen. and bonus, i finally used my stick blender for something other than mayo! it really is very good and would be easy to add meat or starch to.

thick-cut smoked bacon! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

Oooh, soup. Puree spiced sausage with sweet potato and you got something special. F'real.

:o

I know what I'm doing this weekend

• Like 2

On 7/20/2016 at 10:00 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

also i can't decide if i want to shadow a goruck tough on November 11-12 or do the fenway spartan again... there's a groupon right now for the spartan. which would probably be the same cost of me getting a ruck/bricks. but the spartan is a couple hours in daytime and the goruck is like a bajillion hours throughout the night.

I.... you mean you don't want to celebrate with me for my 30th?

!B7NT77QB2k~$(KGrHqYOKi4EyZ(fWP!ZBMzg-IH

On 7/20/2016 at 10:13 AM, raptron said:

IF YOU ABANDON ME, I WILL BE VERY SAD.

^This

Re: soup

Also tasty?  Sausage and pumpkin soup.  Freaking amazing.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2016 at 11:09 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

thick-cut smoked bacon! 

brilliant!

On 7/22/2016 at 10:51 PM, Kishi said:

Oooh, soup. Puree spiced sausage with sweet potato and you got something special. F'real.

oh man that sounds awesome.. except, you puree the sausage?

On 7/23/2016 at 8:09 AM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

More light & fluffy for ya:

6a00d8341c469c53ef017d427d083b970c-650wi

this made me feel better about my lax weekend :D

4 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

I.... you mean you don't want to celebrate with me for my 30th?

!B7NT77QB2k~$(KGrHqYOKi4EyZ(fWP!ZBMzg-IH

eep! it's a big commitment to stay up all night! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

W1D5 – Friday

warmup of straight leg walks and spidermans

goblet squats

5x40#

5x55#

front squats

5x75#

5x95#

3x105#

3x125#

BSS

5x70#

4x70#

4x70#

lying leg raises

11x5#

11x5#

10x5#

front and side planks at 55sec each

incline pushups on bench for the challenge

11, 11

throughout work day:

3 planks @ 70s

wall sit @ 1min

boat pose @ 1min

lunges @ 1min each

side planks @ 50s each

*lifting 3/3

*pushups 22/22

*cals 1,462

CHO/FAT/PRO = 246/31/64

W1D6 – Saturday 

woke up early at dad's and headed out to grocery shop. don't think i can count the vegan green smoothie i had at wegman's as cooking for myself lol

went home and set up the new tent to spray it with waterproofing. met a friend to put together examples of centerpieces for our friends bridal shower coming up. had a "ready to cook" lunch from wegman's of cod and veggies (counting it!). went on a nice semi-challenging and super sweaty hike with the SO, my sister, and her friend! was fun finding a new trail/small summit in blue hills that we hadn't done before

ended up having a low key night with a few friends i hadn't seen in awhile and ate some good foods (burger, tater tots, grapes, doritos).

*cardio 2/4

*afternoon meal 1/5

*pushups 0/22

*cals 2,035

CHO/FAT/PRO = 309/79/75

W1D7 – Sunday

made simple GF banana pancakes for breakfast, did a lot of walking around on errands, went out for lunch with the SO (duck BLT? yep), and then ordered in for dinner (salad and chicken nachos). ate way too much!

*breakfast 2/7

*pushups 0/22

*cals 2,535

CHO/FAT/PRO = 216/123/129

totally forgot to do my pushups this weekend!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

eep! it's a big commitment to stay up all night! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If it makes you feel any better, the Nerd-populated GORUCK I shadowed two years ago (and was the start of my downfall) I had the same reaction.  The booze and curiosity made me survive it. :P

You can shadow the GoRuck ILCH(may be more like a super heavy) custom on the weekend of August 19th instead and do Spartan in November. 36 hours of fun!

• Like 1

sweaty hikes and finding new trails sounds glorious! They are putting in a new trail at a park near me. I'm looking forward to temperatures cooling down soon for more hikes! Are the trails near you pretty hilly or relatively flat? 

