• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM's light and fluffy challenge

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Um, this sounds pretty much perfect. Harry potter bridal shower? You have some cool friends. ;) 

Glad the yoga class went well! Are you doing to keep going? I'm starting to go to yoga this week myself. 

haha! it's a literature themed shower with a healthy dose of harry potter :D one of the bridesmaids works in a library and got a $0.50 copy of the chamber of secrets so we used that for the toppers!

i'm going to try! the instructor i like teaches at 5pm on thursday nights which means i have to leave work early. so if i don't make it, i just do a video at home. never feels as accomplished though!

W3D6 – Saturday

made a couple eggs for breakfast and then did some grocery shopping and errands for dad. did 11 pushups but I think I forgot to do the rest.

had some rotisserrie chicken lettuce wraps for lunch. went to order the cupcakes for the shower and split the last gf cupcake in the display with the SO :D

got a chocolate milk tasting iced coffee in town before heading up to the north shore for dinner and my friends musical. dinner was a super cute place. SO got a shrimp and bacon cobb salad, friend got veggie lettuce wraps with plum and peanut sauces, and i got a black bean burger with sweet potato fries. skipped the bun because holy moly carbs. washed it down with two really good house infused tequila margaritas!

*breakfast 5/7

*afternoon meal 2.5/5

*pushups 11/22

*cals 2,317

CHO/FAT/PRO = 206/76/99

W3D7 – Sunday

did some foam rolling and mobility before heading to the gym with a slight hangover

warmups of straight leg walks and spidermans

deload deadlifts

5x45#

5x5x115#

RDLs

3x11x115#

alternating lying straight leg leg raises

1 min – 58 taps

1 min – 60 taps

1 min – 64 taps

22 incline pushups

all done in less than 25 minutes… wut?

did some errands for the bridal shower and then went to book club, beach edition. the sun was behind clouds for a lot of the time we were out there but it was still nice to laz about in the sand.

*mobility 30/30

*lifting 3/3

*breakfast 6/7

*afternoon meal 3.5/5

*pushups 22/22

*cals 2,358

CHO/FAT/PRO = 255/82/105

• Like 2

Week 3 summary:

Quest 1

*track everything tracked!

*cook for yourself breakfast 6/7; afternoon meal 3.5/5

Quest 2

*complete 3 lifting sessions per week check!

Quest 3

*complete 30 minutes of foam rolling or mobility per week check! actually finished up my time on the weekend which I have always previously forgotten to do. feels great to get some good habits in on the weekends.

*complete 4 yoga sessions throughout the challenge 4/4! this includes week 0 though.

*complete 4 (at least 20 min) cardio or HIIT sessions throughout the challenge only did some walking this week for cardio 3.5/4

weighed myself on Friday morning and was actually 2# down since more than a week ago. still up around 165# though. maintaining on this many calories is a great thing though. maybe when I cut again to 1600-1700cals I can actually drop below the 160 mark. maybe?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, raptron said:

I liked this challenge weeek! Also what a lovely weekend. SO many tasty foods and fun plans. Yayyyy maintenance cals. :3 

yeah! who would've thought these were maintenance cals?? not meeee

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

weighed myself on Friday morning and was actually 2# down since more than a week ago. still up around 165# though. maintaining on this many calories is a great thing though. maybe when I cut again to 1600-1700cals I can actually drop below the 160 mark. maybe?

The late summer cut seems to be in the air. Just ask me and @AugustaAdaByron. Is someone spiking the water? 

I'm about to eat my first chicken breast, sweet potato, vegetable lunch and I'm going to try not to cry. At least the vegetable is bagged coleslaw mixed with watered down salad dressing instead of mayo. Flavor? please? I even bought a seasoning blend for the chicken when I normally season my food from scratch. Desperation to make this as painless as possible!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

The late summer cut seems to be in the air. Just ask me and @AugustaAdaByron. Is someone spiking the water? 

