• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ArgSki77

ArgSki77 Enters The Final Countdown

17 minutes ago, raptron said:

You're in Medford too? I'm right near Magoun Square which is at the Somerville/Medford border. @RisenPhoenix is also a Medforderrrr. :D Basically we have no excuse not to hang soon!

11 minutes ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Yup! Right outside Medford Sauare!

Also important to note that Medford square's area along the river occasionally has Squirtle sightings. 

I'm apparently living right between both of you. Living right near the tufts gym/baseball fields(Some times you can find me doing sprints/dying either on the track or lacrosse fields on random nights when it isn't a billion degrees and humid).

3 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

I'm apparently living right between both of you. Living right near the tufts gym/baseball fields(Some times you can find me doing sprints/dying either on the track or lacrosse fields on random nights when it isn't a billion degrees and humid).

Oh, so I probably passed you when I went on my walk to Davis the other day then. :P

• Like 1

I'm such a lazy asshole when it comes to food prep. The best I do is always preparing large dinners so that I always have leftover for lunch, and sometimes for an extra dinner. I've never gotten as far as preparing a week's worth of food. You are an inspiration. 

15 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Oh, so I probably passed you when I went on my walk to Davis the other day then. :P

That must be a solid walk from where you are. It takes me almost 20 min to get to Davis let alone from Medford center.

59 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm such a lazy asshole when it comes to food prep. The best I do is always preparing large dinners so that I always have leftover for lunch, and sometimes for an extra dinner. I've never gotten as far as preparing a week's worth of food. You are an inspiration. 

I'm the opposite, I'm good about getting my meals ready on Sunday. I go shopping and then cook everything at once before I even put it in the fridge. Dinner on the other hand is usually a game of "what can I find to eat in my fridge". Although now I cant do that as much because I'm dealing with another person to cook for and who likes to have a plan.

If I don't prep breakfast and lunch on the weekends, I have a bad habit of saying screw it and going out for food thus mostly breaking my macros. Actually...still have a bad habit of going out to lunch with my team at work. I can only stand so many hours in a lab with no windows that I need to get out of the building for a while and lunch is just a good excuse. But now with the higher macros and being careful what I order, I am still succeeding in fitting everything in.

Week 1 Day 3:

Everything is shifted up a day this week which means deadlifts were on the menu last night. My instagram is turning into just food and lifting(not that thats a bad thing) but Ill let the video and numbers speak for themselves about how good a day it was at the gym.

Deadlift - 415lbs 1RM

10 x 125lbs

10 x 170lbs

5 x 210lbs

4 x 250lbs

3 x 295lbs

2 x 335lbs

1 x 375lbs

1 x 415lbs (PR!!!)

15 x 295lbs (Big reps even after Max pull)

8 x 295lbs

Accessory

At the old gym so basic accessory work this time. No car deadlifts :(

350 Method Block pulls at 215lbs - 46 reps

4x30sec battle rope slams

4x12 HKR

4x10 hungarian split squats per leg

Food was pretty good. Pigged out at breakfast a bit but settled down during the day. After that workout I was super hungry and ate more than originally tracked so climbed a couple hundred calories over. Not worried though because weight this morning was actually down to 307.6lbs which would actually be my lowest since starting training! Success all around!

Calories 2732: Carbs 202g Fat 121g Protein 235g

• Like 5

Your old DL PR was 405, right?  I like that you went 375 -> 415 instead of 375 -> 405 -> 415.  It's aggressive.  Going straight after the PR is confidence personified.

2 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Your old DL PR was 405, right?  I like that you went 375 -> 415 instead of 375 -> 405 -> 415.  It's aggressive.  Going straight after the PR is confidence personified.

Yes. 375lb was the scheduled daily 90% thats built into my training. The 415lb was an extra set because the 375 felt easy and my coach wanted me to do a 400+ set if that was the case. And with deadlifts my struggle point is initial lift off the ground so I figured I would know right away whether it was going to go up or not. My rule of thumb is that if I get the bar moving, I'm relatively certain I'm gonna be able to lock it out. If that was a fail I was gonna drop back down to 405lb and try that since the fail wouldn't have zapped that much of my strength. 

• Like 3

Week 1 Day 4

I was being a butt last night and didn't get to the gym. The long hours this week(again) really got to me. I did however go home and do the weekly Warrior ROMWOD routine which was 45 minutes of some serious struggles stretching.

Food was good once again. Macro ratios were not correct however. I ate a bunch of fatty meats and some junk so protein was low and carbs and fat were high. But stayed right on the calorie goal which is a plus!

Calories: 2413

Carbs: 247g

Fat: 110g

Protein 145g

Week 1 Recap

Super butt mode to round out the week. Left work early on Friday to go to the gym but ended up starting chores around the apartment and never fit the gym in so I missed OHP again. Then had huge family/friends BBQ at my parents house all weekend. I just ate a bunch of junk and drank a lot of beer. Didn't track any of my food. Weight was back up to 312lbs this morning because of it. Feeling super bloated but hopefully that dies down today and I can see how bad the weekend actually was.

On the bright side, I finally had a week where I bought the correct amount of meat and veggies for lunch meal prep with two people eating different portion sizes so I didn't have to scrounge around in the freezer to make more lunches. Picture proof...so much almost symmetry

• Like 2

On 7/21/2016 at 8:53 AM, ArgSki77 said:

That must be a solid walk from where you are. It takes me almost 20 min to get to Davis let alone from Medford center.

I mean, it's pretty much a 20-25 minute walk depending on how fast I'm moving.  It's actually a walk I've started to enjoy a lot more since I accepted that I hate running but will walk for an eternity.