17 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

If it makes you feel any better, the Nerd-populated GORUCK I shadowed two years ago (and was the start of my downfall) I had the same reaction.  The booze and curiosity made me survive it. :P

17 hours ago, raptron said:

Also only two of the like 6 people who started watching stayed the whole night. Not required. :P 

haha okay okay. i'll want to actually shadow and try to do a lot of the things that you guys are required to do so that should help!

16 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

You can shadow the GoRuck ILCH(may be more like a super heavy) custom on the weekend of August 19th instead and do Spartan in November. 36 hours of fun!

that does not sound like fun lol are you doing Aug ruck?

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

sweaty hikes and finding new trails sounds glorious! They are putting in a new trail at a park near me. I'm looking forward to temperatures cooling down soon for more hikes! Are the trails near you pretty hilly or relatively flat? 

this one was pretty hilly but we have fairly flat ones also that go around lakes. I'm pretty lucky to live adjacent to a reservation.

18 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

went home and set up the new tent to spray it with waterproofing.

New tent?  Details please.  Our old one has both door zippers a bit broken.  So I've been half-heartedly shopping around.

5 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

that does not sound like fun lol are you doing Aug ruck?

It seems to be slowly turning into that. Originally I signed up for just the Iron(powerlifting meet) but I'm slowly being coerced into continuing from there and doing the light. I had some concerns that I would be too wiped after trying to max out my lifts to go and do a Light after that. Especially since it looks like it may be slightly longer than a normal light the way the new stacked event layout is being developed due to lack of commitment.

3 minutes ago, MasterOfCows said:

New tent?  Details please.  Our old one has both door zippers a bit broken.  So I've been half-heartedly shopping around.

We got this one last year for $50 from Costco. It was really great, no leakage through some heavy rains and easy to put up. But that stupid "screened porch" is STUPID. lol it is not protected from the rain so it get's super muddy and is essentially useless, just annoying as it's a second door to go through. if it's sunny and dry, it's fine but how can you count on that?

so we bucked up and got this one right from the coleman website. we offered $125 for it and they countered with $168. we took it. it is big for 2 people but we can stand up in it. it's easy to put together and doesn't have any nonsense "frills" i anticipate it will hold up the same in the rain as the evanston but we haven't broken it in yet!

Yeah, I like the idea of a porch in theory, but find the reality never really works out.  Our old one is a Coleman.  I've been looking at North Face and Mountain Hardwear - so a little pricier than ideal, but there are some sales up here right now.  I'm also trying to get one on the lighter side so I could do a short backpack camp if I ever feel like it.  Our main problem with weight is getting one big enough to fit the queen airbed in, I'm not quite ready to spend the $$ for fancy lightweight sleeping pads yet.

2 hours ago, MasterOfCows said:

Yeah, I like the idea of a porch in theory, but find the reality never really works out.  Our old one is a Coleman.  I've been looking at North Face and Mountain Hardwear - so a little pricier than ideal, but there are some sales up here right now.  I'm also trying to get one on the lighter side so I could do a short backpack camp if I ever feel like it.  Our main problem with weight is getting one big enough to fit the queen airbed in, I'm not quite ready to spend the $$ for fancy lightweight sleeping pads yet.

ah yes, haven't looked into lighter models. we are strictly glampers at this point. or we have a canoe to carry our things from point A to campsite.

• Like 1

Week 1 summary:

Quest 1

*track everything tracked!

*cook for yourself 2 at-home meals this weekend. ehhh, better than 1?

Quest 2

*complete 3 lifting sessions per week check!

Quest 3

*complete 30 minutes of foam rolling or mobility per week only got in 21 minutes

*complete 4 yoga sessions throughout the challenge 2/4!

*complete 4 (at least 20 min) cardio or HIIT sessions throughout the challenge 2/4!

So got in all my lifting sessions but dropped the ball on mobility and pushup challenge. rawwwr.

