Traxex runs away from the new school year

Traxex

I'm still new and people don't really know me but we're getting there. Here's a tidibit about me: I'm a high school teacher. (cue: Ohhhhhhh *that's* why she has so much time to futz around this forum). 

giphy.gif

My 10 week summer break ends August 12th. I will not squander the last days of my break. 

I lost 6 pounds the first 5 weeks of summer vacation, and then I backslid and I've gained back a few this past week after visiting my parents/grandparents. No, no no. 

giphy.gif

So here we go with my first official challenge!

Challenges: 

Diet

giphy.gif

• Stick to 21DF 4x a week
    • [++++|++++|++++|++++]
  • (4 = Poor; 8 = Fair; 12 = Good; 16+ = Excellent)

Fitness

the simpsons reaction lisa simpson season 6 lisa

• Lift 2x a week
    • [++|++|++|++]
  • Run 2x a week 
    • [++|++|++|++]
  • (2 = Poor; 4 = Fair; 6 = Good; 8+ = Excellent)

Level up life

tumblr_nabog4Rwhs1qh59n0o1_500.png

• Meditate 3x a week (this is the hard one) Yoga 3x a week -- I did yoga today while sore from lifting and realized how badly I need it. 
    • [+++|+++|+++|+++]
  • ( 3 = Poor; 6 = Fair; 8 = Good; 12+ = Excellent)

LOOT

Screen-Shot-2014-09-30-at-11.24.28-PM.pn

I've got some benchmarks above, but I think I'll run this on a weighted percentage.

giphy.gif

Oh yeah... 100%+? Go ahead and pick any two, baby. You earned it! 

7e0258b7fb5ed4302ed7e4f08a71cc0f.jpg

• Like 10

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

1 hour ago, Maddie Hatter said:

Nice setup & love the use of Ms. Krabappel. She was always my favorite character and what I would imagine if I ever became a teacher for students. Good luck this Challenge period!

Thanks!! I don't smoke, but my coffee cup in my hand is my signature look now ;)

1 hour ago, detivel said:

Good luck!

Thanks! 

17 minutes ago, whitedhairedwolf said:

Sounds good! I'll be following along. :)

Hooray! \o/

• Like 1

Level 2 Drow Ranger

2 minutes ago, detivel said:

A future goal will be to get in touch with my creative side. This write up is awesome and I will definitely be following!

Bahahaha babycakes! This wasn't any more creative than googling "edna krabapple gifs" ;)

Level 2 Drow Ranger

10 hours ago, doctorake said:

Following! Feel like this applies.

It's like you're visiting my gravestone :D

1 hour ago, UndergroundSusie said:

I'm a high school teacher too! It seems like we just started break and it ends so soon. I'll follow along! You got this! 

Woot!! I teach physics. How 'bout you?? 

• Like 1

Level 2 Drow Ranger

5 hours ago, Lifter5 said:

Woot!! I teach physics. How 'bout you?? 

Math (and social studies when they need me - I'm at a really small school). I'm so impressed that you teach physics. It completely went over my head when I took it. I managed through because I could memorize the formulas and do the calculations on tests but I don't think I ever actually understood the why in that class. Eek. 

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Here for all the lifting! :love-struck:

haha, we'll see. Go check out my battle log if you want the *real* lifting. Which is admittedly not impressive compared to other ladiez here. 

3 minutes ago, UndergroundSusie said:

Math (and social studies when they need me - I'm at a really small school). I'm so impressed that you teach physics. It completely went over my head when I took it. I managed through because I could memorize the formulas and do the calculations on tests but I don't think I ever actually understood the why in that class. Eek. 

You know, it seemed much scarier in high school than it does now. Also, just so much cool stuff and toys! Nerd heaven.

• Like 1

Level 2 Drow Ranger

Yay more high school teachers! <3 I teach English and Creative Writing. :D I'm happy to get a break from all the essays!

Loving your goals. These look really manageable. :D

• Like 1

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Current challenge: New Game

Previous challenges: 2017 Challenges: Strategy 2Strategy 1 | 1-3 1-2 | 1-1 | Reset
2016 Challenges: 432 | 1 | .5

15 hours ago, Lifter5 said:

haha, we'll see. Go check out my battle log if you want the *real* lifting. Which is admittedly not impressive compared to other ladiez here. 

You lift more weight than I do. :) Lifting is a journey. 

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Lifting is a journey. 

True that! I've been doing this for about 4 years. I frequently quit, come back months later and start from ground zero, get a tiny bit stronger than I was last time, then quit again. I really gotta stop that.... 

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

As a parent of teenagers, you all deserve medals. I don't even like my kids half the time

haha THANKS! My personality won't let me hold a grudge, which is definitely a boon in this line of work! 

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Love your challenge! You have a great set of goals and it'll be fun to watch you ace this challenge.

