The Assassins' Den

Hazard

2 hours ago, Elennare said:

It's plastic.  It's also one of my favorite bottles and "get another one" isn't really an option. :/  Maybe vinegar wash, followed up with more baking soda?

You should try both at the same time.  Preferably with some red food coloring. 

/Bad Idea Fairy :playful:

• Like 7

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

3 hours ago, Elennare said:

It's plastic.  It's also one of my favorite bottles and "get another one" isn't really an option. :/  Maybe vinegar wash, followed up with more baking soda?

What kind of bottle is it?  

It's a fruit infuser bottle.  It's not that it's so unique, it's that I just spent as much money as the bottle itself costs to get a fancy decal to make it pretty, and I don't have room in my budget at the moment to replace it.

I think I found the issue and solution, though!  I discovered the taste came back because I tried to use it earlier today.  While cleaning out the nasty-flavored water and fruit, I discovered that the bottle itself didn't seem to have any smell.  The rubber seal around the top of the fruit basket, though?  Whew!  It seems some gross got stuck under the seal, so I've pulled that off, scrubbed it really good, and it is now sitting inside a small mountain of baking soda.  Should be good to go in a day or two!

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 7

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

If we're honest we all have that water bottle we've held onto slightly too long for hygienic purposes :P 

• Like 6

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Guys, I got the course map for the Tough Mudder I run on the 10th. I'm running the whole thing, so both the orange and white sections. The blue squiggly is the spectator trail (easy) and the yellow is the spectator trail (hard)

57c97cf20ebbb-coursemap.JPG

• Like 7

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

53 minutes ago, Alexandrite said:

That is just mind blowing. Are you part of the Legion then?

Sent by my Navi-powered device!

Yes, I am proudly a Legionnaire for the Mudder series.

And since I seem content to do at least one of these a year, soon I'll have all the cool headbands :P 

• Like 6

So the hurricane is pretty much over and done where I am, but at least five of the ten counties in this area have closed the public schools for the day. So what is everyone doing?  DisneyWorld and surfing. XD

(Not me. This county cancelled public schools today but my university did not. Which I guess is fine.)

In other news, that leftover macaroni and cheese I had last night seems to be having a minor disagreement with my gut.

• Like 3

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

15 minutes ago, Snickie said:

So the hurricane is pretty much over and done where I am, but at least five of the ten counties in this area have closed the public schools for the day. So what is everyone doing?  DisneyWorld and surfing. XD

(Not me. This county cancelled public schools today but my university did not. Which I guess is fine.)

In other news, that leftover macaroni and cheese I had last night seems to be having a minor disagreement with my gut.

I'm glad you're ok, less glad your tummy is not though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snickie said:

My office (in the middle of iowa) serves as back-up for our main office in Jacksonville. Yesterday and today have been... interesting :P

Glad you survived :)

• Like 1

So at work we have a PA3 (public affairs petty officer) that does Motivational Monday and Fitness Friday, she comes into the command center at around 8am and gets as many of us in the command center as she can to do 35 push ups with her.  Today we had a record 6 people doing push ups together.  It was  awesome to see.

• Like 8
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:39 PM, Myrik said:

So at work we have a PA3 (public affairs petty officer) that does Motivational Monday and Fitness Friday, she comes into the command center at around 8am and gets as many of us in the command center as she can to do 35 push ups with her.  Today we had a record 6 people doing push ups together.  It was  awesome to see.

My work is mostly military and with the 22 push ups challenge going around, we might just end up with several dozen people doing 22 pushups at the same time. We shall see if I am allowed to share pics/vid if it happens.

• Like 1

Snickie is weak.  Snickie can barely do one push-up (normal, not knees).

Snickie is also tired. (Dumb smoke alarms that seem to only go off at 2am.)

30 knee push-ups still to go.

I might do a circuit tonight after work (which is over at 10pm ugh) and knock out five or ten before bed.

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

Apparently, I can do exactly 1 pull-up. That might not seems much, but it's an improvement by a factor of... well... infinity.

Awesomeness.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

• Like 1