PL4y8uS.gif

• Like 3

W2D1 – Monday

stayed home today. got in a 25 min cardio fitness blender. phew!

made eggs and bell pepper for breakfast, a quick chicken curry for lunch, batch cooked some salsa chicken for the week, folded laundry, did some stuff for my dad, and listened to "career of evil" with the SO. totally got her hooked on the cormoran strike stories. which, she happily told me, will be a series by HBO and BBC. fantastic!

got 2 sets of 11 pushups done (on the coffee table edge)

then ordered GF pizza for dinner and watched some OitNB.

*cardio 3/4

*pushups 22/22

*cals 2,017

CHO/FAT/PRO = 191/102/107

W2D2 – Tuesday

got 22 counter pushups done at work and went to the gym after some mobility at home.

warmups of windmills and L rotations

bench

8x45#

5x65#

3x75#

3x2x90#

underhand lat pulldown

5x70#

3x9x100#

bench dips with feet on bench

9, 9, 8

*lifting 1/3

*mobility 15/30

*cals 1,904

CHO/FAT/PRO = 141/78/167

ate brownies and chocolate pieces at work that I should’ve done without… but macros are looking better

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

W2D1 – Monday

stayed home today. got in a 25 min cardio fitness blender. phew!

made eggs and bell pepper for breakfast, a quick chicken curry for lunch, batch cooked some salsa chicken for the week, folded laundry, did some stuff for my dad, and listened to "career of evil" with the SO. totally got her hooked on the cormoran strike stories. which, she happily told me, will be a series by HBO and BBC. fantastic!

got 2 sets of 11 pushups done (on the coffee table edge)

then ordered GF pizza for dinner and watched some OitNB.

At this point I'm basically taking as many notes on meal ideas from folks as I am on lifting tips. ;) How do you make your chicken curry? Do you use a pre-made sauce or spice blend? Sometimes my Indian food is on point and sometimes it tastes like a 12 year old made it. 

3 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

At this point I'm basically taking as many notes on meal ideas from folks as I am on lifting tips. ;) How do you make your chicken curry? Do you use a pre-made sauce or spice blend? Sometimes my Indian food is on point and sometimes it tastes like a 12 year old made it. 

this one was just okay - i mostly followed this recipe except used thai kitchen's red curry paste instead of curry powder. my favorite recipe takes a bit longer and uses both! i find the pre-made sauces have unnecessary sugars and stuff in them. i can usually get the sauce to come out fine with some coconut milk, curry paste, curry powder, ginger, and cinnamon. i don't like the taste of coriander or all-spice. i bet turmeric would be good!

• Like 1

I always use the curry paste instead of the powder.  By the time you get as much flavour from the powder, everything is all gritty.  Thai Kitchen is also my favourite brand of curry paste, including the ones I've bought from Asian groceries.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MasterOfCows said:

I always use the curry paste instead of the powder.  By the time you get as much flavour from the powder, everything is all gritty.  Thai Kitchen is also my favourite brand of curry paste, including the ones I've bought from Asian groceries.

truth!

W2D3 – Wednesday

warmups of straight leg walks and spidermans

deadlifts

5x65#

5x115#

5x145#

3x160#

2x180#

3x165#

3x165#

straight legged DLs

3x11x115#

alternating lying leg raises

1 min – 48 taps

1 min – 50 taps

1 min – 52 taps

saw two large spiders in the gym window near when I deadlift. one had just caught a little beetle and the other was wrapping a large moth. then my bff chipmunk made an appearance as well. #nature

throughout the work day

2 planks @ 70s

wall sit @ 1 min

boat pose @ 1 min

lunges @ 1 min each

and a set of 22 counter pushups

went to my moms for a birthday dinner for her and my sister, then stayed at my dads for the night.

*lifting 2/3

*pushups 22/22

*cals 1,942

CHO/FAT/PRO = 135/99/133

so we are on schedule for exercise but way over where i probably should be calorie-wise. OH WELL I AM FLUFFY THIS CHALLENGE!

2fe056dc227cbe938807b0a6367ff457.jpg

• Like 6