Thanks! Definitely gonna try. Week 0 isn't shaping up to well though... eep! 

• Like 1

Level 2 Drow Ranger

Hello! I really love the simplicity of your challenge and I'm wishing you the best of luck! Since I approve of your use of gifs, I guess I'll follow along. ;) 

And SO MUCH KUDOS for being a high school teacher. My sis is a HS teacher too and I've come into her classes before and man...I do not have the balls to do what my superwoman sister does. And physics too! You are one hot lady. 

I also attempted to do 21DF (with the colorful containers!), but couldn't stick to it consistently and thought I had to give up. I really like how you're viewing it for a few days a week! maybe I should try that! Do you order Shakeology too? That was part of my frustration with the program with it since I did not like the taste and it was more expensive than I wanted it to be... I'm excited to see your progress! 

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

6 hours ago, durfette said:

I also attempted to do 21DF (with the colorful containers!), but couldn't stick to it consistently and thought I had to give up. I really like how you're viewing it for a few days a week! maybe I should try that! Do you order Shakeology too? That was part of my frustration with the program with it since I did not like the taste and it was more expensive than I wanted it to be... I'm excited to see your progress! 

I swear I wrote a reply to this earlier, but I guess it didn't save.

I don't buy shakeology or actually purchase any beachbody programs. With 21df I reverse engineered it after *a lot* of research and have adapted it to fit my life/goals.

I've been eating like this for pretty much the whole summer vacation so far and am down 7 pounds. I'm still counting calories to double check my work -- but I do so very last thing of the day and don't obsess over myfitnesspal like I used to. So with what I've engineered for myself, I'm eating 1500-1700 calories a day.

Sometimes at the end of the day (like yesterday) I'll see that I've eaten less than 1400, and then I let myself enjoy a glass of wine or a small piece of chocolate or some other 100 calorie sweet treat. 

• Like 3

Level 2 Drow Ranger

22 hours ago, Traxex said:

With 21df I reverse engineered it after *a lot* of research and have adapted it to fit my life/goals.

This is awesome! I'd love to hear about how you tweaked it because it works for a lot of women, but for me it just...didn't. I think the restriction mentality was the least helpful. 

• Like 1

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

You were super nice in my challenge, I had to come and see yours!! 

Your Simplicity is wonderful. I try that but details are my friend (and enemy at times)

I think physics is fascinating. Energy is fascinating. What a neat occupation, how did you land that?

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

17 minutes ago, durfette said:

This is awesome! I'd love to hear about how you tweaked it because it works for a lot of women, but for me it just...didn't. I think the restriction mentality was the least helpful. 

I would be curious as well, more so to hear what it is other than colorful containers.

OCEAN RANGER

Current Challenge

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

58 minutes ago, doctorake said:

I would be curious as well, more so to hear what it is other than colorful containers.

21DF = 21 Day Fix

It's a nutrition and workout plan that is based on the idea that it takes 21 days to build a habit, in hope of helping you understand portion sizes. It's made by Beach Body, and wants you to use their protein powder called Shakeology with it. Basically, depending on your height and weight (I think? @Traxex correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't look at it in a while) determines how much of each "color container" you eat daily. They're cute little tupperware containers that represent different macros. So the yellow = carbs, red = protein, green = veggie, purple = fruit, blue = fats? orange = other fats like nuts? Along with the diet plan, it comes with 30 minute daily workouts. I like some of the emphasis, but it sort of plunged you into the deep end of the pool and felt really discouraging and restrictive in real life. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Previous I

1 hour ago, durfette said:

Well for starters I eat the 1500 calorie bracket instead of the 1200 as prescribed. That would be a 1000 calorie a day deficit for me. No effing thanks. 

The #1 thing I changed to deal with feeling restricted is I eased up on the carb restrictions. I eat white rice. I drink 2% milk more than twice a week (almost every morning). I also eat cake. My personal rule is 100 calories = 1 carb. I still only eat 3 carbs a day (usually 1 breakfast, 1 dinner, 1 dessert), but when one of them is, say, a 100 calorie pack of oreos, it ain't so bad ;) 

Go check out my battle log if you want to see the honest truth of what I eat in a day! 

1 hour ago, doctorake said:

It's a portion control system marketed primarily to housewives that is overpriced but has cute colorful (expensive) tupperwares that force you into proper portions. I guarantee if you use facebook you have someone peddling it and saying how it changed their life. 

If you do it correctly, you get a set number of calories with a 30/40/30 protein/carb/fat ratio built in -- but the only thing you have to think about how is how many containers of what food group you get per day. So it's stupid simple and amazing and it just plain works. 

All of what durfette said is correct, but I'm a lot more jaded about beachbody as a company. I don't buy their products or do their workouts. I just "stole" their nutrition plan :D 

• Like 4

Level 2 Drow Ranger