Also nice work on the deadlift!  I'm trying to work back up to my DL PR after taking a lot of time off and dealing with an injury which screwed my grip (broken fingers and barbells do not work well).

And that lunch prep!  I'm jealous.  I'm not used to making lunches like that, so it always amazes me when people make such pretty things happen.

18 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yeah that lunch prep is on point! did you cook the zoodles beforehand or will it just cook when you heat it up at work?

I left the zoodles uncooked. I think that led me to have slightly too little in the containers because they cooked down a bit in the microwave. My girlfriend said she wished there was more noodles in hers. It looked like a lot and it packed the container pretty full but next time, Ill add slightly more to account for the cook down when heated.

Usually when I make them for dinner or a meal Im eating right away, I would just heat up the sauce and add the zoodles at the last minute so they get just a little bit cooked.

• Like 1

Week 2 Day 1

Finally not a butt yesterday. Food was on point and gym session was solid.

tumblr_o5qithktyM1s6mkt7o1_540.gif

Barbell Squats - 345lbs 1RM    
  10 x 105lbs
  10 x 145lbs
  5 x 175lbs
  4 x 210lbs
  3 x 245lbs
  2 x 280lbs
  1 x 315lbs
  15 x 245lbs(Continuing the rep PRs pretty much each week now)
  8 x 245lbs

Accessory:

Was short on time so didnt get much accessory work in. Plus gym was crazy crowded for 8:30pm.

4 x 16 x 45lb shoulder hold walking lunges

4 x 15 Situps

Food was aided by the meal prep. Had to eat a bunch to supplement carbs though because I lost the opportunity for carbs in two meals with the zoodles instead of pasta and cauliflower rice instead of brown rice for shrimp stir-fry at dinner. Ate some pita chips and had a protein shake before bed to compensate. The thing I dont like is the super late dinners again(10pm) really affect my weight in the morning. Despite being spot on with nutrition yesterday, I was still up half a pound.

Calories 2422: Carbs 206g Fat 87g Protein 225g

3 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

The thing I dont like is the super late dinners again(10pm) really affect my weight in the morning. Despite being spot on with nutrition yesterday, I was still up half a pound.

Calories 2422: Carbs 206g Fat 87g Protein 225g

This is a real thing and annoying. I know if I eat anytime after 7:00 pm my weight is up the next day. It does help discourage late night snacking though. And pooping or not pooping doesn't seem to affect it. (just in case you weren't sure, warriors love to talk about their bathroom habits) Eating late always equals higher weight for me. 

8 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

This is a real thing and annoying. I know if I eat anytime after 7:00 pm my weight is up the next day. It does help discourage late night snacking though. And pooping or not pooping doesn't seem to affect it. (just in case you weren't sure, warriors love to talk about their bathroom habits) Eating late always equals higher weight for me.

I am well aware of the love of bathroom talk between warriors. The late night eating definitely shifts everything back a few hours. No desire to poop in the morning but as soon as Im at work there it is and that likely would be some of the difference on the scale.

Week 1 Day 2:

Another frustrating bench day. Been stuck for more than a month now at the same weight. I keep saying I am going to drop the weight back down because the previous week was poor then I get through warm ups and feel good so I don't lower it then bomb out on the AMAP set. Next week I will drop the weights...maybe. Also, got to gym late so had to cut accessory a bit short

Bench Press - 260lbs 1RM

10 x 80lbs

10 x 105lbs

5 x 130lbs

4 x 160lbs

3 x 185lbs

2 x 210lbs

1 x 235lbs

11 x 185lbs

6 x 185lbs

Accessory:

350 Method Incline press at 115lbs - 51 reps(REP PR increase)

2 x 10 x 115lbs BB Row 

2 x 12 x 65lbs BB Curl

Food was an adventure. I was super hungry all day for some reason which was strange because I had a big breakfast. Ended up losing my willpower battle and added some more food to lunch. Also I went a little crazy at dinner(taco Tuesday) because it was super late and I hadn't eaten anything much before the gym. All that added up to a pretty beefy(pun intended excluding the fact I had ground turkey) calorie total. I told this to my friend/coach and he responded with the following and said it happens to everyone. Moving on from all that and getting back on track today.

Cn_UHORVIAAOz5k.jpg

• Like 1

I would soft taco so hard....

A note on the bench press, it's going to be hard to progress past a certain point eating at a deficit.  You're ~300# and lifting heavy on a diet of ~2400-2500 calories, no?  Maybe your bench press has just gotten to the point that you need more muscle.  You're failing on the AMRAP end?  Maybe you can find a little more gas tank somewhere. Do you take creatine?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grymm said:

I would soft taco so hard....

A note on the bench press, it's going to be hard to progress past a certain point eating at a deficit.  You're ~300# and lifting heavy on a diet of ~2400-2500 calories, no?  Maybe your bench press has just gotten to the point that you need more muscle.  You're failing on the AMRAP end?  Maybe you can find a little more gas tank somewhere. Do you take creatine?

Fully agree on the soft taco!

I have just recently increased my calorie intake from 2100 to 2500ish so I have been trying to see if that is going to cause me to put on a bunch of weight. I know I need to eat in surplus to put on muscle but I may just be cautious because I spent months working the weight down from 360ish that I don't want to put on a bunch more. I am afraid that any weight gain that I see is simply fat and not muscle. I think once I get through the competition I am going to work more towards a typical cut/bulk pattern on my diet.

As for supplements, typically havent felt the need for any of them besides a protein shake here and there or BCAA during long gym sessions. But recently with the crazy work schedule, I rediscovered my preworkout powder which has creatine in it. I notice a difference on the PWO but I believe it is mostly just a caffeine thing to give me some pep after work.