I'm new, and very hesitant. A little background - I've always been skinny-fat, or just skinny. I was the nerdy, younger, theater geek in school. Never played sports, worked in the office to get out of gym class. The only time I didn't dread and/or fail gym was the brief 6 week unit on weight lifting. Fast forward 10+ years, and I'm almost 30, and have lost the skinny part of skinny-fat. In the past two years, I've put on close to 50 lbs. Some of it was good, I was underweight from stress and smoking, but most of it is just fat, and I'm tired of it. I'm going to join the challenges, and I'm going to get fit.

I'm nervous, because I'm trying to get to a place I've never been before. I want to be strong, and I want to be athletic. These are things I've never allowed myself to want before, because I always felt they were out of reach. No more!

Congrats on the decision to level up. Welcome to the rebellion!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest guest4729
Brina said:

I'm nervous, because I'm trying to get to a place I've never been before. I want to be strong, and I want to be athletic. These are things I've never allowed myself to want before, because I always felt they were out of reach. No more!

Now that I've joined NF I have a new goal of ONE DAY doing the Tough Mudder race. Do you know how much this girl hates getting dirty and muddy? Do you know how much this girl hates running? A LOT. But whenever I see anything about Tough Mudder and whenever I look at their website I get so revved up and inspired that I just wanna go beast mode and lift lots of heavy shit. lol

Not to mention that chicks that do that shit are hot as hell. I love the fact that my wife is one of them. And to be clear, the act of doing Tough Mudder is what makes them hot.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest guest4729
Not to mention that chicks that do that shit are hot as hell. I love the fact that my wife is one of them. And to be clear, the act of doing Tough Mudder is what makes them hot.

So I assume you've already DONE a Tough Mudder event? If so, we should chat more. Srsly, message me. lol

/end thread hijaking

Nope, planning to in 2013. I've done a shorter mud run though. I also follow Tough Mudder on facebook.

500 / 330 / 625

Welcome! It's reasonable to be nervous. I know I don't have any reference point for myself at anything less than 210 lbs., so I'm trying to venture into the unknown with my new Paleo and CrossFit life. I'm excited though! And you should be too :) Change is good and deciding that you're going to change is a HUGE step. This is a great place to be. We're glad you're here and if you ever need a little extra love and support, we're here for you!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

HI Brina! I'm newish too, welcome!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Welcome to the Rebellion. Embrace your inner nerd and just be yourself while you Level-Up your life. Every journey starts with a single step, or in our case a very sore next day after the gym but we are all serving the same goal! A good time to join too! The next six week challenge starts in a few days and I am doing it as well as I am sure hundreds are. Look into and go full tilt!