I'm about to eat my first chicken breast, sweet potato, vegetable lunch and I'm going to try not to cry. At least the vegetable is bagged coleslaw mixed with watered down salad dressing instead of mayo. Flavor? please? I even bought a seasoning blend for the chicken when I normally season my food from scratch. Desperation to make this as painless as possible!

haha that actually sounds great! coleslaw bags are great sauteed with coconut aminos and sesame seeds as well! add chicken and you has an asian stir fry!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

haha that actually sounds great! coleslaw bags are great sauteed with coconut aminos and sesame seeds as well! add chicken and you has an asian stir fry!

GENIUS! I love the bagged coleslaw because it's cheaper than salad, stays good for weeks, and I LOVE cabbage. I cooked up a ton of chicken yesterday and froze some in 6 oz portions. I'm going to write this asian stir fry idea down for next week (when I buy more bagged coleslaw). 

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

GENIUS! I love the bagged coleslaw because it's cheaper than salad, stays good for weeks, and I LOVE cabbage. I cooked up a ton of chicken yesterday and froze some in 6 oz portions. I'm going to write this asian stir fry idea down for next week (when I buy more bagged coleslaw). 

perfect! i also add a pinch of ginger and red pepper flakes. really amps up the flavor. :D

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Has anyone introduced you to ever so popular on NF Egg Roll in a Bowl? You won't regret it. (Protip: add diced, fresh jalapeno)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Has anyone introduced you to ever so popular on NF Egg Roll in a Bowl? You won't regret it. (Protip: add diced, fresh jalapeno)

How have I never seen that glory before?! I need that in my mouth right this instant.

(You can tell I forgot my afternoon snack today as I go from thread to thread commenting on food posts)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I'm gonna need stuff like this with sausage, because my first day of meal prepping I ended up with like 37g of fat left over for dinner and barely any protein or carbs. I'm not officially back to doing IIFYM, but I do have a cap on my protein per the medical establishment. For dinner  I'm just going to melt a stick of butter over like a 1/2 a potato or something. 

19 minutes ago, ArgSki77 said:

How have I never seen that glory before?! I need that in my mouth right this instant.

(You can tell I forgot my afternoon snack today as I go from thread to thread commenting on food posts)

NEVER FORGET YOUR AFTERNOON SNACK. This leads to coffee shop muffins which leads to actual muffin tops, the ones on yer waist. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm gonna need stuff like this with sausage, because my first day of meal prepping I ended up with like 37g of fat left over for dinner and barely any protein or carbs. I'm not officially back to doing IIFYM, but I do have a cap on my protein per the medical establishment. For dinner  I'm just going to melt a stick of butter over like a 1/2 a potato or something. 

that makes sense.. two meals with lean meats and one with a fatty meat?

W4D1 – Monday

throughout the work day:

1 plank @ 70s

4 planks @ 75s

wall sit @ 1m

boat pose @ 1m

side planks @ 1m each

lunges @ 1m each

22 counter pushups

did a 25min fitness blender cardio thing when I got home and some mobility/foam rolling. ran some broccoli through the vitamix for a raw salad with a dressing of orange marmalade/vinegar/oil. topped it off with some broiled chicken thighs and leftover rotisserie chicken. yummmm

*mobility 6/30

*cardio 4.5/4

*pushups 22/22

*cals 1,966

CHO/FAT/PRO = 149/81/173

W4D2 – Tuesday

throughout the work day:

1 plank @ 90s

1 plank @ 80s

2 planks @ 75s

wall sit @ 1m

boat pose @ 1m

side planks @ 1m each

lunges @ 1m each

22 counter pushups

did some mobility when I got home and took care of some stuff for dad. neuro cleared him to drive which is great, but he backed up into someone this past weekend. ugh.

*mobility 18/30

*pushups 22/22

*cals 1,959

CHO/FAT/PRO = 149/79/160

• Like 2

W4D3 – Wednesday

warmup of windmills and front plate raises

deload OHP

10x45#

9x45#

10x45#

bent over BB row

10x65#

10x65#

9x65#

strict pushups 7, 4, 4

incline pushups on bench 7

did some mobility when i got home and made up a batch of salsa chicken in the pressure cooker.

*lifting 1/3

*pushups 22/22

*mobility 24/30

*cals 1,913

CHO/FAT/PRO = 149/77/159

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

W4D3 – Wednesday

warmup of windmills and front plate raises

deload OHP

10x45#

9x45#

10x45#

bent over BB row

10x65#

10x65#

9x65#

strict pushups 7, 4, 4

incline pushups on bench 7

All that upper body. Yeouch! Looks like a good chest and tricep pump. ;) Feel the swole! 

• Like 1

W4D4 – Thursday

slept in, merrr. weekly sleep average is at 7h50m though so if I hadn’t of slept in I think I’d be cranky.

throughout the work day:

4 planks @ 75s

wall sit @ 1m

boat pose @ 1m

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 1m each

22 counter pushups

worked from home on a ‘fire drill’ until 9pm. I’m covering for another senior staff while he’s on vaca and it’s stressful. pretty sure I finished up my mobility before all that but i can't remember. i did some more tonight just in case. I did make some ground turkey and zucchini stir fry for dinner last night when I really wanted to order out bc the SO was at her parents. so win? ended up being pretty delicious.

*pushups 22/22

*mobility 30/30

*cals 1,803

CHO/FAT/PRO = 156/58/151

• Like 2

W4D5 – Friday

warmup of straight leg walks and spidermans

goblet squats

5x45#

5x60#

front squats

5x85#

5x95#

5x115# - rough last couple reps

bulgarian split squats

3x5x70#

lying leg raises

3x5x10#

high plank 60s

side planks 55s

throughout the work day:

3 planks @ 75s

wall sit @ 1m

side planks @ 45s each

lunges @ 1m each

did some extra mobility just in case, did coffee table pushups, broiled up some chicken for us and guests. had family friends staying over on their way down from VT to ptown. up a little later than usual but the apartment’s clean!

*lifting 2/3

*mobility 36/30

*pushups 22/22

*cals 2,198

CHO/FAT/PRO = 258/40/155

W4D6 – Saturday

made a couple eggs for breakfast and went to the gym with a friend

warmup of windmills and L rotations

bench

5x45#

2x5x75#

5x85#

2x95#

1x100# F friend was spotting and grabbed the bar to help too soon. It was ugly but I think I would’ve been able to rack it. didn’t want to try again though.

underhand lat pull downs

5x70#

5x105#

9x100#

9x100#

dips with feet on bench

10, 9, 9

deadlifts

5x95#

5x115#

made cod for lunch and then out to celebrate a friends 30th! technically ate a homecooked meal at their place for dinner… but I guess I shouldn’t count it. totally forgot about pushups.

*lifting 3/3

*breakfast 7/7

*afternoon meal 4.5/5

*cals 2,543

CHO/FAT/PRO = 213/93/102

W4D7 – Sunday

had some tikka masala chips dipped in greek yogurt for breakfast. no judging. it was home-prepped so, point!

burrito bowl for lunch at whole foods, got some returns and shopping done. it was ridiculously hot so we went to my uncle’s house to lounge around in the pool. then we ordered GF pizza for dinner.

*breakfast 8/7

*afternoon meal 4.5/5

*cals 1,807

CHO/FAT/PRO = 162/76/109

Week 4 / Challenge summary:

Quest 1

*track everything tracked!

*cook for yourself breakfast 8/7; afternoon meal 4.5/5 – not too bad! gotta keep this going though.

Quest 2

*complete 3 lifting sessions per week check! it wasn’t easy though so should probably keep this goal here until it’s a habit to wake up on workdays again. especially mondays.

Quest 3

*complete 30 minutes of foam rolling or mobility per week check! all it takes is 6 minutes/day for the week days. gotta keep this up.

*complete 4 yoga sessions throughout the challenge 4/4; this includes week 0 though. so I didn’t get a yoga session in on week 4.

*complete 4 (at least 20 min) cardio or HIIT sessions throughout the challenge 4.5/4, good stuff. the fitness blender workouts are easy to fit in.

been super busy at work and in life so (obviously) haven’t been keeping up on here. but I have been continuing to track calories and trying to get workouts in. I’ll be hanging out in my battle log when I get a chance to update!

tumblr_n1i3u8sbic1toxnu4o1_400.gif

• Like 4